Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Trump coming to Tulsa.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching this is just like watching Ric Flair and the 4 Horseman being interviewed back in the NWA days.  I can’t believe this is what 1/2 of America thinks Presidential leadership looks like. It

You’ve contributed nothing helpful at all in this thread. If you have an actual point or argument to make, make it and be prepared to back it up with some evidence of some sort. And no, saying “Google

Steve Schmidt just called the speech The Emptysburg Address.

Just now, Football Jones said:

Why was it EVER an issue?

Meet privately with Gundy if you have a problem with a t-shirt he's wearing.

Holy ####. What are they trying to prove? How tough they are?

Give me a break.

The star of the team, the guy who lead the nation in rushing called his coach out for saying OAN reports the news without commentary.

Both of these things will make news.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The General said:

The star of the team, the guy who lead the nation in rushing called his coach out for saying OAN reports the news without commentary.

Both of these things will make news.

 

 

I don't give a #### what he did on the field. This was about a ####### t-shirt.

It was disrespectful & the sign of the times.

if you meet with Gundy & still believe there's issues, then rail on him.

Otherwise, you're part of the problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

I don't give a #### what he did on the field. This was about a ####### t-shirt.

It was disrespectful & the sign of the times.

if you meet with Gundy & still believe there's issues, then rail on him.

Otherwise, you're part of the problem. 

You’re darn right it’s disrespectful. By Gundy. He’s the problem. 
 

He needs to publicly apologize. If he doesn't the school probably should suspend him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

I don't give a #### what he did on the field. This was about a ####### t-shirt.

It was disrespectful & the sign of the times.

if you meet with Gundy & still believe there's issues, then rail on him.

Otherwise, you're part of the problem. 

You asked why is this news. It’s news because the leading rusher in the nation said he’s not showing up.

This whole thing played out perfectly fine.  I can’t for the life of me see what happened here that you think is so dramatic.

Player sees his coach saying some crazy stuff about some bat#### conspiracy theory “news site”. Player tweets about it. Coach meets with player. Player says “we cool”.

Isn’t this what happened? That’s what I read.

I feel like we are reading two different accounts of what occurred here.

I’m honestly surprised that these players bought back in so quickly but they have a relationship this guy so you have to trust their judgement.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

You’re darn right it’s disrespectful. By Gundy. He’s the problem. 
 

He needs to publicly apologize. If he doesn't the school probably should suspend him. 

Sounds like Hubbard is ok with it & they worked it out (from what I heard).

Think he still should be suspended?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

Hey, Sherlock.

I don't put anyone on ignore, but at the same time, I'm not addressing you further.

Got it - you want to accuse all Democrats of thinking some category of people you fall in to to be racist but you don’t want to say what the group is.  Why should anybody engage you further? 

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The General said:

You asked why is this news. It’s news because the leading rusher in the nation said he’s not showing up.

This whole thing played out perfectly fine.  I can’t for the life of me see what happened here that you think is so dramatic.

Player sees his coach saying some crazy stuff about some bat#### conspiracy theory “news site”. Player tweets about it. Coach meets with player. Player says “we cool”.

Isn’t this what happened? That’s what I read.

I feel like we are reading two different accounts of what occurred here.

I’m honestly surprised that these players bought back in so quickly but they have a relationship this guy so you have to trust their judgement.

 

 

They bought back in because it's nonsense.

Maybe this is a good lesson for them.

Don't run your mouth before you find out all the details.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Football Jones said:

They bought back in because it's nonsense.

Maybe this is a good lesson for them.

Don't run your mouth before you find out all the details.

What :lol: ?

I suppose they both learned learned that you need to be aware that social media will put a lot of eyes on you.

You think Gundy is going to be talking about OAN with the team? Sharing articles?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The General said:

What :lol: ?

I suppose they both learned learned that you need to be aware that social media will put a lot of eyes on you.

You think Gundy is going to be talking about OAN with the team? Sharing articles?

You must obey & get reprimanded. LOL

Hubbard is supposedly into this movement BIG-TIME, right? Tough on BLM.

if so, & he's ok with Gundy, why did he spout off in the first place & make him look bad?

It's the 'me' mentality. Did Hubbard even stop to think? Or did he just react like he's been taught? No checks, no balances.

 

Edited by Football Jones
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

I don't give a #### what he did on the field. This was about a ####### t-shirt.

It was disrespectful & the sign of the times.

if you meet with Gundy & still believe there's issues, then rail on him.

Otherwise, you're part of the problem. 

Speaking about the importance of a ####### t-shirt.

Gundy once fired a contractor for wearing an OU Sooners shirt on his property.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/6857486/oklahoma-state-cowboys-mike-gundy-fired-ou-shirt

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Football Jones said:

You must obey & get reprimanded. LOL

Hubbard is supposedly into this movement BIG-TIME, right? Tough on BLM.

if so, & he's ok with Gundy, why did he spout off in the first place & make him look bad?

It's the 'me' mentality. Did Hubbard even stop to think? Or did he just react like he's been taught? No checks, no balances.

 

I’d guess it was hearing his coach say he watched OAN because they report the news without commentary. As I said before that is a laughably stupid comment. I would be disappointed to find out someone I respected said that. 

