What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IF the season is cut short, how is your league handling payouts? (1 Viewer)

Deamon

Footballguy
@barackdhouse made a good point in another thread, about what leagues should be doing if this does happen.  Should all leagues have this in their rules just in case it happens so that the 11-0 team isn't asking for all the winnings?

Is anyone in a league either as a Commissioner or Owner that has already laid out a creative way to handle any potential bumps in the season?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did? I think it might have been someone else, thought I will gladly take credit for other people's good points. 

Yeah I’m not sure. It’s obviously on the radar as commissioner of a couple leagues. Current lean is if we don’t have playoffs everything gets refunded and in the one contract league I run contracts won’t toll. But there will be lots of discussion among the members before anything is finalized.
No payout at all for the 12-0 team?

It should definitely be discussed beforehand so there's no issues if this does happen. If the season gets to Week X here's the payouts. If it doesn't make it to Week X people get their money back.

No payout at all for the 12-0 team?
In the contract league nah, I’m pretty set on contracts not tolling so the same 12-0 team will be just as jacked next year albeit a year older. Thinking a randomized order 2 round snake draft from the rookie draft. Dynasty I could see being different where losing a year means more but I don’t run any of those. Pure redraft I’ll let everyone have input predraft and there likely will be payouts if we’ve made it through a certain number of weeks. I didn’t do a great job differentiating that from the contract league in my initial post on the topic.

It should definitely be discussed beforehand so there's no issues if this does happen. If the season gets to Week X here's the payouts. If it doesn't make it to Week X people get their money back.
For sure.  I'm Commish of league and never really thought to have these stipulations until now.  Wondering what the most common way people are handling it is.  Is it fair to give SOME payout to the top records?  And return the rest to everyone?  Or is that unfair as they may have had an easier first half schedule/less byes/etc

Yeah I am afraid that if we don't have some serious discussions about this now, that it will be much more heated and difficult in the moment. In my case I'm talking about a 96 team consortium of eight 12-team leagues that combine for a big points race in weeks 15 and 16, and 2020 is our jackpot season that we have been paying into since 2015 and then we're disbanding. So my situation is a bit unique and I won't pollute this thread with my own specific nuanced issues, but I also mentioned the example that I believe FFPC is using, which is:

If they play less than X games (I think it is 6 for FFPC), then monies are refunded. If they play more than that but don't reach the fantasy playoffs and the season is cut short, then the prize pool is chopped according to standings at that moment. 30% for 1st and 2nd, 20% for 3rd and 4th. In the case of the FPC, where roughly half the buyin money goes into the big dance prize pool at the end, I assume that money would also go back into individual league circulation for 1st-4th. @menobrown are you keen on that?

Obviously in our individual leagues, if it is agreed to just refund everyone then by all means we can each do as we will, right? Simple enough. 

My biggest thing is that I think there are a much larger variety of ways that the NFL season could go sideways than the FF community seems to realize.  

Has anyone heard anything from FFPC about this?  Obviously a ton of people here play on that site.

ETA- nevermind, answer posted at same time.  Thanks @barackdhouse

Inspired by MFL's structure:

If fewer than 7 games no payout, all monies roll to 2021.

If 7-13 games, division winners and weekly/season high scores will be paid out, the rest of the monies will roll to 2021 and dues will be reduced to only replenish payout.

If 14 or 15 games, all eliminated teams will be paid out per placing, all remaining teams will split the rest of the pot.

We will only have playoffs for an uninterrupted 16 week season.

Has anyone heard anything from FFPC about this?  Obviously a ton of people here play on that site.

ETA- nevermind, answer posted at same time.  Thanks @barackdhouse
I'd like to confirm this though. I heard it on their podcast a few weeks ago but things change fast and I'm not clear if this only applies to the FPC tourney or to dynasties or both.

If 7-13 games, division winners and weekly/season high scores will be paid out, the rest of the monies will roll to 2021 and dues will be reduced to only replenish payout.

