What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The CHAZ Thread (1 Viewer)

He was just arrested so this was a story today. Before this point he would have been just been lumped in with the “radical left” taking over a city. 

There was escalating violence every night between protestors and cops. There was never going to be a good way this ended.

You continuously point out the homeless problem in Seattle. What would be your solution to do with these 
Wow you found one guy, that broke probation two weeks ago because he left Portland, that isnt part of these radical left "protest" takeover. Congrats?  

Wow you found one guy, that broke probation two weeks ago because he left Portland, that isnt part of these radical left "protest" takeover. Congrats?  
Are you keeping track of all the political motivations and goals of everyone in there? How are you doing this? 

What would have been your solution to thousands of protestors fighting the police every night?

What is your solution for the homeless and drug problem in Seattle?

Are you keeping track of all the political motivations and goals of everyone in there? How are you doing this? 

What would have been your solution to thousands of protestors fighting the police every night?

What is your solution for the homeless and drug problem in Seattle?
No just the ones that make zero sense. It's not that hard, you are really the only one that defies logic lately. Most everyone else has given up defending this dumpster fire. Pun intended. 

Last edited by a moderator:
No just the ones that make zero sense. It's not that hard, you are really the only one that defies logic lately. Most everyone else has given up defending this dumpster fire. Pun intended. 
There are legitimate issues to be discussed with the way the police operate in this city. 

I’m not interested in defending this and think it wasn’t a great decision but there was going to be a very messy end if they kept with the riots every evening. That’s not a good solution either.

These steps stretched it out I believe and best case scenario now is perhaps the people will leave out of frustration, apathy, boredom. Who knows, we’ll see.

Jackasses like the Piss Boys from Portland and these antifa twerps coming in to fight and stir up #### was my main concern when they were going to do this. It doesn’t take many to create a disaster. 

I really think though you don’t have a clue what was going on in there though. Watching some twitter vids wasn’t very representative. It was a bizarre political street fair in the day and at night a bunch of millennial looking kids taking selfies. I’m sure there were some scum bags running in there as well, big cities have scum bags. You ever hang in Pioneer Square after a Seahawks game? 

The General said:
There are legitimate issues to be discussed with the way the police operate in this city. 

I’m not interested in defending this and think it wasn’t a great decision but there was going to be a very messy end if they kept with the riots every evening. That’s not a good solution either.

These steps stretched it out I believe and best case scenario now is perhaps the people will leave out of frustration, apathy, boredom. Who knows, we’ll see.

Jackasses like the Piss Boys from Portland and these antifa twerps coming in to fight and stir up #### was my main concern when they were going to do this. It doesn’t take many to create a disaster. 

I really think though you don’t have a clue what was going on in there though. Watching some twitter vids wasn’t very representative. It was a bizarre political street fair in the day and at night a bunch of millennial looking kids taking selfies. I’m sure there were some scum bags running in there as well, big cities have scum bags. You ever hang in Pioneer Square after a Seahawks game? 
I would say to the people in Chaz that they are on their own.  No more city services like fire dept., police, medical.   Only problem there are people with residences  & businesses so can't do that.   Leadership in Seattle turned this into a crap show.   This is all on their hands.  It's a shame really but when you cave to violent protests, looting, vandalism  & idiots this is what you get.  Did anyone really expect this to turn out good?  Obviously some did as they described it in here as a minor block party, musical party and the like.   Good luck if Seattle de-funds the police.

Just a shameful display all the way around.

What's going to happen with this lawsuit from the local businesses? A legal analyst on Fox said it's going to be a easy case to win and the city/taxpayers will end up footing the bill. 

Are Seattle locals ok with this?

I would say to the people in Chaz that they are on their own.  No more city services like fire dept., police, medical.   Only problem there are people with residences  & businesses so can't do that.   Leadership in Seattle turned this into a crap show.   This is all on their hands.  It's a shame really but when you cave to violent protests, looting, vandalism  & idiots this is what you get.  Did anyone really expect this to turn out good?  Obviously some did as they described it in here as a minor block party, musical party and the like.   Good luck if Seattle de-funds the police.

Just a shameful display all the way around.
This is going to be messy unwinding this. There is an element to the protesters that have been attracted to this area that are no bueno.

"Defunding the police" isn't removing the police is my understanding that vast majority of people have when they are saying "defund the police". 

It's looking at spending money in better, more effective ways. Training police better, putting police in better situations, looking at how police budgets are spent. I'd be very interested in that.

Removing the police entirely, of course no way. 

Police Chief just confirming the two persons shot were in the white SUV, both young black males "teenagers".  One arrived to the hospital dead, the second in critical condition.  Said that by the time that police got to the scene, the car had been gone though, evidence taken and police weren't able to find the normal things they expect to find at crime scene such as this.  No witnesses cooperating. 

The issue is that it's all happening peacefully and without resistance.  It threatens the right's narrative that these are all 'thugs and looters' and so tantrums are being thrown from people hundreds or thousands of miles away because this isn't following their desired path.  They didn't plan for this and it bothers them.  That's the issue.  
just wondering if you still have the same take on the issue?

Getting into friend of a friend territory here but my wife works with a person who lives in an apartment building attached to the police precinct that is in the CHAZ.

She said it is very intense. Loud all day and night long. Did say it was scary initially and now it’s more like a street festival. The area was always filled with partiers but it’s next level now. Definitely not enjoying living there at the moment.

This is a well intentioned thing, probably going to end messy if I had to guess. Hope I’m wrong.
nope, you were right.

How about instead of asking for $100M in funds for illegal immigrants, use that money on your legal citizens.  Pour that money into homeless shelters, mental health programs and safe drug injection sites.  That would be a start.
What a novel idea.  Take care of American citizens first.

If you listed to the mayor of Seattle, CNN and other outlets, what is going on in Seattle is beautiful.
fake news or really what they wanted to happen..   They hoped for idealistic peaceful nirvana without having a reality check.  par for the course.   

I finally made it to this thing today.

Went golfing in the AM and swung by afterwards. It's pretty much a crazy farmer's market is the best way I'd describe it. Most crowded area I have been in since March. Except for the buildings having boards on the windows it was pretty normal honestly. There was a central section (I think) at the main intersection where there was some sort of speech going on that I didn't get super close too. Bunch of people with those pop up tent things giving out info. Yes there was a drum circle.
probably a little different now although I assume the boarded windows are still up.

Would you expect the chief of police to say something different about a no police zone? 
She elaborated that they were African-American victims at a place where they claim to be working for Black Lives Matter but they're gone. They're dead now. And, we've had multiple other incidents -- assaults, rapes, robbery, shootings -- so this is something that's going to need to change.

16 year old DOA.  14 year old still in critical condition with multiple gunshot wounds.  

These idiots are shooting children.  

Did someone just ask me what I thought a black woman police chief was expected to say when two black children are shot to death?  WTF?

Did someone just ask me what I thought a black woman police chief was expected to say when two black children are shot to death?  WTF?
All you did was post that quote with no context.  I didn't think it was surprising that a police chief would say that the no-police zone was not a good idea.   

Whatever.  Probably time to add a 2nd person to my ignore list.  

All you did was post that quote with no context.  I didn't think it was surprising that a police chief would say that the no-police zone was not a good idea.   

Whatever.  Probably time to add a 2nd person to my ignore list.  
Or you could read the thread so you're educated on what is going on.  But yes, rather than quoting me without knowing anything it would be better if you just ignore me along with everything else. 

Now the Democratic leaders are starting to eat each other.  Kshama Sawant has previously asked numerous times for Mayor Durkin to resign for not immediately defunding the police.  Now the Mayor has opened an investigation on Sawant for the following:

Participating (organizing?) a march to go to Durkins private residence.  Her address is protected by state program as a result of threats when she was a US attorney. 

Using office and resources for her tax Amazon campaign that wasn't on the council's list of initiatives.  

Allowing hundreds of protesters into city hall after hours without any Covid precautions. 

Her urging protesters to occupy the police precinct during the time the council was trying to de-escalate the situation.  

Ooof.  I dont like Jenny, but, I hope she takes Kshama down. They would need 2/3rds vote of the city council. 

Now the Democratic leaders are starting to eat each other.  Kshama Sawant has previously asked numerous times for Mayor Durkin to resign for not immediately defunding the police.  Now the Mayor has opened an investigation on Sawant for the following:

Participating (organizing?) a march to go to Durkins private residence.  Her address is protected by state program as a result of threats when she was a US attorney. 

Using office and resources for her tax Amazon campaign that wasn't on the council's list of initiatives.  

Allowing hundreds of protesters into city hall after hours without any Covid precautions. 

Her urging protesters to occupy the police precinct during the time the council was trying to de-escalate the situation.  

Ooof.  I dont like Jenny, but, I hope she takes Kshama down. They would need 2/3rds vote of the city council. 
Common ground! I think Sawant is a lunatic whenever I hear her speak.

Yep, police and swat teams finally clearing out the chop/chaz.  13 arrests so far.  They set up a wide perimeter and shut down a the area in the middle of the night so all the faux protesters wouldn't be able get down there when they wake up in their condos and see the news.  Unannounced element of surprise this morning.  Hopefully the thugs are smart enough to put down the weapons and not shoot a policeman in daylight with plenty of news cameras rolling.  They won't be able to get away with it like they did shooting their own in the dark of night.  Sad that it took the lives of two young men for these weak politicians to learn a valuable lesson.

List of violence and lawlessness from the Mayor's Executive Order:

On June 20.2020, the first of three incidents of firearms violent with multiple victims occurred; 
one individual was shot and killed, and another was shot and seriously injured.
• First responders from the Seattle Fire Department and Seattle Police Department were denied 
safe access to the area by hostile crowds, including armed individuals, and obstructions.
• On June 22, 2020, a second incident involving firearms violence injured two addition 
individuals. On June 26, 2020, SDOT employees attempted to remove a limited number of 
barriers, but unarmed employees were met with hostility and weapons. SDOT could not 
conduct operations.
• Access by first responders to emergencies have been impeded further. On the morning of June 
28, demonstrators moved the concrete barriers to completely restrict access of fire and 
medics on multiple roads. Demonstrators had previously agreed to open these areas to access 
for residents, businesses, city services, and fire.
• On June 29,2020, a juvenile was shot and killed, and another juvenile was seriously injured in 
the immediate vicinity of this area. Evidence indicates that this murder may have been 
committed by individual(s) "occupying" the area.
• On June 30,2020, SDOT removed a limited number of barriers with SPD, but was quickly met 
with agitated opposition to the removal.
• In addition, SPD has received numerous reports of narcotics use and violent crime, including 
rape, robbery, assault, and increased gang activity. An increase of 525%, 22 additional 
incidents, in person-related crime in the area, to include two additional homicides, 6 additional

robberies, and 16 additional aggravated assaults (to include 2 additional non-fatal 
shootings) between June 2nd and June 30*", 2020, compared to the same period of time in 
• Residential and businesses in the area have documented incidents of harassment, graffiti, 
noise disturbances, and obstruction of vehicular traffic to residences and places of business, 
and multiple lawsuits and claims have been filed against the City by residents and businesses 
impacted by the activities in this area.
• Significant damage has been caused by those remaining unlawfully in the area to City 
property, including Cal Anderson Park and the East Precinct facility. The full extent of damage 
to the East Precinct remains an open question until city employees are allowed access to the 
site in order to make that assessment.
• Open fires and vehicles on the reservoir are placing important regional water infrastructure 
located within Cal Anderson at risk.
• An alarming recent rise in COV1D-19 numbers across the region, coupled with a lack of social 
distancing in this area, and the daily attraction to this area of outside individuals place the 
neighborhood at opening businesses at increased risk for outbreaks.
• A pervasive presence of firearms and other weapons has been well-documented.
• Ongoing violations of the Seattle Parks and Recreation's Code of Conduct have been observed, 
including camping and parking in the park, conduct that unreasonably deprives others of the 
use of parks, disrupting Seattle Parks and Recreation business, dumping trash and/or creating 
unsanitary conditions or health hazards that violate public health rules; behaviors that impede 
restroom use; urinating or defecating, except in designated restroom fixtures, blocking 
entrances, exits, fire exits, disabled access areas, public walkways; conduct that creates an 
unreasonable and substantial risk of harm to any person or property; and abusive and 
harassing behavior; and
WHEREAS, significant property damage has been attempted on the East Precinct, to include arson, 
and the extent of damage has not been fully assessed due to lack of access to the building; and
WHEREAS, SPD has observed and is aware of credible threats against other City infrastructure, to 
include the West Precinct, which houses city-wide 911 communications services

Let this sink in and marinate for a few seconds:

On June 29,2020, a juvenile was shot and killed, and another juvenile was seriously injured in 
the immediate vicinity of this area. Evidence indicates that this murder may have been 
committed by individual(s) "occupying" the area.
A protest that started as a cry against police brutality is being forced to an end because the protester's self appointed protectors of the CHAZ shot and murdered a young black teenager. 

BLM, please I beg you, take a long look in the mirror.

How else did anyone think this was going to play out?  A lawless area with out police where the community does the policing...a small sample size of what the country would look like if we got rid of the police, as some extremists are calling for.  

The Seattle Mayor may as well step down after such an egregious lapse in judgement letting this go on for as long as it did.  

It appears they have cleared the area and reclaimed the police station without much incident.  23 arrests by 7:45am, several types of weapons but no firearms reported yet.  Looks like the wider closure worked and they just might have happened to catch the armed thugs while they were outside:

SPD said it was investigating “several vehicles” that were circling the area after officers moved into the CHOP. Police said the vehicles didn’t appear to have visible license plates, and the people inside were seen with “firearms/armor.”

A protest that started as a cry against police brutality is being forced to an end because the protester's self appointed protectors of the CHAZ shot and murdered a young black teenager. 

They won't look in the mirror or care what happened there. They only care about furthering their violent agenda. 

I don't know much about how BLM is organized or the details of the shooting except for that they happened.

Do you have more details?

How else did anyone think this was going to play out?  A lawless area with out police where the community does the policing...a small sample size of what the country would look like if we got rid of the police, as some extremists are calling for.  

The Seattle Mayor may as well step down after such an egregious lapse in judgement letting this go on for as long as it did.  
This was the biggest issue with this for me. 

The protests were settling in this area every night and were out of hand but how was this going to end up with positive results? I'd be surprised if the mayor gets the boot, but also will be surprised if she gets re-elected. Will be interesting to me to see what type of politics the next mayor is. 

In this last election Durkan beat a very, very liberal candidate. 

Turns out, an area run by BLM and Antifa is ACTUALLY even more racist, segregationist, death-squad murderous and anti-immigrant as those they falsely accuse of doing the same thing.

You're right - this is just an example of what life would really be like under these leftist regimes.

I don't know much about how BLM is organized or the details of the shooting except for that they happened.

Do you have more details?
Since when do those pesky "details" have anything to do with blacks being shot by "police"?

Just the fact that "they happened" would be reason enough to riot had it been a police department doing the shooting.

I guess that we simply chalk this up to "black on black" crime and look the other way.

Since when do those pesky "details" have anything to do with blacks being shot by "police"?

Just the fact that "they happened" would be reason enough to riot had it been a police department doing the shooting.

I guess that we simply chalk this up to "black on black" crime and look the other way.
I don’t follow what you are saying or the point you are trying to make. 

That you are equating people shooting each other to a cop murdering a citizen is kind of odd.

SMH.

A police officer does not have to "murder" someone to substantiate a riot.....eg....Michael Brown.

A black person can murder another black person and nobody bats an eye.
49 black people can be shot in Chicago in a single weekend...with 10 of them dying...and nobody bats an eye.
18 black people can be shot and killed in a single day in Chicago....and nobody bats an eye.

Users who are viewing this thread