What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Return of the Ford Bronco (1 Viewer)

welcome to the most uncomfortable car in America.  

the old Jeeps looked cool, but were the absolute worst - loud, rough drive, unreliable, unbearably cold in the winter ...ugh

First Ford I have seen that has everything in one. It looks like a camper's best friend. You can rip the top off and cruise up and down the beach here in Jupiter/Juno. It looks like you could take it cross country and even take a couple friends along. 

Nice find Otis

Zzzomg this thing looks awesome.  A long time coming, but Ford nailed it. The Jeepnerds (hi @icon) are going to be losing it, this thing just crushes the Wrangler.  Jeep is about to take a bad hammering.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33277335/2021-ford-bronco-specs-revealed/

Trying desperately to reserve one for $100 the past couple hours, this thing is all jammed up.   Website must be getting clobbered.

Who’s in?
Yeah, but how many Oreos does it hold?

First Ford I have seen that has everything in one. It looks like a camper's best friend. You can rip the top off and cruise up and down the beach here in Jupiter/Juno. It looks like you could take it cross country and even take a couple friends along. 

Nice find Otis
Not much of a find. I’ve been waiting for this launch event for ages. Good trivia fact: today’s launch was originally planned for July 9th, until Ford realized that is OJ Simpson’s birthday, and so they had to delay it a few days....

ok so i normally do not like reboots but brohans from what i see this gets the swc seal of approval take that to the bank 
They didn’t wimp out. They did it perfectly. Lots of cues to the original Broncos, awesome body look. Doors and windows come off, but the side mirrors are attached to the body not the doors so you don’t need some silly aftermarket mirrors like the Wranglers, interior styling looks awesome, awesome performance in all terrain, and rather than do the Jeep shtick where everyone has to go out and get them lifted and add bigger tires and winches etc aftermarket, Bronco is offering all that stuff from the manufacturer.  These things are going to be a mega hit. 

With my wife and I going on our 4th jeep over the years, I had contemplated holding off and taking a look at the Bronco, but Ford just kept dragging their feet.  The Bronco looks like they took the boxiness of the Toyota FJ Cruiser (had one those too) and cobbled it down to look more like a Jeep.   These look fun, but I'm more than happy with the 2020 Rubicon I'm in now.

@Otis look forward to seeing you on the trails.   :cool:

Ah, I just figured it was retro enough to make me feel old.

Mission accomplished. That was twenty-six years ago, the ride was. I was young, hopeful, and in college.

Now I'm just a sack of a man, bedraggled and gunned down by life.

/sobs

Now I can imagine how the old people felt when Dangermouse sampled While My Guitar Gently Weeps in 2004 and very few young people knew what it was.

I am so in when the second year is released.

My Uncle had the full bronco and took the top off 

I had a Bronco II love that little suv

I am so in when the second year is released.

My Uncle had the full bronco and took the top off 

I had a Bronco II love that little suv
My dad leased a Bronco II when I was in junior high, I think. He loved it. They only had a 5 digit odometer and he was an insurance salesman so he drove all the time. When he turned it in the odometer was 70k or so, except that he had already rolled it over. Didn’t have Carfax reporting so the dealer didn’t know he drove an extra 100k. He had to turn it in so that it didn’t look suspiciously low after a few years. I think it was either a little over the limit or just under.

Pretty sweet one too. Restored 1979 Traveler.
https://imgur.com/gallery/b4VVRhN

Though probably going to sell it to get the Bronco. Just want something a little more modern and more practical.  
the dad of a friend of mine growing up had one of these when we were kids. ran in to them maybe 2 years ago and wound up hanging out at the parents house. old man still has his stored in the garage.  it's his pride and joy and he had babied it to the point where it still looks new.

These things look like serious fun. I predict Ford will sell a jillion of them. 
Kind of reminds me a little of the Toyota FJ which I liked a lot but just never liked it enough to drive it everywhere. Not to act like a yuppy but we are thinking about a 3rd vehicle and there is only 2 of us int he house...but everyone else around here has 3-4 cars, and like @mr. furley has pointed out, everyone else has a bunch of toys, why not me? We might get another stimulus round, time to get a down payment on a new toy. 

