What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread*** (5 Viewers)

But that would indicate an 85% death rate for anyone in the S/C stage.  That sounds way to high from what I hear.
Those patients in the RLFTF chart are from their extended label trial last summer, not their clinical trial and are in the worst of the worst condition. They are the ones that were excluded from the RLFTF trial because of the severity of their illness. That's why the death rate is so high. Do not expect a similar percentage from an extended timeline in the CYDY trial, or in the actual RLFTF trial.

From Ihub last night.  This guy has been bang on in his predictions for the last couple of weeks.

Convergence is at $4. The Mason-Dixon Line. Seems that last PR has given shirts a runway to time out their final hits before the well runs dry. Having played themself into a corner, the bull run is about to start. By tomorrow afternoon there is a 72% chance that we move rapidly higher throughout the day. Fear not what lies ahead, only embrace what is about to happen. We will end up 20-23% higher than the lows of the week. Looking at $4.80- low side and $5.95 high side. 

I think you're correct but is that a bad thing?  Nader gets a chance to vocalize what he was trying to convey in the PR.  Obviously it's bad if he's lying but I don't think he is.
You think NP was behind this?  I honestly didn't consider that but sure it's possible. That actually makes it a little better if true.

I'm just tired of reading opinion pieces that try to pass off as real journalism by a blogger with skin in the game. 

For once, I would like a story like this to pop up on a legit unbiased news source that I trust.  It doesn't have to be this exaggerated to the positive, just a few positive points to make me feel better about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You think NP was behind this?  I honestly didn't consider that but sure it's possible. That actually makes it a little better if true.

I'm just tired of reading opinion pieces that try to pass off as real journalism by a blogger with skin in the game. 

For once, I would like a story like this to pop up on a legit unbiased news source that I trust.  It doesn't have to be this exaggerated to the positive, just a few positive points to make me feel better about it.
This "journalist" has been writing super positive articles for a long time.  Not 100% but I wouldn't be surprised to learn NP paid for the coverage.

From Ihub:

"Companies have four business days to file a Form 8-K for the events specified in the items in Sections 1-6 and 9 above. However, if the issuer is furnishing a Form 8-K solely to satisfy its obligations under Regulation FD, then the due date might be earlier. (Issuers with questions concerning compliance with Regulation FD should consult with counsel or the SEC?s Division of Corporation Finance.)"

https://www.sec.gov/fast-answers/answersform8khtm.html
Basically, unblinding on Monday + 4 days is Friday.  If we don't hear bad news by then, then the data is presumably good.

From Ihub:

Basically, unblinding on Monday + 4 days is Friday.  If we don't hear bad news by then, then the data is presumably good.
IDK, what if the data is borderline

Only good news can't be reported?  If the issue is that they are still talking with the FDA confidentially about the data, this could apply to borderline as well, then seems like its the same scenario

Im not an expert but I'll weigh in on with the other non experts that post this stuff

IDK, what if the data is borderline

Only good news can't be reported?  If the issue is that they are still talking with the FDA confidentially about the data, this could apply to borderline as well, then seems like its the same scenario

Im not an expert but I'll weigh in on with the other non experts that post this stuff
We may not be experts, but I can guarantee that anyone that's been along for this ride knows a whole lot more about the FDA, Trials, Approvals, BP, Virology, Snake Oil Salesman, Shorting, and the CCR5 receptor, then we did a year ago.

We may not be experts, but I can guarantee that anyone that's been along for this ride knows a whole lot more about the FDA, Trials, Approvals, BP, Virology, Snake Oil Salesman, Shorting, and the CCR5 receptor, then we did a year ago.
Very true..

Just tired of some of the armchair experts, mainly on Yahoo which I check out too often, that have some faulty logic.

They all parrot the same thing, "if the data is bad than we would know already, therefore the data must be great"

I hope they are right but you can't just completely leave out the in between

From Ihub:

Data has been unblinded for weeks already. 28 days of phase 3 was Mid January. It doesn't take a month to unblind it. Again, the RFTLF study finished enrolling 5 days after and had data 2-3 weeks ago. 

Either AMARAX is the worst company you can hire for data analysis or NP is up to something.

GME up over $100 after hours.  Shorts will likely be getting margin calls and could be doubly hurt with an approval announcement from CYDY.  If so, the upward move in CYDY might get exacerbated into something that looks like GME action.

GME up over $100 after hours.  Shorts will likely be getting margin calls and could be doubly hurt with an approval announcement from CYDY.  If so, the upward move in CYDY might get exacerbated into something that looks like GME action.
I imagine that the shorts are finally covering in GME right now.  It looks like there's still 40% shorted.  

I can’t believe the GME thing. Again!! Fills me with joy. 

WTF are the people in Florida doing?  From iHub:

Son just told me a friend in Tampa just got confirmed he has Covid for the 3rd time. Each time the side effects are less. He is early 40’s and single so in the bar scene. Covid most likely not going away too soon! 

