What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Football Beta Test Help Please - New Rate My Team (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hi Folks,

Could I please ask for your help here? I know this is the FFA, but if you folks have any interest in fantasy football, I'd appreciate your help if you have a second.

We are beta testing a new version of our Rate My Team.

You can see it here

We know for sure there are things that are glitchy or might not work or most importantly, might not be clear on how to use.

We haven't yet styled the email and words that will be generated after you submit the teams so it won't look right this minute. Hope to have that dialed in today. 

At this point, please don't worry about if you disagree with the results. That's fine tuning. For now, I just want to be able to see if people can use it.

Please post here how it goes and be as detailed as possible on what you're seeing or having trouble with. 

Thanks a ton. 

Last edited by a moderator:
https://fbgcloud.footballguys.com/ratemyteam/report/e13eea2d-54dc-4bb5-85db-0dfaae53283c?utm_source=copiedlink&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=sharedreport

I have used the RMT frequently in the past just to get a sense of where I am.  This one didn't seem much different than the old one, but it does have a nicer feel to it.  I like the first page of entering team data a little more than the old, but I didn't notice how customizable it is.  No ability to enter TE premium or specialty scoring?  Maybe I missed it, and maybe it doesn't really matter for the purposes of what you are trying to accomplish with this.

The player entry on the second page looked good and was easy to use.  No issues there.  Just as easy as the old one. 

The report at the end was nice.  I like the bar graph.  The other chart, cant remember the name of it, doesn't really do much for me, but some might find it helpful.  It might be helpful to have that chart compared against that chart of proven winning formulas, if that makes any sense, to see where my team might differentiate from recent championship teams.  (think FBG championship team or FFPC championship team)

Those are my initial thoughts.  Overall, the RMT is more of an indulgence as I don't know how much it really helps.  Being able to set it to specific staff members would also be cool.  I know there are a lot of people who put more stock into some of the staff rankings than others.

Looks good overall, Joe.  Thanks for doing it.

I tried (from my phone) and it just sat spinning on the Generate Report screen.  Not sure if on my end but I probably waited 30 seconds

ill try again later

Ok it worked this time

question:  no option for 6 pt or 4 pt QB TD?

No real issues, seemed like sometime when I searched I could just click the players name to add them, other times I’d have to hit DONE on my keypad to close it, and then pick the players name

https://fbgcloud.footballguys.com/ratemyteam/report/794e4ef1-5558-41ca-91d4-63eec5ff7617?utm_source=copiedlink&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=sharedreport

Things it did really well

- love the natural language it uses 

- noticed I had Wilson, carson and Lockett and made observations about the hookup when talking about each. The last one even said "again, ..." which looks so natural nice job on that

- love the player by player summary at the end. the pictures are a nice touch and make it look more professional even though it's not functionally useful, but the content about each player is worth the time to enter it. 

- smart call to action to get people to share this by url although it's annoying that I can't copy/paste 

- love adding the 'with great in season management you have x percent chance of making the playoffs, you should subscribe". A little ham fisted, but smart.

Things I would want

- league settings - or remove anything about how many points advantage I get from player x. 

- import team (or copy/paste entire team into a big text box)

- gets a bit repetitive with some recommendations (can't copy/paste but read the part about my rb depth)

- if you can't import player names then try to make them  easier to enter, especially guys like T.Y. Hilton. You have to enter t period y before it finds him (could do Hilton I guess). Minor annoyance but it will impact a lot of users who are already mildly annoyed that they can't import. Maybe change his name to TY (T.Y.) Hilton? I imagine the same is true for the AJ receivers and maybe others. 

- not sure if you have a simple API to scrape links from the homepage but this is your advertisement so instead of just a link to join, maybe have links to subscriber content saying "subscribe to get access to great articles like (top ten articles from homepage)". Just a different way to get the call to action out there

- it's not clear to me why it says ADP value chaser at the top - I assume that you have different scripts based on the type of team (I'm light on studs but deep with decent veterans in a 14 team dynasty). Maybe if that linked to definitions of some of the types of team you have? 

- no idea why you have a B with a circle around it at the top of the page. Is that my grade? My first initial? Does it correlate with adp value chase? 

Overall I like it but don't think I would do it for multiple teams without an import feature. Just too much work. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
I entered a team from a mock draft I did a few days ago.  I used the old Rate My Team then, so I have seen both with this roster.  Everything seemed to work just fine for me (working on laptop connected to wifi).  I like the addition of the pictures.  Not that they provide any valuable information, but they add a little to the aesthetics.  I was mildly annoyed by the advertisements to join and to share the report, but I get it, it's a business.  It claims to "use your league settings", but all that can be defined is the starting line up requirements.  The old allowed for scoring rule adjustments.  Why lose this if custom reports are the desired goal.  The team analysis is dramatically different compared to a few days ago with the old RMT.  

