Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*****Official JaMyCal Hasty SFO RB Thread*****


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, rockaction said:

Was able to mortgage a pick to get some FAAB and picked Hasty back up for a buck after having had dropped him. Even still, the second time I picked him up was before all of this happened (I'd also bid a buck last time). I did it for Mostert insurance, and that might pay dividends soon.

But to the point: his highlights at Baylor look very good as did his runs against a stout LA Rams front. The 49ers hadn't really gone anywhere against them all night, and Hasty ripped off 4 YPC when LA knew he was coming.

Good show. Love to see more of this guy now that Mostert is hurt.

I'm trying not to be Hasty here, considering starting him over Kelly (LAC) this week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

McKinnon owner.  Picked up Hasty BB Waivers for $24  (out of my $140 available equates to 17%) 

We start each year with $100 BB funds but add remaining budget from year before.

With all the "byes / injuries / potential Covid" issues, a 3-4 week value was worth the expense. 

Don't plan to start him this week, but I want to see how the carries are distributed......  you never know what SF RB can do due to scheme & OC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not planning to start him this week unless we hear before the game that he is starting for the 49ers.  That being said, If he is the primary running back and McKinnon the primary receiving back, this could be a good game script week for him as I think 49ers could get ahead and run a lot this week. But the uncertainty of the time share makes it hard to trust him unless you really have no choice. 

Long term dynasty owners may be interested in knowing that McKinnon's contract ends this year so if Hasty shows well he could at minimum assume that pass catching role next year. Mostert's contract ends after 2021.  Point being that this backfield is not locked down into the future.

Hasty himself is playing on a one year contract so if he shows really well he could be an interesting NFL free agent. The downside of leaving SF is that they have good experience using backs and you never know where he may end up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't figure out what to do with Hasty. One of my teams has been decimated at running back (Mostert, Fournette, Ingram).  I currently have Lindsay to start at RB1 and then either Frank Gore or Hasty at my RB2 this week. I'm leaning towards Gore only because Hasty could put up basically a 0 (like Jeff Wilson in his second week). Sigmund is super high on Hasty, but do we think he'll get the Mostert role? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, az_prof said:

Long term dynasty owners may be interested in knowing that McKinnon's contract ends this year so if Hasty shows well he could at minimum assume that pass catching role next year. Mostert's contract ends after 2021.  Point being that this backfield is not locked down into the future.

Hasty himself is playing on a one year contract so if he shows really well he could be an interesting NFL free agent. The downside of leaving SF is that they have good experience using backs and you never know where he may end up.

Good point about McKinnon and Mostert contract situations. I didn’t realize Hasty himself was on a 1-year deal. Have to say it makes sense for him as a 24YO rookie, which really surprised me. 

I got him in one dynasty and missed by $1 in another. Can’t even figure out what to legitimately offer for him either, though his owner isn’t tied to him per se. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2020 at 11:21 AM, Sneegor said:

McKinnon is the back to own right now.  When Mostert was out earlier this year he was used as a 3 down back.  He was rested in the second half last week as the game was in hand.

Why do you say the "game was in hand"?  It was literally within one score of being tied. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The two weeks this season Mostert was out:

 

Week 3

McKinnon - 14 carries, 38 yards 1 TD, 3 receptions, 39 yards, 0 TD

Wilson - 12 carries, 15 yards, 1 TD, 3 receptions, 54 yards, 1 TD

 

Week 4

McKinnon - 14 carries, 54 yards 1 TD, 7 receptions, 43 yards, 0 TD

Wilson - 3 carries, 6 yards, 0 TD, 1 receptions, 13 yards, 0 TD

Edited by Broncobiv
Added receiving stats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


 

Quote

JaMycal Hasty rushed nine times for 56 yards in the 49ers' Week 7 win against the Patriots, adding one catch for 16 yards. 

Hasty, looking as explosive as he did in last week's win against the Rams, gained most of his yards after Jeff Wilson exited with what appeared to be a serious ankle injury. Raheem Mostert and Wilson being out for the 49ers would open up early down opportunity for Hasty next week against the Seahawks. He should be treated as a high-end RB3 in Week 8. 

RELATED: 

Jeff Wilson

Oct 25, 2020, 8:42 PM ET

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sneegor said:

Your post was still flat out wrong.  McKinnon was the workhorse out touching Wilson 2 to 1 when Mostert was out the 2 games earlier this year.  Not sure what happened today but it sounds like Shanahan said he wanted to rest McKinnon this week as he had sore ribs.

Good call, amigo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sneegor said:

Your post was still flat out wrong.  McKinnon was the workhorse out touching Wilson 2 to 1 when Mostert was out the 2 games earlier this year.  Not sure what happened today but it sounds like Shanahan said he wanted to rest McKinnon this week as he had sore ribs.

Hasty looks sensational out there.  Glad I stashed him last week.

Edited by JoeJoe88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Faust said:

JaMycal Hasty rushed nine times for 56 yards in the 49ers' Week 7 win against the Patriots, adding one catch for 16 yards. 

Hasty, looking as explosive as he did in last week's win against the Rams, gained most of his yards after Jeff Wilson exited with what appeared to be a serious ankle injury. Raheem Mostert and Wilson being out for the 49ers would open up early down opportunity for Hasty next week against the Seahawks. He should be treated as a high-end RB3 in Week 8. 

RELATED: 

Jeff Wilson

Oct 25, 2020, 8:42 PM ET

 

Bummer about Wilson's injury - Hasty has his chance now.

I'm hoping to use him for my RB2 next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem is the SF game plan weekly or scheme, you never know who they are rolling with. Would love to know who gets the most reps in practice during the week, that would probably tip Kyle's hand a little more but I never find that info anywhere. 

What would a good outing be for him? He looked explosive and fast and was running with conviction not afraid to grab a hole and go up field quickly. 

12 carries, 3 catches? 15 touches in a split with McKinnon?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, rschroeder1 said:

I know this is hopeless, but how are people feeling about Hasty this week?  I've liked what I've seen so far but am not sure I want to play roulette with Kyle Shanahan...still, the matchup is tasty.

Coleman may get activated off IR this week, but even if he does, I think Hasty is an RB2 week 8. McKinnon doesn't run well between the tackles and is wearing down, while Hasty's vision, patience, and burst should earn him significant touches moving forward. Wilson looked good, but Hasty would have done similar, if not more with those touches. In Waldman's top 10 article, he spent some time talking about Hasty's short and long term prospects--he compared Hasty's cutting ability to that of Ahmad Bradshaw and a young Devonta freeman. This kid clearly belongs on the field and we just have to hope he gets a legitimate opportunity, in spite of Coleman's imminent return. Once again, Shanahan and the SF brass have found another diamond in the rough.

BTW, Mike Reiss, the venerable Patriot beat writer, noted that when you play SF you need to "defend every blade of grass the width of the field." I thought that was an apt assessment of how adept Shanahan is at putting his players in position to excel. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Teezee said:

This man has a Christmas tree on his head. They’re going to have to run, run, run to eat up clock vs. Russ

 

1 hour ago, VikingFrog said:

I don’t even know what that phrase means... BUT I LIKE IT!!! 🎄 

I don’t care what he has on his head as long as we get 15-20 touches on Sunday. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TartanLion said:

I feel like this guy has the chance to grab the mantle with Mostert, and now Wilson, out for a little while. Would put him behind only Chase Edmonds if he’s out there on any wires as well 

I feel like we could have said this about several other RBs in SF this season and they have all fallen to the wayside, why will Hasty be any different? Nobody actually gets fed in San Fran, well Wilson came the closest of anyone we've seen so far. 

And I have Hasty and would love to see it work out but...there's a lot of names coming and going from this pile...Mostert OUT, Coleman not sure, McKinnon but the coaches are afraid to use him, saving him for who knows....Wilson looked solid...who am I missing here?

Edited by Ministry of Pain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2020 at 1:49 PM, JFS171 said:

Good point about McKinnon and Mostert contract situations. I didn’t realize Hasty himself was on a 1-year deal. Have to say it makes sense for him as a 24YO rookie, which really surprised me. 

I got him in one dynasty and missed by $1 in another. Can’t even figure out what to legitimately offer for him either, though his owner isn’t tied to him per se. 