GME went from middling $4-7 and then jumped to a high of $483.  Surely you aren’t suggesting that!  Or.....are you.

GME went from middling $4-7 and then jumped to a high of $483.  Surely you aren’t suggesting that!  Or.....are you.
I don’t think it will have such an extreme move but I do think if there’s an approval, there will be a short squeeze which could be exacerbated by the margin calls the shorts are getting from the jump in GME. 

if the WSB crowd catches wind and jumps on board, all bets are off. 

The Night King is up to his BS today

https://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein/status/1364931663944368128

Anyone have Stat News, I can't imagine he's saying anything groundbreaking but still would like to know
CytoDyn CEO Nader Pourhassan has been uncharacteristically quiet this week about a completed clinical trial involving patients with severe, life-threatening cases of Covid-19.

It’s uncharacteristic because Pourhassan has not been shy in touting the potential of CytoDyn’s only drug, an experimental antibody called leronlimab — not currently approved to treat anything. He has claimed leronlimab is capable of effectively treating HIV, 22 different types of cancer, fatty liver disease, multiple sclerosis, and Alzheimer’s disease, among other ailments. 

For years, CytoDyn’s stock price traded for pennies per share. But when the pandemic struck, Pourhassan started pitching leronlimab as a life-saving treatment for patients with Covid-19. His comments helped push the stock as high as $10 per share last year, giving the company a $6 billion market value. 

Last month, Pourhassan said CytoDyn’s stock price — $4 at that time — should trade in the “three or four digits.” At $100 per share, CytoDyn would be worth more than Moderna. At $1,000 per share, it would be worth almost as much as Johnson & Johnson and Novartis — the two largest health care companies — combined. Last year, CytoDyn had no revenue and more than doubled its net loss to $124 million. 

Pouhassan had been priming investors for weeks to expect results from a completed Phase 3 clinical trial designed to demonstrate that injections of leronlimab would improve the survival of patients with severe Covid-19 more than a placebo. He predicted that positive results from the study, known as CD-12, would spur the Food and Drug Administration to quickly grant leronlimab an emergency use authorization. And with that clearance, CytoDyn would be able to deliver billions of dollars in leronlimab sales, Pourhassan said. 

But on Monday, CytoDyn issued a cryptic statement about the CD-12 study: The leronlimab trial had been unblinded — meaning the study results were now known to the company — but would not be disclosed publicly. 

“We are eager to reach a conclusion in our discussions with all the regulatory agencies for the path going forward and will release the details of our data and the results of our discussions with regulatory agencies in the coming weeks,” Pourhassan said in the statement. 

If the CD-12 study results prove leronlimab is saving the lives of perilously ill Covid-19 patients, why wouldn’t CytoDyn disclose the data immediately? 

It’s standard biotech company practice to share the results with the public and investors right away when a trial is unblinded, even if it is holding simultaneous discussions with regulators. The outcome of the CD-12 study is also a material event for CytoDyn, so as a public company, it has an obligation to disclose expeditiously. 

Asked to further explain the company’s statement regarding its CD-12 results, Pourhassan responded via email, “Please clarify your question and your motive for asking such a question.” Pourhassan did not respond to a follow-up email on Wednesday. CytoDyn General Counsel Arian Colachis did not respond to a request for comment. 

Last July, CytoDyn issued a statement declaring leronlimab’s safety profile was “impressive”following the conclusion of a separate clinical trial involving patients with moderate Covid-19. Detailed safety data were not disclosed. 

Ten days later, CytoDyn organized a conference call for investors on which Pourhassan said the leronlimab study in moderate Covid-19 had delivered “positive efficacy results,” again without offering corroborating details.

Weeks and months later, CytoDyn acknowledged that the study failed to achieve its primary goal and that it was unable to provide definitive data showing leronlimab was effective against Covid-19. CytoDyn submitted the leronlimab data to the FDA anyway, requesting an emergency use authorization. The FDA denied the request. 

Last February, in the early days of the coronavirus’s global spread, CytoDyn announced the signing of a letter of intent to license leronlimab to a China-based health care company. One year later, CytoDyn hasn’t said publicly if the letter of intent ever led to a formal deal, or if any progress has been made.

In April, CytoDyn said it was “collaborating” with U.K. health officials to provide emergency access to leronlimab for severely ill patients with Covid-19. Emergency access has not been granted.

In May, CytoDyn said it was preparing a clinical trial to investigate the combination of leronlimab and Gilead Sciences’ remdesivir in patients with Covid-19. The study has not started. 

In May and June, CytoDyn said it had completed negotiations with the government health officials in Mexico to conduct a clinical trial of leronlimab in patients with Covid-19. This study has also not been conducted. 

In August, CytoDyn said it had requested “fast track approval” from U.K. regulators for the treatment of Covid-19 patients with leronlimab. No such approval has been granted. 

