What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty League Reset - Has anyone tried? (1 Viewer)

Gally

Footballguy
Our dynasty IDP league has been around for 15 years.  We have evolved and have a great base for the league.  It's competitive and has mostly good owners (all friends).  I like my team and am a contender but I also wouldn't mind the experience of starting over and building from scratch.  It's been 15 years after all.

I don't want a set "restart" date because then you end up with a year or two of lame duck seasons where there are no moves and it's more like a redraft.  I would like it to be a random reset and have come up with the idea of rolling a 20 sided die and if #4 comes up we reset and start over.  That is a 5% of a restart for any given year.  The roll would happen at the start of the new league season (June 1st) so you would have a couple months to prepare before the draft starts.

My problem is that many of the owners don't seem to get the concept of a restart.  They want to carry over any future draft picks acquired.  To me that defeats the purpose of a reset where everyone starts from the same starting point.  They fear they will get "screwed" having to lose their future picks.   I tried to give the example, that what about the guy that trades a future first for Saquon expecting to be able to use him for the next 3-5 years.....doesn't that guy miss out on the value he acquired in getting Saquon?  Why does he get punished by losing a first round pick in a "reset" while you get the advantage of an extra 1st round pick?  How is that fair?  I tried to explain there is only a 5% chance of any given year causing a restart (and if there is a restart we wouldn't roll again for 5 years) but that doesn't seem to matter.  I understand being against a restart because you want to just run with what you got but these guys are all for a reset if they can keep their future picks.  That is just wrong to me.

Has anybody tried a reset similar and were there any pitfalls or problems when trying to do so?  Any other thoughts or discussions on the subject of a random restart?  Pros/Cons?

Can’t see many people getting behind that plan. Sounds pretty awful to be honest. Just start a new league.
Fair enough.    What is so awful for you?  Just the restart in general?

I started this league with a buddy and it is a good structure.  I don't like leagues with people I don't know (not as much fun).  With the complicated nature of the league it's hard to find enough people to just start a new league which is why the restart seemed appealing to me. 

I understand wanting to start fresh, that is one of the drawbacks of dynasty.

You already identified the lame duck season problem. I have seen this in leagues where rule changes are approved that change scoring or starting requirements. The league will make moves with those changes in mind. They usually have a year before the rules are implemented.

I think the best solution is for you to start a new league but maintain your league as it is.

Its possible that there is no NFL season this year. if that is the case, then maybe more people would be interested in starting over from scratch if that happens.

If everyone is active, restart would be a joke & I'd leave. If most are inactive, I get the idea, but just replace them & do a dispersal draft for those teams.

I just had 4 openings in my dynasty league. Decided we are going to do a dispersal draft of those 4 rosters since they were mostly bad. I still have to fill 2 of the 4 slots, but will do the draft once filled then the league can do the rookie/FA draft as normal.

Anyone looking to join a PPR dynasty league? Hosted on ESPN. $25 per owner. No IDP or team DEF & no kickers.
I guess I am missing this point and why it would be a joke.   What is the harm in starting fresh if all the owners are good and you have been at it for 15 years already?  Sure you lose your current roster but you now have a shot at players you never had a shot at before and can build again.  Why is that a joke?  I just don't understand why this is such a bad idea.  I have a team that will compete for the title.  I am not suggesting this because I am in a bad spot. 

I just thought it was an interesting wrinkle to keep a league fresh. 

I guess I am missing this point and why it would be a joke.   What is the harm in starting fresh if all the owners are good and you have been at it for 15 years already?  Sure you lose your current roster but you now have a shot at players you never had a shot at before and can build again.  Why is that a joke?  I just don't understand why this is such a bad idea.  I have a team that will compete for the title.  I am not suggesting this because I am in a bad spot. 

I just thought it was an interesting wrinkle to keep a league fresh. 
It's completely unfair to teams with rosters built to win now who have been making moves for years setting up their window for now only to have the league reset

Honestly it's unfair to rebuilding teams as well who have just sold and stockpiled picks/young talent

It's completely unfair to teams with rosters built to win now who have been making moves for years setting up their window for now only to have the league reset

Honestly it's unfair to rebuilding teams as well who have just sold and stockpiled picks/young talent
This wouldn't just be sprung on everyone saying we are doing it this year.  It would be starting in a year or two as far as the dice roll so everyone is aware of the possibility.  How is that unfair?  Everyone knows what could happen.  It is the same for everyone and you can account for the possible restart as you see fit.   It would be a 5% chance each year. 