If 14 or 15 games, all eliminated teams will be paid out per placing, all remaining teams will split the rest of the pot.

Hmmm this is pretty good.  I might do this.

Yep fully expecting this season to be a hot mess and not go smoothly at all.    I foresee schedule changes, delays and certain weeks being cancelled.  I plan on voting on some league rules at our b!tch sessions this summer.  No clue what they will be...

What about if no playoffs happen at all, payout just simply on total points, 1-12.  That way no one can say they had a harder schedule to start the season.

It’s a fair approach, but still not one I love.

I almost want to tell my league if there are no playoffs then all $ rolls over.with the possible exception that if the full schedule of game is played, we pay out the in-season prizes. 

but that seems pretty unfair to the 1-seed (or any playoff team) if they weren’t the in-season prize winner. 

like, if In my redraft we paid 10% to the high points total, & the single game high score, but told the 4 playoff teams, “sorry, better luck next year”. 

what a mess. 

I'd like to confirm this though. I heard it on their podcast a few weeks ago but things change fast and I'm not clear if this only applies to the FPC tourney or to dynasties or both.
FFPC rules

Official Length of the NFL Season

Please read below for information on how the FFPC will handle the awarding of prizes for all Leagues and Contests in the case that the NFL shortens, delays, suspends or discontinues its season.

Officially Announced Shortened NFL season:

All FFPC Leagues and Contests are official to the length that the NFL regular season is official. If the NFL has a shortened official regular season--for any reason--FFPC Leagues and Contests will run for the length of the official NFL regular season.

For example, if the NFL has an official fourteen (14) game regular season, FFPC Leagues and Contests will last 14 weeks. If the NFL has an official ten (10) game regular season, FFPC Leagues and Contests will last 10 weeks, and so on.

The FFPC may shorten and/or amend FFPC game formats like the Main Event, FPC, Classic, Dynasty, Terminator Tournament, and to function within the shortened official NFL regular season. The FFPC will not cancel any Leagues and Contests based on official season length. All prize structures will remain intact for all FFPC Leagues and Contests.

NFL Season Delay or Suspension:

Should the NFL season be suspended or delayed, all FFPC leagues and contests will pause and resume when the NFL season resumes.

NFL Season Discontinuance:

Should the NFL season be discontinued, for any reason, with five (5) or less official weeks played (weeks do not need to be consecutive), FFPC Leagues and Contests will then be canceled and all entries will be refunded (except Dynasty, see below for more info). The FFPC will process refunds into FFPC player accounts in the same form as original registrations (league credits or cash funds). Participants will have the ability to submit withdrawal requests for any eligible cash funds. The FFPC will not refund Dynasty league entries to player accounts, but will instead apply them towards 2021 league dues.

Should the NFL season be suspended or delayed and discontinued, for any reason, with six (6) or more official weeks played (weeks do not need to be consecutive), FFPC Leagues and Contests will become official and prize will be awarded (including Dynasty) in the manner described below.

All individual Best Ball Leagues (live draft best ball, best ball slim, plus, Superflex, terminator satellites, double-ups, dynasty best ball, etc.) and Varsity leagues:

Prizes for the above leagues will be awarded as per the original league prize structure as per league standings at the time of NFL season discontinuance.

Ex. - NFL season ends after ten (10) weeks. Team A is in first place. Team A receives the first place prize.

All Individual Leagues with Regular Season and League Playoff formats (Classic, Victory Points, Live Auction, Standard Dynasty, Big Payback, High Society, Live Auction, etc.):

The FFPC will award regular season and league playoff prizes based on final standings at the time of NFL season discontinuance. League standings and seeding may vary due to league formats (victory points, total points, etc.).

Ex. - NFL season ends after ten (10) weeks. Team A is the 1-Seed based on league standings. Team A receives 1-Seed regular season prize and first place league playoffs prize.

