What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty trade offer-Conner/McLaurin for DJ Moore (1 Viewer)

daveyu21

Footballguy
12-team dynasty league, full IDP, 1 RB, 2 WR, 5 flex; PPR plus some big play bonuses

Would give James Conner + McLaurin + pick 3.04 and receive DJ Moore + pick 2.09 (7 spot upgrade)

I currently have RBs (Conner) Sanders, Carson, Mattison, and Penny; WRs (McLaurin) OBJ, Julio, AJ Green, Chark, Sanders, Sanu, Westbrook, Lazard, and Hardman on roster.  Own picks 1.01 (which will be used for Taylor or CEH), 3.01 and 3.04.

I’ve always been RB-centric so am biased toward holding Conner and upside of McLaurin, plus am a bit concerned about Moore’s upside on a run-heavy Carolina team.  However, recognize he is a young top-10 play and that my WR corps is aging by the minute.  Thoughts?

Thanks!

Not sure about your comment on Carolina being a run heavy team.  Out of 1077 offensive snaps, they ran the ball 386 times, so as a percentage, they ran the ball just 35.8% of the time, thus ranked 29th as compared to Baltimore which was at 56.0% being #1.  Now, McCaffrey was on the field for a whopping 1056 plays and 430 touches which includes 116 receptions.

DJ Moore had 135 targets last year, which was 10th best with WRs and 12th overall, (McCaffrey and Kelce). 

as to the trade, I am doing it and not looking back.  value wise, in your favor. 

Agree with the above about Carolina's offense, I don't think the offense limits DJ Moore at all.  I think Bridgewater was a good add for him too.  At the same time thought, I'm hesitant to sell low on James Connor.  Just last year, this guy was getting picked real early in drafts.  I might be in the minority, but I think the Steelers offense bounces back with a healthy Ben.  It's definitely a tough one.

Not sure about your comment on Carolina being a run heavy team.  Out of 1077 offensive snaps, they ran the ball 386 times, so as a percentage, they ran the ball just 35.8% of the time, thus ranked 29th as compared to Baltimore which was at 56.0% being #1.  Now, McCaffrey was on the field for a whopping 1056 plays and 430 touches which includes 116 receptions.

DJ Moore had 135 targets last year, which was 10th best with WRs and 12th overall, (McCaffrey and Kelce). 

as to the trade, I am doing it and not looking back.  value wise, in your favor. 
Thanks for for your input and for pointing out my incorrect assumption about Carolina.  Moore is now on my roster.

Agree with the above about Carolina's offense, I don't think the offense limits DJ Moore at all.  I think Bridgewater was a good add for him too.  At the same time thought, I'm hesitant to sell low on James Connor.  Just last year, this guy was getting picked real early in drafts.  I might be in the minority, but I think the Steelers offense bounces back with a healthy Ben.  It's definitely a tough one.
Thanks.  I agree that Conner is probably being undervalued, and should have more success this season.  However, his recent injury history (missed 9 games between 2018 and 2019) and the fact that I own the top pick in the rookie draft made me comfortable enough with my RB corps to make the trade for Moore.

Users who are viewing this thread