I can understand not liking the idea but I don't see how it is unfair.

Count me among those who are having a hard enough time judging a season with COVID and no college football for next year's rookie draft, never mind a reset for reasons that seem arbitrary. 

Count me among those who are having a hard enough time judging a season with COVID and no college football for next year's rookie draft, never mind a reset for reasons that seem arbitrary. 
This is for a future year implementation.  Not this year. 

Just start a new league.  I would quit a league if someone tried that.  I say draft better if you don't like your team.

This is for a future year implementation.  Not this year. 
No, I know. The dice roll is a 5% chance. It seems, like others said, very unfair to those that built teams and waited for a few years to be competitive or that had a shot but traded for future picks to restock. It's like you're wasting those teams' windows. But you seem to like the idea...

Just start a new league.  I would quit a league if someone tried that.  I say draft better if you don't like your team.
I like my team.  It is not about that.  It is about doing a start up draft again with this group of guys and trying to figure out a way to do it without a lame duck year.

No, I know. The dice roll is a 5% chance. It seems, like others said, very unfair to those that built teams and waited for a few years to be competitive or that had a shot but traded for future picks to restock. It's like you're wasting those teams' windows. But you seem to like the idea...
The dice roll wouldn't even start for a couple of years so people could take that into consideration. 

I like my team.  It is not about that.  It is about doing a start up draft again with this group of guys and trying to figure out a way to do it without a lame duck year.
Why would you want to do that if you are keeping all the same owners?  It defeats the whole dynasty concept.

Why would you want to do that if you are keeping all the same owners?  It defeats the whole dynasty concept.
The league has evolved rules wise over the last 15 years an dit seems like it would be interesting to do a startup draft again based on how things have evolved.    It's just an out of the box idea.  Nothing more or less.   I just wondering if anybody had any experience with something like this.

I get it if you don't like it from a dynasty perspective. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If the NFL decided to reset and put all the players into a pool to be drafted in snake order by randomly drawn organizations, is that fair?

Totally new league--resets draft picks, players, salaries, everything

How is it fair to the Chiefs, Ravens, 49ers, Saints who have built their teams to win now?

How is it fair to the Dolphins who just got their franchise QB and a bundle of young talent with a stockpile of future picks left to build the rest of their team?

If the NFL decided to reset and put all the players into a pool to be drafted in snake order by randomly drawn organizations, is that fair?

Totally new league--resets draft picks, players, salaries, everything

How is it fair to the Chiefs, Ravens, 49ers, Saints who have built their teams to win now?

How is it fair to the Dolphins who just got their franchise QB and a bundle of young talent with a stockpile of future picks left to build the rest of their team?
I get what you are saying but this is a fantasy football league.  It's supposed to be for fun and a diversion.  It's not life threatening.  I get you don't like it.  I just don't see that if everyone knew it was going to happen and could value whatever they do based on that possibility as being unfair. 

I don't necessarily want new guys.  I want to do a startup draft again after 15 years...….Midlife crisis I guess....hahaha
So the easiest solution would be to add a new league, same owners if enough are willing to do so. If not fill new league with new owners.

You have a good thing going, dont rock the boat on that.

I think the idea is interesting and don't mind the random reset.  Seems like I am on an island with that though. 

ETA:  For me I don't really want another league and that might be why I don't have an issue with this while most of you seem to just be fine with joining another league to get the start up experience.

If everyone was on board with doing a start-up, would you do one with them? I take it your answer is a "no."

This sounds worse by the moment.

Her bikini: small

Heels: tall

She said. She liked. The ocean. 

(That's apropos of nothing, but this seems to be a universally bad idea).

Like others have mentioned, if it's about enjoying the startup and getting a chance at guys you really dont have a chance to get right now, then I would keep this league, and get most or all of the owners in that league to start a new league with a startup and any other times and scoring changes you want. You get to keep this long lasting league going and start fresh in another.

I think the idea is interesting and don't mind the random reset.  Seems like I am on an island with that though. 

ETA:  For me I don't really want another league and that might be why I don't have an issue with this while most of you seem to just be fine with joining another league to get the start up experience.
Yes this is the thing. If you don't want more than one team, and many fantasy players feel the same, just not as much on these boards, then that makes your perspective different. That's fair. 