I think I overvalued this 1-year deal thing for Hasty. 49ers control his rights for his first three years In the league, so even though he doesn’t have a 2021 contract yet, he’ll be an Exlusive Rights FA meaning his options are play for the 49ers or sit out entirely. Mostert probably has a majority chunk of the gig for 2021 when healthy, though Hasty could push for that McKinnon type role. 

By the time he has a chance at the full time gig himself (let’s say post-Mostert in 2022), he’ll already be 26 and possibly competing with any number of other RBs as is the Shanahan way it seems. 

All to say I overvalued his opportunity to show out and land elsewhere if SF wants Mostert to be the guy as it appears they do. He’s there through 2022 at least. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, FGITLOTR said:

Any word on Coleman's status for this week? Bramel thinks it's a long shot and he's prob looking at next week. 

Perfect timing for those (me) that need him (Hasty) next week due to byes. If he performs well this week on my bench and then Coleman comes back I’ll be confused. Unless someone pops on waivers next week I’m looking forced to start him anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wondering how long Hasty will be the lead back in SF. What's the return from injury timetable for the other SF RBs?

 

Coleman - week to week? 

Wilson - on IR, so can return week 11 at the earliest? 

Mostert - on IR, can return when? I'm sure he'll be the lead back again once he's ready. 

Then there's McKinnon who doesn't seem to have much left in the tank with his rest-needy legs, so shouldn't be much of a threat to Hasty. 

Thoughts? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Broncobiv said:

Wondering how long Hasty will be the lead back in SF. What's the return from injury timetable for the other SF RBs?

 

Coleman - week to week? 

Wilson - on IR, so can return week 11 at the earliest? 

Mostert - on IR, can return when? I'm sure he'll be the lead back again once he's ready. 

Then there's McKinnon who doesn't seem to have much left in the tank with his rest-needy legs, so shouldn't be much of a threat to Hasty. 

Thoughts? 

Short term value the next two weeks. I think he's a great start tomorrow night, but he's back to the bench after the week 11 bye. Mostert will be back by then, as will Coleman and McKinnon in his normal role. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

With Coleman officially out, is this actually the week to start Hasty? Wanted to squeeze him in last week but couldn't justify it, and that ended up working out in my favor. Better luck this week?

I think I am. I started him last week in one league, this week I think I'll double dip with another. GB got gashed against the run vs. Minnesota, though Dalvin is a different type of player for sure. But I think they give up a lot of points to RBs.

We shall see. 

eta* The only thing that worries me is stacked boxes with Mullens at the helm.

Edited by rockaction
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I think I am. I started him last week in one league, this week I think I'll double dip with another. GB got gashed against the run vs. Minnesota, though Dalvin is a different type of player for sure. But I think they give up a lot of points to RBs.

We shall see. 

eta* The only thing that worries me is stacked boxes with Mullens at the helm.

No Kittle either.  Does Shanny trust Hasty to run routes?.. Can McKinnon play enough snaps?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I need 2 out of 3 RB's from tonight's game- Aaron Jones, Hasty, and Jet. I hope Jones is active so I don't end up playing both SF RB's. Even though in a PPR, I feel much better about Hasty. With the passing game playing all deep reserves I think Shanny will try use their high rated run scheme vs the weak GB run D even if they are down some. Jet may also be used as a slot receiver but Hasty should get the ground volume.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Considering the mess on offense I’m benching Hasty for a WR in my flex spot. Packers run D isn’t great but I expect a lot of 3-and-outs.

I may start Dexter Williams as a dart throw flex in another league though. 

This is my concern as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t describe the Packers run D as “not great” but rather “atrocious.”  

Per the Harris Index, which is a statistically-driven view of how teams have performed vs a certain position (you can read more about it at the link), Green Bay is a flashing green go sign allowing a whopping 9 fantasy points above average to the RB position. That’s worst in football, and as it’s a measure of fantasy points, it includes receptions and rushing and such. 

Hasty’s matchup can’t get any better, in other words, and Shanahan is a scheming genius when it comes to the running game. Mullens actually looked better than JG late in that game last week (maybe JG was already hurting), so despite the injuries and COVID-list, I actually think SF can move the ball, and will likely do so with a heavy dose of Hasty. 

Least competition faced for touches? Check 

Matchup? Check

I’m all-in for this one. Hasty starting in multiple leagues. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...