What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The average adult spent 172 hours drunk during lockdown (1 Viewer)

Are we still in high school counting our beers?  I dunno my hours.   But my weekly liquor store spend was usually as much or more than grocery store.  So I guess that's a lot. 

If Lite beer counts I Probably averaged 6 beers a day. Some days more, some less.

I also worked out 6-7 days a week as well.  Sometimes twice a day.

We've cut back to only the weekend the last few weeks, maybe since June 1.  When this first started it was every single night. 

I actually started going to various liquor stores so that it didn't look so bad going to my favorite one multiple times per week.   :bag:

Gotta define “drunk.” 

I drank often but was only actually “drunk” (defining that as a noticeable loss in motor functioning and a reduction in general apprehension) maybe a few hours on the weekend. 

Gotta define “drunk.” 

I drank often but was only actually “drunk” (defining that as a noticeable loss in motor functioning and a reduction in general apprehension) maybe a few hours on the weekend. 
Fair point.  Tispy and drunk to me are the same. 2 beers on an empty stomach and I am tipsy

Fair point.  Tispy and drunk to me are the same. 2 beers on an empty stomach and I am tipsy
Ah. 

Empty stomach definitely make a noticeable difference (and I usually drink wine with and after dinner).  So does tolerance or as I like to call “training.”  And since I train I probably need four drinks to feel a noticeable difference. Most times I drink though it’s usually just 2-3 or I spread out several drinks over a number of hours. 

Essentially the only place I get drunk is either the golf course (I play my best golf at about a .08) or on a rare occasion if my wife and I get a babysitter and take an Uber out. The latter hasn’t occurred much at all during covid (we did go out once when our state prematurely opened up). 

Not surprising since the average adult is way too obsessed with alcohol. Like most, I went through my party phase where I drank often, but I just can’t comprehend going through most of adulthood getting liquored up on a regular basis.  

We have a local community "sharing" group that was set up at the start of covid. Someone posted on there that they would come collect empties for the deposit, I probably hasn't returned anything since Christmas and definitely didn't during covid. I'm a straight Craft beer drinker, so lots of big bottles. It was rather embarassing how many boxes we loaded into his SUV.

I didn't drink every day but probably 5/7 and usually just a couple but probably one "big" night a week too. 

The average does not give useful data for non-normal distributions. An example I have used before - Bill Gates and 299 homeless people have a significantly higher average income than 300 surgeons. I would rather see the median. Most drinking stats show a small minority do a vast majority of the drinking. In my mind I picture a bunch of people at <20 hours and then a few people at 1500 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
It hasn't been a conscious effort, but I've gone the other way. I don't think I've drunk any sort of alcohol since March. Just doesn't sound good to me in the moment for whatever reason.

Ghost Rider said:
Not surprising since the average adult is way too obsessed with alcohol. Like most, I went through my party phase where I drank often, but I just can’t comprehend going through most of adulthood getting liquored up on a regular basis.  
Judge much?

:shrug:  I drink a little most days.  But have only spent $550 this year on alcohol not including restaurants. 

But I don't remember the last time I was drunk.

I only drink socially – bars, parties, golf courses.

The bars are closed, parties aren't happening, and the golf courses no longer have cart girls. I haven't had a single alcoholic beverage in 4 months.

I was a one beer a day guy. One night wife and I drank to much bourbon. So drunk 2 hours during the entire lockdown maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Work has been busier than ever this year so I don’t have more free time to drink.   Im pulling the average way down since I contributed 0 hours.    Feels like I let the team down.  

750ml tequila or bourbon every 2-3 days, 1-4 Claws nightly, 1-2 nights off a week. Working 10-12 hour days. Been an interesting run.

I was primarily just weekly poker zoom's, so my couple hours per week hurt the team. Occasional glasses of something brown on especially stressful days were a solo job, so can't claim drunk. 

Users who are viewing this thread