I was in a league once with a staff member from FBG here and we all agreed to disband the league. Theoretically there is no reason we couldn't have just started over. But it was a league that had got to the point where it was soooooo top heavy with the top 2 teams that it was really kind of broken. The quality of ownership was a major factor. 

Fundamentally if you get your leaguemates to agree, then nothing any of us say matters at all. But for me I don't think a reset is out of the question *if* the competitive balance is super jacked and *if* league members agree. For me. 

I think I get where you're coming from, Gally. I founded a local Contract Dynasty League that is entering it's 20th Season this year. For several years now, I, and others, have tossed around the idea of bringing this League to a close, and starting over from scratch.

Way back in 2000-2001, Dynasty Leagues were just becoming a thing. The co-Founder and I had been invited be part of an online startup the year before, and had enjoyed it so much, we decided to bring the format local. We each played in several local season-long and keeper Leagues, and there were plenty of other buddies that were in one or more of them (all bar/restaurant people), and we hand-selected a 'best of the best' 14 Owners from about a half-dozen Leagues to be part of our initial Disbursal Auction, guys who we felt had the passion to make this thing work for an extended period of time. 

While some of these guys had been playing FF of some sort all the way back to the late 80's, early 90's, most of it was pretty simplistic. Things like performance /yardage scoring, flex and ppr were nascent. Contract/Contract Cap? Yeah, right. Huh? There was only one Auction League, so only the guys who were members of that League had prior Auction experience, and across 14 Owners, our sum total of Dynasty experience was the one year each that the co-founder and I had had running our Teams in that online startup. Most of them were playing by the seat of their pants, figuring it out as they went along, but we selected well. There were a few defections after year one, but we still have 7 Original Owners + 2 that have been there since Year 2. Man, have we come a long way since.

Here's a prime example: for the initial Player Disbursal Auction, every Owner had $1000 Fantasy Bucks to spend. The catch was, whatever you didn't spend in the auction became a tradeable asset whose primary purpose was to spend in the subsequent Season's RFA Auction, in addition to a small yearly disbursal, and those accounts rolled over yearly. Most of the guys spent like there was no tomorrow, but some were wiser, and a few were quite frugal. It didn't take more than a few Seasons for everyone to figure out that Fantasy Cash is King in this League, and he who has the gold, rules. Almost all the consistently successful Teams from about Year 4 - Year 12 were those who were either wise or lucky enough to come out of that initial Auction with lots of FB, and figured out the value of  those FB increased over time. That's the most common complaint - wouldn't have spent like a drunken sailor, if I knew the ramifications down the road. Now, 19 full Seasons under our belts, there's been plenty of time to correct that, provided that one has the discipline to build a cash reserve, but there are guys who'd love a fresh start with the trove of knowledge they've compiled over almost 2 decades.

We've come a long, long way since then, and every year a few voices pipe up regarding what it would be like to start from scratch had we all known then what we know now. I might personally take a different tactic - I wasn't sure it would survive, and if so, for how long, so I played 'win now' out of the gate, won the first year, placed a heavy emphasis on 'the future is now' for the 1st few years, and then couldn't bring myself to go into a rebuild for several years, and remained mediocre for much longer than I should have, before biting the bullet.

I don't know how you could pull this thing off without giving people a window of a Season or 2, to tie up loose ends - you know, revise strategies with a longer event horizon to account for the end date. Otherwise, I think a lot of Owners would be upset. Especially playing for a boatload of $$$, like we do.

This could turn into a great discussion. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

I think I get where you're coming from, Gally. I founded a local Contract Dynasty League that is entering it's 20th Season this year.

This could turn into a great discussion. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out.
Thanks for the response.  Much of what you said about starting over with what you know now is exactly what I am talking about.  

I was hoping for more ideas and discussion (which may still come) but from the initial response it seems I suggested committing a mortal sin.....hahahha

The idea was to start rolling the dice a few seasons from now so everyone would be aware and can decide how they want to value present vs future building.  With only a 5% chance of restart i didn't think it should change anything but input says otherwise.  I mean there is a very good chance the league goes for 10 more years with no restart.   Unfortunately it seems like half the league feels the same as most here and voted against it so it won't be happening.  I still like the idea as I don't see folding up and starting over as the end of the world.  Plusses and minuses for either way.  It just seemed like a fun idea.

Really I started this thread to see if anybody has done something like this.  So far, i guess not.

I can’t imagine wanting to do something, having the ability to do it, and then leaving it up to a 5% chance dice roll. 

Or having a bunch of league mates who don’t want to do it, but go along with the dice idea since they assume the roll will never force a change. Then the change actually happens and they are all angry. 

You and the guys in your league either want to reset or not, don’t complicate it. 

I’m a fan of Paul Charchian’s league format (Empire) that resets in the event that a team wins consecutive titles. If someone can do this it might indicate a competitive imbalance. Fixing this is one positive, and you can also make a side pot for the winner that could make things interesting. I think switching to this format could help invigorate stale leagues that might be in danger of folding.

That said, my home leaguemates quickly rejected any notion of a reset when I brought it up a while back.

My fundamental view of fantasy leagues is that the joy is in the competition and rules that make leagues more competitive should be favored. This is the one value of re-draft. You start again on equal footing each year and have to rpove yourself, or fall short, all over again. I have learned, though, that this is not the common view. Most, at least good fantasy players, want to build an edge over time and hold that advantage by smart moves, forever if possible. I get that. To me its frustrating if you can't do it and kind of boring if you can. I also like dynasty far better, but that means sacrificing the short term to win over the long haul. Because they generally made wise moves to build an advantage, it is hard for people who have sacrificed for their future to agree to have their built up advantage cut off. 

One thing is sure, it is totally unfair to start over while giving some teams draft pick advantages while taking away player advantages others built instead and have fought just as hard to bring to their team. 

The pretty easy answer, for me, is to look at your rules. What percentage of votes do you need to change and add your 'start over' rule? Can you get that kind of majority to change. If yes, try it. If no, stick with what you have (and start another league if you want to). I can see the value of both approaches, and think that whatever the league wants should be what you do. Its not life or death and either you can talk enough team owners into it or not. Your feelings and vote are no more important than theirs.

My fundamental view of fantasy leagues is that the joy is in the competition and rules that make leagues more competitive should be favored. This is the one value of re-draft. You start again on equal footing each year and have to rpove yourself, or fall short, all over again. I have learned, though, that this is not the common view. Most, at least good fantasy players, want to build an edge over time and hold that advantage by smart moves, forever if possible. I get that. To me its frustrating if you can't do it and kind of boring if you can. I also like dynasty far better, but that means sacrificing the short term to win over the long haul. Because they generally made wise moves to build an advantage, it is hard for people who have sacrificed for their future to agree to have their built up advantage cut off. 

One thing is sure, it is totally unfair to start over while giving some teams draft pick advantages while taking away player advantages others built instead and have fought just as hard to bring to their team. 

The pretty easy answer, for me, is to look at your rules. What percentage of votes do you need to change and add your 'start over' rule? Can you get that kind of majority to change. If yes, try it. If no, stick with what you have (and start another league if you want to). I can see the value of both approaches, and think that whatever the league wants should be what you do. Its not life or death and either you can talk enough team owners into it or not. Your feelings and vote are no more important than theirs.
This would definitely go to a league vote before instituting.  I wasn't insinuating that I would just force to league to it.  Our league accepts and votes on new league rules at the beginning of the new league rule.  It takes a majority of owners to approve a new rule change.  Something like this would never just be added.  I was hoping to get some input from leagues that may have something similar in place on how it works and what the plusses and minuses are.

I believe your take on owners believing they have built an advantage over the years is a probably the biggest obstacle.  To me I see it as just a diversion and want things to be competitive and don't care if I were to lose that perceived advantage after 15 years.  I like the idea of having to start over but I don't want another league (that is the impetus for asking the question).   I get the easy answer is to just join a new league.  Just trying to think outside the box here. 

Fair enough.    What is so awful for you?  Just the restart in general?

I started this league with a buddy and it is a good structure.  I don't like leagues with people I don't know (not as much fun).  With the complicated nature of the league it's hard to find enough people to just start a new league which is why the restart seemed appealing to me. 
for me it defeats the whole purpose of a dynasty league. It seems you want the "excitement" of a new start up draft without having to add another league. I think it would set a bad precedent as every time some one gets bored or doesn't like their team they'll call for a restart.

for me it defeats the whole purpose of a dynasty league. It seems you want the "excitement" of a new start up draft without having to add another league. I think it would set a bad precedent as every time some one gets bored or doesn't like their team they'll call for a restart.
If the proposal was passed it would go into the bylaws that after X number of years we would begin the dice roll.  So if there was a restart, there would be no chance of a restart for X years (not sure the right number, 5 yrs, 10 yrs?...…...although the majority here say never..haha) .  Then a 5% chance every year until it happens.  It wouldn't be up for anybody to just say we are restarting this year because they feel like it.

