What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread*** (10 Viewers)

Love the last part where he reveals he is long on gilead lol

That dumb article aside, it seems like we are barreling towards National immunity sometime this year due to the vaccines (thank god). Even if this passes the trial...have we considered whether there will be as much demand for it as expected? These vaccines are miracles. Feels like cydy missed their window. 

Love the last part where he reveals he is long on gilead lol

That dumb article aside, it seems like we are barreling towards National immunity sometime this year due to the vaccines (thank god). Even if this passes the trial...have we considered whether there will be as much demand for it as expected? These vaccines are miracles. Feels like cydy missed their window. 
That is my worry as well. So glad things are looking up, but that is not great for CYDY for covid.

Several thoughts on the above Covid winding down points:

1. Vaccinating the world population will take years. LL will be useful outside of the US for the time it takes to do that.
  2. With the rate of mutation there is chance that over this next year another will arrive that is outside the resistance to vaccine and the immunity provided by the disease. LL will be needed in that case and also for the roughly 30% of the people that will not take the vaccine.
  3. Ideally the side benefit of approval is income and the ability to use LL for a variety of off-label indications. It will make the chances much higher for additional revenue. 
  4. Long-Haulers
I think it's only a question of time now. There are so many uses for LL that the door just needs to be opened.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Vaccinating the world population will take years. LL will be useful outside of the US for the time it takes to do that.
  2. With the rate of mutation there is chance that over this next year another will arrive that is outside the resistance to vaccine and the immunity provided by the disease. LL will be needed in that case and also for the roughly 30% of the people that will not take the vaccine.
  3. Ideally the side benefit of approval is income and the ability to use LL for a variety of off-label indications. It will make the chances much higher for additional revenue. 
  4. Long-Haulers
I think it's only a question of time now. There are so many uses for LL that the door just needs to be opened.
I hope you are right.

4. Long-Haulers
I agree with #3. Not with 1 and 2. World-wide vaccination should be complete for anybody who wants it by this time next year if not sooner. 

As everybody that wants it gets the vax, the chance of any mutation decreases significantly. I don’t think the mutations are going to be a threat going forward and scientists have said the vax can be tweaked for the ones that have been found now. 

Obviously any kind of approval will be big for the company and send the stock up, I am just not sure it’s going to be the missile to the moon some expected. 

As everybody that wants it gets the vax, the chance of any mutation decreases significantly. I don’t think the mutations are going to be a threat going forward and scientists have said the vax can be tweaked for the ones that have been found now. 
I mostly agree with this but I've seen a study that showed that the virus can mutate asymptomatically in immunocompromised people. They found one person that harbored 10 - 20 mutations. Because his body could not rid itself of the virus it just sat and spun around. This virus is pretty tricky and I'm not going to write it off just yet. 

Article

Better Summary

We have a press release...and the news for now is...no hard news

Looks like this is a managing expectations release and that within a few weeks, we will "know" things

Interesting that the 2/22 unblinding date matches the "unlocked"  date from the poster mid week last week.  I wonder if that was a plant from the inside to try and manage expectations and it just didn't take.

https://www.cytodyn.com/newsroom/press-releases/detail/499/cytodyn-in-discussions-with-u-s-fda-mhra-and-health

We are down 18% in Germany right now so apparently they don't like the vagueness of  it.

It is suspicious that if it's good news, it's not in there, but at this point IDK. 

Will let you guys to try and decode...but signs pointing to a rough start here

That makes me want to hit the eject switch, but I am sure I will not. 
Same but the sharpest move down could be right away. 

I do think there is probably going to be a slow drip out of this over the next couple of weeks, unless some other news comes that is good.

I'm going to take a stab at this after letting it digest a bit.

It feels to me that the results are not overwhelmingly positive, they probably didn't hit the endpoint out the gate.  On the other side of the ball, I'm thinking it wasn't a complete failure either.   Either one of those things feels like it would need to be reported but that's just my intuition.

So we are likely close but not there, this is my best guess.

close at or below $4.25.

ETA: Premarket already showing $4.90.  This thing is going to plummet.  And for good reason.  Volume has been anemic the last week or so.  Everyone is locked into their position waiting for news to drop.  And this non-news is what they release?  What's the point?  Even an idiot would know this PR is going to tank the SP.  They obviously missed Statistical significance.  

right.  Other side of the coin, if they had bad results, they'd have to disclose.  And if the results were bad they probably wouldn't still be in discussions with FDA

That makes me want to hit the eject switch, but I am sure I will not. 
This is exactly what most here were saying.  As you said, if it failed the FDA wouldn't be letting people take this right now.

I'm going to take a stab at this after letting it digest a bit.

It feels to me that the results are not overwhelmingly positive, they probably didn't hit the endpoint out the gate.  On the other side of the ball, I'm thinking it wasn't a complete failure either.   Either one of those things feels like it would need to be reported but that's just my intuition.

So we are likely close but not there, this is my best guess.
Interesting enough this fits your theory better than mine that it doesn't work.

Anyone want to predict stock price at end of day?

I'm gonna go with 4.72
Under $4.

Deborah Celeste Kelly, wife of Scott Kelly, Chairman and Chief Medical Officer of CytoDyn, sold shares in the company on February 1, according to a paper sale notice filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. On the same day, CytoDyn’s share price reached its highest level in eight months.
This supports the pump and dump theory.

This is exactly what most here were saying.  As you said, if it failed the FDA wouldn't be letting people take this right now.

Interesting enough this fits your theory better than mine that it doesn't work.

Under $4.
If that happens, I might actually consider getting back in.

I wonder if the smart move is to change horses and grad some HGEN.  It's up on this news.
I did this a few weeks ago in a way - bought a bunch of Hgen, about 25% what I put into cydy. Thinking of unloading some cydy today and buying more Hgen. 

I did this a few weeks ago in a way - bought a bunch of Hgen, about 25% what I put into cydy. Thinking of unloading some cydy today and buying more Hgen. 
Probably the smart move.  HGEN is either the last hope or if LL works, then HGEN's drop likely works too and the management knows what they are doing.

Probably the smart move.  HGEN is either the last hope or if LL works, then HGEN's drop likely works too and the management knows what they are doing.
But there’s still a risk Hgen is a dud. I know we all like their management structure, especially compared to cydy, but I truly don’t know enough about how effective the drug is. I haven’t read up on it like I have leronlimab. 

Wanting more Bitcoin so I unloaded 80% of cydy this morning. Will buy back in the next week. 

Users who are viewing this thread