What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Return of the Ford Bronco (1 Viewer)

belljr said:
I am so in when the second year is released.

My Uncle had the full bronco and took the top off 

I had a Bronco II love that little suv
My first vehicle was a 1984 Bronco II.

likewise, loved that thing. Even in Michigan winters. This was before SUVs became a thing, or at least nearly as popular.  

I highly doubt I'll buy this one, but it looks sharp.

likewise, loved that thing. Even in Michigan winters. This was before SUVs became a thing, or at least nearly as popular.  

Yeah it wasn't really a SUV so to speak. But anyway it was great.  I had to manually lock my hubs for 4 wheel drive :)

Got a car purchase coming up next summerish since my son will have his full license to drive without an adult. He’ll be driving to school (god willing by then) and bringing his brother who starts high school that Fall and he’ll get our 2012 Highlander. My wife has always wanted a convertible but we aren’t car people with all the sports and stuff. I might have to give her my SUV and get this. I loved my last Explorer so I think I might enjoy another Ford over a Jeep, especially reliability wise.

This Bronco is very interesting.  I'm a truck guy and was thinking of getting a new small truck in the next year or two.  Been looking at the Tacoma, Ranger, Colorado/Canyon...  but I could also see a Bronco suiting my needs if I can haul some plants/mulch/soil in the back and have a way to clean it out.  

Hmm...

I’m torn on the front axle.  I haven’t done much wheelin lately, but the front seems more complicated to fix vs. a wrangler.  If you don’t go offroad, the bronco is going to be way more comfortable.  If you actually offroad, the front axle looks expensive to fix. 

offroad = break stuff

I’m torn on the front axle.  I haven’t done much wheelin lately, but the front seems more complicated to fix vs. a wrangler.  If you don’t go offroad, the bronco is going to be way more comfortable.  If you actually offroad, the front axle looks expensive to fix. 

offroad = break stuff
I am curious to hear capability and repairability comparisons in a couple years between the Bronco and Wrangler by offroad enthusiasts.  I personally never had problems with breaking stuff in my Wrangler. But I guess I was just out trying to see cool stuff, not rip #### up by going double speed on a sketchy logging trail. It was also my daily driver most of the time i had it, so I didn't want to bust it up going over the Continental Divide when I had to drive it 1000 miles home afterwards. But I did put some seriously gnarly miles on that thing. I never turned around unless it looked like there'd be clearance issues. 

I owned two different Bronco II's back in the day.. Michigan winters as well..  I loved those things.. but dangerous as hell. 

I had it on two wheels once just turning a corner too quickly.  I also loved to "bounce" the front tires off the ground.  Had a manual shift and in 1st gear I could slam the gas, let off it, slam it again and get the front tires to bounce.  Of course it ate thru driveshafts like crazy.  My old man kept asking me how I was ruining driveshafts.

So I auctioned the Scout. Sold after an extended bidding war for almost $60k

:shock:

Fully loaded new Bronco here I come  
How long ago did you get it? An early post said you had sub-30k into it I think?

Restored/modded 60’s, 70’s, 80’s SUV’s have exploded in popularity the last five years. Guess it was that era trucks for a long while but it shifted to the SUV’s. I can’t even find a decent daily driver condition of that vintage anymore where someone doesn’t want a fortune for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Restored/modded 60’s, 70’s, 80’s SUV’s have exploded in popularity the last five years. Guess it was that era trucks for a long while but it shifted to the SUV’s. I can’t even find a decent daily driver condition of that vintage anymore where someone doesn’t want a fortune for it.
No kidding.  I saw a nice looking '79 Cherokee about a week ago. I thought they might be asking 20k or so and figured I'd be a buyer in the 10-15k range if it sits for a while. Ha! Turns out they want 37k for it.  Sheesh.

No kidding.  I saw a nice looking '79 Cherokee about a week ago. I thought they might be asking 20k or so and figured I'd be a buyer in the 10-15k range if it sits for a while. Ha! Turns out they want 37k for it.  Sheesh.
What in the world made you think a nice, old ride like that might be had on the cheap?

How long ago did you get it? An early post said you had sub-30k into it I think?

Yup.  Got it about 4 years ago.  The old Broncos had already started exploding in price then, but the old Scouts were still lagging a little.  It’s a super cool and super unique truck, so I figured it would draw interest, but man, the bidding war was insane.  Had to be 4 or 5 different bidders bidding above $50k.  

The new Bronco looks pretty badass but i just don’t t trust it’s reliability. I would much rather get an FJ Cruiser.

37k? Yowza. I can get a really nice tri-five Chevy, a 67-69 Camaro, or any number of nice muscle cars for that.

Classic prices are once again crazy in the hot categories. Went to an auction a few years ago and it blew my mind how much nicely restored 60’s 21 window Volkswagen vans go for. 70~90k, sometimes 6 figures on the tv show auctions like Mecum. Just crazy but to each their own.

trogg78 said:
The new Bronco looks pretty badass but i just don’t t trust it’s reliability. I would much rather get an FJ Cruiser.
I don’t dislike the FJ, my only complaint is the roof doesn’t come off.  One of the things I always loved about the Wrangler (oh maybe the only thing, I ain’t really rock climbing anywhere) is pulling off the roof and doors on a nice day.  

trogg78 said:
Had a 2014 FJ - never been a vehicle that slipped less in snow.  A ####ing mountain goat.

My neighbors wife has the smaller bronco. Looks like crap to me. 

Im after a 72 Datsun
It is the same thing with the new Blazer. I was sitting next to one at a light and if I hadn't seen the Blazer insignia, I honestly couldn't have told it apart from any other cross-over SUV. They are so small.....

I thought it looked pretty good in the commercials but the couple I've seen locally have been very underwhelming.  And they seemed very small and short in stature compared to a JL.
Yup, I saw a couple of these out and about this week and wasn’t impressed at all. Reminded me of a little bigger Jeep Renegade. Wife wanted 1 for her next car and that’s no longer the case.

I thought it looked pretty good in the commercials but the couple I've seen locally have been very underwhelming.  And they seemed very small and short in stature compared to a JL.
Yeah, I saw one here last week and noticed it looked smallish. More along the size of the old Bronco II. Maybe that's what they were going for, idk. 

Ron Swanson said:
Pretty much echos my thoughts when I first saw one in person.

Ron Swanson said:
Full size Broncos aren't on the roads yet.  They land around July - they sold out all of the 21MY production and most of the 2022's at this point.  

The Bronco Sport has been out for 4-5 months and are selling extremely well.  

Bronco Family

Ron Swanson said:
You’ve been looking at the Bronco Sport.  The actual Bronco is huge, especially the higher end models with the upgraded packages. 

steelerfan1 said:
Yup, I saw a couple of these out and about this week and wasn’t impressed at all. Reminded me of a little bigger Jeep Renegade. Wife wanted 1 for her next car and that’s no longer the case.
Yeah, all of you guys are looking at the wrong car.  

I would normally scoff at that "cyber orange" color, but it does look pretty good, with the black top and wheels.

Guaranteed that's the "LOOK AT ME" color Otis will be ordering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread