What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread*** (4 Viewers)

Based on what NP just said it should be 245 or 246 currently enrolled
If it's any consolation, all Small Pharma covid trials are enrolling slowly.  Leronlimab's slowdown in enrollment coincides with remdesivir being declared the standard of care on April 29th.  Probably not a coincidence that 46 million shares of CYDY were registered to be sold by insiders on April 30th.

Seems like the message boards are really psyched that a statistician at the FDA has looked at the unblinded data,  even though they arent doing anything with it at this point.   Also Nader mentioning having spoken with OWS seems to have fired everyone up.  Nader also mentioned an unnamed billionaire investor was going to help with funding if it can be proven that leronlimab helps with morbidity.

Nothing concrete though from any of the above. I think we already know if leronlimab is proven to be effective a lot of doors will open so all the above news doesn't mean much to me.  What really changed? Nothing IMO.  They haven't exactly been quick to enroll patients, hopefully that speeds up after this roadshow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't listen to the call. But this guy wasn't impressed.

Okay, I listened to the CC recording and here is about what I got:Now they are talking about doing a trial to examine the effect of leronlimab on myocarditis -- something to the effect of needing to collect 4 months data of receptor occupancy for "validation."There are 14 cancer patients but their application for breakthrough status is "delayed" by covid but -- as -- usual they HOPE to do "something" in the near futurre.OMG! They're forming a "scientific council" to focus ONLY on covid someon! Members will be "high profile" and they will tell the world about their experiences using leronlimab but ONLY when the time is right. No mention of WHeN exactly that time might arrive.They had PLANNED on a "long hauler" trial but submission is currently postponed since the protocol needs to be "modified" to meet some FDA demands.They are currently "holding off" on talking to the FDA about a possible M2M phase 3. No explanation as to WHY, but we already know -- don't we? Because phase 2 was a complete FAILURE.NEXT the audience is treated t the new "chief science officer" drone on for five plus minutes about his life and employment history -- I'm sure everyone was thrilled by the performance.OMG yet AGAIN! Now they clarify that the long hauler trial will last 8 weeks and involve 100 subjects. As usual, Nader is VERY excited and expects rapid enrollment at least partly because there are no "competing trials" Of course he DOESN'T address the question as to WHY that is the case.Kelly CLAIMS he was on an international call today about the long hauler trial but, of course, he wouldn't reveal WHO he spoke to or what they discussed.tI finally heard something SPECIFIC from Nader! He said at about 29:43 that the S/C trial had 293 - 47 = 246 patients currently enrolled. At that rate, they should reach FULL enrollment in about -- ohhhh -- another YEAR? Or TWO?How many times can one guy squeeze in spectacular, fantastoc, super, strongOh, lordy! At 30:45, Nader NOW says he CAN'T announce ANYTHING about the FDA HIV BLA application UNTIL the new CSO gets up to speed and has "a total understanding of the whole thing." Of course, the CSO didn't reveal exactly WHEN this might come about ! Big surprise, there, huh!And to HELP the CSO, cytodyn will HIRE a bunch of NEW people! How they plan on PAYING them is a whole different issue!WOW!!! Another STRAIGHT answer from Nader! At 32:23, is Cytodyn doing ANYTHING "to advance the NASDAQ uplisting request?" NO. That's it! That's ALL Nader said about it! Just NO!Uh-0h! Did Nader LIE at 34:00? Maybe he just slipped and said that the statistician at the FDA saw the unblinded data. That was AFTER he had just said that ONLY the DMSC and the independent biostatisitician had seen the data. Lawyers might LOVE thatJust too HILARIOUS at 34:40. Someone asked about offering financial inducements to patients to enable faster enrollment. Nader, vague as usual, responds saying they are "exploring all avenues," but THEN he says that Bryan somebody and Kelly were "going on the road" to all the centers to faciliatate enrollment.But now get THIS, he claims that the centers have had leronlimab as FOURTH or FIFTH "priority! Wow! Impressive, huh? But somehow Bryan and Kelly will change this? Of course, he DIDN'T explain HOW!He reveals that the Progenics leronlimab had been stored SIX YEARS at minus 80 celsius before Cytodyn bought it and it was STILL good! I don't know that I would have admitted that, Nader.He indicates Cytodyn HAS spoken with Operation Warp Speed BUT Cytodyn ISN'T going to get any money until they can offer some proof that leronlimab is effective -- another way of ADMITTING that the M2M trial was a total DUD.At 38:48, you just gotta LOVE Nader -- they are "proactive in seeking non-dilutive funding sources" Of course, they didn' mention ANY that actually EXIST! Go figure!!!At 39:53, apparently you can just forget HIV monotherapy? Nader says the FDA wants "a clean phase 3 study" -- he doesn't explain what that is supposed to entail. He indicated the FDA wanted a "conversation" but Cytodyn was "overloaded" with covid, so didn't have the time.But THEN -- now get this -- he gives a LONG spiel about how IMPORTANT it is to HAVE an HIV monotherapy and provides reasons. On the OTHER hand, apparently it ISN'T important enough for Cytodyn to sit down and have a conversation with the FDA.vGo FIGURE!!!Yet one MORE straight answer -- might be a RECORD -- at 43:40, someone asked how many patients in foreign countries have been treated with leronlimab? Answer: 2 or 3 in Ireland.At about 44:40, someone asked if Cytodyn HAD actually filed the MHRA BLA. More true to Nader style, after a LONG winded description of how excited the UK was to give clearance to APPLY for a BLA, the answer is NO. He then babbles and gives excuses for why it's going to take awhile -- some sort of data that has to be accumulated plus the new CSO has to be brought up to speed.At 49:00 he mentions something to the effect that the cancer trial is delayed because Creative Microtech has to gather some sort of data from each patient. Needs five patients to get breakthrough designation.50:44 Mother-in-law story again.56:40 There are 46,000 potential HIV customersAt 1:05:09 someone asked why they aren't measuring cytokines in the S/C trial to see if lmab did indeed suppress the "cytokine storm." Nader's response was incomprehensible to me. Maybe someone else can give a shot at understanding what he was saying.Fell down laughing as Nader CLAIMED a "billionaire" - who, of course, shall remain NAMELESS -- has approached Cytodyn with an "offer" to "step in" for further funding if the drug can show some efficacy. Nader apparently doesn't realize he just once again announced to the world that the M2M trial was a total DUD.Gosh! ANOTHER straight answer! At 1:18:00 Nadedr reported that it was MEXICO that stopped communicating with Cytodyn, NOT Cytodyn refusing to participate in a two drug trial.Not much after that of significance.

I didn't listen to the call. But this guy wasn't impressed.

Okay, I listened to the CC recording and here is about what I got:Now they are talking about doing a trial to examine the effect of leronlimab on myocarditis -- something to the effect of needing to collect 4 months data of receptor occupancy for "validation."There are 14 cancer patients but their application for breakthrough status is "delayed" by covid but -- as -- usual they HOPE to do "something" in the near futurre.OMG! They're forming a "scientific council" to focus ONLY on covid someon! Members will be "high profile" and they will tell the world about their experiences using leronlimab but ONLY when the time is right. No mention of WHeN exactly that time might arrive.They had PLANNED on a "long hauler" trial but submission is currently postponed since the protocol needs to be "modified" to meet some FDA demands.They are currently "holding off" on talking to the FDA about a possible M2M phase 3. No explanation as to WHY, but we already know -- don't we? Because phase 2 was a complete FAILURE.NEXT the audience is treated t the new "chief science officer" drone on for five plus minutes about his life and employment history -- I'm sure everyone was thrilled by the performance.OMG yet AGAIN! Now they clarify that the long hauler trial will last 8 weeks and involve 100 subjects. As usual, Nader is VERY excited and expects rapid enrollment at least partly because there are no "competing trials" Of course he DOESN'T address the question as to WHY that is the case.Kelly CLAIMS he was on an international call today about the long hauler trial but, of course, he wouldn't reveal WHO he spoke to or what they discussed.tI finally heard something SPECIFIC from Nader! He said at about 29:43 that the S/C trial had 293 - 47 = 246 patients currently enrolled. At that rate, they should reach FULL enrollment in about -- ohhhh -- another YEAR? Or TWO?How many times can one guy squeeze in spectacular, fantastoc, super, strongOh, lordy! At 30:45, Nader NOW says he CAN'T announce ANYTHING about the FDA HIV BLA application UNTIL the new CSO gets up to speed and has "a total understanding of the whole thing." Of course, the CSO didn't reveal exactly WHEN this might come about ! Big surprise, there, huh!And to HELP the CSO, cytodyn will HIRE a bunch of NEW people! How they plan on PAYING them is a whole different issue!WOW!!! Another STRAIGHT answer from Nader! At 32:23, is Cytodyn doing ANYTHING "to advance the NASDAQ uplisting request?" NO. That's it! That's ALL Nader said about it! Just NO!Uh-0h! Did Nader LIE at 34:00? Maybe he just slipped and said that the statistician at the FDA saw the unblinded data. That was AFTER he had just said that ONLY the DMSC and the independent biostatisitician had seen the data. Lawyers might LOVE thatJust too HILARIOUS at 34:40. Someone asked about offering financial inducements to patients to enable faster enrollment. Nader, vague as usual, responds saying they are "exploring all avenues," but THEN he says that Bryan somebody and Kelly were "going on the road" to all the centers to faciliatate enrollment.But now get THIS, he claims that the centers have had leronlimab as FOURTH or FIFTH "priority! Wow! Impressive, huh? But somehow Bryan and Kelly will change this? Of course, he DIDN'T explain HOW!He reveals that the Progenics leronlimab had been stored SIX YEARS at minus 80 celsius before Cytodyn bought it and it was STILL good! I don't know that I would have admitted that, Nader.He indicates Cytodyn HAS spoken with Operation Warp Speed BUT Cytodyn ISN'T going to get any money until they can offer some proof that leronlimab is effective -- another way of ADMITTING that the M2M trial was a total DUD.At 38:48, you just gotta LOVE Nader -- they are "proactive in seeking non-dilutive funding sources" Of course, they didn' mention ANY that actually EXIST! Go figure!!!At 39:53, apparently you can just forget HIV monotherapy? Nader says the FDA wants "a clean phase 3 study" -- he doesn't explain what that is supposed to entail. He indicated the FDA wanted a "conversation" but Cytodyn was "overloaded" with covid, so didn't have the time.But THEN -- now get this -- he gives a LONG spiel about how IMPORTANT it is to HAVE an HIV monotherapy and provides reasons. On the OTHER hand, apparently it ISN'T important enough for Cytodyn to sit down and have a conversation with the FDA.vGo FIGURE!!!Yet one MORE straight answer -- might be a RECORD -- at 43:40, someone asked how many patients in foreign countries have been treated with leronlimab? Answer: 2 or 3 in Ireland.At about 44:40, someone asked if Cytodyn HAD actually filed the MHRA BLA. More true to Nader style, after a LONG winded description of how excited the UK was to give clearance to APPLY for a BLA, the answer is NO. He then babbles and gives excuses for why it's going to take awhile -- some sort of data that has to be accumulated plus the new CSO has to be brought up to speed.At 49:00 he mentions something to the effect that the cancer trial is delayed because Creative Microtech has to gather some sort of data from each patient. Needs five patients to get breakthrough designation.50:44 Mother-in-law story again.56:40 There are 46,000 potential HIV customersAt 1:05:09 someone asked why they aren't measuring cytokines in the S/C trial to see if lmab did indeed suppress the "cytokine storm." Nader's response was incomprehensible to me. Maybe someone else can give a shot at understanding what he was saying.Fell down laughing as Nader CLAIMED a "billionaire" - who, of course, shall remain NAMELESS -- has approached Cytodyn with an "offer" to "step in" for further funding if the drug can show some efficacy. Nader apparently doesn't realize he just once again announced to the world that the M2M trial was a total DUD.Gosh! ANOTHER straight answer! At 1:18:00 Nadedr reported that it was MEXICO that stopped communicating with Cytodyn, NOT Cytodyn refusing to participate in a two drug trial.Not much after that of significance.
This guy is a little over the top too but he sums up the problems with Nader's calls.  It's a lot of fluff about possibilities but no hard facts that you can completely count on.  Everything he says has a chance at never coming to fruition (of course it could happen too) and at the point of this call, its hard to prove either way.  He gives the morons on the message boards (not this one) something to get excited about even though he hasn't actually said anything of substance.

Every time I get a little excited about this, Nader does find a way to bring me down. I don't think today was an awful call, it just didn't go anywhere concrete IMO. If you look at the longs on the boards though, they are psyched.

I imagine the stock will be down a little tomorrow but nothing ground breaking in either direction.

I still say if the drug is any good, it will overcome all this but Nader the hype machine always does give you pause.

This guy is a little over the top too but he sums up the problems with Nader's calls.  It's a lot of fluff about possibilities but no hard facts that you can completely count on.  Everything he says has a chance at never coming to fruition (of course it could happen too) and at the point of this call, its hard to prove either way.  He gives the morons on the message boards (not this one) something to get excited about even though he hasn't actually said anything of substance.

Every time I get a little excited about this, Nader does find a way to bring me down. I don't think today was an awful call, it just didn't go anywhere concrete IMO. If you look at the longs on the boards though, they are psyched.

I imagine the stock will be down a little tomorrow but nothing ground breaking in either direction.

I still say if the drug is any good, it will overcome all this but Nader the hype machine always does give you pause.
Well I have said to myself I hope that it hits gold for your benefit.

Hope you guys tailed me on CVS.  Beat earnings by 32 cents a share, raised guidance.  Still looking at an 11 p/e even with todays bump.

Sorry, wrong thread.

If you're going to sell CYDY today, it is probably most strategic to do it at open.  CYDY doesn't gap at open like other Covid stocks.  It often takes 5 minutes for the selling to really start.

HGEN down to $9.56. Taking a huge beating. Our buddy said he bought 3k more on Friday. Based on that 3k being a throw some more in, starting his big investments in the $30s and saying he DCA’d down to the $12s, I’d say he’s invested well into the 6 figures and getting hit really hard today. I hope he was just exaggerating because it seemed like he was betting hard on it and this is devastating news.

Risky stuff like this should only be a small fraction of your investments. If it hits and becomes big, sell it off and enjoy the luck.

These are all going to get buried today. It was a good run (it was not a good run). 
It was for a while. I’ve still got one cancer related risky bet and I’m down on that but put in way less than I did for CYDY. I’m swearing off this type of stuff until Chet comes back with a new one way early.

HGEN down to $9.56. Taking a huge beating. Our buddy said he bought 3k more on Friday. Based on that 3k being a throw some more in, starting his big investments in the $30s and saying he DCA’d down to the $12s, I’d say he’s invested well into the 6 figures and getting hit really hard today. I hope he was just exaggerating because it seemed like he was betting hard on it and this is devastating news.

Risky stuff like this should only be a small fraction of your investments. If it hits and becomes big, sell it off and enjoy the luck.
Can you show us on the doll where Whyatt touched you?

Can you show us on the doll where Whyatt touched you?
Nice, but no he never touched me there, just my heart!

I do have a really photographic memory so when I said it was all about money with all of us, it was true and I did remember what he said. I pay less attention to you so I apologize for that.