FFPC Contests (Main Event, Footballguys Players Championship, Terminator Tournament, Super Bracket Tournament):

If the NFL discontinues its season before the completion of league playoffs, the FFPC will award all regular season league prizes and league playoff prizes based on final standings at the time of NFL season discontinuance. League standings and seeding may vary due to contest formats (H2H or total points).

Ex. - NFL season ends after ten (10) weeks. Team A is in first place in its league. Team A receives a 1-Seed prize (if applicable) and first place regular season league prize.

If the NFL discontinues its season after League Playoffs are completed, but before the start of the Championship Round, the FFPC will award all regular season league prizes and league playoff prizes based on the regular season and league playoff results.

If the NFL Season is discontinued any time after week six (6) but before the start of the Championship, Consolation & Toilet Bowl Rounds, the Championship, Consolation, and Toilet Bowl prizes will NOT be awarded to individual teams based on standings at the time of NFL season discontinuance. Instead, the FFPC will combine all Championship Round prizes, Consolation prizes, and Toilet Bowl prizes and disperse them in the following manner:

· All league 1-Seeds will evenly share 30% of the total prize money

· All league 2-Seeds will evenly share 30% of the total prize money

· All league 3-Seeds will evenly share 20% of the total prize money

· All league 4-seeds will evenly share 20% of the total prize money

Ex. - NFL season ends after (10) weeks. Team A is in first place in its league and has the most overall points in the entire contest. Team A receives its share of the thirty (30) percent of the overall prize pool allotted to league number one seeds. Team A does NOT receive the $500,000 grand prize.

If the NFL discontinues its season upon completion of Week 14 or 15, the FFPC will use the current standing of the Championship, Consolation and Toilet Round leaderboards to determine prizes as per the original prize structures in each contest.

Hmmm this is pretty good.  I might do this.
me too, it eliminates a single winner scenario if there isn't a 16 game season plus still rewards teams that made playoffs. i like it.

I like this as well.  Sending it to my league officers as a suggestion.

For my leagues (1 contract, 1 salary cap) we also need to think about what to do with contract tolling and salary increases if the season is shortened.  A team built for a 2020 run (perhaps trading away future picks for expiring contracts) could be screwed if they lose a chance at the playoffs AND lose those future draft picks.  Thinking maybe we could allow extension of 2020-expiring contracts for 1 more year, while tolling the longer ones. 

Back when there was talk of a strike we put in a clause that in order to be a considered a "full" season there had to be at least 10 games.  Although we didn't really talk about what we would do if there was less.   We do not do playoffs and play straight through with the top 4 places (12 teams) getting something ranging from 1/2 franchise fee to about 60% of the pot. 

NOTE:  We are a salary cap/contract year dynasty league

For this scenario we are going to do the following:

• If 10 or more games played then the season "counts" and all payouts will be per usual as well as contract/salary situations.  It will be just like we played a full 17 week season.
  • If less than 10 games are played we will roll over to the following season.  Records will roll over and next season will be a 17+x week season.
  • Contract years:  It will be up to the owner if they want that contract year to count or not.  Some may want it to count if the player is older and they don't want to have to keep another year, or may want it to not count (younger and want to keep).  So that decision is up to the owner.
  • Salary escalation will not go into effect.  The salaries of players eligible for escalation will remain the same.
  • Rookie/FA draft:  The draft will be a snake draft with a randomized draft order.  Some wanted it to be best record of short season gets first pick.  Some thought it should be worst record.  Everyone agreed that snake draft was acceptable.  We settled on random draw since we are already carrying over the record to the following year.  If that wasn't the case it was argued that best record should get first pick as a reward for being the best team.  Since it would have larger ramification than one year it was deemed that wasn't a good option. 

This assumes all your owners come back next year - which isn't true for many leagues (normal turnover, dynasty or redraft). I think the bigger question to ask is at what point is the season "complete enough" to award all the prizes - is it only when the full regular season + play-offs happen, or is there another reasonable break point - e.g. 13 games?

Back when there was talk of a strike we put in a clause that in order to be a considered a "full" season there had to be at least 10 games.  Although we didn't really talk about what we would do if there was less.   We do not do playoffs and play straight through with the top 4 places (12 teams) getting something ranging from 1/2 franchise fee to about 60% of the pot. 

NOTE:  We are a salary cap/contract year dynasty league

For this scenario we are going to do the following:

• If 10 or more games played then the season "counts" and all payouts will be per usual as well as contract/salary situations.  It will be just like we played a full 17 week season.
  • If less than 10 games are played we will roll over to the following season.  Records will roll over and next season will be a 17+x week season.
  • Contract years:  It will be up to the owner if they want that contract year to count or not.  Some may want it to count if the player is older and they don't want to have to keep another year, or may want it to not count (younger and want to keep).  So that decision is up to the owner.
  • Salary escalation will not go into effect.  The salaries of players eligible for escalation will remain the same.
  • Rookie/FA draft:  The draft will be a snake draft with a randomized draft order.  Some wanted it to be best record of short season gets first pick.  Some thought it should be worst record.  Everyone agreed that snake draft was acceptable.  We settled on random draw since we are already carrying over the record to the following year.  If that wasn't the case it was argued that best record should get first pick as a reward for being the best team.  Since it would have larger ramification than one year it was deemed that wasn't a good option. 
Gally, thanks for this.  I am a commish of a league (year 19) that we do contract signings as our cap count.  We already discussed if no season, the owners would have the right to skip a year on the contract and not be penalized, like rolling the signing year from current status to +1 on the year.  For example, I have a players signed to 3 years at 2018 signing.  This allows me to hold that player through the 2020 season.  We would allow the owners to go with 3 - 2019, thus getting that last year in.  

We have not gotten all the way through for a partial season, and I love the idea for the owners to determine their players contract year status on this. 
Again, thanks for the idea Gally.

This assumes all your owners come back next year - which isn't true for many leagues (normal turnover, dynasty or redraft). I think the bigger question to ask is at what point is the season "complete enough" to award all the prizes - is it only when the full regular season + play-offs happen, or is there another reasonable break point - e.g. 13 games?
Well if they have already paid up or if it's only $20 instead of $75 there's a much higher likelihood they do.  If not it's going to be much easier to find a replacement.

And, um, that's exactly what we did - we decided that the season was '"complete enough" once we got playoff games played.  There's kind of no turning back at that point.  If no playoff games happen, most of the money rolls over.

Gally, thanks for this.  I am a commish of a league (year 19) that we do contract signings as our cap count.  We already discussed if no season, the owners would have the right to skip a year on the contract and not be penalized, like rolling the signing year from current status to +1 on the year.  For example, I have a players signed to 3 years at 2018 signing.  This allows me to hold that player through the 2020 season.  We would allow the owners to go with 3 - 2019, thus getting that last year in.  

We have not gotten all the way through for a partial season, and I love the idea for the owners to determine their players contract year status on this. 
every situation is different for a variety of reasons so having someone lose a year or auto add a year just seemed wrong.  Everyone liked the idea of leaving it up to the owner. 

I am glad it was helpful.

I didn't include the contracts in my initial response because we're the vast minority of leagues that do this, but this is what we're doing.  Any partial payout means no contracts tick unless the owner wants it to.  A full payout and they all reduce.

Hankmoody said:
Well if they have already paid up or if it's only $20 instead of $75 there's a much higher likelihood they do.  If not it's going to be much easier to find a replacement.

And, um, that's exactly what we did - we decided that the season was '"complete enough" once we got playoff games played.  There's kind of no turning back at that point.  If no playoff games happen, most of the money rolls over.
Thank you. My point was that ideally the rules avoid a mess. These are challenging times, including financially. If I put myself into someone else shoes... telling someone we're holding your money till next year whether you come back or not can be a rough message. 

Thank you. My point was that ideally the rules avoid a mess. These are challenging times, including financially. If I put myself into someone else shoes... telling someone we're holding your money till next year whether you come back or not can be a rough message. 
Well you've misinterpreted the tone of what we're doing. If someone can honestly tell me that $50 is that important to them I'll happily refund them. 

Well you've misinterpreted the tone of what we're doing. If someone can honestly tell me that $50 is that important to them I'll happily refund them. 
What if it’s not $50? Some leagues have been known to have different entry fees :)  Regardless of the amount, “refund it” is always an option.

This isn’t solving the problem we are discussing here, imho. The question is how to adequately amend the rules so that in case a season is shortened, the payouts happen in a way that reflects what happened. Rolling over to next year Is an option, but potentially a messy one. Refunding is a must, but to a point - I feel at some stage the season is meaningful. I’d like to see an option that doesn’t include rollover or refunds. For example, I am pretty sure if 13 weeks are played, paying out in full may be warranted.

What if it’s not $50? Some leagues have been known to have different entry fees :)  Regardless of the amount, “refund it” is always an option.

This isn’t solving the problem we are discussing here, imho. The question is how to adequately amend the rules so that in case a season is shortened, the payouts happen in a way that reflects what happened. Rolling over to next year Is an option, but potentially a messy one. Refunding is a must, but to a point - I feel at some stage the season is meaningful.
Its not messy at all if everyone is aware that it will roll over if you play less than X games.  Then you play under those conditions.  As clean as it can be.

Its not messy at all if everyone is aware that it will roll over if you play less than X games.  Then you play under those conditions.  As clean as it can be.
Ok, that’s fair. I am unlikely to do this - I will either refund in full or award the full payout. Trying to figure out what is reasonable for a full payout in terms of season length. I saw here above someone said - only if the full season happens. That’s an option as a default, but there should be others.

Ok, that’s fair. I am unlikely to do this - I will either refund in full or award the full payout. Trying to figure out what is reasonable for a full payout in terms of season length. I saw here above someone said - only if the full season happens. That’s an option as a default, but there should be others.
We do not have playoffs.  We put in the bylaws that 10 games or more would be considered a full season and payouts are the same as usual.  

Anything less than 10 games the season rolls over and you get 1-1/2 seasons for the price of one seaaon.

Very simple.  Everyone knows going in.  No grey area.

I think I found your problem.  Why is it what "you" are likely to do.  Why aren't you getting input from your league?  You're getting agitated by what my league is doing but this was how they wanted to do it.

This to me is not much different than the rules in general.

Clarity on the rules is way more important than what the rules actually are.

You want points for first downs? Have at it. Just make sure everyone knows the scoring.

You want big time penalty for interceptions? Your choice.

Same with this. The logical thing I see is teams picking a number of games that is enough to call it a season. Basically the 5 innings of a baseball game. 

If for some reason, they cancel and don't return, the finish order is based off total points. 

As long as everyone knows that on the front end, you're good.

But if you make that decision in week 15, then you have people saying they would have played differently had they known the rules. 

So make the rules clear before you start. 

I think I found your problem.  Why is it what "you" are likely to do.  Why aren't you getting input from your league?  You're getting agitated by what my league is doing but this was how they wanted to do it.
Thanks again. I am not agitated at all. I am simply saying your option, good as it may be for your league, likely doesn’t work for mine. I will get input from my league, but it works best if I have an option to propose that will satisfy most, and the rest can be adjusted.

We do not have playoffs.  We put in the bylaws that 10 games or more would be considered a full season and payouts are the same as usual.  

Anything less than 10 games the season rolls over and you get 1-1/2 seasons for the price of one seaaon.

Very simple.  Everyone knows going in.  No grey area.
Sounds good to me - very helpful - thank you.

