What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DHS intends to broaden use of CBP, ICE agents to arrest protesters nationwide (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcintyre1

Footballguy
Felt like this deserves its own thread, given the extraordinary nature of what's happening.

Article from John Marshall explaining how DHS is justifying the use of CBP & ICE teams detaining US citizens by grabbing them off the street into unmarked vans and disappearing them.

NPR Interview w/ Cuccinelli

CUCCINELLI: Well, we are - we welcome - the more investigations, the better. With as much lawbreaking is going on, we're seeking to prosecute as many people as are breaking the law as it relates to federal jurisdiction. That's not always happening with respect to local jurisdiction and local offenses. But, you know, this is a posture we intend to continue not just in Portland but in any of the facilities that we're responsible for around the country.

It was a pretty quiet Friday, but every Friday this administration does something ####ty, welcome to this weeks edition. What is the matrix going to come up with next? Hilldog for VP?

what are they arresting people for?
don't know for sure, but it sounds like probably vandalism or some crimes against federal properties or suspicion there of is the federal justification.

and then there is violence against and injury to, federal agents, which couldn't happen if they weren't there.

and they are not wanted there. the mayor, governor have demanded they leave.

it's also reported some are never told why they are arrested, just taken away questioned and released.

also reported the OR attorney general is investigating criminal charges against fed agents who shot a protester with his hands up in the head with nonlethal munitions causing critical injury.

it's going to get worse.  read yesterday that trump was touting a federal crackdown in liberal cities and said "we're not supposed to, they are supposed to call 1st, but they don't call".

As Marshall explains in the blog post linked above, the legal pretext appears to be that the Federal Protection Service, which is under DHS, is charged with protecting Federal buildings. They’re trying to gin up some sort of crisis (a list that the DHS Secretary released consisted entirely, I #### you not, of instances of Federal buildings being graffitied) and then deputizing other DHS agencies like CPB and ICE to help out. 

As for the people being detained, there doesn’t seem to be much pretext, and in fact some people have reported that as soon as they invoked their rights they were let go, which makes it sound like pure intimidation tactics

figured these were the same guys from the Bureau of Prisons, maybe these guys are new.  Space Force is up next

sad and amazing that 23 hrs. in this thread is still on page 1.

and it's not because the topic is getting any play at all in The trump Years thread. it's not.

oh well, the lawless, violent, armed, outside agitators are federal agents.  but that's ok.

GRAFFITI !!!!!!

song said:

and it's not because the topic is getting any play at all in The trump Years thread. it's not.

oh well, the lawless, violent, armed, outside agitators are federal agents.  but that's ok.

GRAFFITI !!!!!!
I mean, what is there to say? This is clearly awful and none of the Trump supporters/apologists will defend it.

song said:

GRAFFITI !!!!!!
Outrage fatigue. When I heard about what they are doing, my first thought was "Of course they are." Short of Kent Stating everybody, nothing these goons do surprises me. And part of me is like "Hey, keep doing it." This is going to be a huge failure on their part and the more they turn people against them, the bigger the ### kicking is going to be in November. And it needs to be a massive ### kicking in November all the way down the ballot.

I mean, what is there to say? This is clearly awful and none of the Trump supporters/apologists will defend it.

Outrage fatigue. When I heard about what they are doing, my first thought was "Of course they are." Short of Kent Stating everybody, nothing these goons do surprises me. And part of me is like "Hey, keep doing it." This is going to be a huge failure on their part and the more they turn people against them, the bigger the ### kicking is going to be in November. And it needs to be a massive ### kicking in November all the way down the ballot.
yeah, i get what is there to say and outrage fatigue.  was concerned this was somehow not even being noticed and to me it's maybe top 20 or 30 of outrageous awfulness.

song said:

GRAFFITI !!!!!!
The "best" you'll get out of this is a "boff sidez!!!!!!!!" type of argument using hacked up new definitions of words.  There really IS no legit argument for this action...none.

ETA:  Should have scrolled a couple posts before posting this :lmao:  

Last edited by a moderator:
song said:
don't know for sure, but it sounds like probably vandalism or some crimes against federal properties or suspicion there of is the federal justification.

and then there is violence against and injury to, federal agents, which couldn't happen if they weren't there.

and they are not wanted there. the mayor, governor have demanded they leave.

it's also reported some are never told why they are arrested, just taken away questioned and released.

also reported the OR attorney general is investigating criminal charges against fed agents who shot a protester with his hands up in the head with nonlethal munitions causing critical injury.

it's going to get worse.  read yesterday that trump was touting a federal crackdown in liberal cities and said "we're not supposed to, they are supposed to call 1st, but they don't call".
Portland mom's made the exterior of the protest last night just standing there and they got gassed and fire-banged.

https://twitter.com/UnderAGraySky/status/1285146051230367744

That’s the tip of the iceberg.  City councilwoman was gassed last night. Protesters riding their bikes tackled on the street, local journalists arrested constantly...

I haven’t protested for a while due to some injuries and not having insurance, but I think I’m going to head back down this week since there is a good second wave happening.

A bunch of my friends who live in Philly said the rioting and looting stopped weeks ago. All it has been recently are peaceful protests. Why is Trump calling for federal agents to go there?

JFC. Of all the worrisome, illegal, treasonous,  moronic bull#### that has gone on the last 4 years, this is the worst. We aren't just on the road to fascism, we're in the HOV lane with the speedometer pegged and the driver just smoked 3 joints, snorted 2 giant lines and chugged a fifth of Everclear.

JFC. Of all the worrisome, illegal, treasonous,  moronic bull#### that has gone on the last 4 years, this is the worst. We aren't just on the road to fascism, we're in the HOV lane with the speedometer pegged and the driver just smoked 3 joints, snorted 2 giant lines and chugged a fifth of Everclear.
I’m calling it right now: The 2020 extended metaphor contest is over. Sorry, other competitors, but you’re not topping this

Looks like Donnie and Barr got their Gestapo/SS force going now. I'm sure that's getting him votes arresting Portland soccer moms

Im sure all the well regulated militia's are ready to end this tyranny. I mean federal forces operating in our cities?

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Im sure all the well regulated militia's are ready to end this tyranny. I mean federal forces operating in our cities?
Is this where I get to make the observation that a lot of these guys are, in actuality, unimaginitive, insecure cowards capable of little more than big talk and weapon acquisition? Their conviction in standing up to federal agents begins and ends in their testosterone- and gunpowder- fueled fantasies.

I wonder how many cops are trying to figure out how to sign up for this.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Looks like Donnie and Barr got their Gestapo/SS force going now. I'm sure that's getting him votes arresting Portland soccer moms

Just in time for the election, a convenient time to have troops in every major city.

Isn’t it the Federal Governments job to protect federal property?  
Yes. That is the legal pretext the Administration is invoking. But the notion that you need to deputize other departments as reinforcements to stop graffiti is ridiculous, and suggests that Trump is provoking confrontation because he thinks it will help him politically (although I think he’s wrong about that)

Isn’t it the Federal Governments job to protect federal property?  
How far away from federal property should unidentified federal troops be allowed to go in defense of that property?

10 feet? 100 feet? How about a warrantless house-to-house search of surrounding neighborhoods? It's OK as long as it's in the name of "protecting federal property," right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread