What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Talk On The Premium Footballguys Subscriptions... (1 Viewer)

Did You Purchase The Footballguys Season Long Pro, DFS Pro or All Pro Subscriptions Last Year?

• Yes. I purchased in 2019.

Votes: 158 64.2%
  • No. But I purchased in other years before 2019.

Votes: 58 23.6%
  • No. I've never purchased.

Votes: 30 12.2%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Purely curious question on my part here.

The question came up recently asking how many Shark Pool posters bought subscriptions for the Footballguys Premium content. I'm not sure so I thought I'd ask here.

What we offer.

I'm also interested in two more things.

1. For the people that do buy the Premium Subscription, how can we better serve you with it?

2. For the people that don't buy the Premium Subscription, can you share reasons why not? And what we could do that might make it worth buying?

I of course want honest feedback but could I please ask that we keep the comments constructive?

I get it that some people just don't like us or don't like the way the board is moderated. If that's the case, there isn't much we can do there. But I'd very much like to hear how we can better serve people. 

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've paid for the subscription every year, but last year I did the open a draftkings account and deposit $10 or $20 and and you get a free fbg subscription deal. Love the message boards, and the content, although I find I use it less each year. League dominator and draft dominator are great tools, and the contests, really appreciate those and all you guys do.

Purchased annually for a long time - decade maybe?  Love the season long contest, almost reason enough to join frankly.  Also though, appreciate your projections and rankings and MyFBG has long been a tool in my toolkit.  Dan Hindery's monthly Dynasty trade charts have also become invaluable tools for me.

I'm a pretty low maintenance dude so the only constructive feedback i'd give is that I would like to see more frequent updates to some of the dynasty rankings throughout the offseason - maybe at key points like pre-post FA, the draft, etc...

Thanks for asking Joe.

I have been here for the whole ride and have subscribed every year. 

I don’t know if I will this year because I am not sure how much of the NFL season will happen. 

I am surprised others have not raised the subject prior to now. 

Purchased many years in a row, mainly for the season long contest and playoff contest, but also use the weekly projections sometimes.

Constructive criticism, change the playoff cut lines as a percentage of teams cut each week rather than a flat number. This years playoffs was pretty ridiculous and unfun after number of entries was less than the first week’s cut line.

The question came up recently asking how many Shark Pool posters bought subscriptions for the Footballguys Premium content. I'm not sure so I thought I'd ask here.

What we offer.

1. For the people that do buy the Premium Subscription, how can we better serve you with it?

2. For the people that don't buy the Premium Subscription, can you share reasons why not? And what we could do that might make it worth buying?

I of course want honest feedback but could I please ask that we keep the comments constructive?

I get it that some people just don't like us or don't like the way the board is moderated. If that's the case, there isn't much we can do there. But I'd very much like to hear how we can better serve people. 

1.  I have had a subscription for as long as I can remeber and have generally been pleased.  I started when I got I into IDP and your coverage was very good compared to what else is out there. 

I am probably not going to renew this year because your IDP coverage has continued to diminish over the past 4 or 5 years.  There doesn't seem to be any value added to what I can research for free.  In addition other sites have surpassed your information so I believe my money is better spent elsewhere.

2.  Better IDP coverage is what i am looking for.  On the bright side the IDP forum of this board has a lot of quality posters and the info there typically surpasses the info behind the paywall.

1.  I have had a subscription for as long as I can remeber and have generally been pleased.  I started when I got I into IDP and your coverage was very good compared to what else is out there. 

I am probably not going to renew this year because your IDP coverage has continued to diminish over the past 4 or 5 years.  There doesn't seem to be any value added to what I can research for free.  In addition other sites have surpassed your information so I believe my money is better spent elsewhere.

2.  Better IDP coverage is what i am looking for.  On the bright side the IDP forum of this board has a lot of quality posters and the info there typically surpasses the info behind the paywall.
All this, except I will renew for the contest. 

The IDP coverage was sorely lacking and the MyFBG tool just wasn't carrying the weight of the subscription.  It's been a few years but I recall being a big fan of the prior MyFBG page and the way I could customize it for my leagues but the changeover was a disaster and the functionality wasn't what I was looking for.  That we cannot (could not?) get players designated by the position the league host provides (DE vs. DT for example) is pretty mind-boggling because this should be able to be taken right from their API.  I gave an example of a guy that MFL had at DE but MyFBG had at LB.  This caused all the reports to miss him.  I was told that John Norton would individually decide position designations.  With all due respect, Norton's interpretation doesn't help me, MFL's does.  A tool that doesn't match my league host isn't a tool, it's a web page.  It was just another pull of the rope in the "not caring about IDP" death knell.

What we offer.

Have been a faithful yearly subscriber for so long I cannot remember when I started. When DFS started spinning up and the subscriptions split into season vs DFS, went season as DFS is illegal in my state.

I'd say there was a dip in quality and quantity when that split occurred, and the first year there seemed to be more emphasis on DFS (timeliness, robustness, and breadth of content for season dropped, etc.). I don't know if there was a shift back or I just adjusted back to the norm, but I found that the subscription was still well worth it.

Over the last year or two, I am not sure it's worth the value you charge ($40) for a few reasons:

•  the rise of fantasy news and apps diminishes what I used to get from the subscription -- both in terms of timeliness and insight. I still believe FBGs are the best in the business, but you get more timely alerts from both general SM sites (twitter, reddit), free specialty FF apps, and even the long tenured seasoned FBG staff have their own SM outlets. Simply diminishes the value of a $40 subscription.
  • You still need to pay for a mobile app like draft dominator. That's annoying to me -- should be included in the sub at that price, IMO.
  • This may be due to the need to scale the business, but I find the quality of insight has slightly suffered as more and more contributors have come on. I will say I appreciate the diversity, and it's a tough needle to thread, but one of the differentiation points for FBG has always been the quality of the content. If that starts to slip, you lose the most prominent competitive edges your site has. Used to be I knew that no matter what, I'd be better armed with fantastic and timely info, opinion, and guidance than anyone else who wasn't a subscriber. Now, not sure the spread is that large, or as meaningful.
  • As others have mentioned above, the pages and tools are still a little clunky -- functionality, customization, personalization, UX, and optimization can certainly improve. In this day an age of rapid technological innovation, FBG risks falling more quickly behind competitors.
  • In this age of uncertainty, I don't know if I will get a subscription. But your refund policy if the season is called off was fantastic. 
Again, I have a strong affinity for this site, its staff, and the content. Been here since old yeller and wouldn't have it any other way. So take the above as it's meant to be -- constructive criticism. Hope it helps, and thanks for asking for input.

Thanks, Joe, for all you and the rest of FBGs does. You and the rest of the staff (including those who oversee the apps) have always been responsive, and you hold a high bar for customer service in my experience. 

What we offer.

The Bolded Price for me. I'm also not a huge huge fantasy player. I do it because it's fun and a lot of leagues I compete in are free. 

If I were subscribing the only things I'd like is a pre draft rankings, Waiver rankings each week, Sit/start advice, trade advice on who to trade or not and who to drop for a waiver pick up. I belong to a free keeper league right now so advice on who to keep as a keeper, and draft pick trading would also warrant me. 

Do you guys do free trials or maybe for people like myself create a lite version of this that doesn't offer everything for a decent price? 

I have never purchased the premium content because I no longer play fantasy football.  Haven't since the early 2000's.  But I lurk here on the Shark Pool mostly looking for discussion about my beloved Patriots.  

Long time subscriber.  I will probably keep paying if nothing else just for the contest. Unfortunately,  I find myself using the other stuff less and less.  

One area that could really help is if the projections you put out on Wednesday were better.  It usually seems like those are just generic based on the defense the player sees. As the week goes on they change quite a bit. Makes sense that they would change some,  but often it's a lot.  

I voted no by accident bc misunderstood the question 

But I used a well known site for years and switched last year and thought the content here was better in quantity and quality by a good margin

Incidentally I found the forums first  so can’t say the  forums never made you any money;)

ETA: re-reading my post wanted to make sure my phrasing was clear.

I used to be a paid subscriber, probably for 5 or 6 years, maybe more, but the majority of my fantasy football leagues are dynasty and the focus here a few years back was well over 90% DFS and redraft, very limited dynasty material was available and the rankings were never really kept up or minimal effort was put in.  I know it’s better now but there are a number of sites that focus 100% on dynasty and I’ve been a paid subscriber to one of those for a while now.  If you had a subscription service only for your dynasty content, I’d would probably be a paid subscriber to that, as long as the rankings being up to date was a priority.

Subscriber for 10 years.  MYFBG Classic and Classic DD are pretty much 95% of what I use the site for and will probably continue to do so just for those two features.

DJackson10 said:
Do you guys do free trials or maybe for people like myself create a lite version of this that doesn't offer everything for a decent price? 
Absolutely. Most everything we do for preseason is available right now for free. The pay wall will go up next month. So you effectively get a 10 week free trail starting in May. We want people to be able to see exactly what they're going to be getting. 

I used to be a paid subscriber, probably for 5 or 6 years, maybe more, but the majority of my fantasy football leagues are dynasty and the focus here a few years back was well over 90% DFS and redraft, very limited dynasty material was available and the rankings were never really kept up or minimal effort was put in.  I know it’s better now but there are a number of sites that focus 100% on dynasty and I’ve been a paid subscriber to one of those for a while now.  If you had a subscription service only for your dynasty content, I’d would probably be a paid subscriber to that, as long as the rankings being up to date was a priority.
Thanks. Thanks for noticing the effort we put towards dynasty. We're doing even more this year. Dan Hindery's Value Charts have been hugely popular. https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=2020-dynasty-trade-value-chart-june And we started a new podcast just for Dynasty that Chad Parsons and Jordan McNamara are hosting. You can see episodes here on the podcast page with our other podcasts. https://subscribers.footballguys.com/podcast/

Have subscribed for as long as I can remember. Have been in the forums since Old Yeller days. If there was a subscription then, that's how long I have been subscribing. I have been here long enough that I don't see myself leaving FBG.

That said, from my perspective, the value of the subscription has dropped over time, even as its price has increased. For a few reasons:

1. The focus placed on DFS took away from the traditional content. I don't care about DFS, so that was a negative event for me. I understand this was a business decision, and I hope it paid off to offset the negative caused for many subscribers.
  2. The original/classic Draft Dominator and MyFBG were amazing tools, and I still use them. It is a negative to me that they have been largely ignored in favor of mobile app versions that IMO are clunky and undesirable. I understand this was a business decision, and I hope it paid off to offset the negative caused for many subscribers.
  3. At FBG's peak, it was common to interact with a lot of FBG staff in the forums. Guys like @David Dodds@Sigmund Bloom@Doug Drinen, @Chase Stuart, @Maurile Tremblay, @Bruce Hammond, @Adam Harstad, and @Jason Wood. It is rare to see any of them post in the Shark Pool any more. I know the Shark Pool is not officially part of the subscription, but it adds huge value to subscribers, many of whom frequent the SP. I realize that people get older, lives change, etc. But I can't help but feel some of it occurred due to FBG expansion and expansion of staff responsibilities. Every time I get a FBG survey, I comment on this, but it hasn't changed in years.
  4. When I found FBG, there really wasn't any quality competition to speak of. Now there is a lot. That has eroded whatever quality advantage FBG offered. Over time, it has felt to me like FBG has shifted to caring more about volume of content than quality of content, and there is no doubt some places offer content that is of similar or better quality, in some cases for free.

When I found FBG, there really wasn't any quality competition to speak of. Now there is a lot. That has eroded whatever quality advantage FBG offered. Over time, it has felt to me like FBG has shifted to caring more about volume of content than quality of content, and there is no doubt some places offer content that is of similar or better quality, in some cases for free.
I feel the same way, and based on above comments, it seems others do as well. The quality of the work is not differentiated anymore.

Been with FBG since it was cheatsheets. The issue I’ve seen is FBG was started in the redraft days and hasn’t evolved as quickly or as much as other sites. I’m not renewing this year as I have found better value for what I need at other sites for the same or similar cost. 

The big jump to daily was a negative but, as Just Win said, I hope the revenue offset the negatives. 

IDP and Dynasty are afterthoughts, which is the biggest issue

Lineup Dominator was okay to use but refreshing the synch was a pretty big pain. It got to the point where I had to refresh every league each time I logged in (why can’t this be automatic?) and then I’d have to click to a different page and back to my rosters to see the new synched rosters. Seemed clunky so I stopped using it midway through the year. Especially when you have multiple leagues, this was a big pain, and again it seems like this could have been an automatic feature to synch up during the loading/opening process. 

Content can be tardy. There were numerous times the WW report was out late and came out only just prior to waivers running. That seems to be a consistent issue that always gets a shrug from FBGs and a “things are always out at the same time every week” response, but it happens often enough for threads to be created. This always seems to happen around week 9 or 10.

I can see the negatives of abandoning the classic draft dominator in favor of an app. It took a learning curve but I like it better than the desktop version. Now that I am strictly dynasty, this feature does not interest me. It would be nice if FBGs came out with a dynasty start up version and one for rookie drafts. Rookie drafts can’t be too hard especially with how easy it is to import rosters. But then that would mean hiring staff with a focus on dynasty. 

The contest is probably enough to keep most forum people coming back every year. 

For me, as a dynasty player, the offseason content is lacking, which goes back to the dynasty focus being minimal. A podcast is nice, but it would be better if it were its own podcast so I didn’t have to sift through the other episodes that I don’t find too beneficial. Hinderlys chart is okay but it is updated monthly, and values can change at a faster pace than 4 weeks. Just seems like dynasty players are being thrown enough crumbs to keep them coming back for the contest.

Content can be tardy. There were numerous times the WW report was out late and came out only just prior to waivers running. That seems to be a consistent issue that always gets a shrug from FBGs and a “things are always out at the same time every week” response, but it happens often enough for threads to be created. This always seems to happen around week 9 or 10.
Hi @Johnny B. Goode  Can you let me know exactly what features you're talking about you felt were tardy and which weeks? We had an issue with this about 4 years ago and put a ton of effort / time / money towards and I thought we'd solve this. If we haven't, I definitely want to address it. Can you point me towards someone from Footballguys that always is a shrug and a “things are always out at the same time every week” response? I definitely don't want that. Please point me to the specific issue you mean so we can fix exactly what you're seeing. Thanks. 

Been with you since late 90's when it was Cheatsheets.  I have subscribed every year since I found Footballguys and have purchased the mobile apps and digital magazine.  

One thing I wish you would bring back is the multi-year subscription.  Obviously, I am coming back after being a member for over 20 years.

I would agree that some of the information is not coming out as fast as it used too but understand as you are offering more detailed information also.  My primary concern is the updated information for league dominator to look at along with information provided for waivers.  In some leagues, we do waivers Tuesday night now and sometimes I feel I may not have enough information to make the right choice.

The training camp reports are great and the detailed stats throughout the season are also very useful.  I like seeing the breakdowns of the targets and snap counts, etc..

Footballguys offers top quality and that is why I keep coming back year, after year. 

Subscribed for a long time. Didn't subscribe in 18 ot 19. Unsure if I will start again this year, leaning towards no. 

Long time subscriber here too. 

Pros- The 2 contests are worth the price of admission, even if there wasn't tons of other content. I spend about 2 hours a week easy on just site content in-season, so other benefits include the myfbg portion with 5 second primer to help if wavering on a particular matchup start. I love the matchup analasys in the league dominator. Dynasty content has gotten better last 2 years and rankings seem to be more often updated now.  

Cons - IDP content is pretty low on the totem pole and it literally can be a league winner for many. I think if more updates were done quicker in-season especially with weekly articles coming out earlier in the week nearer waiver runs it could be the difference in scooping that weekly play or even a gem that is set to breakout. (The articles themselves are awesome and really have some great info, just need them Tues if possible.)

Overall I still advocate Subscription as it has helped me win more often than losing. But not to my leaguemates of course...lol! 

Long time subscriber here too. 

Pros- The 2 contests are worth the price of admission, even if there wasn't tons of other content. I spend about 2 hours a week easy on just site content in-season, so other benefits include the myfbg portion with 5 second primer to help if wavering on a particular matchup start. I love the matchup analasys in the league dominator. Dynasty content has gotten better last 2 years and rankings seem to be more often updated now.  

Cons - IDP content is pretty low on the totem pole and it literally can be a league winner for many. I think if more updates were done quicker in-season especially with weekly articles coming out earlier in the week nearer waiver runs it could be the difference in scooping that weekly play or even a gem that is set to breakout. (The articles themselves are awesome and really have some great info, just need them Tues if possible.)

Overall I still advocate Subscription as it has helped me win more often than losing. But not to my leaguemates of course...lol! 
This.  However the IDP articles were not always awesome.  Last year I found the sleeper article was typically just a rehash of the players that did well the week before.  It always seemed to be a week late so to speak.  

There was more just consolidating of stats fro. The previous week rather than any insightful commentary on why they may have had a good week or why they should have a good upcoming week.  It was just a summary of the box score with no meaningful input with the stats.

As said previously, there was a lot more meaningful "content" in the IDP forum than we received for the paid subscription.  This was VERY disappointing.

Subscribed for a long time. Didn't subscribe in 18 ot 19. Unsure if I will start again this year, leaning towards no. 
To elaborate on this. 

Took a break from being active at footballguys in Octoberish  2018 until recently. Wasn't sure if I would ever be active again so I didn't subscribe.

The reason I am leaning towards not subscribing is because my household has had some very good fantasy years recently without subscribing. The reason I am considering it is because of the regular season subscriber contest and the ffpc discount. 

I have never found another football site that provides a better value. To be fair I didn't really look much either. 

Things I would like to see, but they may not be possible or it maybe offered already and I just don't know where to look. Better help with the apps/services. For example, a few years ago I tried to use the draft dominator, but got confused and it honestly felt like I was putting in more work then the benefit I was receiving. I would like to be able to customize a trade analyzer. I like to play in several different type of leagues. Things of this nature. 

Hi @Johnny B. Goode   I checked with Sigmund Bloom that creates the WW report each week and Clayton Gray who manages the content and both confirmed we were never late on any week last year with the WW Report. This is very important to me as like I said, several years ago we were late a couple of times and we made a focused effort to fix that problem and we did. 

Do you have the specific feature you are thinking of? And if anyone from FBG ever gave you the shrug  “things are always out at the same time every week” response, can you please forward to me? This is an important thing to me. 

To elaborate on this. 

Took a break from being active at footballguys in Octoberish  2018 until recently. Wasn't sure if I would ever be active again so I didn't subscribe.

The reason I am leaning towards not subscribing is because my household has had some very good fantasy years recently without subscribing. The reason I am considering it is because of the regular season subscriber contest and the ffpc discount. 

I have never found another football site that provides a better value. To be fair I didn't really look much either. 

Things I would like to see, but they may not be possible or it maybe offered already and I just don't know where to look. Better help with the apps/services. For example, a few years ago I tried to use the draft dominator, but got confused and it honestly felt like I was putting in more work then the benefit I was receiving. I would like to be able to customize a trade analyzer. I like to play in several different type of leagues. Things of this nature. 
Thanks a ton @msudaisy26  I appreciate the added insight. And I'm with you 100% on making the apps more user friendly. I had similar feelings and our Simon Shepherd spent a significant focus this offseason in making onboarding much more intuitive. And we're doing a completely new and redone article series on how to best use the apps. The challenge for us, is we want to make an app that is powerful to handle the often complex situations users need (like many in the Shark Pool) but also make it accessible for everyone. It's a challenge but I think we made big strides with this this year. 

@Joe Bryant, last year the draft dominator was included in the subscription price, was that just a one time incentive and this year back to being a separate purchase? 

I already subscribed for this upcoming year. I enjoy the content that is produced.

@Joe Bryant, last year the draft dominator was included in the subscription price, was that just a one time incentive and this year back to being a separate purchase? 

I already subscribed for this upcoming year. I enjoy the content that is produced.
Hi @eagles57  Yes, last year we tried something new with a free version of the Mobile Draft Dominator app and then an upgrade. We failed there and couldn't get enough upgrades to make it work financially for us. So for this year, we're back to how it had been every year before 2019 where the mobile app is separate from the Season Long Pro and All Pro subscription.

To make up for it, we upgraded the Draft Dominator Online that is included with the Season Long Pro and All Pro subscription. It's the exact same functionality as the mobile app with the advantage of being able to use it on the bigger screen. 

I have subscribed the past few years.  I plan to subscribe this year.  I value the player and strategy articles, especially in the off-season, pre-season time.

I do want to echo that the IDP content is lacking.  I feel that the rankings are often all over the place compared to several of the other websites.  

Hi @Johnny B. Goode   I checked with Sigmund Bloom that creates the WW report each week and Clayton Gray who manages the content and both confirmed we were never late on any week last year with the WW Report. This is very important to me as like I said, several years ago we were late a couple of times and we made a focused effort to fix that problem and we did. 

Do you have the specific feature you are thinking of? And if anyone from FBG ever gave you the shrug  “things are always out at the same time every week” response, can you please forward to me? This is an important thing to me. 
This may be true for the offensive side but it seems like the IDP side articles were always later in the week and usually after waivers for my leagues.  I believe others had the same issue as well.

This may be true for the offensive side but it seems like the IDP side articles were always later in the week and usually after waivers for my leagues.  I believe others had the same issue as well.
Thanks Gally. If you can specifically let me know which articles and when they were late, I'll look for sure.

And let's be super clear too, an article that is posted later than it's promised is a very different thing than our promised time being later than people want. 

If we miss a deadline, that's on us. I could be wrong, but I don't think we're missing deadlines. For sure we did not miss them on the WW report from Sigmund. If we promise a feature on Tuesday and post it Tuesday, that's a very different thing from someone wanting a feature on Monday that we've promised on Tuesday.

We take the accusations of missing a deadline very seriously. If we're doing that, I absolutely want to address it. But I need your help in exactly what feature you're talking about and when you think we missed our deadline. Thanks. We definitely don't want to miss deadlines. 

Thanks Gally. If you can specifically let me know which articles and when they were late, I'll look for sure.

And let's be super clear too, an article that is posted later than it's promised is a very different thing than our promised time being later than people want. 

If we miss a deadline, that's on us. I could be wrong, but I don't think we're missing deadlines. For sure we did not miss them on the WW report from Sigmund. If we promise a feature on Tuesday and post it Tuesday, that's a very different thing from someone wanting a feature on Monday that we've promised on Tuesday.

We take the accusations of missing a deadline very seriously. If we're doing that, I absolutely want to address it. But I need your help in exactly what feature you're talking about and when you think we missed our deadline. Thanks. We definitely don't want to miss deadlines. 
I totally understand the difference and I think the main complaint from the IDP community (on this message board IDP forum) was that the deadlines were past when they were useful.  So I think there is a request from the community that the articles are posted sooner than your deadlines so the info is most meaningful.   It kind of goes along with much of the complaints about the IDP side being forgotten and not an priority.  It's really the biggest issue I have noticed.  

I will go back and see if I can find some specific article examples for you.

I totally understand the difference and I think the main complaint from the IDP community (on this message board IDP forum) was that the deadlines were past when they were useful.  So I think there is a request from the community that the articles are posted sooner than your deadlines so the info is most meaningful.   It kind of goes along with much of the complaints about the IDP side being forgotten and not an priority.  It's really the biggest issue I have noticed.  

I will go back and see if I can find some specific article examples for you.
Thanks. If you can let me know specifically what you're referencing, that will help me a ton. Thanks. 

And if we need to change the deadlines, that's something we can talk about. 

I just want us to be clear on what we need to address. If it's missing promised deadlines, that's a drastically different discussion than what times / days things are released.

Thanks for the help. 

I subscribe every year. I play in two long time friends and family keeper leagues. I only subscribe here because I want the staff weekly rankings and the waiver reports. I do enjoy the contest but that’s just a plus. I highly enjoy the Stark Pool and want to pay FBGs so they never have to close it. 
There is so much content out there that no one really needs to pay for any of this info, except expertise I trust like your staff. I love how I get early, staff and late or second opinions. 
I also love your emails. 

If there was one thing I’d improve is the look of the paid “pro page” etc. Design wise it’s boring. I’d switch it up once in awhile too. 

I appreciate the attitude of FBGs. I’ll mostly stick because of that and the Shark Pool. 

Thanks. If you can let me know specifically what you're referencing, that will help me a ton. Thanks. 

And if we need to change the deadlines, that's something we can talk about. 

I just want us to be clear on what we need to address. If it's missing promised deadlines, that's a drastically different discussion than what times / days things are released.

Thanks for the help. 
The IDP Sleepers article came out on Thursdays and most waivers run Wednesdays.  This is an example of an article that could benefit the readers if it was published earlier in the week to help with waiver selections.  It also looks like the Eyes of the Guru was slated for Thursday's based on what I can find from the dates on the September articles.  My waivers run Wednesday night and I know I wasn't able to use the Sleepers and Guru articles at various times last year because they came out after my waiver run.    After looking at the dates it looks like these two articles bounced from Wednesdays and Thursdays as the year went on.  I am not sure when you actual deadline was but Wednesdays would be much better use due to waiver situations.  

I hope this helps.  

I have subscribed for the past few years and I probably will again this year, mainly because I enjoy the contest and feel like you should get something for tolerating me on the forums. The articles are nice, but by week 4-5 once the starting line up is beginning to lock down I find that I am barely reading them and often I am forgetting to check them for weeks at a time. Preseason the articles are a little more valuable, mainly to refresh my memory on what happened last year. There is such a glut of fantasy football information currently that there is nothing that unique to the paid content vs free content on tons of other sites IMO. When I do get stuck on a sit/start question there is never any advice that is so profound that it helps me make a decision, they are always projected fairly close together and I am like "well, I know that, otherwise I would not be looking around for advice". By profound I mean something beyond what myself, a non-sports writer would come up with. Granted, some players are completely interchangeable within weeks, but at that point they could probably save time and just have tier lists rather than project one player to get 8.8 and another to get 8.7.

One thing I think would be interesting is if there was some sort of "which writer is hot" tracking, both for drafting and sit/start decisions. I assume it would mainly be a bell curve where some get lucky and are making a bunch of correct picks, some are unlucky where they make a bunch of picks that are probably reasonable but they don't pan out I have never been higher on a player than Steve Slaton in 2009, and most are somewhere in-between. One of my pet peeves it that for however much confidence writers have when talking about mock drafts or sit/starts for the week, there is rarely year long to multi-year long retrospective analysis to see who is actually better than random chance at either of those things. I am not talking specifically about FBG writers, but across all sites. I assume this would be prohibitively labor intensive, especially if it pulls data in from writers on other major sites. I wouldn't want to turn it into a competition or have anyone feel bad for being near the bottom (since someone will always be last), purely just for the large data set. 

It is also very likely I am not using all of the tools optimally. 

What I like about the subscription, in no particular order:

• Draft Dominator (the classic, still getting use to the new version)
  • The weekly upgrade/downgrade article is always my go to and the only article i read religiously through the season.
  • The new MyFBG app, which saved my season a few times when I got too busy to read up on the news
  • Subscriber contest
I don't think I've had too many complaints about the content throughout the times I subscribed and I started doing so to support the site and the crew more so than content. I think all of the content, though, or actually the way the content is presented on this site needs an update. I know you guys are trying to keep development in house to keep cost down. The new MyFBG is a good step in the right direction imo, so looking forward to more of that type of new dev. Us statheads need more cool apps.

The IDP Sleepers article came out on Thursdays and most waivers run Wednesdays.  This is an example of an article that could benefit the readers if it was published earlier in the week to help with waiver selections.  It also looks like the Eyes of the Guru was slated for Thursday's based on what I can find from the dates on the September articles.  My waivers run Wednesday night and I know I wasn't able to use the Sleepers and Guru articles at various times last year because they came out after my waiver run.    After looking at the dates it looks like these two articles bounced from Wednesdays and Thursdays as the year went on.  I am not sure when you actual deadline was but Wednesdays would be much better use due to waiver situations.  

I hope this helps.  
Thanks. Moving up the date an article is published is absolutely a conversation we can have. I don't know if it's possible but it's something to talk about. That's massively different than being accused of regularly being tardy with an article and even worse, accusing us of shrugging it off like johnybgood did. Thanks for the clarification.

It's always a balance between time and quality on when things come out. We could create a waiver wire article Monday morning. And the quality would be terrible with so much unknown. We could create a waiver wire article Saturday night, and the quality would be great but the value would be nearly useless as waivers had already run. We'll try to look at that balance. 

I have been a member since 2003 and enjoy the site.  I do not do IDP or daily, just dynasty style leagues.  My last purchase was back in 2018 for a 3 year plan "All Pro" and my subscription ends on 3/1/21.  As of now, I am not sure about where I will do things next year. Since things have changed, I will not subscribe to the "All Pro" entry, but go "Season Long Pro"...  

I have been successful with my years using this site for initial and weekly insights, along with the conversations on the forums.  For the most part, I am use to my routine and the information distribution of this site. 

My concerns are few, but annoying.  Like recently, MyFBG... syncing leagues were not working correctly during the season spring time when the rookies were added, and being a dynasty player, most of the leagues I am in do their drafts about a week after the NFL draft... Now, syncing leagues seem to be okay, however, they are not connecting to the pre-season player projections and dynasty rankings reports.  This has been happening now for over 2 weeks that I am aware of.  Also, with reviewing of the trade analysis, I think it is way off especially on value of players... Example:  D Hopkins, Godwin... for... M. Evans, Prescott, D Jones... The value is way out of whack... and the team with the QBs has Prescott, Jones and Carr.  The deal makes no sense.  So, to me this function serves no purpose.

again, overall, I am very happy with most of the content and the timing of things.   I do think the cost is high, thus I will be looking around a bit.  