The dynasty aspect is still there it just allows for the start of a new league every X years at a 5% chance.  Like I said not for everyone.  It was just an idea.

I believe I was a little harsh on the idea of a reset and I apologize.  After thinking it over I still wouldn't be interested in that and probably wouldn't stay in a dynasty league that voted it in, but I respect the thinking outside the box.

I’m a fan of Paul Charchian’s league format (Empire) that resets in the event that a team wins consecutive titles. If someone can do this it might indicate a competitive imbalance. Fixing this is one positive, and you can also make a side pot for the winner that could make things interesting. I think switching to this format could help invigorate stale leagues that might be in danger of folding.

That said, my home leaguemates quickly rejected any notion of a reset when I brought it up a while back.
Interesting idea.  I think back to back is a little too quick but a three peat seems like a good parameter. 

Interesting idea.  I think back to back is a little too quick but a three peat seems like a good parameter. 
What stops me, a floundering team, from trading any asset I have to the repeater from last year in hopes of them 3 peating 

edit: in general I think this kind of an idea would completely destroy your trading. Why would I try to build for the future if I could basically be told I just donated a year or two so we can restart? 

Since your league voted this down, it appears you would completely destroy the good thing you have going with all good owners should you either push the issue further or somehow get some kind of a weird rule in place that could result in a reset. Just enjoy the good league you have and be thankful for it 

Since your league voted this down, it appears you would completely destroy the good thing you have going with all good owners should you either push the issue further or somehow get some kind of a weird rule in place that could result in a reset. Just enjoy the good league you have and be thankful for it 
This thread was started to see if anybody has done this at if so what worked or didn't work.  It's a discussion thread.  The issue isn't being pushed in the league.  It was put up for vote and it failed to get enough votes.  End of story for the league but it doesn't stop a discussion thread here to see if anything worthwhile comes from it.

edit: in general I think this kind of an idea would completely destroy your trading. Why would I try to build for the future if I could basically be told I just donated a year or two so we can restart?
I would hope that your league was competitive enough to prevent someone from winning three straight titles (if not maybe it should reset).    I would also think that trading would be increased as teams tried to prevent the champ from winning for a third straight time. 

Well the only way I can see you getting what you want is if everyone in your league agrees to the reset. You have already said that owners do not want to do that.

You are the only person in this dynasty league who seems to want to start over. You have to consider what the other owners want as well.

I don't see any way that I can help you to convince them that starting over is a good idea. Its dynasty. Each decision has long term implications. Hell I make trades at times thinking 2 years ahead, to disrupt all of that planning on what seems like mostly a whim, that is not dynasty to me and what your group wants to play is dynasty right? Even if you did restart, you want that to have long term implications on the league right??

The most fair thing to all parties is to not make changes unless a majority of the owners want to make the change. You have already said they don't.

If you like the 5% chance of a reset each year then start a new league with that rule in place. See how many people want to play in a format like that.

Just being honest, I wouldn't. I could just play redraft instead.

Why don't you want to start another league? Seriously this is the best solution for all involved.

If everyone is active, restart would be a joke & I'd leave. If most are inactive, I get the idea, but just replace them & do a dispersal draft for those teams.

I just had 4 openings in my dynasty league. Decided we are going to do a dispersal draft of those 4 rosters since they were mostly bad. I still have to fill 2 of the 4 slots, but will do the draft once filled then the league can do the rookie/FA draft as normal.

Anyone looking to join a PPR dynasty league? Hosted on ESPN. $25 per owner. No IDP or team DEF & no kickers.
i'm out.

This thread was started to see if anybody has done this at if so what worked or didn't work.  It's a discussion thread.  The issue isn't being pushed in the league.  It was put up for vote and it failed to get enough votes.  End of story for the league but it doesn't stop a discussion thread here to see if anything worthwhile comes from it.
Yeah I think in general this is an idea that most people wouldn’t want to participate in. Thats what redraft, contract, and keeper (limited years) leagues are for. 

I think I get where you're coming from, Gally. I founded a local Contract Dynasty League that is entering it's 20th Season this year. For several years now, I, and others, have tossed around the idea of bringing this League to a close, and starting over from scratch.