This to me is not much different than the rules in general.

Clarity on the rules is way more important than what the rules actually are.

You want points for first downs? Have at it. Just make sure everyone knows the scoring.

You want big time penalty for interceptions? Your choice.

Same with this. The logical thing I see is teams picking a number of games that is enough to call it a season. Basically the 5 innings of a baseball game. 

If for some reason, they cancel and don't return, the finish order is based off total points. 

As long as everyone knows that on the front end, you're good.

But if you make that decision in week 15, then you have people saying they would have played differently had they known the rules. 

So make the rules clear before you start. 
Thanks, Joe. I think the framework makes sense. Two questions I am trying to brainstorm here:

1. What are folks picking as the “a number of games that is enough to call it a season”? So far I’ve seen 10 and 16 (ie full season).

2. Is anyone not using total points as the final standings order? We are not a total points league, the schedule isn’t balanced from the beginning, so while going total points is possible, it’s not the league design. Is anyone doing something else, or just simply applying whatever scoring / standings are in the regular rules to the potentially shortened season?

2. Is anyone not using total points as the final standings order? We are not a total points league, the schedule isn’t balanced from the beginning, so while going total points is possible, it’s not the league design. Is anyone doing something else, or just simply applying whatever scoring / standings are in the regular rules to the potentially shortened season?
We don't do playoffs so we just do W-L record with total points as the tie break.  If the season is less than 10 games that record is rolled over to next year and it is like an extra long season.  If it is 10 or more then it's a full season and best record wins.

I am not sure what i would do if he had playoffs.  I might suggest having playoffs if its a complete season and rolling over the records to next year if it isn't.  That seems like a simple way to handle it without totally discounting a shortened season.

Thanks, Joe. I think the framework makes sense. Two questions I am trying to brainstorm here:

1. What are folks picking as the “a number of games that is enough to call it a season”? So far I’ve seen 10 and 16 (ie full season).

I saw someone mention they're using Power Ranking which I like a lot.  We use Victory Points for standings so that would be a good way to do it.

Total points would be good though since the schedule isn't balanced, and it takes scheduling right out of it. 

Tough call here.  I'm torn between using VP's and Total Points.

And would you still pay out the top 4 teams (if your league normally does this), or increase it?  Would the payout structure be the same?  I could see total points giving ALL 12 OWNERS a payback of some sort, just decreasing in value from 1st to 12th.

If a league goes Total Points, would it be better (of course this is opinion), to still pay out the top X based on total points (same number of payouts and value of payouts as beforehand), or pay all 12 owners?  I almost feel like all 12 owners should get SOMETHING. 

In order to minimize people from complaining (yes rules would be set out before hand, but people always find a way), it might be nice to give everyone money so that the 5th place team doesn't have a "I was 1 point out of 4th and would have caught him over the full season!" argument where he gets $0.  The same could be said all the way down to 12th place.

1st- 20%
2nd- 14%
3rd- 12%
4th- 10%
5th- 9%
6th- 8%
7th-  7%
8th- 6%
9th- 5%
10th- 4%
11th- 3%
12th- 2%

In the age of paypal, its easy to pay someone any amount of money.

Lots of good suggestions if the season comes to a halt all at once, at some particular week. But, what if we get to a situation where particular teams are shut down - not the whole league?

For example, the Miami Dolphins have a bunch of players test positive and they can't field a team. I can't imagine the NFL would want to shut down the whole season if a team (or a few) have a breakout. I would guess such a team would just have to forfeit games for 2-5 weeks until they get things in order. Any thoughts on that, other than "too bad, so sad" for FF owners with players from said team? I can't think of an alternative, but wondering...

Lots of good suggestions if the season comes to a halt all at once, at some particular week. But, what if we get to a situation where particular teams are shut down - not the whole league?

