Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Trump coming to Tulsa.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching this is just like watching Ric Flair and the 4 Horseman being interviewed back in the NWA days.  I can’t believe this is what 1/2 of America thinks Presidential leadership looks like. It

You’ve contributed nothing helpful at all in this thread. If you have an actual point or argument to make, make it and be prepared to back it up with some evidence of some sort. And no, saying “Google

Steve Schmidt just called the speech The Emptysburg Address.

Tulsa's Republican mayor is skipping Trump's rally in Tulsa this weekend.

"As someone who is cautious by nature, I don't like to be the first to try anything. I would have loved some other city to have proven the safety of such an event already."

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-06-17/dont-ask-tulsas-mayor-about-trump-rally-plans

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, squistion said:

Tulsa's Republican mayor is skipping Trump's rally in Tulsa this weekend.

"As someone who is cautious by nature, I don't like to be the first to try anything. I would have loved some other city to have proven the safety of such an event already."

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-06-17/dont-ask-tulsas-mayor-about-trump-rally-plans

The event isn't safe. What he meant to say is that he would have loved for some other city to hold the unsafe event.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Football Jones said:

I’d pay to see it.

Trump - Let’s rock & roll, Sleepy Joe!!!

Biden - Am I the POTUS yet?

;)

Trump might beat him in ramp racing, we haven’t seen Joe do that event in awhile, but Biden has to be the favorite in water drinking. It’s a push in “staying on topic.” The whole election might come down to the tiebreaker, “who can stay up past 6pm.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

The event isn't safe. What he meant to say is that he would have loved for some other city to hold the unsafe event.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

This is a choice. And for God’s sake, stay away if you’re compromised. Wear a mask at all times & don’t go out unless absolutely necessary if you have health issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

This is a choice. And for God’s sake, stay away if you’re compromised. Wear a mask at all times & don’t go out unless absolutely necessary if you have health issues.

Or if you are over the age of 65.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

Trump might beat him in ramp racing, we haven’t seen Joe do that event in awhile, but Biden has to be the favorite in water drinking. It’s a push in “staying on topic.” The whole election might come down to the tiebreaker, “who can stay up past 6pm.”

When are the debates usually?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tonydead said:

This is MUST SEE TV. The local Fox, Fox23, is providing all day streaming coverage. 

Pissed it's not tomorrow tho, got other stuff to do on Saturday.  

How is this going to be any different than any other Trump speech/rally? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So no adults have stepped in yet to stop this madness? It’s downright dangerous and patently absurd to gather 19,000 people into an arena in the middle of the deadliest pandemic of anyone’s lifetime. Really unbelievable and frankly stupid. It’s going to take someone like a county health administrator to stop the actual POTUS from creating a public health hazard.

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

So no adults have stepped in yet to stop this madness? It’s downright dangerous and patently absurd to gather 19,000 people into an arena in the middle of the deadliest pandemic of anyone’s lifetime. Really unbelievable and frankly stupid. It’s going to take someone like a county health administrator to stop the actual POTUS from creating a public health hazard.

The problem is, like somebody posted in this PSF today, they have a too easy scapegoat in the BLM protests that the Donald can blame instead if there are flare ups.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

The problem is, like somebody posted in this PSF today, they have a too easy scapegoat in the BLM protests that the Donald can blame instead if there are flare ups.  

So when scores of MAGA rally attendees hit the hospitals in two weeks it’ll be because of BLM protests? I get where that’s coming from, but I don’t think it adds up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Football Jones said:

Come on, guys. This is just a drop in the bucket to the mass protests across the nation. There was no railing on those.

Let’s be consistent.

good.  you received your talking points.  we’re ready!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grace Under Pressure said:

So when scores of MAGA rally attendees hit the hospitals in two weeks it’ll be because of BLM protests? I get where that’s coming from, but I don’t think it adds up.

Tulsa is an Antifa satellite campus.  Didn’t you know?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The mass protests were inside arenas? 

Besides, this is the Trump rally in Tulsa oof thread. Plenty of other threads to make false equivalencies about the protests.

”But the protests though!” That’s how kids argue. Separate the issues. The POTUS is gathering 19K people in an indoor arena in the middle of a pandemic. That’s dangerous. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Any libs gonna watch it?

If you know when and where the wrecks happen at the NASCAR race, you’d be there right?

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

The mass protests were inside arenas? 

Besides, this is the Trump rally in Tulsa oof thread. Plenty of other threads to make false equivalencies about the protests.

”But the protests though!” That’s how kids argue. Separate the issues. The POTUS is gathering 19K people in an indoor arena in the middle of a pandemic. That’s dangerous. 

What are you going to do about it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The General said:

Cliff notes: I’m great. Sleepy Joe, mock some people, I’m great, greatest economy in history. 

 

will hire new SCOTUS judges on Monday!

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Football Jones said:

What are you going to do about it?

Nothing. He's coming to your city to hold a rally in a state he will easily win. If you dont care he is potentially putting the citizens of your city at risk for a vanity rally, I guess I don't care either.  What to you have to lose?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

What are you going to do about it?

If one person reads these threads and decides “you know what it’s probably not smart to go, it’s not safe” and one fewer person attends because of that then I will consider that a success. Because that’s what I can do, which admittedly isn’t much. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Football Jones said:

There’s nothing you or I can do about it.

May as well enjoy it.

Actually I can’t listen to his voice without wanting to rip my ears off, but I’ll follow along on twitter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get people vote for their team and all.

But listening to this dude ramble through a speech under normal conditions is one thing. 

Doing it in a packed basketball arena with a bunch of sweaty potential Covid carrying frothed up folks. That sounds not very good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The General said:

I get people vote for their team and all.

But listening to this dude ramble through a speech under normal conditions is one thing. 

Doing it in a packed basketball arena with a bunch of sweaty potential Covid carrying frothed up folks. That sounds not very good. 

It’ll be beautiful.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Come on, guys. This is just a drop in the bucket to the mass protests across the nation. There was no railing on those.

Let’s be consistent.

Hmmm. Let’s see. A social uproar sparked by a murder and 400+ yrs of mistreatment advocating for change or a prep rally to stroke someone’s massive ego.  Yeah those things need to be viewed equally so we can be “consistent”. Makes total sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dkp993 said:

Hmmm. Let’s see. A social uproar sparked by a murder and 400+ yrs of mistreatment advocating for change or a prep rally to stroke someone’s massive ego.  Yeah those things need to be viewed equally so we can be “consistent”. Makes total sense. 

Haha.

You act like rallies were invented by Trump.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Football Jones said:

Haha.

You act like rallies were invented by Trump.

Nope.  But there is ZERO reason to hold one right now. Well except to stroke his ego of course, and we all know how important that is.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...