What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Sold about 20% of my position @3.03.  What I have left is what I got early on at .29 and .63.  Not quite free rolling with those but real close.  

@fred_1_15301

I'm used to healthy skepticism so no problem, I've worked with many stats guys in my career but not in the medical field so I was not sure what was the most appropriate method. I looked at several examples using the Excel TTest but I'd rather find the official method for drug trials. I think I'll also move to R as that is a more robust stats package ( and I don't have access to SAS anymore ). I'd like to know how they are currently calculating the p value as it seems there are a lot of differing opinions at current and I could not find a specific example or guidance from either FDA or NIH docs. If anyone else has any info, let me know as well. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just quoting from Yahoo board.  I don't know the formula for figuring this out.  From what else I have read, I think the p-value would be higher and not SS in the first scenario.  But it would be SS in the 2nd scenario.
My calculated p-value was a little higher but I don't know what test they used and what alpha level they set.  I also don't have access to SAS at the moment so I was just relying on an online calculator.  However, I was in the ballpark of the result that they found (just a little higher).

@fred_1_15301

I'm used to healthy skepticism so no problem, I've worked with many stats guys in my career but not in the medical field so I was not sure what was the most appropriate method. I looked at several examples using the Excel TTest but I'd rather find the official method for drug trials. I think I'll also move to R as that is a more robust stats package ( and I don't have access to SAS anymore ). I'd like to know how they are currently calculating the p value as it seems there are a lot of differing opinions at current and I could not find a specific example or guidance from either FDA or NIH docs. If anyone else has any info, let me know as well. Thanks!
There are a lot of considerations that would determine the appropriate statistical test (which in turn is used to calculate the p-value).  It depends on what the outcome variable is (e.g. continuous vs categorical) - in this case it's proportion who died in placebo vs LL.  It depends on what type 1 error (i.e. alpha or false positive rate) the investigator wants to set a priori.  It depends on whether or not they're adjusting for multiple comparisons.  It depends on one-sided vs two-sided.  It depends on the distribution of the outcome variable and the standard errors (which may dictate the need to transform the data or run a parametric vs non-parametric test).  It depends on sample size. 

It's really hard to replicate what a random guy on yahoo did without having more information but the fact that I got somewhat close is a good sign.   

BTW - I know I'm nerding up this thread right now so I'll stop.  Show me the money!

This from a poster on Yahoo.

Fox News On Harris’s show speaking with Dr Sapphire - Fox News Medical Advisor and Dr Markary of Johns Hopkins University Hospital.
While discussing the greatly reduced mortality rate in the treatment of CV19, Harris asks “does everybody have access to the better (read efficacious) drugs? Dr Markary replies “well monoclonal antibodies are ironically going to probably to get approval, this week, next week or the following week, and its really a coincidence that that’s the week where the president may need a candidate for something like that ..

Could also be referring to regeneron, lilil, and hgend?

I guess the question I have is “Should the P-value hold so much weight in regulatory decision making?”
Yes, I have the same thought. It's a good indication that you are seeing something different but to only depend on that as a single gatekeeper is a bit facile. I think I did see other articles like this: [https://bitesizebio.com/26743/3-common-myths-about-p-value-alternatively-never-ever-rely-on-it-for-data-interpretation/]

Another one: [https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6169785/] When the Alpha is the Omega: P-Values, “Substantial Evidence,” and the 0.05 Standard at FDA

that illustrate that point.

Gotta love that the first thing he uses is something like LL. Why isn’t he taking Hydrochoronique or Remdesivir?

Not to get political but it’s ####### ridiculous that so many people have died on his watch and he doesn’t take the stuff that his admin has been pumping for months. Despicable and the folks at FDA should be ashamed as well. Downplaying the pandemic instead of pushing forward trials of all these antibodies is legitimately criminal. So many people died who could have been part of all of these trials months ago.

I’m sure his cronies were part of the last 10 minutes of trading and before. 110k of the 900k shares traded were in the last 5 minutes of trading. Looks like the first article was posted at closer to 4:30 after the market closed. So predictable. 

stbugs said:
Gotta love that the first thing he uses is something like LL.
Regeneron is not "something" like leronlimab aside from being a mab.  There are hundreds of mabs and they are not all similar.  Regeneron's cocktail and the Lilly's mab are anti-virals.  They are good to use at the beginning of a Covid infection when you want to combat the virus.  Leronlimab is an immunomodulator that is good to use when things have progressed to the point where it is no longer a viral issue but is an immunological issue.  Covid is far more an immunological issue than a viral issue. 

Leronlimab is not in competition with either Regeneron or Eli Lilly's mab.  They can work in concert.  One first and then the other.  So use Regeneron or Lilly's mab early and use leron when things get bad. 

Regeneron is not "something" like leronlimab aside from being a mab.  There are hundreds of mabs and they are not all similar.  Regeneron's cocktail and the Lilly's mab are anti-virals.  They are good to use at the beginning of a Covid infection when you want to combat the virus.  Leronlimab is an immunomodulator that is good to use when things have progressed to the point where it is no longer a viral issue but is an immunological issue.  Covid is far more an immunological issue than a viral issue. 

Leronlimab is not in competition with either Regeneron or Eli Lilly's mab.  They can work in concert.  One first and then the other.  So use Regeneron or Lilly's mab early and use leron when things get bad.  You would think with all of the condescending disrespect you have sent that you would understand things better, Truther.
Lol. Still the same ###. “Like” was a general statement of something that’s still not approved for use. Get it? It’s a general statement that he’s taking things that the general public cannot while he’s been plugging other stuff that’s been shown not to work. Lauding that crazy lady doctor pushing hydrochloroniqye for example. Amazing how people like you can get so warped and not actually understand what they read. You were already to pounce and reply. You see LL in my post and couldn’t wait to reply like a petulant child who’s not listening to an adult so they blurt out a reply before the adult has finished proving that they couldn’t possibly have actually listened to the entire post.

Truther? I don’t even own CYDY anymore. So bizarre.

You’re on ignore so I won’t even bother reading that one. Maybe I used LL as an example because I’m in this thread. Nah, couldn’t be. Going back to sleep. I’ll save you a piece of the brisket I just put on if you’ll stop replying to me. Adios and have a goodnight!

They gave him a cocktail of everything,  including remdesivir and other experimental drugs, except LL.  

No one with decision making authorization knows about LL,  or maybe it's being blackballed.  

Best bet may be overseas. They don't have enough money to get noticed in DC.

They gave him a cocktail of everything,  including remdesivir and other experimental drugs, except LL.  

No one with decision making authorization knows about LL,  or maybe it's being blackballed.  

Best bet may be overseas. They don't have enough money to get noticed in DC.
The Regeneron cocktail was surprising to everyone but it is supposed to be more effective early on than leronlimab.  Im not surprised that he went with a BP drug if an experimental one and it may have also made the most sense for his condition.

Remdesiver has EUA so as things are progressing, also not surprising.

It would have been almost shocking that he be given leronlimab, I wouldn't read too much into this.

stbugs said:
Gotta love that the first thing he uses is something like LL. Why isn’t he taking Hydrochoronique or Remdesivir?

Not to get political but it’s ####### ridiculous that so many people have died on his watch and he doesn’t take the stuff that his admin has been pumping for months. Despicable and the folks at FDA should be ashamed as well. Downplaying the pandemic instead of pushing forward trials of all these antibodies is legitimately criminal. So many people died who could have been part of all of these trials months ago.

I’m sure his cronies were part of the last 10 minutes of trading and before. 110k of the 900k shares traded were in the last 5 minutes of trading. Looks like the first article was posted at closer to 4:30 after the market closed. So predictable. 
Other than being a monoclonal antibody, the drug Trump received is nothing like leronlimab. And hydroxychloroquine doesn't work. He is taking remdesivir though.

ETA NM, I see Don Hutson set the record straight. 

Other than being a monoclonal antibody, the drug Trump received is nothing like leronlimab. And hydroxychloroquine doesn't work. He is taking remdesivir though.

ETA NM, I see Don Hutson set the record straight. 
SMH. I meant something not FDA approved, while having pushed stuff that hasn’t worked as well. This is the LL thread and I even mentioned “pushing forward trials of all these antibodies.” Also do you not recall him lauding that crazy alien doctor pastor who pumped hydroxychloroquine? That was also something pumped by his cronies a bunch. I’m not sure why my post was so hard to read as not really being about LL but about us being 6 months into people still dying in the hundreds per day and the second Trump gets sick there’s no issue taking a non-FDA approved drug. If you don’t get the hypocrisy, oh well.

SMH. I meant something not FDA approved, while having pushed stuff that hasn’t worked as well. This is the LL thread and I even mentioned “pushing forward trials of all these antibodies.” Also do you not recall him lauding that crazy alien doctor pastor who pumped hydroxychloroquine? That was also something pumped by his cronies a bunch. I’m not sure why my post was so hard to read as not really being about LL but about us being 6 months into people still dying in the hundreds per day and the second Trump gets sick there’s no issue taking a non-FDA approved drug. If you don’t get the hypocrisy, oh well.
I think Trump knows little about science, preferring to "trust his gut" for many decisions. Although the scientific plausibility for Regeneron's antibodies is far more straightforward than leronlimab, ultimately I suspect Trump pushed for it because he has connections with somebody in the company, and was swayed by their sales pitch. 

