What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump coming to Tulsa. (4 Viewers)

The times? We’re in unprecedented times.

But again, I’m a newbie.
Covid already is what it is in large part so the election matters little for that. The BLM change  reaches far beyond the POTUS and the change lies with us.  
Make no mistake I want Trump out as much as anyone so no more damage can be done, but I won’t go to fear mongering hyperbole to trying and make it bigger then it always it. It’s always important.  

I don’t think you’ve been listening to me

From your end, it’s easy. From conservative end, not so much. I’ve got a dozen people telling me to look at stuff

It’s usually 10-1 in threads (or more). Anyway, judging from the posts, I’m getting my message across loud & clear
I have been listening and responding.  Also against my better judgment I clicked on an Opie link and looked up the people you are touting in your black conservative movement.  

Yep, the bolded is part of it too.  "oh, how can I keep up when I am so outnumbered??"   

I have been listening and responding.  Also against my better judgment I clicked on an Opie link and looked up the people you are touting in your black conservative movement.  

Yep, the bolded is part of it too.  "oh, how can I keep up when I am so outnumbered??"   
Well, I’m doing the best I can. I will say that my #1 priority is what I’M interested in, not what anyone else wants me to do so I apologize if I don’t get back to people

I know you mean well, but you don’t have much of a clue what you’re talking about here (in regards to trying to get back to everyone).

Same reason ‘Dems will repeal the 2nd’ triggers people.  Irrational fear mongering.  
I don't think people fall for the repeal 2A thing. It's not happening & people know it.

It's more about some of the other gun control stuff (mag restrictions, etc.).

I don't think people fall for the repeal 2A thing. It's not happening & people know it.

It's more about some of the other gun control stuff (mag restrictions, etc.).
Oh really they don’t huh?...

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·

16h

These horrible & politically charged decisions coming out of the Supreme Court are shotgun blasts into the face of people that are proud to call themselves Republicans or Conservatives. We need more Justices or we will lose our 2nd. Amendment & everything else. Vote Trump 2020!

Oh really they don’t huh?...

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·

16h

These horrible & politically charged decisions coming out of the Supreme Court are shotgun blasts into the face of people that are proud to call themselves Republicans or Conservatives. We need more Justices or we will lose our 2nd. Amendment & everything else. Vote Trump 2020!
Oh, make no mistake, we have to stay vigilant. I feel for some states who aren't as red as Oklahoma & some others.

If you don't stay woke, you get Virginia. Tricky Ralph lulled 'em to sleep which was a very good lesson for Virginians (& any other state who has the potential to turn blue).

Last edited by a moderator:
I still want to know why there’s such a large lib demographic on a football site.
It’s not as much a large liberal demographic as a large anti-Trump contingent.  In the pre-Trump era the board was much more balanced but a lot of the conservative posters from the old days are now anti-Trump.

As for why the anti-Trump contingent is so large, I got a timeout a few months ago for trying to address this so I’ll do it in the most neutral terms possible.

There is a competing fantasy football website called FFToday.  On that site anything goes.  Misogyny, racism, trolling, it’s all good.  There appears to be no actual discussion of the sort you’ve been engaging in recently here, where there’s at least some attempt to air views and discuss them. It’s just insults and mockery and back-slapping.  The political threads there are overwhelmingly pro-Trump.

The moderators here make a strong effort to encourage actual dialogue by prohibiting the kind of stuff that goes on at FFToday.  It doesn’t always work, but there’s a sincere effort made.  The political threads here are overwhelmingly anti-Trump.

You can draw whatever conclusions you wish from that information.

It’s not as much a large liberal demographic as a large anti-Trump contingent.  In the pre-Trump era the board was much more balanced but a lot of the conservative posters from the old days are now anti-Trump.

As for why the anti-Trump contingent is so large, I got a timeout a few months ago for trying to address this so I’ll do it in the most neutral terms possible.

There is a competing fantasy football website called FFToday.  On that site anything goes.  Misogyny, racism, trolling, it’s all good.  There appears to be no actual discussion of the sort you’ve been engaging in recently here, where there’s at least some attempt to air views and discuss them. It’s just insults and mockery and back-slapping.  The political threads there are overwhelmingly pro-Trump.

The moderators here make a strong effort to encourage actual dialogue by prohibiting the kind of stuff that goes on at FFToday.  It doesn’t always work, but there’s a sincere effort made.  The political threads here are overwhelmingly anti-Trump.

I've only been here a short while, but from what I've experienced, the masses here are left of center. That said, I'm sure there's a fair number of conservative anti-Trumpers which I'm assuming is why you're saying it's so out of whack.

Would you say I have it correct?

I've only been here a short while, but from what I've experienced, the masses here are left of center. That said, I'm sure there's a fair number of conservative anti-Trumpers which I'm assuming is what you're saying as to why it's so out of whack.

Why do you assume this board is "out of whack"? I know polls aren't perfect, but you'd be hard-pressed to find one representative of the whole country showing a favorable approval rating.

I've only been here a short while, but from what I've experienced, the masses here are left of center. That said, I'm sure there's a fair number of conservative anti-Trumpers which I'm assuming is why you're saying it's so out of whack.

Yeah, I think might now there are more left-leaning active posters in the political subforum than right-leaning posters.  Some of the formerly conservative posters have now evolved into more left-leaning posters.  Some of them have just stopped or seriously curtailed their posting.  But don't assume that all the anti-Trump rhetoric around here is coming from liberals.

Yeah, I think might now there are more left-leaning active posters in the political subforum than right-leaning posters.  Some of the formerly conservative posters have now evolved into more left-leaning posters.  Some of them have just stopped or seriously curtailed their posting.  But don't assume that all the anti-Trump rhetoric around here is coming from liberals.
Gotcha.

