What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fireworks on Holidays in residential areas SUCK. (1 Viewer)

yeah, we had a couple last night about 10pm.  Dogs barking their ### off and 5 year old scared and crying b/c it woke her up.  Can't wait for tonight.  

They've been going off every night around us, often after midnight, waking kids, scaring dogs.  I am not a "cancel fireworks" guy (I don't get them, I hate how they freak out my dogs and the environmental impact... ok I think they're ####### stupid to be honest, but others seem to get enjoyment from it), but be considerate people, or the cancel fireworks calls are on the way. 

If it's the night of the holiday or on a lake on a long weekend, whatever, I guess. Any other time you're just a ####. 

They've been going off every night around us, often after midnight, waking kids, scaring dogs.  I am not a "cancel fireworks" guy (I don't get them, I hate how they freak out my dogs and the environmental impact... ok I think they're ####### stupid to be honest, but others seem to get enjoyment from it), but be considerate people, or the cancel fireworks calls are on the way. 

If it's the night of the holiday or on a lake on a long weekend, whatever, I guess. Any other time you're just a ####. 
Mostly this, but also irritates me when I was just talking to the neighbor today as we were both outside and we talked about how the 5 year old was feeling like crap.  

Like eoMMan posted above - we have a ####load of open fields around the culdesac and up the road a bit.  But by all means, proceed to shoot off your fireworks in your driveway instead.  

Not quite.
Fireworks a frequent thing in your hood? Not here...in fact, I didnt even notice any tonight until it got dark, and the bulk of em didnt last long. Just went outside and could hear some, but they're not close enough to keep me up if I was trying to sleep.

:shrug:

still going strong around here  

I'd create some sort of drinking game, but my liver wouldn't make it

Fireworks a frequent thing in your hood? Not here...in fact, I didnt even notice any tonight until it got dark, and the bulk of em didnt last long. Just went outside and could hear some, but they're not close enough to keep me up if I was trying to sleep.

:shrug:
Right or wrong, but growing up in small town WI, I attribute them to being white trashy.  SO, of course 1 hour later, the 2 neighbors by us are still battling it out.   Tonight I knew better and at least knocked my daughter out with a little something.  

I am currently surrounded on 4 sides by competing firework shows. Actually, it's not much of a competition, as one guy dropped $5000 on stuff that's probably banned in most states. If my cars don't blow up it will be a miracle.

I've lived here for 38 Fourths of July except for the few that I've been on vacation and this year has been the loudest by far.  The Mission District sounds like a firefight tonight.

Not a fan of the fireworks thing myself. AC failed a couple weeks ago and new unit gets installed in another week. So, windows open, I'm hearing more than usual.

Sounds like someone next street over spent a lot of $$ on fireworks but blew most of it up in about an hour. Don't understand the need to spend $$ on this stuff (feel the same way about cigarettes). Just seems like such a waste.

Glad it's over.

I moved into town (out of the sticks) a couple of years ago, and my development has enough people living it now that we actually had quite a few fireworks last night.  Personally, I liked it.  I can sit on my deck, read a book, and vicariously enjoy something a little out of the ordinary.

Except the #######s one street over who set off a bunch of fireworks at 1:30 in the morning.  I made a special point to get up to see who was doing that, and I won't forget.

I do not mind them, we get pretty good fireworks displays on fourth of July and Chinese new year in my neighborhood. It is only twice a year.

I'm completely indifferent about fireworks. The thought of buying a bunch of them, or as many do, driving to another freaking state  to get them is not something I'd have any interest in. But I don't mind them. 

I'm so drunk on the 4th, I barely notice unless they are being shot off where I'm at.

Normally don't bother me much.  We visited my brother and sister in law (few days since they have a pool).  Their dog was shaking all night scared of all of it...

Hoping for them its not the usual several nights of this...and from 6pm while it was still light out and hearing them still after 11.  

Once a year...not so bad...people all know its going to happen.  Its the multiple night stuff that will get old...this year having the 4th be on a Saturday should keep it down to just a couple nights hopefully.

The other problem is how it does affect some veterans with PTSD...I know we have annual warnings in our neighborhood in that we have multiple veterans who get a bit bothered by it.  Again, they take precautions on the 4th...but when its other nights as well...not always able to just hide away with headphones.

Usually we hear them well into the night. Dogs freaking out etc. But this year since the city fireworks was canceled everyone seemed to shoot all theirs off and done by 11. 

The only problem I have is that my little kick me dog shakes uncontrollably for hours.  Poor thing looks like she's gonna have a heart attack.   

Bunch of Karens on our town Facebook page going bananas last night. It’s a holiday. Relax. And if your dog is freaking out, you have a stupid dog. 
People complain about fireworks on your town facebook page?  :lol:  Does someone from the town actually respond?

People complain about fireworks on your town facebook page?  :lol:  Does someone from the town actually respond?
Thankfully many more people jumped all over them and made fun of them. Some good shtick. The FFA would be proud. 

ETA it’s not the town’s page, just a page for residents/run by residents. Someone said she went to the police the following day last year and they blew her off, and she was upset about it. I LOLd

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankfully many more people jumped all over them and made fun of them. Some good shtick. The FFA would be proud. 
I need to see if a separate facebook group for residents and business owners is more active than the official town page which just has a bunch of announcements.  I may have been missing out all these years.  

Picked up plenty of debris from last night’s festivities in my yard. I must send a thank you note to my neighbors for going at it until 3am. 

Picked up plenty of debris from last night’s festivities in my yard. I must send a thank you note to my neighbors for going at it until 3am. 
Although its a lot of work to keep looking nice, its posts like these that remind me why having a big piece of property makes it all worth it.  

My wife and I took a long walk through our area last night and it was awesome! All sizes of fireworks in every direction.

No big surprise since the beach, stadium, amusement park, high school and all other firework shows were cancelled this year.

Bunch of Karens on our town Facebook page going bananas last night. It’s a holiday. Relax. And if your dog is freaking out, you have a stupid dog. 
My 3mo old pup was a real trooper last night. She shook and whined for a little bit, but then nothing even the loud mothers that made me pee a little didn't even faze her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread