What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread*** (5 Viewers)

LOL, I think you’re missing my point. I don’t think it’s worth cluttering the thread with a back and forth. Good luck with CYDY. 
I wasn’t missing at all, you stated about other drugs companies that had better drugs and failed.  I just though you had data that I can use to make informed decisions.  No need to pull back.  I am data driven, nothing personal.  Please show me.

Some positive news just came through the wire.  UK is allowing Cytodyn to file a BLA for HIV

https://www.cytodyn.com/newsroom/press-releases/detail/480/u-k-mhra-clears-cytodyn-to-file-its-bla-for-leronlimab-as
Based on the PR and I also speak Nader, it means they can file a BLA. Doesn't mean it will be approved. Also how long will it take them to prepare the BLA along with the necessary data (some that was missing with the US BLA)? Could be months. Hopefully their newest hire can help get these BLAs moving.

Based on the PR and I also speak Nader, it means they can file a BLA. Doesn't mean it will be approved. Also how long will it take them to prepare the BLA along with the necessary data (some that was missing with the US BLA)? Could be months. Hopefully their newest hire can help get these BLAs moving.
For sure, allowed to file, its a small step in the right direction.

You are right, they need to be able to pull it together better than they did with the FDA but perhaps with more experience, this one will be cleaner.

I think this is positive, its not earth shattering but Im happy the UK seems to be showing interest.  I'd been questioning that.

For sure, allowed to file, its a small step in the right direction.

You are right, they need to be able to pull it together better than they did with the FDA but perhaps with more experience, this one will be cleaner.

I think this is positive, its not earth shattering but Im happy the UK seems to be showing interest.  I'd been questioning that.
also was filing today that a cydy director acquired 120k shares by buying same.  I think that's a positive unless you can talk me out of it.

I wasn’t missing at all, you stated about other drugs companies that had better drugs and failed.  I just though you had data that I can use to make informed decisions.  No need to pull back.  I am data driven, nothing personal.  Please show me.
I did not state that at all. I said it was possible, maybe even likely. I have no idea. Either, really, does anyone else at this point. 

My point that I think you missed is that, in general, the assumption by many on this thread of the "science being better can overcome any bad CEO/Leadership" is not true, IMO. I think history has, again, in general, proven that out in both health and technology companies. So investing based on that assumption, almost without any better indicator, seems like a bad idea. I was thinking, or really hoping, that some of the CYDY investors in this thread learned that lesson. Maybe not. 

I was thinking, or really hoping, that some of the CYDY investors in this thread learned that lesson. Maybe not.
Why do we try to change people's minds in here? We don't do this in the Stock Thread. Seems odd.

Apologies for singling you out, this has been on my mind for some time.

Why do we try to change people's minds in here? We don't do this in the Stock Thread. Seems odd.

Apologies for singling you out, this has been on my mind for some time.
I'm not trying to change people's mind. I guess I view the stock thread as one where we help each other. And it's helpful to me to learn lessons if others think they exist. I think CYDY has, so far, been a lesson to not discount the failure of a company's CEO/leadership when investing. The product at a tiny company with no revenue is not more important than the guy driving the company to revenues, IMO. 

Just trying to point that out. 

I'm not trying to change people's mind. I guess I view the stock thread as one where we help each other. And it's helpful to me to learn lessons if others think they exist. I think CYDY has, so far, been a lesson to not discount the failure of a company's CEO/leadership when investing. The product at a tiny company with no revenue is not more important than the guy driving the company to revenues, IMO. 

Just trying to point that out. 
I know what you are getting at and I think for a bit more established (even smaller cap) growing company the CEO can be the reason for huge returns and the CEO is extremely important to investing. That said Nader isn’t going to determine the fate of the drug, the SC phase 3 trial will. If the drug was a successful, he could have a huge impact on whether or not they grow into a real company or struggle to get consistent revenues while competitors jump into the fray. You guys are both sort of right but currently the phase 3 trial is the only impetus for the stock moving up short term. All the other PR at this point is fluff because nothing is close.

Looks like yesterday was a good buying opportunity.  Missed it.  Not getting involved in this run up but CYDY on fire at the moment
Might be because of this:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nih-halts-study-exploring-treating-covid-19-with-lilly-antibody-remdesivir-11603757478

Which is why continuing the trial is actually a good thing. This is the second antibody (tozil something mab was the first) trial that’s actually been stopped. Right now there’s a wide open window for CYDY to jump through of SC trial is successful. Good luck to all. I’m staying on the sidelines but rooting for you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what you are getting at and I think for a bit more established (even smaller cap) growing company the CEO can be the reason for huge returns and the CEO is extremely important to investing. That said Nader isn’t going to determine the fate of the drug, the SC phase 3 trial will. If the drug was a successful, he could have a huge impact on whether or not they grow into a real company or struggle to get consistent revenues while competitors jump into the fray. You guys are both sort of right but currently the phase 3 trial is the only impetus for the stock moving up short term. All the other PR at this point is fluff because nothing is close.
The funny thing in this whole Covid therapeutic drug thing tied to stock pricing:

Of course there are a ton of these out there - we've all been exposed to CYDY, HGEN, RLFTF, RVVTF, and whatever else is out there. 

CYDY and HGEN have actually moved quite a bit from where they started. The others are stuck at less than a buck per share. And the one common theme is they are all a total crapshoot. Two weeks ago RLFTF announced topline efficacy data (read about it here) and it didn't do squat. 