Way back in 2000-2001, Dynasty Leagues were just becoming a thing. The co-Founder and I had been invited be part of an online startup the year before, and had enjoyed it so much, we decided to bring the format local. We each played in several local season-long and keeper Leagues, and there were plenty of other buddies that were in one or more of them (all bar/restaurant people), and we hand-selected a 'best of the best' 14 Owners from about a half-dozen Leagues to be part of our initial Disbursal Auction, guys who we felt had the passion to make this thing work for an extended period of time. 

While some of these guys had been playing FF of some sort all the way back to the late 80's, early 90's, most of it was pretty simplistic. Things like performance /yardage scoring, flex and ppr were nascent. Contract/Contract Cap? Yeah, right. Huh? There was only one Auction League, so only the guys who were members of that League had prior Auction experience, and across 14 Owners, our sum total of Dynasty experience was the one year each that the co-founder and I had had running our Teams in that online startup. Most of them were playing by the seat of their pants, figuring it out as they went along, but we selected well. There were a few defections after year one, but we still have 7 Original Owners + 2 that have been there since Year 2. Man, have we come a long way since.

Here's a prime example: for the initial Player Disbursal Auction, every Owner had $1000 Fantasy Bucks to spend. The catch was, whatever you didn't spend in the auction became a tradeable asset whose primary purpose was to spend in the subsequent Season's RFA Auction, in addition to a small yearly disbursal, and those accounts rolled over yearly. Most of the guys spent like there was no tomorrow, but some were wiser, and a few were quite frugal. It didn't take more than a few Seasons for everyone to figure out that Fantasy Cash is King in this League, and he who has the gold, rules. Almost all the consistently successful Teams from about Year 4 - Year 12 were those who were either wise or lucky enough to come out of that initial Auction with lots of FB, and figured out the value of  those FB increased over time. That's the most common complaint - wouldn't have spent like a drunken sailor, if I knew the ramifications down the road. Now, 19 full Seasons under our belts, there's been plenty of time to correct that, provided that one has the discipline to build a cash reserve, but there are guys who'd love a fresh start with the trove of knowledge they've compiled over almost 2 decades.

We've come a long, long way since then, and every year a few voices pipe up regarding what it would be like to start from scratch had we all known then what we know now. I might personally take a different tactic - I wasn't sure it would survive, and if so, for how long, so I played 'win now' out of the gate, won the first year, placed a heavy emphasis on 'the future is now' for the 1st few years, and then couldn't bring myself to go into a rebuild for several years, and remained mediocre for much longer than I should have, before biting the bullet.

I don't know how you could pull this thing off without giving people a window of a Season or 2, to tie up loose ends - you know, revise strategies with a longer event horizon to account for the end date. Otherwise, I think a lot of Owners would be upset. Especially playing for a boatload of $$$, like we do.

Hey Nittany!  Long time.  I was one of the founding members of the BCCDL.  At the same time, a buddy and I liked the BCCDL contract concept so much that we started another contract league with a few rule tweaks.  I can honestly say, that because of the rule tweaks (and possibly other reasons), our league is still alive and thriving. I see no need for a league reset as it is as competitive as it has always been.  I can definitely share our league website (with rules) in a PM, but because there are actual names listed there, I don’t want to post on the message board.  

Well the only way I can see you getting what you want is if everyone in your league agrees to the reset. You have already said that owners do not want to do that.

You are the only person in this dynasty league who seems to want to start over. You have to consider what the other owners want as well.

I don't see any way that I can help you to convince them that starting over is a good idea. Its dynasty. Each decision has long term implications. Hell I make trades at times thinking 2 years ahead, to disrupt all of that planning on what seems like mostly a whim, that is not dynasty to me and what your group wants to play is dynasty right? Even if you did restart, you want that to have long term implications on the league right??

The most fair thing to all parties is to not make changes unless a majority of the owners want to make the change. You have already said they don't.

If you like the 5% chance of a reset each year then start a new league with that rule in place. See how many people want to play in a format like that.

Just being honest, I wouldn't. I could just play redraft instead.

Why don't you want to start another league? Seriously this is the best solution for all involved.
The vote was actually 6 to 6.  Split down the middle.   

I wouldn't force this on a league that didn't want it.  I was mainly looking for discussion to see if anybody has done anything Ike it before.  As far as starting another league I just don't have the time or desire for another league.

Users who are viewing this thread