There’s nothing I posted that he didn’t say and a quick little math on a napkin is easy to do. DCAing from like $32.50 to $12.50 takes a lot more shares even at the benefit of $10 buying when it dropped there. If someone grabs 3k on a little drop you’d think the initial investment was more than that. Math’s pretty easy. Sorry that there’s no gloating from me, don’t wish big losses on anyone. He wanted to make money just like the rest of us and like you. I just didn’t appreciate not being honest about that. Sucks for all because it’s been a downward trend from the $30s when it was posted in here and it got whacked hard today. 

Whyatt was just giving his inside the industry opinion which did come with some inherent biases IMO.  So far, it hasn't turned into anything but losses (HGEN) or in the case of CYDY some missed opportunities 

We can say for sure that his timing has been bad if nothing else.   I'm not convinced yet that his anti CYDY stance is right though, nor am I convinced that HGEN is a game changer at all.  I believe leronlimab is the better bet long term if you are speculating.

It's going to be interesting if HGEN falls below $8.50.  $8.50 is what investors paid for 8 million shares in the last offering in September.  They were allowed to sell their shares immediately after purchase.

Whyatt was just giving his inside the industry opinion which did come with some inherent biases IMO.  So far, it hasn't turned into anything but losses (HGEN) or in the case of CYDY some missed opportunities 

We can say for sure that his timing has been bad if nothing else.   I'm not convinced yet that his anti CYDY stance is right though, nor am I convinced that HGEN is a game changer at all.  I believe leronlimab is the better bet long term if you are speculating.
Yep, I thought he was just disingenuous. Hey, if your an Eagles fan in a Cowboys thread just say that. Don’t dish bad stuff and say you want to bet against the Cowboys because you believe you’re doing people a favor only to find out later you’re an Eagles fan.

That said, I’m not wishing for a Wentz injury. Vaccine good news was a real risk, but I don’t think anyone though real good news was anywhere close. That said still a ton of people going to die over the next few months before the vaccine is close to a reality.

It's going to be interesting if HGEN falls below $8.50.  $8.50 is what investors paid for 8 million shares in the last offering in September.  They were allowed to sell their shares immediately after purchase.
You should sell all shares at market immediately 

These are all going to get buried today. It was a good run (it was not a good run). 
I'm completely OK with getting totally wiped out on this if it's because someone else beat them to a useful cure/treatment/vaccine. I'll make it up everywhere else and then some. 

I'm completely OK with getting totally wiped out on this if it's because someone else beat them to a useful cure/treatment/vaccine. I'll make it up everywhere else and then some. 
No doubt. I’d lose every penny on this if it meant norlmacy again. 

There are still going to be therapeutics approved and necessary to have them regardless of vaccine.  

Today seems like an overreaction all around. 

I bought a little more CYDY today and plan to keep it adding if it continues to drop.

BTW, Patterson tweeted "Paper on T-regs, CCR5 and CTCs/metastasis in lung cancer accepted for publication"

https://twitter.com/brucep13/status/1325802325013897217
Leronlimab isn't coming to market soon. An EUA is a long way off and manufacturing leronlimab isn't simple or easy to ramp up.  People will be getting the vaccine long before leronlimab is available.  Leronlimab needed for Covid to be bad for several years.  Now it looks like possibly this winter will be the last time Covid is at pandemic level.  90% of leronlimab's Covid potential just evaporated.  There is still HIV.

Nader should unblind the interim analysis immediately.

Yep, I thought he was just disingenuous. Hey, if your an Eagles fan in a Cowboys thread just say that. Don’t dish bad stuff and say you want to bet against the Cowboys because you believe you’re doing people a favor only to find out later you’re an Eagles fan.

That said, I’m not wishing for a Wentz injury. Vaccine good news was a real risk, but I don’t think anyone though real good news was anywhere close. That said still a ton of people going to die over the next few months before the vaccine is close to a reality.
Ertz or Hooper the rest of the year. Will answer yours. tia

HGEN hit $7.84.  $7.50 is the lowest HGEN has been since June 2nd.  It hit $7.50 on Sept. 10th which was 2 days before the stock split.

