What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 FBG T-shirt Exchange - COMPLETED - ALL PACKAGES SENT!*** (2 Viewers)

Where'd you go?  By the way, Hangar 24's taproom in Irvine is awesome!  Perhaps an OC FFA get-together needs to happen!
Dogpawrk in sjc. Didn’t love the beers. That was the only one I hit up. I’m gonna go to San Clemente next weekend and try arcteix, or whatever it’s called. 

I've never been to the hangar 24 brewery. We should totally set up a cornhole.  Not it!

Am I the first to report!? 

WHAT. A. PACKAGE. from @Super King!! Wow. 

I've been a little down lately and this was a most welcomed pick-me-up. A note describing the contents, 3 awesome shirts, 3 decals, and ELEVEN adult beverages (one being a 32oz!). I've got several in the fridge already awaiting for my arrival home after work tomorrow. Awesome shirts and can't wait to try the beers out. Thanks, SK!!!

ETA: spreadsheet updated as received

Last edited by a moderator:

I've been a little down lately and this was a most welcomed pick-me-up. A note describing the contents, 3 awesome shirts, 3 decals, and ELEVEN adult beverages (one being a 32oz!). I've got several in the fridge already awaiting for my arrival home after work tomorrow. Awesome shirts and can't wait to try the beers out. Thanks, SK!!!
All still intact too. Nice package. 

You should get a pick of the other side of that Gypsy Parlor shirt. I might go grab one myself soon

That "food, shelter, beer" shirt looks awesome!

Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

Seems deliveries will be delayed this year. 

Incredible package.  :oldunsure:    Great job by your stalker.  Puts the pressure on the rest of us!

Hmm, looks like a slight change of plans for me.  There's just no way I'm going to be able to get to my last place in time.  Luckily, they do sell/ship online.  My stalkee will be getting a small, brewery-shipped package, then the real package a bit later.

USPS says my package was delivered to my stalkee on Wednesday.

:tumbleweed:
BOOM.

All arrived in great shape. Cool shirts with personal stories (one from a trip to the Chatooga River, another from Caboose Brewing, a cool-looking local brewery...and with some brews!), and, given his personal notes did not include the detail, I think my stalkee may not know the significance of the Settle Down Easy Brewery t-shirt. This is a line from a Grateful Dead song - Ramble on Rose - and I happen to like the Grateful Dead. 

Well done GB. I am super stoked.

A little more about SDE from their website:

OUR STORY

We are excited to be the setting that brings people together! For us, we started Settle Down Easy with meaning and care. The name comes from a lyric in the Grateful Dead song Ramble on Rose. The 6 roses on the chair offer pull through from the Dead, but our 3 owners each have 2 children, thus the 6 roses. The guitar represents good music that expands the mind and touches the soul. Keeping with that mindset, the chair is a comfortable image. When thinking of a rocking chair you are transported to a huge wrap around front porch or a beautiful overlook of a river.

The concept of Settle Down Easy was inspired one year following the death of Bryan, (better known by his friends as Tut) the younger brother of one of our owners.  He is the one who inspired the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, color palette – Bryan’s favorite football team. Additionally, there are 36 wheat kernels as Bryan died 2 days shy of his 36 birthday.  One year after his passing, a dear friend posted a story on Bryan’s Facebook wall that started with the words – Settle Down Easy…

When the owners of SDE filed for trademark on Settle Down Easy, they were rejected because Odell Brewing Co in Fort Collins had the rights for Settle Down Brown.  After wonderful conversations with Odell Brewing, on what would have been Bryan’s 39th birthday, Odell told us we could use the name and granted us the rights to the name.  Needless to say, we all felt something very special was happening with our brewery.

Extremely easy to ship beer, especially since a lot of breweries have went to cans/crowlers. 

I put cans in zip lock bag just in case, bubble wrap that. Make sure and give yourself 2” of stuffing (newspaper/styrofoam/cardboard) from the beer to the box. It needs to be packed tight without moving much. That should be plenty safe. 

also, you’re shipping snow globes if they ask what’s in it. :thumbup:
There it is

Dogpawrk in sjc. Didn’t love the beers. That was the only one I hit up. I’m gonna go to San Clemente next weekend and try arcteix, or whatever it’s called. 

I've never been to the hangar 24 brewery. We should totally set up a cornhole.  Not it!
One of my fraternity brother's BIL owns Lost Winds Brewery in San Clemente.  I've heard the beers are great!

I suck at cornhole.  :coffee:  

------------------

My package (huh huh) is going out today.  Finally got all the swag and a few good brews to send off.  Will update the spreadsheet.

I sometimes work near a highly desirable brewery.  I have been pressed when near and have not been able to make it yet.

Yep! Good bubble wrap and ziplocking. One can had a sizable dent, but survived intact. I'm saving him for last. He's clearly a soldier. :salute:
He deserves a hug.

My box is going out tomorrow if all goes as planned.  

To my stalker, I will be leaving town for about a month on Aug 19.  No problem if I don't get it by then but I won't be able to post and comment until mid-September at the earliest.  I may stay in Canada until the end of October.