And for the record, I think Trump's nonstandard care was unwarranted, but we'll never know how he'd do if treated like every other covid patient.

I think Trump knows little about science, preferring to "trust his gut" for many decisions. Although the scientific plausibility for Regeneron's antibodies is far more straightforward than leronlimab, ultimately I suspect Trump pushed for it because he has connections with somebody in the company, and was swayed by their sales pitch. 

And for the record, I think Trump's nonstandard care was unwarranted, but we'll never know how he'd do if treated like every other covid patient.
Of course the cynic in me notes that USA Today broke an article that Trump's old tax returns show a financial interest in both Regeneron and Gilead for Trump.  They noted that it is unknown if that financial interest still exists today or not.

FreeBaGeL said:
Of course the cynic in me notes that USA Today broke an article that Trump's old tax returns show a financial interest in both Regeneron and Gilead for Trump.  They noted that it is unknown if that financial interest still exists today or not.
There was speculation on the Trump Gilead connection as soon as Remdesivir was approved.

Conservative radio host. Likely doesn't have a clue about pharmacology. Does have a decent sized conservative following (or at least he did about 20 years ago. My right wing buddy/roommate used to listen to him all the time back then).
Michael Savage is smarter than your average conservative talk show host.  He has masters degrees in anthropology and botany and a PhD in nutritional ethnomedicine.  He has a large and dedicated audience.  Dr Been and Dr Drew also have been posting positive things about leronlimab over the last few days to their large audiences.  I was already thinking that this was going to be a good week for CYDY's stock price.  Endorsements from Dr Been, Dr Drew, and Michael Savage should help even more.

• Love
Reactions: JAA
I think the weekend was overall good for Cytodyn.   Experimental drugs getting in the news and a little buzz about leronlimab on twitter.

The Dr Jay reaching out to Savage on Twitter was a little embarrassing though.  It really shows how badly connected they are that their CMO is desperately reaching out to a talk show host hoping to get  a link to the President.

The Dr Jay reaching out to Savage on Twitter was a little embarrassing though.  It really shows how badly connected they are that their CMO is desperately reaching out to a talk show host hoping to get  a link to the President.
Trump does listen to conservative media personalities so it was worth a try.  Savage is buddies with Trump.  Fox News' Dr Janette Nesheiwat is still promoting leronlimab and her sister is Deputy Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Homeland Security & Resilience so she has Trump's ear.  If Trump decides that he wants to take leronlimab, he isn't above pushing the FDA to grant it an EUA.

Trump said this on Saturday:

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/donald-trump-video-transcript-from-walter-reed-medical-center-with-covid-update

If you look at the therapeutics, which I’m taking right now, some of them, and others are coming out soon that are looking like, frankly, they’re miracles, if you want to know the truth. They’re miracles. People criticize me when I say that, but we have things happening that look like they’re miracles coming down from God,

Michael Savage's tweets from today:

1:59pm PST

I, DR. MICHAEL SAVAGE (M.S., M.A., PH.D.) AUTHOR OF APPROX 28 BOOKS WILL CEASE POSTING ANY AND ALL MEDICAL SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES ON SOCIAL MEDIA. HAVE LEARNED THE AVERAGE TWEETER DOES NOT KNOW DOES NOT WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT REAL SCIENCE. REJECTS LEARNING ALTOGETHER.
8:30pm PST

am now deleting all the scientific articles i so carefully gathered for you- no more.. like trying to teach science in a prison
8:44pm PST

look at all the self-deluded fools on here who call themselves 'conservatives' -they are more akin to AMERICAN ISIS- destroyers of knowledge and learning.
All of the Covid stuff, including leronlimab, is now gone from his Twitter page.

The anti-CYDY crew goes after anyone who supports leronlimab on social media.  Similar to many bullies, Michael Savage can dish out the disrespect but he can't take it.
Is this a normal thing to have a group like this trying so hard to drive the company and stock into the ground?  Does HGEND have a group like this?

CYDY could be good for a  short term trade this week, assuming no bad news comes out around EUA in the interim

Dr Seethmraju presents at the anti viral conference in the next few days.  Seeing that there should be scientists and doctors in attendance to listen to him, maybe they can parlay that into some good PR

CYDY could be good for a  short term trade this week, assuming no bad news comes out around EUA in the interim

Dr Seethmraju presents at the anti viral conference in the next few days.  Seeing that there should be scientists and doctors in attendance to listen to him, maybe they can parlay that into some good PR
Dr Seethmumbler presents at 11:20am-11.35am EST on Wednesday, October 7th.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/150dhoKJ_ARRG2MIq3Yhjbi-Ecof5i4o0/view

Users who are viewing this thread