Voted no that I didn’t buy last year but it was due to being on the beta team.  Fully plan on it for this year.  
Also on a side note I have already purchased the DD for this year. Outstanding deal.  

There were some rankings that were completely outdated. Player is named out on Monday but still on rankings until later in the week. I recall a thread discussing how Dalvin Cook could be the 5th or 6th RB for the week but was declared out Monday or Sunday evening for the following week. 

The specific article I am referencing late is the WW report. If it says it’s out on Tuesday, sure technically you are correct when it goes live on the site with a few hours left in Tuesday... I guess I would expect things to be done and on the site when most people are still awake, but maybe whoever writes or publishes operates one a western time zone or Hawaii or something. I recall seeing threads of people complaining of waivers processing at midnight and 9 or 10pm still not having the article. Just come into the forums on a Tuesday evening sometime after week 10 and you’re bound to see one thread. Since I can’t find an example in the search function will digress. It’s not worth any more of my time to look. 

As far as who has said they were all on time and shrugged it off, I went back looking at threads and couldn’t find it an example. I won’t put words in anyone’s mouths so I’ll retract that for now

Wait I think I entered the wrong reply, I'm a yearly subscriber, I've been purchasing every year since (hm long time).

I can say I never won a championship (came close) but then finally after signing up here did and several after I started. I'm not sure if it's the content or it just signified that I was taking it more seriously or analytically. At any rate I enjoy the writing. 

What usually happens is there's an article I want to read.... and I just buy the whole thing. Happens every year. - I'm not real sure I will do FF yet against this year though. It's been less fun for a while now that almost everyone and their kid has been sharing the same info almost to the minute. It takes the fun out of really knowing about football (or thinking you do). 

Anyway much respect for the content on the site and recommend it for any so interested in FF or really just football in general.

There were some rankings that were completely outdated. Player is named out on Monday but still on rankings until later in the week. I recall a thread discussing how Dalvin Cook could be the 5th or 6th RB for the week but was declared out Monday or Sunday evening for the following week. 

The specific article I am referencing late is the WW report. If it says it’s out on Tuesday, sure technically you are correct when it goes live on the site with a few hours left in Tuesday... I guess I would expect things to be done and on the site when most people are still awake, but maybe whoever writes or publishes operates one a western time zone or Hawaii or something. I recall seeing threads of people complaining of waivers processing at midnight and 9 or 10pm still not having the article. Just come into the forums on a Tuesday evening sometime after week 10 and you’re bound to see one thread. Since I can’t find an example in the search function will digress. It’s not worth any more of my time to look. 

As far as who has said they were all on time and shrugged it off, I went back looking at threads and couldn’t find it an example. I won’t put words in anyone’s mouths so I’ll retract that for now
Thanks for the retraction. I wasn't trying to be argumentative but being late on a feature is something we take super seriously. I take even more seriously if someone at FBG shrugged it off. We'll keep grinding on this and will look when things are scheduled to release. 

I have the Season Pro and I really only came across this site  when I won a life subscription about 5 years ago in an FFPC contest. Very happy I did. I would say even if I had to pay for a subscription I would. I am not really into DFS as I mainly play redraft and dynasty. I use the league dominator to check projections, free agents for each of my leagues. 

I find the season and playoff contests unique and something I look forward too. You could even have a separate  pay contest (same format) for people to have another team/entry. Think many would consider it.   

For dynasty  I have seen improved content over the last couple years. I really enjoy the value charts. I know a good trade calculator is hard to find and all have some issues, so the value chart is just as useful as a good calculator. It even has future pick values. 

Then there is the message boards which are good . I’m sure a pain to moderate but enjoy them  

Overall only couple minor things is more/improved adp info, though I know there is some. Would be nice to have more FFPC adp info but guess that is fantasy mojo’s space.  And right now even with sync’d dynasty rosters the dynasty rankings don’t show the rookie draft players on the respective fantasy teams. Still just show as FAs. To be fair I haven’t sent a question/request to FBG to address this. Hasn’t been real urgent/important just yet. 

Ok thanks for all the hard work Joe and FBG team!

Users who are viewing this thread