Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty & Redraft: RB Chuba Hubbard, Panthers

22 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Anyone besides me feel Hubbard just wasn't into football last year?   I know he battled an ankle injury, but I get the feeling ole' Chuba's mind was somewhere else.

He said in his Panthers interview that he was also coming off groin surgery.  

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only way I would consider him in a dynasty draft is in the 3rd round.  That way I'm not out much when he busts.  So, he won't be on any of my teams because someone will pull the trigger in the 2nd

Story of my life, buddy. Story of my life. 

I really wish they wouldn't byline articles like this, it makes one think he got injured.  I don't have any Hubbard shares in devy but I feel for those that do when they have to read stuff like this. 

Panthers signed fourth-round RB Chubba Hubbard to a four-year contract.

He's the first of Carolina's 11 draft picks to agree to a contract. A Canadian high school track star, Hubbard (6’0/210) signed with Oklahoma State as a three-star recruit and immediately showcased difference-making top speed. He became an All-American as a sophomore by rushing for 2,084 yards and 21 touchdowns on 328 carries, but that workload was arguably too heavy for Hubbard to handle. He had two offseason surgeries and suffered an ankle sprain last season, tanking his timed top-end speed (4.50 forty) and draft stock in the process. Overall, Hubbard isn’t going to break many arm tackles in the pros and likely comes with a touch restriction. To maximize his in-space talents, Hubbard needs to develop his pass-catching abilities (53 career receptions). He profiles as a big-play No. 2 or No. 3 back in the NFL but obviously won't handle many touches behind Christian McCaffrey. He'll be a tremendous option to stash on rosters (a la Mike Davis) just in case injuries surprisingly spring on McCaffrey once again.

SOURCE: Pro Football Talk on Twitter

May 6, 2021, 12:28 PM ET

• 3 weeks later...

Been sifting through rookie drafts to see where he's being taken, but really wish I could tell what % of owners drafting him have CMC and are cuffing.  In my 1QB with the way RB's fly off the shelves in rookie drafts, I'm not so sure I can get him at 2.11 but don't feel it's worth giving up anything to move higher for him.  

On 5/25/2021 at 5:02 PM, wlwiles said:

Been sifting through rookie drafts to see where he's being taken, but really wish I could tell what % of owners drafting him have CMC and are cuffing.  In my 1QB with the way RB's fly off the shelves in rookie drafts, I'm not so sure I can get him at 2.11 but don't feel it's worth giving up anything to move higher for him.  

This is where I'm at.   Good chance he's at the top of my draft board if there at 2.12, but not trading up.  Will just move on to Herbert, Stevenson, Mitchell, Freiermuth, or a WR that drops.

• Thanks 1
On 5/25/2021 at 6:02 PM, wlwiles said:

Once you get to mid 2nd in non SF, it's really wide open where guys go. Chuba should be there at 2.11 but all it takes is one guy to take him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got him at 3.03 in a 12 teamer. Gotta think if he landed anywhere else, he'd be valued more. Only a few guys (McCafferey being one of them) that you don't want to get stuck behind.

But with his speed... he only needs 8 touches a game.

9 minutes ago, Shaq90 said:

Got him at 3.03 in a 12 teamer. Gotta think if he landed anywhere else, he'd be valued more. Only a few guys (McCafferey being one of them) that you don't want to get stuck behind.

But with his speed... he only needs 8 touches a game.

I mostly got him as insurance for CMC. I don't think he's injury prone, but having the (who I think) projected back up is never a bad idea.