Toyota FJ, Jeep, and even some of the best Element looks like it's all in there. Not sure what you call those front hooks that run along the bumper but they just scream "Please #### with Me" when you're cruising along. The Jaguar F Series, they have an SUV, think it costs like $75k+ and you would never have this much fun for like half the price but I bet one fully loaded is North of $50k. 

You're working by candlelight in the attic with 99 dalmatians running around downstairs constantly, you need something to throw everyone in the back and just let Dad do the driving...or you take that toy out alone and clear your head for a couple hours. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Zzzomg this thing looks awesome.  A long time coming, but Ford nailed it. The Jeepnerds (hi @icon) are going to be losing it, this thing just crushes the Wrangler.  Jeep is about to take a bad hammering.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33277335/2021-ford-bronco-specs-revealed/

Trying desperately to reserve one for $100 the past couple hours, this thing is all jammed up.   Website must be getting clobbered.

Who’s in?
First ad campaign needs to be Al driving OJ being chased by cops but this time they get away because they are in the new Bronco.....

NutterButter said:
Wait, that's yours?   That thing is kick ###.   No way I'm selling that to get this new bronco.  Yours is so unique.  
It's an awesome car, and so unique, and gets a million jillion thumbs up and comments from everyone.  Everyone loves it.  Random dude once offered me his wife in exchange for it, and I think he was maybe serious.  

But in the end, it's still a car from 1979.  And it drives like one.  And it rattles and squeaks and shakes.  And I'd never feel comfortable driving more than an hour or so from home in it.  And it's a pain in the neck to put the soft top on, so I just leave it off all the time and garage it, and only drive it on clear days.  It's great for smoking a cigar on my run to the local grocery store.  But otherwise a modern truck that lets me remove the roof would just be way more practical for a ton of different reasons. 

Anyway that's kind of where I am.  I love it, but it may just be time to move on.

It's an awesome car, and so unique, and gets a million jillion thumbs up and comments from everyone.  Everyone loves it.  Random dude once offered me his wife in exchange for it, and I think he was maybe serious.  

But in the end, it's still a car from 1979.  And it drives like one.  And it rattles and squeaks and shakes.  And I'd never feel comfortable driving more than an hour or so from home in it.  And it's a pain in the neck to put the soft top on, so I just leave it off all the time and garage it, and only drive it on clear days.  It's great for smoking a cigar on my run to the local grocery store.  But otherwise a modern truck that lets me remove the roof would just be way more practical for a ton of different reasons. 

Anyway that's kind of where I am.  I love it, but it may just be time to move on.
So when you got it refurbished, they didn't slap on all the comforts of a modern car?  I figured for the price tag I was seeing on some of these jobs (talking almost $200k), you'd certainly be getting that.

Was excited they were coming back but now I am disappointed in the look. As others said, looks like a cross between an FJ and Jeep. Edit: the retro look that has dominated the Big 3 US brands the last 15 years is played out too IMO.

But if others like the look, more power to you.  :thumbup:

Binky The Doormat said:
welcome to the most uncomfortable car in America.  

the old Jeeps looked cool, but were the absolute worst - loud, rough drive, unreliable, unbearably cold in the winter ...ugh
?????

I owned a Wrangler for 18 years. Yes, it was loud and rough. But otherwise you're way off here. Thing was super reliable and even with only a soft top on and living in MN, the heater would blow you right out of it. I was never cold, and I was a smoker that had the window open in 35 below.

And they went ANYWHERE. I miss that rig so much...

I owned a Wrangler for 18 years. Yes, it was loud and rough. But otherwise you're way off here. Thing was super reliable and even with only a soft top on and living in MN, the heater would blow you right out of it. I was never cold, and I was a smoker that had the window open in 35 below.

And they went ANYWHERE. I miss that rig so much...
Yeah, the heat on my wrangler was ridiculously hot... air conditioning in the summer though, there was only one setting for that: top down. 

So when you got it refurbished, they didn't slap on all the comforts of a modern car?  I figured for the price tag I was seeing on some of these jobs (talking almost $200k), you'd certainly be getting that.
For $200k, sure.  For a sub $30k car, no, it's just an old car cleaned up well.

Users who are viewing this thread