If there are any here who are open to wine or hard cider (no, not the freaking Woodchuck type stuff but the artisanal, real stuff), please post.  I don't want to give away whom I have, but I'd love to be able to send local wine or cider directly from the growers rather than risking beer through the mail.  On the cider front, we have two of the best, award winners near me:  Alpenfire and Finnriver.  For wines there's a billion great ones here.
You can send that to me, love ciders and red wine. We may have to do multiple exchanges 😂

If there are any here who are open to wine or hard cider (no, not the freaking Woodchuck type stuff but the artisanal, real stuff), please post.  I don't want to give away whom I have, but I'd love to be able to send local wine or cider directly from the growers rather than risking beer through the mail.  On the cider front, we have two of the best, award winners near me:  Alpenfire and Finnriver.  For wines there's a billion great ones here.
Totally missed this before.

I'd be on board with the good ciders for sure. Wine is fine.

I am reading where folks are using the Post Office to send, I opted to go UPS Ground, you'd be shocked how fast it can get there if you are shipping in the same time zone or just a couple States over. I'm sure Key West to Seattle can still take a little while but in general they are fast and super reliable, tracking is easy, drivers generally hospitable and easy to deal with plus the stores or drop off locations seem to also be run well. 

I paid $15 in total to ship, maybe that was high 🤷‍♂️  but since I was shipping beer I didn't want any problems. Surprised folks are using the USPS, I definitely would not be shipping out anything that could be flagged thru them. I know folks that have had packages that had "questionable" items inside and they were magically lost and never to be found...just be careful. 

One more post to get folks fired up...so I just popped one of the local Breweries special release that I sent along, holy #### is this good. I just had one at 10 in the morning but that's the benefits of WFH, anytime you want to pop a cold one 😆

I think I would have kept all 6 for me if I hadn't mailed out already, yum yum. 

Whoever receives my package, we need to coordinate drinking a couple at the same time. The 2nd brew I sent is not totally local to me but it's not far away either and I think it's a true Florida IPA and one of my latest go to beers, has Grapefruit as the driving force and it is GD delicious and packs a punch. 

I wish I didn't have to play Tennis tonight, so ready to open up an afternoon of Florida IPAs and some Citrus infused brews. 

I am reading where folks are using the Post Office to send, I opted to go UPS Ground, you'd be shocked how fast it can get there if you are shipping in the same time zone or just a couple States over. I'm sure Key West to Seattle can still take a little while but in general they are fast and super reliable, tracking is easy, drivers generally hospitable and easy to deal with plus the stores or drop off locations seem to also be run well. 

I paid $15 in total to ship, maybe that was high 🤷‍♂️  but since I was shipping beer I didn't want any problems. Surprised folks are using the USPS, I definitely would not be shipping out anything that could be flagged thru them. I know folks that have had packages that had "questionable" items inside and they were magically lost and never to be found...just be careful. 
I sent with USPS. My parcel was 13 lb 6oz. That was a spicy meatball.... And you just lie when they ask you if there's any liquid in the package. 

I'm getting there.  Will have it out by the end of next week, I think.  

Working 12 days in a row just sucks, though.

I sent with USPS. My parcel was 13 lb 6oz. That was a spicy meatball.... And you just lie when they ask you if there's any liquid in the package. 
Wife sent mine USPS, no issue at all. It took a few days to go from northern Alabama to so-cal. 

I'm a little concerned.  My UPS tracking information indicates my shipment was delivered on Thursday.  I sent a PM to my stalkee indicating as much.  No indication as to whether he received the swag.  🤔
:hifive: :banned:  That's me! Sorry for the delay in notification, my girls got the box and set it near the downstairs stairwell where I don't always go by. Cheesy KILLED it with the shirts and brew - I almost feel bad getting so much swag, but I'm keeping it all LOL.

I'll get pics up either tonight or tomorrow, and will be enjoying some of the sweet, sweet beverages when I get home. I'm updating the spreadsheet right now.

:hifive: :banned:  That's me! Sorry for the delay in notification, my girls got the box and set it near the downstairs stairwell where I don't always go by. Cheesy KILLED it with the shirts and brew - I almost feel bad getting so much swag, but I'm keeping it all LOL.

I'll get pics up either tonight or tomorrow, and will be enjoying some of the sweet, sweet beverages when I get home. I'm updating the spreadsheet right now.
You forgot to mention the full roll of bubble wrap with it!!!  LOL  Cool,  I'm glad it arrived and that you liked it.  Enjoy.

If you live on the west coast of the Great Lakes State, then you may have a package arriving on Monday. 

The Resurgence Brew t-shirt is pretty trippy. What a spread. 

Package has been sent to a FFA'er in NY.  Slated for Wednesday delivery.  I will update spreadsheet when it's been delivered.

Just read this thread for the first time and have a newfound renewed faith in y’all. What a fantastic idea for morale. I hate that I missed the deadline... (unless someone would like to add me now in a “supplemental draft, I can make the deadline.)

I’ll look for the next thread and will gladly jump in :thumbup: . Cheers!

Just read this thread for the first time and have a newfound renewed faith in y’all. What a fantastic idea for morale. I hate that I missed the deadline... (unless someone would like to add me now in a “supplemental draft, I can make the deadline.)

I’ll look for the next thread and will gladly jump in :thumbup: . Cheers!
@Mr. Ected was late this year too and is looking for a partner. You guys should exchange addresses and get on in. Let me know if you make it happen and we’ll add you to the spreadsheet.

Package is on the UPS truck and out for delivery today...says any time up to 9PM 😆

The photos put up so far are awesome. I liked the Bigfoot t-shirt from one of the first arrivals. 

The Down Easy batch has a River shirt mixed in with the breweries, very cool. 

Users who are viewing this thread