What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Nader's shadiness is why I won't be surprised if Tuesday's Conference Call has good news.
I doubt it. If it was good news, he'd tell us today because for once he'd fulfill a promise. Tuesday is another puff call to keep investors hooked. He's a master at dangling the carrot. How he handled the m/m... building it up, trickle truths with the results, saying they applied for EUA and then saying they never did.  

I used to believe him. He had reasonable doubt with me for awhile, but that's long gone now. 

I lost money selling today, but I hate being invested in a CEO I don't trust. I believe CYDY has potential so I'll be looking to jump in before the S/C is finished. 

My old man is going to hold. He's in for 1000 shares at $1.10, it's not going to impact his lifestyle either way. LOL.

I love that this is still going, even with Chet MIA.

I really wanted to throw some cash into this back in the Spring, but I'm very conservative by nature and something in my head was telling me not to pull the trigger. So I didn't. Obviously felt pretty silly when this thing hit $10.

Boiler Room has been on the movie channels the last week or so.  And when I watch it, i just can't help but think of this thread. Obviously CYDY isn't a complete and total scam like the fake companies in the movie, but man does the whole chain of events here (especially with Chet gone now. Is there an actual reason for this?) seem insanely fishy.

I think they will need to change their endpoint if the trial continues, this may be part of the "path forward"

Im really not expecting EUA anytime soon or approval in any other country anytime soon.  I'm not sure what countries are even seriously interested.  If the UK was so interested, you would think they would ramp up trials.

If the UK was so interested, you would think they would ramp up trials.
The S/C trial seems to have been halted since at least September 30th.  When there were questions whether HGEN would do an interim analysis, Dr Javitt said they wouldn't do one because they would have to halt the trial for a month while it happened.  So maybe CytoDyn was forced to halt it to do the interim analysis.  Another possibility is that they are going to unblind the S/C trial in order to sell product immediately.  There wouldn't be much reason to continue the trial especially considering that there are far fewer deaths with the SOC now than when the trial started so the second half of the trial wouldn't produce as good of results as the first 195 patients.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odds tomorrow’s call reveals any real news?

My thoughts... 

ambiguous NP salesmanship-  1 in 1

bad news- 1 in 10

good news- 1 in 50

we’re gonna be rich- 1 in 1000

The S/C trial seems to have been halted since at least September 30th.  When there were questions whether HGEN would do an interim analysis, Dr Javitt said they wouldn't do one because they would have to halt the trial for a month while it happened.  So maybe CytoDyn was forced to halt it to do the interim analysis.  Another possibility is that they are going to unblind the S/C trial in order to sell product immediately.  There wouldn't be much reason to continue the trial especially considering that there are far fewer deaths with the SOC now than when the trial started so the second half of the trial wouldn't produce as good of results as the first 195 patients.
I don't like you Don.  You convince me to sell one day and they buy the next.

CytoDyn Receives Positive DSMC Recommendation after Interim Analysis for Leronlimab Phase 2b/3 COVID-19 Registrational Trial

October 20, 2020 6:00am EDT

https://www.cytodyn.com/newsroom/press-releases/detail/477/cytodyn-receives-positive-dsmc-recommendation-after-interim

DSMC recommends CytoDyn continue the study as planned, with the protocol defined sample size and power to achieve the primary endpoint

DSMC also requests another data review when enrollment reaches 293 patients (75%) to analyze all data, including survival rate at 42 days

VANCOUVER, Washington, Oct. 20, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CytoDyn Inc. (OTC.QB: CYDY), (“CytoDyn” or the “Company"), a late-stage biotechnology company developing leronlimab (PRO 140), a CCR5 antagonist with the potential for multiple therapeutic indications, announced today recommendations from the Data Safety Monitoring Committee (DSMC) following its review of the interim analysis of the Company’s Phase 2b/3 registrational trial in patients with severe-to-critical COVID-19. The interim analysis was performed on data from the first 195 (50%) of 390 planned patients.

The DSMC had three recommendations to consider following its review of the interim analysis:

Stop the trial due to safety concerns;

Continue the trial with modification (i.e., increase the sample size to maintain the power to achieve the primary endpoint); or

Continue the study as planned, with the protocol defined sample size and power to achieve the primary endpoint.

The DSMC recommends the trial continue without modification to achieve the primary endpoint and requests another interim analysis when enrollment reaches 75% level (or 293 patients) to review patient mortality and other clinical outcome data between the two study arms (leronlimab vs. placebo). Trial enrollment is currently at 230 patients. The Company is working diligently to accelerate patient enrollment in the U.S. and U.K. to achieve the enrollment goal of 293 patients as quickly as possible (potentially in 4-6 weeks), with the goal of full enrollment (390) before year end. Clinical trial sites in the U.K. are expected to initiate enrollment in the coming days.

CytoDyn’s Phase 2b/3 trial to evaluate the efficacy and safety of leronlimab for patients with severe-to-critical COVID-19 indications is a two-arm, randomized, double blind, placebo controlled, adaptive design multicenter study. Patients are randomized to receive weekly doses of 700 mg leronlimab, or placebo. Leronlimab and placebo are administered via subcutaneous injection. The study has three phases: Screening Period, Treatment Period, and Follow-Up Period. The primary outcome measured in this study is: all-cause mortality at Day 28. Secondary outcomes measured are: (1) all-cause mortality at Day 14, (2) change in clinical status of subject at Day 14, (3) change in clinical status of subject at Day 28, and (4) change from baseline in Sequential Organ Failure Assessment (SOFA) score at Day 14.

CytoDyn’s President and Chief Executive Officer, Nader Pourhassan, Ph.D., stated, “We are grateful to the DSMC members for their diligence, guidance and support. We are very pleased by the DSMC’s recommendation and this encouraging interim analysis adding to the promising data already demonstrated with emergency INDs in over 60 severe and critical COVID-19 patients. Concurrently, we are seeking ongoing guidance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and regulatory agencies in other countries for a swift regulatory approval pathway for leronlimab to treat COVID-19.

During today’s webcast, we will discuss in depth all of our priorities dedicated to advancing leronlimab as a therapeutic for COVID-19 and all of the opportunities that could be available to us in the coming months.” Dr. Pourhassan added, “We look forward to providing additional information during today’s webcast.”

CytoDyn Receives Positive DSMC Recommendation after Interim Analysis for Leronlimab Phase 2b/3 COVID-19 Registrational Trial

October 20, 2020 6:00am EDT

https://www.cytodyn.com/newsroom/press-releases/detail/477/cytodyn-receives-positive-dsmc-recommendation-after-interim

DSMC recommends CytoDyn continue the study as planned, with the protocol defined sample size and power to achieve the primary endpoint

DSMC also requests another data review when enrollment reaches 293 patients (75%) to analyze all data, including survival rate at 42 days

VANCOUVER, Washington, Oct. 20, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CytoDyn Inc. (OTC.QB: CYDY), (“CytoDyn” or the “Company"), a late-stage biotechnology company developing leronlimab (PRO 140), a CCR5 antagonist with the potential for multiple therapeutic indications, announced today recommendations from the Data Safety Monitoring Committee (DSMC) following its review of the interim analysis of the Company’s Phase 2b/3 registrational trial in patients with severe-to-critical COVID-19. The interim analysis was performed on data from the first 195 (50%) of 390 planned patients.

The DSMC had three recommendations to consider following its review of the interim analysis:

Stop the trial due to safety concerns;

Continue the trial with modification (i.e., increase the sample size to maintain the power to achieve the primary endpoint); or

Continue the study as planned, with the protocol defined sample size and power to achieve the primary endpoint.

The DSMC recommends the trial continue without modification to achieve the primary endpoint and requests another interim analysis when enrollment reaches 75% level (or 293 patients) to review patient mortality and other clinical outcome data between the two study arms (leronlimab vs. placebo). Trial enrollment is currently at 230 patients. The Company is working diligently to accelerate patient enrollment in the U.S. and U.K. to achieve the enrollment goal of 293 patients as quickly as possible (potentially in 4-6 weeks), with the goal of full enrollment (390) before year end. Clinical trial sites in the U.K. are expected to initiate enrollment in the coming days.

CytoDyn’s Phase 2b/3 trial to evaluate the efficacy and safety of leronlimab for patients with severe-to-critical COVID-19 indications is a two-arm, randomized, double blind, placebo controlled, adaptive design multicenter study. Patients are randomized to receive weekly doses of 700 mg leronlimab, or placebo. Leronlimab and placebo are administered via subcutaneous injection. The study has three phases: Screening Period, Treatment Period, and Follow-Up Period. The primary outcome measured in this study is: all-cause mortality at Day 28. Secondary outcomes measured are: (1) all-cause mortality at Day 14, (2) change in clinical status of subject at Day 14, (3) change in clinical status of subject at Day 28, and (4) change from baseline in Sequential Organ Failure Assessment (SOFA) score at Day 14.

CytoDyn’s President and Chief Executive Officer, Nader Pourhassan, Ph.D., stated, “We are grateful to the DSMC members for their diligence, guidance and support. We are very pleased by the DSMC’s recommendation and this encouraging interim analysis adding to the promising data already demonstrated with emergency INDs in over 60 severe and critical COVID-19 patients. Concurrently, we are seeking ongoing guidance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and regulatory agencies in other countries for a swift regulatory approval pathway for leronlimab to treat COVID-19.

During today’s webcast, we will discuss in depth all of our priorities dedicated to advancing leronlimab as a therapeutic for COVID-19 and all of the opportunities that could be available to us in the coming months.” Dr. Pourhassan added, “We look forward to providing additional information during today’s webcast.”
Thoughts on this Don?

I don't see it as good news.

Thoughts on this Don?

I don't see it as good news.
Bad news.  No EUA and they aren't going to pay the penalty to unblind.  If I still owned, I would put in a market order to sell before open.  They did add another carrot to dangle with another interim analysis at 75% enrollment.  It's also interesting that they'll look at survival at 42 days.  Maybe some placebo patients died in days 29-42?

Bad news.  No EUA and they aren't going to pay the penalty to unblind.  If I still owned, I would put in a market order to sell before open.  They did add another carrot to dangle with another interim analysis at 75% enrollment.  It's also interesting that they'll look at survival at 42 days.  Maybe a few more placebo patients died in days 29-42?
By itself, this is not bad news.  It is expected news.  People who see this as bad news are the people looking to flip it. 

What IS concerning is the fact they still have NO revenue and they need to continue several trials they are working, and that is a huge issue.  At the current rate, they will be out of money by the end of the year.

Which means likely dilution at a minimum.  I think the best news they could give today is a buyout, but what price would they get at this point?  I still think NP is too stubborn to do this, but the writing is on the wall on this drug.  There is no chance they make it to market without some help.

This is all just my opinion.  Still hoping for the best possible outcome for shareholders.  

Long-term it’s good news. The drug appears to be working or they would have cancelled the trial. Short-term, probably won’t really make a difference one way or the other. Not sure how it could be construed as bad news unless somebody was hoping to hit the jackpot tomorrow and that was just never realistic. 

By itself, this is not bad news.  It is expected news.  People who see this as bad news are the people looking to flip it. 

What IS concerning is the fact they still have NO revenue and they need to continue several trials they are working, and that is a huge issue.  At the current rate, they will be out of money by the end of the year.

Which means likely dilution at a minimum.  I think the best news they could give today is a buyout, but what price would they get at this point?  I still think NP is too stubborn to do this, but the writing is on the wall on this drug.  There is no chance they make it to market without some help.

This is all just my opinion.  Still hoping for the best possible outcome for shareholders.  
Hoping personally for a buyout at 10-12 range?

CYDY is up in Stuttgart.  $2.58 Euros which is $3.05 USD
I know you read the investorshangout board as well.  There are a couple people there spinning it as excellent news.  I agree with the sentiment, but I still don't see where the money comes from unless it is from dilution or a buyout.

I know you read the investorshangout board as well.  There are a couple people there spinning it as excellent news.  I agree with the sentiment, but I still don't see where the money comes from unless it is from dilution or a buyout.
If it works, the money will come from somebody. If the drug can help with covid it’s not just going to be set aside. 

They are spinning it.  There are also people on Investor's Hangout who think Nader is the best CEO ever.  Some of them talk about CYDY the way a bible thumper talks about Jesus.  Results from the 75% interim analysis will come in February at the earliest but could come in March-May.  But if there was no EUA or unblinding with the 50% interim, then there isn't much chance with the 75%.  We probably aren't going to find out any data until full enrollment.  Those results will probably come in the summer of 2021.

So I am clear, the bad news is that CYDY didn't receive EUA and the results from the interim analysis weren't so unbelievably good that they stopped the trials.  Correct?  Beyond that I see this as good news in that they didn't stop or modify the trial.  This is kind of what I was expecting honestly.  Don't see this as bad news, just not great news.

So I am clear, the bad news is that CYDY didn't receive EUA and the results from the interim analysis weren't so unbelievably good that they stopped the trials.  Correct?  Beyond that I see this as good news in that they didn't stop or modify the trial.  This is kind of what I was expecting honestly.  Don't see this as bad news, just not great news.
Exactly right. 

1. Stop the trial due to safety concerns;
What do they mean by this?  Do they mean stop the trial because too many deaths in the placebo group... in the LL group?  or both?  Do they mean some other safety issue?  

The lack of clarification is troubling.  What was there reasoning for including this sentence in the list of recommendations?  And since it is number 1 does that mean it is their first recommendation?  

I expect a boat load of spin in the webcast.  

What do they mean by this?  Do they mean stop the trial because too many deaths in the placebo group... in the LL group?  or both?  Do they mean some other safety issue?  

The lack of clarification is troubling.  What was there reasoning for including this sentence in the list of recommendations?  And since it is number 1 does that mean it is their first recommendation?  

I think this.

ETA, but obviously LL is safe, so this was probably not considered.

Stopping the trial because of deaths in the treatment arm was an option that the DMSC had.  But we know the leronlimab is 100% safe so that wasn't going to happen.

So some of you think this isn't bad news because you were expecting bad news.  I guess if you set your expectations low enough that you'll never receive bad news.

So some of you think this isn't bad news because you were expecting bad news.  I guess if you set your expectations low enough that you'll never receive bad news.
No, I was literally expecting this. I think it will get some kind of approval the first half of next year. 

I just sold half of my remaining at $3.00.  It won't be long until people realize they are waiting until Feb/March for more news.  And I doubt that uplisting is in the cards, as they never talk about that anymore.

An EUA not being granted isn't the only bad news.  The trial not being halted for efficacy shows that leronlimab isn't an amazing drug against Covid.  It might still be a good drug against Covid.  But it lost some of its ceiling.

An EUA not being granted isn't the only bad news.  The trial not being halted for efficacy shows that leronlimab isn't an amazing drug against Covid.  It might still be a good drug against Covid.  But it lost some of its ceiling.
I just don't understand why they wouldn't take an early peak.  If NP is so sure....

The only thing I can think of is that they are afraid of what the results will show.

Users who are viewing this thread