- if you can't import player names then try to make them  easier to enter, especially guys like T.Y. Hilton. You have to enter t period y before it finds him (could do Hilton I guess). Minor annoyance but it will impact a lot of users who are already mildly annoyed that they can't import. Maybe change his name to TY (T.Y.) Hilton? I imagine the same is true for the AJ receivers and maybe others. 
I went into this annoyed I had to enter my team instead of linking it to MFL.  But when I started entering the names, I found it really clean and accurate.  Just typing the last name, or even sometimes partial last name, gave great results.  That's not always easy, so kudos on that.

One thing I noticed that was lacking is the ability to go back to the previous screen.  I realized I forgot our 2nd flex, so I clicked back on my browser to re-enter.  Surprisingly it remembered the players I entered.  I see some users wanting a back button instead of using browser.

Biggest thing for me is the lack of league scoring setup. Think you're going to lose a lot of guys by not giving them the option to tweak.

Generating the report never happened - it just continued to clock.

stuck on generating report for 4+ minutes   from laptop wired to router - no response issues with any other site or any other page on FBG site

entering names was simple, I did not miss an import feature, but i'm only entering 1 team.  If I was in multiple leagues and expecting to create multiple reports that may have been a  different matter

did it from my laptop 

it worked fine

it would be great if it would prompt you for qb, rb, rb, the correct number of bench spots etc. I have no idea if i actually filled out what I said were the roster requirements as I was just spitballing a team I had last year in a 2qb league. I did enter a D, K, TE, etc and had a starter at every position,  but I also  left a handful of bench spots completely empty.  HTH

Ran it on my mobile (iPhone) - Only issue was as I searched for players to select you either had to click to the far left or right on the name of get the keyboard off the screen and then you could click anywhere on the name.

Pro tip for player search: Use D'Andre Swift's last name; or, DAndre.

Two minutes in and still waiting on report generation. I see I'm not alone.

Not sure how it will skew ratings (if at all), but a lot of people don't roster kickers and defenses in the offseason. For Enquiring minds, I'm rocking the Colts and Ravens but no kicker.

I'll need to see the rules and roosters of all teams in the league.

Also, PMs aren't working because I'm not getting the error message.

Your starting Running Back group is a strength, particularly Christian McCaffrey as a 1st Running Back. We figure them at a combined 19.75 points per game better than an average opponent in this league. Our projections have McCaffrey ranked 1st and Saquon Barkley ranked at #2.

Tough to do better than Ezekiel Elliott at RB3; he's a likely flex starter. Alvin Kamara is also a very nice RB4. We love Derrick Henry as a 5th Running Back.
A bit of an understatement

Nice work here. We like all your starting Wide Receivers, as our projections indicate that they give you a combined 11.88 point-per-game advantage over an average opponent in this league. Michael Thomas is our #1 ranked Wide Receiver, Davante Adams is #2, and we have Julio Jones 3rd.

Tough to do better than Tyreek Hill at WR4. DeAndre Hopkins will also be among the best WR5s in the league.

We might suggest adding a bit more depth here. See the end of the report for some suggestions on who to pick up.
:lmao:

AAABatteries said:
Ran it on my mobile (iPhone) - Only issue was as I searched for players to select you either had to click to the far left or right on the name of get the keyboard off the screen and then you could click anywhere on the name.
Which generation of iPhone are you running the app on? 

Thanks AAABatteries. If I'm reading that right tapping on the center of a player's name doesn't git rid of the keyboard, but it works fine when tapping on either the far left or right of the player's name?

ok... I've used this before, along with your great draft dominator app. I've said this before- but my favorite part is inputting the team right after using the draft dominator and having the rate my team function tell me my team sucks. love that.

as for the task at hand...

on my Pixel 3a- no problem inputting the players manually... actually really clear, especially with the color coding by position.

but it's been spinning generating my report... for the last few minutes. appears stuck.

ok... I've used this before, along with your great draft dominator app. I've said this before- but my favorite part is inputting the team right after using the draft dominator and having the rate my team function tell me my team sucks. love that.

as for the task at hand...

on my Pixel 3a- no problem inputting the players manually... actually really clear, especially with the color coding by position.

but it's been spinning generating my report... for the last few minutes. appears stuck.
still spinning. will try it on my laptop.

Hey guys, I've just done a release to address the issue some of you were having with the reports not loading. Please try again now. In the top bar of the site, it needs to report at least v2.0.24 next to the Rate My Team logo. If you see anything less than that, please try clearing your browser cache (https://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/) or try in an incognito window. Thanks!

Thanks AAABatteries. If I'm reading that right tapping on the center of a player's name doesn't git rid of the keyboard, but it works fine when tapping on either the far left or right of the player's name?
The searched seemed to work great.  Once I see the name I want I would expect to be able to click on it directly.  On my phone I can either click to the far left or right to select OR get the keyboard to close and then click on the name.  I will add an image shortly that should hopefully explain it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/RlApwBX

On this image if I click Julio it doesn’t add him unless it’s far left or right or get the keyboard off the screen 

Worked as advertised for me.  This is great.  Like the write ups and added strength of schedule.  

Users who are viewing this thread