What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 College football thread - It's the offseason, yo. (2 Viewers)

Great experience...the OSU fans generally were as advertised...but otherwise a smooth as silk event pulled off by the CFP.  More than anything it warms my heart to see CNS and this group accomplish the ultimate goal. He’s the best ever, and his kids love him.

Unless you’re a Bama fan that has to be the worst season of CFB ever. Was there even one memorable game the entire season? The entire playoff sucked as usual, SEC game was alright but never in doubt, Big title game was awful, ACC title was a joke, Big 10 and Pac didn’t matter, no rose bowl, yeeeesh. Maybe the best bowl game was Georgia-Cincy?

From a Sales perspective, it was surprisingly solid. Obvious retail channels like Dept Stores who weren’t open struggled, and generally brick and mortar was soft especially around college towns...but E-com was massive and overall the year was good enough to keep most vendors afloat...all expecting a big ‘21. Bama was bigger than LSU via E-com, so while OSU would have been huge it’s still a solid end to the craziest year ever.

Unless you’re a Bama fan that has to be the worst season of CFB ever. Was there even one memorable game the entire season? The entire playoff sucked as usual, SEC game was alright but never in doubt, Big title game was awful, ACC title was a joke, Big 10 and Pac didn’t matter, no rose bowl, yeeeesh. Maybe the best bowl game was Georgia-Cincy?
They are all getting bad.  The closest final game has been 6 points, the rest were all blowouts like last night. OSU looked like a mid major school last night against Bama and they lost their best offensive player and arguable best defensive player and did not miss a beat.  Fields did OK when the game was out of hand but overall had abad game.

The last drive before the half was a killer as OSU went 3 and out and Fields made bad reads on all 3 plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
CFB is getting like women's basketball in terms of the haves and have nots. Alabama is essentially UCONN.  There are other contenders but none really outside that circle of teams that consistently have the top recruiting classes.  All the top girls wanted to go to UCONN and all the top guys want to go to the top teams.  Nothing wrong with that but if people want parity... who knows a good solution?  Add the evolution of the transfer portal and it's become a form of free agency where the rich often get richer (e.g. OSU with Fields)  

Saban has been fantastic with Alabama and deserves all the praise he receives, but when you get top choices of the best players in the country every season... you always have a good hand to play to start the season.   

How do good teams like Cincy compete?  They don't. They can't.  Power conferences like the SEC have bottom feeders just like any other conference. They're making money off just being in that conference so, at least, they're content from that perspective.  But how are teams like Vanderbilt, UK, OMiss, Miss St and South Carolina supposed to compete with the elite?  Be happy with their conference check, I suppose.  

Unless you’re a Bama fan that has to be the worst season of CFB ever. Was there even one memorable game the entire season? The entire playoff sucked as usual, SEC game was alright but never in doubt, Big title game was awful, ACC title was a joke, Big 10 and Pac didn’t mactter, no rose bowl, yeeeesh. Maybe the best bowl game was Georgia-Cincy?
besides every bama game,  the first ND/Clemson game was great

I thought BYU vs Coastal Carolina was a fun game! 

But yeah, this season was an absolute abortion.  Should have taken a mulligan on the whole thing.

Fields is not Watson or Lawrence.   Hes just another dual threat guy that will fail in the nfl
Crazy to me that of all the incredible talent that has come through Ohio State over the decades, they have not put ONE QB in the NFL that even remotely approached decent.  I mean.....who is the best Ohio State pro QB?  Terrell Pryor?  

Crazy to me that of all the incredible talent that has come through Ohio State over the decades, they have not put ONE QB in the NFL that even remotely approached decent.  I mean.....who is the best Ohio State pro QB?  Terrell Pryor?  
You have to go all the way back to Tom Matte in the 50s.

Odds to win 2021 @CFBPlayoff title via @SuperBookSports:

Ala 9/5

Clem, UGA, OhSt 5/1

OU 8/1

LSU 25/1

ISU 40/1

A&M 50/1

UF, Iowa, Mich, ND, UNC, PSU, USC, Wis 60/1

Ore 80/1

Miami, Minn, Tex 100/1

Ark, ArizSt, Cincy, Ind, Mizzou, Neb, OkSt, TCU, Utah, VT, Wash, WVU 200/1

Aub 300/1

ESPN says last night's national championship game drew 18.7 million viewers. That is .... yeesh.

Per @paulsen_smw, the previous low for a BCS or CFP title game was 21.4M for USC 55, Oklahoma 19 in 2004.

ESPN says last night's national championship game drew 18.7 million viewers. That is .... yeesh.

Per @paulsen_smw, the previous low for a BCS or CFP title game was 21.4M for USC 55, Oklahoma 19 in 2004.
When do they take that number? I punched out at halftime like I assume many did

Users who are viewing this thread