I appreciate your input.

Libs to conservatives.

The ratio.
Perhaps the demographics of people who play fantasy football skews liberal? At least the subset who delve in the politics subforum. In any event, why do you assume it's "out of whack"?

The aforementioned competing site seems more conservative, but has far fewer members.

Perhaps the demographics of people who play fantasy football skews liberal? At least the subset who delve in the politics subforum. In any event, why do you assume it's "out of whack"?

The aforementioned competing site seems more conservative, but has far fewer members.
I don't know about FF. Probably need to poll the SP.

I'm simply referring to the ratio of liberals to conservatives in the PF being out of balance (or out of whack).

You’re not full lib (or Dem), right?

Anyway, I do appreciate the Dems/libs in here not being dishonest & say they would rail Sharpton.

This is an election with a lot at stake.
For the record, I’ve already criticized Sharpton.  In this very thread even. And I did figure out what is going on with the Juneteenth event. The official Tulsa Juneteenth event has been cancelled this year due to COVID-19. That’s a three-day event that happens annually. The event that Sharpton is speaking at is a separate unaffiliated event.

For the record, I’ve already criticized Sharpton.  In this very thread even. And I did figure out what is going on with the Juneteenth event. The official Tulsa Juneteenth event has been cancelled this year due to COVID-19. That’s a three-day event that happens annually. The event that Sharpton is speaking at is a separate unaffiliated event.
Yeah, I'm curious how many will be at the rally.

Might be rather big.

As fatguy said, a good number of the people labeled anti-Trump in this forum are also labeled liberals - when it couldn't be further from the truth. 

ETA - also both sides are really good at attributing beliefs on the other just because it doesn't align with them.  Examples being liberals supporting Antifa and conservatives supporting white supremacists. 

Oh, make no mistake, we have to stay vigilant. I feel for some states who aren't as red as Oklahoma & some others.

If you don't stay woke, you get Virginia. Tricky Ralph lulled 'em to sleep which was a very good lesson for Virginians (& any other state who has the potential to turn blue).
What exactly is the issue with VA? They allow open and concealed carry. Assault weapons are still allowed.

Is it one of the new laws passed in March that concern you? Which ones?

Criminal background checks are now required for all gun sales, excluding sales between family members and under certain other circumstances. Private party transfers between individuals who do not have a pre-existing relationship now require a background check conducted at a gun store.

Handgun purchases are now capped at 1 every 30 days. However, people with licenses to carry concealed pistols are excluded from this limit.

Virginia now has a red flag law. Judges can temporarily order the seizure of firearms from persons who are deemed a threat to themselves or others.[29][30]

Local governments have expanded power to ban firearms in certain sensitive areas, such as government buildings and public events.

The penalty for allowing a child under 14 years of age to possess a firearms by leaving it unsecured in a reckless fashion was increased from a Class 3 misdemeanor to a Class 1 misdemeanor.

People subject to "permanent protective orders" (domestic violence restraining orders with a maximum duration of 2 years) are required to surrender their firearms to local law enforcement, sell them to a licensed dealer, or give them to a person who is not prohibited from possessing firearms within 24 hours of being served notice of the protective order.

Gun owners must report lost or stolen firearms to police within 48 hours.

Yeah, I'm curious how many will be at the rally.

Might be rather big.
The Sharpton rally? Also a bad idea. We don't need to be doing any large gatherings in the middle of a pandemic in an area where it's spreading. Dumb.

Apologies for not keeping up on all the responses. Sleep and work get in the way.

Generally speaking, from what I see on "both sides" (I really hate the "sides" thing in this country), but from what I see everyone needs to chill the #### out and stop being so hyper-emotional and partisan right now. That applies to "both sides". Cooler heads should be prevailing.

The reason I don't give Trump a pass on the rally "even though there were protests" is because he's the POTUS, he should know better, he's allegedly an adult and a leader. Are the protesters dumb? Yes. Are they the POTUS for crying out loud? C'mon. Be better than that if you claim to be better than that. 

:(

Daniel Dale @ddale8 29m

Trump told the WSJ on Wednesday that Oklahoma's coronavirus spike "has already ended."

On Thursday, Oklahoma reported another record increase in new cases.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1273999266067988480
The pep rally will be filled with straight up lies like this.

He could say we have to go back to life, we have the best medical treatments in place and are learning more about the virus, etc but instead he will lie about things, make up figures that are just easily disproven.

Since he never gets called out by his hard core base why wouldn't he do this I suppose?

What exactly is the issue with VA? They allow open and concealed carry. Assault weapons are still allowed.

Is it one of the new laws passed in March that concern you? Which ones?

Criminal background checks are now required for all gun sales, excluding sales between family members and under certain other circumstances. Private party transfers between individuals who do not have a pre-existing relationship now require a background check conducted at a gun store.

Handgun purchases are now capped at 1 every 30 days. However, people with licenses to carry concealed pistols are excluded from this limit.

Virginia now has a red flag law. Judges can temporarily order the seizure of firearms from persons who are deemed a threat to themselves or others.[29][30]

Local governments have expanded power to ban firearms in certain sensitive areas, such as government buildings and public events.

The penalty for allowing a child under 14 years of age to possess a firearms by leaving it unsecured in a reckless fashion was increased from a Class 3 misdemeanor to a Class 1 misdemeanor.

People subject to "permanent protective orders" (domestic violence restraining orders with a maximum duration of 2 years) are required to surrender their firearms to local law enforcement, sell them to a licensed dealer, or give them to a person who is not prohibited from possessing firearms within 24 hours of being served notice of the protective order.

Gun owners must report lost or stolen firearms to police within 48 hours.
Tricky Ralph TRIED to do a whole bunch more.

He just wasn't very successful at it once Virginian became aware.

Users who are viewing this thread