What would be the benefit to taking a leap on this now? With the vaccine looking likely?
I'm not.  Covid stocks often take 3-5 days to hit rock bottom from bad news.  That is even the case when the bad news isn't actually bad.  This news is actually bad.  I think I'll be looking at Covid stocks on Friday.

Leronlimab isn't coming to market soon. An EUA is a long way off and manufacturing leronlimab isn't simple or easy to ramp up.  People will be getting the vaccine long before leronlimab is available.  Leronlimab needed for Covid to be bad for several years.  Now it looks like possibly this winter will be the last time Covid is at pandemic level.  90% of leronlimab's Covid potential just evaporated.  There is still HIV.

Nader should unblind the interim analysis immediately.
Sounds like the same overreaction that the market is making, although I do support the unblinding idea.

Sounds like the same overreaction that the market is making, although I do support the unblinding idea.
Before today, we didn't know when a vaccine would come and they were saying it might only be 50% effective.  Today, we know a vaccine is coming in less than a year and that it will be 90% effective.  That is a game changer.  Unless Pfizer is being dishonest.

I'm not.  Covid stocks often take 3-5 days to hit rock bottom from bad news.  That is even the case when the bad news isn't actually bad.  This news is actually bad.  I think I'll be looking at Covid stocks on Friday.
Even Friday might not be safe.  Let's not forget that in a couple/few weeks you'll have the vaccine results from Moderna.   In an era where a lot of people are skeptical about vaccines in general--its looking less and less likely that people will choose vaccines from relatively unknown companies like CYDY over companies with a proven heritage like Pfizer.   I think the eco system for small to medium size biotech stocks to see huge gains from potential covid vaccines is probably evaporating quickly.  Unless you believe in the pipelines of these companies for products outside of covid vaccines--I'm not sure I'd  want to get in on them or even hold these.   They will be risky and besides that--the lost opportunity cost  has to be factored in.   When I sold my CYDY--I made some slight profits-and re-allocated some of that money into stocks--the one I targeted the most was Mercado libre.  Mercado libre is having a bad day today--but i still made good money off of it and I still believe in it long term far more than I do CYDY.  Keep in mind--I still reserve the right to jump back into stocks like these if they earn my trust---but I still don't see much motivation to buy or hold them now.  

Before today, we didn't know when a vaccine would come and they were saying it might only be 50% effective.  Today, we know a vaccine is coming in less than a year and that it will be 90% effective.  That is a game changer.  Unless Pfizer is being dishonest.
Even if it is 90% effective, and I say "if" since this sample size of 94 cases is still really small, how long, if ever, do you think it will be before 90% of the population takes this vaccine?

This is assuming the virus doesn't mutate and make the vaccine less effective as well.

I hope its 90% effective but would not be surprised either if there is a setback.  There are so many variables, antibodies not lasting, FDA actually approving, changes in the virus.  Promising news but today feels like an overreaction to me

Even if it is 90% effective, and I say "if" since this sample size of 94 cases is still really small, how long, if ever, do you think it will be before 90% of the population takes this vaccine?

This is assuming the virus doesn't mutate and make the vaccine less effective as well.

I hope its 90% effective but would not be surprised either if there is a setback.  There are so many variables, antibodies not lasting, FDA actually approving, changes in the virus.  Promising news but today feels like an overreaction to me
I agree with all of this.  That said I sold my remaining shares today for $2.15 (basis on this lot about $0.85).

think today is a little over reaction on all sides.  The study only had 94 total participants be infected with CV, which seems really low.  Lots of hurdles still to go with vaccine but I hope they nail it and get something out soon.

I remember back to the good old days and when CYDY got up to a few bucks, Chet said the easy money has been made, now they need to perform.  My confidence in them performing had declined over the last few months, weeks and days.

I sometimes kick myself for not selling higher back in June; but also realize I still booked significant profits thanks to Chet, thanks gb!!

Users who are viewing this thread