What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another New Feature - Wisdom Of The Crowds Rankings (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hey Folks,

I'm excited about this new feature. Please give it a look and let us know what you think. 

Wisdom Of The Crowds

You vote on a pair of players and see the results. Then you can see rankings for the position. 

I don't know of any audience or crowd I'd put more faith in than you folks. 

Please let us know what you think. 

I assumed redraft as when I was making a couple of picks with dynasty in mind, I was surprised with a couple results.  And would agree, what scoring?   

Obj over juju community?  Last year juju was a top 3 guy!

67% for David Johnson over 33% CEH???  That's it, I'm done trusting your guy's wisdom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obj over juju community?  Last year juju was a top 3 guy!

67% for David Johnson over 33% CEH???  That's it, I'm done trusting your guy's wisdom.
Not sure what you're seeing there. 

Wisdom of Crowds has Edwards-Helaire RB19 and David Johnson RB20 https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/wisdom-of-the-crowds-rankings.php?pos=rb

Our Staff rankings has Johnson RB20 and Edwards-Helaire RB21 https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/viewrankings.php?viewpos=rb&type=redraft-ppr&howrecent=21

Not sure on that. This is community rank after a ton of votes. With them at RB20 and RB21. https://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/wisdom-of-the-crowds-rankings.php?pos=rb

Where would you rank David Johnson and Edwards-Helaire?
I only play dynasty so I have CEH rounding out the top ten and Johnson doesn't even crack the top 25.  In redraft they're closer, mostly because I expect CEH (and every rookie really) to start slowly this year.  To me Johnson is cooked and will hopefully be one of the reasons O'Brien gets fired.

I only play dynasty so I have CEH rounding out the top ten and Johnson doesn't even crack the top 25.  In redraft they're closer, mostly because I expect CEH (and every rookie really) to start slowly this year.  To me Johnson is cooked and will hopefully be one of the reasons O'Brien gets fired.
For sure. This is for Redraft. I see that in a big way for Dynasty. We need to make sure people don't think this is for dynasty. I'll add something there just to be safe.

For sure. This is for Redraft. I see that in a big way for Dynasty. We need to make sure people don't think this is for dynasty. I'll add something there just to be safe.
Why not have questions for both? Why always going all in for redraft? Would be easy to add qualifiers at the top (SF, PPR/STD, Redraft, Dynasty, etc) 

Why not have questions for both? Why always going all in for redraft? Would be easy to add qualifiers at the top (SF, PPR/STD, Redraft, Dynasty, etc) 
We might be able to do both in the future. For now, we are starting with Redraft as that's what the vast majority of our customers play. It's another example of how the Shark Pool is very different from our average customer. You guys are the power users!

For now, it is redraft. It's also PPR. We need to be clear on that too. 

We might be able to do both in the future. For now, we are starting with Redraft as that's what the vast majority of our customers play. It's another example of how the Shark Pool is very different from our average customer. You guys are the power users!

For now, it is redraft. It's also PPR. We need to be clear on that too. 
Thanks. I assumed redraft as I was using it because some of the choices were obvious redraft. 

I suppose I wouldn’t want a non dynasty person voting in a dynasty “who would you rather draft.”

This has endless possibilities for you guys, hope it catches on

Wouldn't the scoring system be relevant here?
Scoring system and format as well.

makes a huge difference if dynasty or redraft. 

but since you could just assume redraft, scoring system would be hugely helpful. Even better if you could toggle certain metrics (like the FBG “rate my team” feature. 

That said I still went through and voted on like 20 of them.  Fun toy for sure.

A few times it seemed like ADP was off. Will I really be choosing between Juju & Kupp? That was the 1st one I landed on and thought Juju was 1. The no-brainer & 2. Could probably get Kupp a round later. Maybe I haven’t looked at ADP recently enough. 

still - fun rabbit hole to dive down. Thanks for the toy, FBG! 

This has endless possibilities for you guys, hope it catches on
Thanks. Hoping too it catches on. Thanks for being part of it. This thing really will be what you guys do with it. We had 50,000 plus votes the first day. If you keep that up, it'll be a useful tool. I can see it being used in season with "Who do I start?"

Could also have some fun crowd stuff with voting on over under points totals for games and such. You guys are wise and there are a lot of you. Could be fun. 

Thanks. Hoping too it catches on. Thanks for being part of it. This thing really will be what you guys do with it. We had 50,000 plus votes the first day. If you keep that up, it'll be a useful tool. I can see it being used in season with "Who do I start?"

Could also have some fun crowd stuff with voting on over under points totals for games and such. You guys are wise and there are a lot of you. Could be fun. 
WDIS would be huge. Just look at the weekly Bloom thread in here in-season

sportsline has had a very similar WSIS thing for years. But they don’t bother to tell you the scoring system, so it’s not really that useful.

one thing they introduced that’s pretty cool is allowing users to enter their own WSIS pairing. 

If you had options for PPR & non-PPR I could see it being much more functional than what CBS has been doing.

Also some O-Flex matchups would be cool  for the WSIS, since it’s not always WR/WR OR RB/RB. 

Totally been waiting for this to come back!! Kind of like a weekly ADP. Sure there's a lot of scoring variances that play in to these kind of decisions, but same holds true for ADP. Sooner or later, it doesn't make that big a difference and you have to draw the line in the sand. 

The GUI upgrade is definitely welcome (Pics!!) as is the Pros vs Joes comparison

Users who are viewing this thread