Trade for Evans in dynasty

Question

12 teams PPR Start 1QB-1RB-3WR-1TE-2Flex

give : Jonathan Taylor, 2021 1rst and 2nd

get: Mike Evans and Todd Gurley

My roster:

QB :Arob, Burrow 

RB : Sanders, Taylor, Duke, Damien Harris 

WR: davante, Odell, Edelman, McLaurin, JBrown, Shepard, RAnderson, Preston, Higgins, Lazard, Duvernay 

TE : Gronk, Waller, McDo 

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

I think it's a bit much..  Not terrible but I probably rather have the Taylor side.

You basically are giving up pick 1.01, 2021 1st (not sure where), and a 2nd.  I think two firsts (with one being 1.01) for Evans doesn't make up the win of Gurley for a 2nd. 

Gurley is a big question mark.  He has definitely looked mortal (or less) the last couple of years.  He could be a nothing and if that happens you take a big hit at RB with only the upside & unproven work load of Sanders.  And while Evans helps your WR's corps you don't need it as you are already solid there.

I hold tight.

• Like 1

I think Taylor is on the way to being a stud. Might take few weeks to fully take over. But after that, look out. So not seeing much upside in Gurley given dynasty is about future years too. And Evans might not do well since Brady likes throwing short stuff. He historically leads the league on getting ball out fast or throwing it away. Doesn’t throw deep that much anymore unless guy is very open. I could see Godwin and Gronk doing well and Evans being a bit up and down, boom or bust. 

I would hold. But be looking at waivers or trades for RB. Using some wr depth. 

• Like 1

It's close, but I think I would rather stay put.  Gurley is likely on his last legs, so relying on him as your RB2 after this year is a gamble.  Evans would be a nice add, but you're pretty solid at WR.  Rather keep Taylor and see if he becomes a really good option at RB for years to come.

• Like 1