But TBH who knows what else was going on. I don’t. You certainly don’t seem to either.

Regardless it seems to be a pretty insignificant story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The General said:

I’d guess it was hearing his coach say he watched OAN because they report the news without commentary. As I said before that is a laughably stupid comment. I would be disappointed to find out someone I respected said that. 

But TBH who knows what else was going on. I don’t. You certainly don’t seem to either.

Regardless it seems to be a pretty insignificant story.

I'm glad it died down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Football Jones said:

I'm glad it died down.

Fair enough. It does seem to be getting sensationalized or spotlit because of what’s going on right now.

Social media, generating clicks, news media for profit certainly presents a whole boatload of issues that we do seem to be struggling with.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the moops said:

Who the #### wears a shirt with any networks name on it?

the people that watch OAN

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, the moops said:

Who the #### wears a shirt with any networks name on it?

Well, I'm sure he wishes he never would've worn it.

Hate to think of the problems Gundy could have over something like this. He mentioned he found it due to COVID.

If you disagree with him, that's fine, but this is going to paint him in a certain light. From what I know about Gundy, if he's a racist, he's not very good at it.

Really disappointing (par for the course).

Edited by Football Jones
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, the moops said:

He found a conspiracy site because of covid and decided to buy a shirt.

sounds legit

The player met with him and felt good with what he heard from the guy.

But yeah that explanation was pretty ridiculous.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

We take our football seriously around here.

No you don’t. The only reason OSU has had any success at all is because one rich businessman decided to buy himself a college football team. And even then your success has been moderate at best. I don’t like Phil Knight either but at least he’s gotten a bang for his buck. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, timschochet said:

No you don’t. The only reason OSU has had any success at all is because one rich businessman decided to buy himself a college football team. And even then your success has been moderate at best. I don’t like Phil Knight either but at least he’s gotten a bang for his buck. 

Haha.

You saying OSU cheats?

What about OU?

Who's your team? I'm pretty sure Cali teams are getting their ### handed to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, timschochet said:

No you don’t. The only reason OSU has had any success at all is because one rich businessman decided to buy himself a college football team. And even then your success has been moderate at best. I don’t like Phil Knight either but at least he’s gotten a bang for his buck. 

Tell you what...

I'll take OU/OSU/TU & you can have all of Cali. One lil ol' red state gonna whoop-up on some Dems (non-negotiable).

Edited by Football Jones
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

I bet you loved it when Aikman transferred.

Nobody expected that to be a big deal. He was from Cerritos but the Sooners had him run the wishbone so I thought he was a running guy. I really wanted Rodney Peete who ended up at USC. 
 

Aikman was great at UCLA but not nearly as great as he should have been. Terry Donahue failed to stretch the field. He wasn’t used properly. And he lost to the Trojans twice. Cade McNown had a better career at UCLA- too bad he was such a dbag. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Nobody expected that to be a big deal. He was from Cerritos but the Sooners had him run the wishbone so I thought he was a running guy. I really wanted Rodney Peete who ended up at USC. 
 

Aikman was great at UCLA but not nearly as great as he should have been. Terry Donahue failed to stretch the field. He wasn’t used properly. And he lost to the Trojans twice. Cade McNown had a better career at UCLA- too bad he was such a dbag. 

🦽

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The Sooners had Aikman running the wishbone. Just thought I'd repeat that.

Honestly, I'm not sure why he signed other than playing at Henryetta, OK.

Crazy thing is that's kinda the boonies. I forget why he moved there specifically, but looks like he would've went to Broken Arrow, Jenks, or Union (powerhouse Oklahoma teams) for a better chance at getting noticed.

I guess it worked out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The Sooners had Aikman running the wishbone. Just thought I'd repeat that.

With Marcus Dupree leaving OU early, Switzer switched from the I formation back to the wishbone, IIRC.

A Jerome Brown sack broke Aikman's ankle setting in motion the transfer to UCLA and a HOF career. In that game, Aikman played against his future coach, Jimmy, and his future #1 target, Michael Irwin. OU went undefeated from 1985 to 1987, minus the 3 losses to the U.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

With Marcus Dupree leaving OU early, Switzer switched from the I formation back to the wishbone, IIRC.

A Jerome Brown sack broke Aikman's ankle setting in motion the transfer to UCLA and a HOF career. In that game, Aikman played against his future coach, Jimmy, and his future #1 target, Michael Irwin. OU went undefeated from 1985 to 1987, minus the 3 losses to the U.

This is correct. The offense at OU was formatted to fit Holloway after Aikman went down. He wasn't recruited to run the wishbone.  He transferred because Switzer wasn't going back after he saw what he had.  

 

Good post.  :thumbup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

And lol @ casually stumbling upon OAN one day and being so immediately impressed by their objective news reporting absent any commentary that you were so moved to not only purchase but proudly wear their t-shirt for photo ops with your buds. 

Edited by General Malaise
  • Like 9
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

There are a lot of really important battleground states that Trump needs to win again this November. Have we discussed the efficacy of opening rally season in a state he won by 37 points?

Will this be carried live on Fox News and other stations?  I'm sure the ratings will be decent.  Hell, I might even watch it.

And, of course, there aren't many places that would allow a rally like this to happen.  Only the reddest of states.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...