For example, the Miami Dolphins have a bunch of players test positive and they can't field a team. I can't imagine the NFL would want to shut down the whole season if a team (or a few) have a breakout. I would guess such a team would just have to forfeit games for 2-5 weeks until they get things in order. Any thoughts on that, other than "too bad, so sad" for FF owners with players from said team? I can't think of an alternative, but wondering...
I'd be pretty surprised if this happened.  You can't force a team to lose games because of the virus, and that's something that has affects on their entire future and history records, etc.  I think it'll be an all or nothing type thing.   If you're testing players DAILY, then you should be able to avoid a mass breakout of a whole team. 

From a fantasy perspective, that would be devastating. 

I'm commish of the SLAENT Play or Die league (14-16 team Redraft League with Double Flex) going into its 7th Season. Honestly I thought it was a given we'd have a season (without fans but a season) so I didn't even start a discussion. I think I need to do some research and e-mail the other members to come up with a consensus on what to do. It matters also when a potential stoppage happens: If they only play 12 games and the season is canceled, are the prizes given out after 12 games and no playoffs? Do we just do a full refund? Really have to do some homework on this.

In my Dynasty league I had already said to all the owners prior to league payments deadline in April if we didnt have a season I would personally eat the MFL fee for this season and roll over all the money to next season. 

I have now asked if they want to keep this as our standard for anything less than 8 games played (our season is 12 weeks then 3 weeks of playoffs) we simply vacate the results and season. Any weekly prizes, div championships or overall points winner dont get paid out so we can have no fees next year. 

The tricky next question I presented is do we come up with some kind of payout system if we dont have a full playoffs if we have 8 or more games - or do we just vacate and roll over as above. 

Will be interesting to see what they came up with. 

If a league goes Total Points, would it be better (of course this is opinion), to still pay out the top X based on total points (same number of payouts and value of payouts as beforehand), or pay all 12 owners?  I almost feel like all 12 owners should get SOMETHING. 

In order to minimize people from complaining (yes rules would be set out before hand, but people always find a way), it might be nice to give everyone money so that the 5th place team doesn't have a "I was 1 point out of 4th and would have caught him over the full season!" argument where he gets $0.  The same could be said all the way down to 12th place.

1st- 20%
2nd- 14%
3rd- 12%
4th- 10%
5th- 9%
6th- 8%
7th-  7%
8th- 6%
9th- 5%
10th- 4%
11th- 3%
12th- 2%

For sure, do what you think is best. My point is to have whatever you're going to do be decided before you draft. I don't care if it's Winner Take All or every team gets 1/12 of the prize. Just be clear before you start. 

For sure, do what you think is best. My point is to have whatever you're going to do be decided before you draft. I don't care if it's Winner Take All or every team gets 1/12 of the prize. Just be clear before you start. 
Ya I think it goes without saying that things need to be clear.  I'm more so looking for advice from other people on what might be the best method of payouts.  It's going to be an interesting year as a commish!

Ya I think it goes without saying that things need to be clear.  I'm more so looking for advice from other people on what might be the best method of payouts.  It's going to be an interesting year as a commish!
I see tons of people not making it clear. I think it's something we need to be saying a lot. 

I am also concerned about increased games missed by players.

We don't have a an IR spot, but I would like to propose having one or two COVID IR spots for guys that will miss one or two games for isolation.
This could be a good idea, and of course you'd have to monitor it if someone tries to sneak an ankle injury onto an IR spot.

For sure. I do think the people in this thread are onto the fact they need to explain the rules upfront. What these rules should be is the question.
For sure. Would be great to come up with some finalized specifics you guys think are good. 

1st- 20%
2nd- 14%
3rd- 12%
4th- 10%
5th- 9%
6th- 8%
7th-  7%
8th- 6%
9th- 5%
10th- 4%
11th- 3%
12th- 2%

I don't understand why you want to pay everyone.  That seems a little participation trophy-ish.   

Users who are viewing this thread