The ####### weasel has disabled comments for his latest article.  He is an unbelievable POS and deserves to rot in hell.

Agree with everyone, that seems to be a pretty even handed take.

One thing we know he has definitely seen a lot of biotechs in trials.  If he thinks this behavior is weird, he is probably right on that one.

I'm struggling to understand it myself.  This situation is just so far out of the norm and the results are so fantastic that no one can talk about it?

Doesn't make sense.

Chet, do you think it makes any sense honestly?

The only thing possible I suppose is that the data was JUST unblinded and they dont' have the top line report yet.

I guess that is still possible

I'm having a hard time finding a reason for the stock to be rising right now.  I thought that we would slowly bleed down into the 3's after the PR on Monday morning.  

I don't think the paid article could be responsible for this uptick.  Someone I know suggested that it could be small leaks.  It seems if they are discussing results with a couple advisory boards, then there would be a much larger group that would be aware of the results.  The more people who are aware, the more likelyhood that information leaks out.

Agree with everyone, that seems to be a pretty even handed take.

One thing we know he has definitely seen a lot of biotechs in trials.  If he thinks this behavior is weird, he is probably right on that one.

I'm struggling to understand it myself.  This situation is just so far out of the norm and the results are so fantastic that no one can talk about it?

Doesn't make sense.

Chet, do you think it makes any sense honestly?
His main goal is to erode the confidence of the longs.  That's it.  I don't think he'd ever write anything complimentary about CYDY. Don't base your decision in anyway on anything he's written.  He's the scum of the Earth and is trying to enrich his scummy friend Joe Spiegel from BuyersStrike!  Those two should rot in hell for their actions.

His main goal is to erode the confidence of the longs.  That's it.  I don't think he'd ever write anything complimentary about CYDY. Don't base your decision in anyway on anything he's written.  He's the scum of the Earth and is trying to enrich his scummy friend Joe Spiegel from BuyersStrike!  Those two should rot in hell for their actions.
We get that...but I think DW is asking?

Do you really believe NP is keeping quiet on statistically significant results?

I'm having a hard time finding a reason for the stock to be rising right now.  I thought that we would slowly bleed down into the 3's after the PR on Monday morning.  

I don't think the paid article could be responsible for this uptick.  Someone I know suggested that it could be small leaks.  It seems if they are discussing results with a couple advisory boards, then there would be a much larger group that would be aware of the results.  The more people who are aware, the more likelyhood that information leaks out.
Possibly. I still have a very hard time believing they just unblinded Monday though.

I do.  I think he's in negotiations/discussions with the FDA and doesn't want to say anything that could jeopardize them.
Ok. So why would the FDA care? Why does it have to be kept under wraps?

I would imagine Biden would love to announce there's a "cure" for COVID and after seeing what's going on in GME, I don't doubt institutions would be gobbling up shares. 

I had don't understand the logic for NP or the FDA to keep this mum.

Not arguing. Just trying to think out loud and discuss.

Ok. So why would the FDA care? Why does it have to be kept under wraps?

I would imagine Biden would love to announce there's a "cure" for COVID and after seeing what's going on in GME, I don't doubt institutions would be gobbling up shares. 

I had don't understand the logic for NP or the FDA to keep this mum.

Not arguing. Just trying to think out loud and discuss.
NP has a horrible reputation with the regulators and the industry in general.  The FDA would care because they would be getting external pressure to approve before logistics (production, distribution, sharing with Canada and the UK) are finalized.  CYDY is a small company that struggles with easy tasks.  This approval will be unlike anything they've ever undertaken and NP and SK don't have the skill or experience to succeed without help. 

This is my best guess as to what's happening.

NP has a horrible reputation with the regulators and the industry in general.  The FDA would care because they would be getting external pressure to approve before logistics (production, distribution, sharing with Canada and the UK) are finalized.  CYDY is a small company that struggles with easy tasks.  This approval will be unlike anything they've ever undertaken and NP and SK don't have the skill or experience to succeed without help. 

This is my best guess as to what's happening.
That's the best take on this I've heard. Makes total sense. It also explains why NP would not be so eager to advertise what is happening.

I don't trust him, don't get me wrong.  He's proven he's not trustworthy.  Ive seen him lie outright.

This article didn't see as off to me but obviously we aren't seeing the whole picture behind the scenes. I also have not seen enough biotech trials to know if this is even somewhat normal

I don't trust him, don't get me wrong.  He's proven he's not trustworthy.  Ive seen him lie outright.

This article didn't see as off to me but obviously we aren't seeing the whole picture behind the scenes. I also have not seen enough biotech trials to know if this is even somewhat normal
His articles come off as paid advertisements now.  They used to mean something, but now I view it the same way I would view a Seeking Alpha article.  I think AF has lost a lot of credibility.

Users who are viewing this thread