What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump coming to Tulsa. (2 Viewers)

So you're also claiming to have a problem with dip ####s?
Looters and arsonists, assaulters really, they fall into the dip #### catagory and rise right to the top like cream.  Not a difficult concept, not sure why you're struggling with it.  

But Trump!

Trump said he won't tolerate any low lifes coming to Tulsa. If he enforces that sounds like there is no danger of overcrowding the rally. 

@realDonaldTrump

Any protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes who are going to Oklahoma please understand, you will not be treated like you have been in New York, Seattle, or Minneapolis. It will be a much different scene!

Well that sure is healing.

:goodposting: 250 national guard activated.  Law and Order.   :thumbup:
We were wondering about that around here. Great move, IMO.

I'm sure there'll still be a lot of business owners protecting their businesses & such, but a show of force is good.

That said, there's still potential for trouble so stay vigilant, Tulsa.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. The protests were outside. People could space themselves from each other. 
2. The rally is inside, people will be jammed up against each other. 
3. The protests usually involved marching from one place to another- in other words: movement. 
4. The rally will be in one place- thousands of people jammed against each other with no movement. 
5. Most of the people at the protests wore masks. 
6. It remains to be seen how many at the rally will wear masks. Based on what is being said anecdotally, not many. 

These are obvious, VERY significant differences between the rally and the protests, so much so that any one who argues that they’re the same at this point is being deliberately disingenuous IMO. 

@realDonaldTrump

Any protesters, anarchists, agitators, looters or lowlifes who are going to Oklahoma please understand, you will not be treated like you have been in New York, Seattle, or Minneapolis. It will be a much different scene!

Well that sure is healing.
Such a fantastic leader and unifier of this country.  

3. The protests usually involved marching from one place to another- in other words: movement. 
4. The rally will be in one place- thousands of people jammed against each other with no movement. 
6. It remains to be seen how many at the rally will wear masks. Based on what is being said anecdotally, not many. 

These are obvious, VERY significant differences between the rally and the protests, so much so that any one who argues that they’re the same at this point is being deliberately disingenuous IMO. 
Yeah, lots of dynamics for sure.

If you want to talk simply health concerns, both have potential issues & fallout. Can't deny that.

But again, much of this is politics. You, me, & everyone else knows it.

Again, spare me the unity & good faith speeches. Let's get real. This went south a long time ago. Politics, man.

Let's just hope (& pray if you're inclined) we come out of this with nobody hurt from rioting, etc.

Can we all just agree on that?

Are we talking about the same thing.  

Public health and safety must be a political thing? 
You guys can fight amongst yourselves if you want.

Personally, I'm going to stay more positive over the next 24 hours or so & simply hope there's no significant trouble.

In terms of health issues, there's never going to be some doomsday scenario that is traced back to rally goers.  Oklahoma generally and Tulsa specifically has already been spiking.  The numbers will likely continue to go up, and the cause will be largely unattributable to any specific event.  Could be the rally, could be the protests, could be people who just continue to go out in public to restaurants, bars, etc. without masks.
A rally of 19k in a packed arena is like 30 grocery stores combined into one place  (something that is essential to keep open) inviting everyone to shop at exactly the same time.

Looters and arsonists, assaulters really, they fall into the dip #### catagory and rise right to the top like cream.  Not a difficult concept, not sure why you're struggling with it.  

But Trump!
I'm not struggling with the concept that looters and arsonists are collective a-holes. We agree on this. Everybody does. I'm not interested in a pissing match. I just find your recent crusade against hypocrisy to be, well, hypocritical. And every bit as partisan as those you tirelessly rail against. We're all guilty of it to varying degrees, i suppose. But hey, you do the you that you do so well.

This rally is a drop in the bucket compared to the protests. All we can do is police our own side. Otherwise, it's disingenuous. Your words mean absolutely nothing & fall on deaf ears. Be an example before you rail on the other side. Hypocrisy doesn't get to go unchecked. That's not how it works.

As we know from a question I raised last night (would you rail Sharpton if the roles were reversed & he was at BOK & Trump was at Greenwood & Archer), this is about POLITICS right now (for better or worse).
Its also about leadership. Trump's refusal to wear a mask and refusal to follow and promote social distancing and safety is another example of failing to lead and failure to model responsible behavior. I would suggest that some Trump supporters will not wear masks because of his example. I also view it as cowardly on his part that those who attend his rally sign waivers relieving him of responsibility.

I can see why Trump supporters would consider it hypocrisy for others to not make as big a deal regarding the BLM or George Floyd protesters not practicing social distancing.

I offset that somewhat though as I view the BLM and George Floyd protesters actions as rage due to a filmed murder and a cry for social justice compared to a rally that is to a degree the stroking of Donald Trump's ego.

Its also about leadership. Trump's refusal to wear a mask and refusal to follow and promote social distancing and safety is another example of failing to lead and failure to model responsible behavior. I would suggest that some Trump supporters will not wear masks because of his example. I also view it as cowardly on his part that those who attend his rally sign waivers relieving him of responsibility.

I can see why Trump supporters would consider it hypocrisy for others to not make as big a deal regarding the BLM or George Floyd protesters not practicing social distancing.

I offset that somewhat though as I view the BLM and George Floyd protesters actions as rage due to a filmed murder and a cry for social justice compared to a rally that is to a degree the stroking of Donald Trump's ego.
Exactly. How is this mask issue such a deal?

Its mind numbing.

Tim, these are very good and obvious points, but you know and I know that even if Trump did this in an open air arena, people would still be losing their mind over this. I personally think it is terrible, terrible decision. What we haven't seen however is the possible spike from the Floyd protests yet--so that will be worth monitoring and see where we are. If we end up with NYC or other big cities going off the rails again, any criticism of Trump needs to balanced with criticism of protesters.  

This a car accident that we all can see about to happen and there is nothing we can do to stop it. There WILL be an element there that perpetrates violence against the attendees. It has happened before and it will happen in Tulsa. His campaign ads will be written for him by them. 

Sad times, Man---sad times. 

Again, spare me the unity & good faith speeches. Let's get real. This went south a long time ago. Politics, man.

Let's just hope (& pray if you're inclined) we come out of this with nobody hurt from rioting, etc.

Can we all just agree on that?
Agreed. No violence, no property damage, no crowds, no problems. Hoping for that beyond hope. It’s not good for Tulsa, it’s not good for the country. It’s just not good at all and wish it wasn’t happening. Covid too? Just bad stuff all around. Forcing all this and it’s hard to understand why.

A rally of 19k in a packed arena is like 30 grocery stores combined into one place  (something that is essential to keep open) inviting everyone to shop at exactly the same time.
:yes:  and also unmasked, cheering, etc.

My spidey sense is that the rally-goers will luck out somewhat and not much will come of this rally, COVID-wise. All hunch, no science, though. Guess we'll see.

Exactly. How is this mask issue such a deal?

Its mind numbing.
I'll report on that. Maybe it will be higher than out in the wild.

We don't know that yet, but not wearing masks is HUGE in the USA now (nearly everywhere). Think how many millions of people aren't wearing them.

It's ok to feel however you want about the rally, but forget about the protestors, we have millions upon millions upon millions of Americans in everyday life not wearing them.

That people won’t put a mask on for other people baffles me. I don’t get it.
I will have to admit that Trump is partially right on people wearing a mask  as a signal of disapproval of him. I wear a mask when in crowded public places just to show I believe the science and like to show that I actually give a damn about other people. But yes wearing one for me is also is my way of showing people I am not one of Trump’s sheep.

I wouldn't doubt that we have millions upon millions upon millions of Americans in everyday life not washing their hands after taking a dump. Doesn't make not wearing a mask in a crowded public space during an ongoing pandemic somehow acceptable. It's selfish unaware behavior. No politics involved. 

I wouldn't doubt that we have millions upon millions upon millions of Americans in everyday life not washing their hands after taking a dump. Doesn't make not wearing a mask in a crowded public space during an ongoing pandemic somehow acceptable. It's selfish unaware behavior. No politics involved. 
There ya go.

Get it out.

At least wait to see how many people aren't wearing one before railing, LOL.

I'm curious to know the age demographic at the rally. No idea.

I will have to admit that Trump is partially right on people wearing a mask  as a signal of disapproval of him.
I don't think of him at all when wearing a face covering in public. All I think of it is that it's part of the price of participating in society given prevailing conditions. His concerns are not relevant.

Wait to see how many aren't wearing masks before railing.

I should have a fairly accurate report on it.
Wasn't referencing the rally. Was reacting to "not wearing masks is HUGE in the USA now (nearly everywhere)." I see the same thing and was commenting that I think it is crap behavior diring an ongoing pandemic and it has nothing to do with politics (unless one really wants to force that narrative). 

Wasn't referencing the rally. Was reacting to "not wearing masks is HUGE in the USA now (nearly everywhere)." I see the same thing and was commenting that I think it is crap behavior diring an ongoing pandemic and it has nothing to do with politics (unless one really wants to force that narrative). 
That's fine, man.

My point is I see people railing about mask-wearing already & the rally is tomorrow.

Anyway, we'll find out soon enough.

I'm not struggling with the concept that looters and arsonists are collective a-holes. We agree on this. Everybody does. I'm not interested in a pissing match. I just find your recent crusade against hypocrisy to be, well, hypocritical. And every bit as partisan as those you tirelessly rail against. We're all guilty of it to varying degrees, i suppose. But hey, you do the you that you do so well.
False. There are thousands protesting right now that do not agree with this. I think that is where you are struggling. But the reality is, you know this, that is the hypocrisy. Herb, thy name is hypocrisy.  

Way over rated. I used exactly one N95 mask during this whole thing, when I was cutting tile. 

Agreed. No violence, no property damage, no crowds, no problems. Hoping for that beyond hope. It’s not good for Tulsa, it’s not good for the country. It’s just not good at all and wish it wasn’t happening. Covid too? Just bad stuff all around. Forcing all this and it’s hard to understand why.
Lots at stake come November.  Is Biden ever coming out of the basement?  Campaign differences could make all the difference. Most of us arent scared to death of the covid or the "protesters"  The "protesters" could solve a bunch of your concerns by staying home though.  

Lots at stake come November.  Is Biden ever coming out of the basement?  Campaign differences could make all the difference. Most of us arent scared to death of the covid or the "protesters"  The "protesters" could solve a bunch of your concerns by staying home though.  
Right. What's wrong with peaceful protesting?

Everybody goes home that way.

OMG 19000 haircuts at the exact same time!
Right? That sounds like a bad idea. Not sure what kind of haircut you’re  getting but you also sit a little closer at a stadium than my place.

Lots of frothing at the mouth going on. Spittle flying.

Whole thing seems like a big COVID buffet. 

The tables are turned, essentially.

Instead of them pulling the strings & saying, 'You must obey', they're finally going to get told, 'You must obey'.

Hopefully, they see the light. Nobody here wants any trouble.

Is this being televised nationwide or just Fox23 in Tulsa?

Anyone know?
OANN is going to air it live on 5 different channels like ESPN does. One will be the normal straight angle, one will be a MAGA hat cam from Brutus Guthrie in the gallery, one will be a drone overhead shot until an attendee shoots it out of the sky thinking it’s an Antifa spy, one will be an exclusive feed into Stephen Miller eating a dead rabbit, raw with fur and everything, and the last one will be the Rudy Wander-Cam which quite frankly is the one I’ll be watching.

OANN is going to air it live on 5 different channels like ESPN does. One will be the normal straight angle, one will be a MAGA hat cam from Brutus Guthrie in the gallery, one will be a drone overhead shot until an attendee shoots it out of the sky thinking it’s an Antifa spy, one will be an exclusive feed into Stephen Miller eating a dead rabbit, raw with fur and everything, and the last one will be the Rudy Wander-Cam which quite frankly is the one I’ll be watching.
I'll take the MAGA hat cam from Bubba & Mary Jo.

Users who are viewing this thread