For me, I'm a new investor in stocks. CYDY was my first foray into it, and I've learned a lot. But HOW I bought it was a mistake. Lesson learned on how and when to buy. But it has been an extremely valuable lesson for me. Since then I've made some good choices on timing and such. 

But the bottom line is, these OTC stocks are a gamble. But a worthwhile gamble if people are smart about it. Which I think most people in here are and were smart about it. I'm probably the only one who really needs to stay in at this point, but I am also reaching a point of when to sell at a loss to move on to other things. That's my next move. 

But I am not talking a ton of money here either. I dipped my toe in rather small, knowing I don't know anything yet. 

But the bottom line is, these OTC stocks are a gamble. But a worthwhile gamble if people are smart about it. Which I think most people in here are and were smart about it. I'm probably the only one who really needs to stay in at this point, but I am also reaching a point of when to sell at a loss to move on to other things. That's my next move. 
For sure they are a gamble, they seem like they present a lot of good trading opportunities though even if you don't want to hang on forever.  Constantly moving through pretty good trading ranges where you can make some money.

ConstruxBoy said:
I was thinking, or really hoping, that some of the CYDY investors in this thread learned that lesson. Maybe not. 
I dont know how to tell you this but I doubt anyone here cares what you are thinking on this front.

We are all adults and fully know the risks involved.  For one, I don't completely agree with your assessment that this is a lost cause.

Regardless of that, there is not just one way to buy these stocks.  You could have had CYDY for 2.25 yesterday and flipped it today for 2.70,  you don't have to hold onto them forever.  

The stock does react to positive news so finding a good entry point and getting out is one way to invest in it

Stock will be down 15% tomorrow on this news.
NP is the only CEO I know who when he says this I get nervous.....

CEO Nader Pourhassan said: “We are very pleased with the MHRA’s decision to clear our BLA for filing and our team is finalizing the remaining details to ensure a complete filing very soon"

Like some other nameless person I know that promises everything "in 2 weeks".  It basically means it's never happening

NP is the only CEO I know who when he says this I get nervous.....

CEO Nader Pourhassan said: “We are very pleased with the MHRA’s decision to clear our BLA for filing and our team is finalizing the remaining details to ensure a complete filing very soon"

Like some other nameless person I know that promises everything "in 2 weeks".  It basically means it's never happening
Exactly. 

I dont know how to tell you this but I doubt anyone here cares what you are thinking on this front.

We are all adults and fully know the risks involved.  For one, I don't completely agree with your assessment that this is a lost cause.

Regardless of that, there is not just one way to buy these stocks.  You could have had CYDY for 2.25 yesterday and flipped it today for 2.70,  you don't have to hold onto them forever.  

The stock does react to positive news so finding a good entry point and getting out is one way to invest in it
Well now my feelings are hurt. 

Well now my feelings are hurt. 
Sorry.  

Its just that if you are making a risky biotech play that you know is risky,  there really isn't any need for someone else to remind you that its risky.  I'm getting the feeling that you think you are helping but its not having any impact or coming across that well.

On top of that, you have no insight into our portfolios so can I say that your judgement is silly.

Dwayne Hoover said:
@Whyatt what's going on with HGEN?  Can't get out of first gear
The only material thing I’m aware of is they have still have not filled their p3 Covid trial. This is an issue in many/most Covid trials, as readers of this thread will know.

It seems that Covid stocks, Biotech, and really all of Pharma are taking a hit. Choose one or all of - Biden winning election, sector rotation, poor Covid trial outcomes (Lily MAB), and maybe some I haven’t thought of. Maybe Lily’s poor results hurt Hgen simply because they are both MAB. They have different MoA so I think that’s silly.

All that said, this stock will move based on the trial outcome which has been promised this year. I’m expecting great results but we’ll see. If results are good, consider that the competition continues to thin out.

Sorry.  

Its just that if you are making a risky biotech play that you know is risky,  there really isn't any need for someone else to remind you that its risky.  I'm getting the feeling that you think you are helping but its not having any impact or coming across that well.

On top of that, you have no insight into our portfolios so can I say that your judgement is silly.
I'm watching the fifth season of Game of Thrones as I read this and my, aren't you melodramatic. 

I really did laugh out loud. Good luck Mr. Hoover. Or rather, Lord Hoover. 

Patterson and Yo are going all in with maraviroc for long haulers.  Does Dr P just chase the dollar or does he believe in the drugs that he talks about?  The answer to this question is important to me.  A lot of my belief in Cytodyn/leronlimab was based on trust of Patterson.   If that has eroded, the foundation is crumbling.  
Patterson and Yo's position is that maraviroc and leronlimab have equal efficacy because they both have the same MoA of being CCR5 antagonists but leronlimab would be better because it has fewer side effects. But maraviroc is cheap and FDA approved whereas leronlimab is expensive and isn't FDA approved so they have had to go with maraviroc.  And maraviroc's side effects matter when a person takes the drug for years but isn't much of an issue when taking it for 2 weeks. 

But it is a valid question to ask whether Patterson believes maraviroc would be just as effective as leronlimab against Covid in the pre-longhauler stages such as the M2M and S/C stages.  My guess his answer is yes but he wasn't going to tell us that since he owned 569,000 shares of CYDY.

Dr Yo's jaw must be getting sore from polishing Patterson's knob so much.  Almost every Yo Twitter post is saying how great Patterson is.  And he has blocked all of the CYDY bashers so the comments aren't much fun any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread