Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread***


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

To get back on the buying/selling track, am I far off in thinking that our groupthink has us buying back in (or buying more) at or around $1.50? I sold a while back and would buy back half my shares at that level and the other half should it approach a buck. I’m waiting for another shoe to drop but watching intently. Thoughts? 

Another idea: I think this is both a trading stock (as claimed upthread) and a long term hold (see also: chet). Seems to warrant two tranches. I’m heading in that direction too. 

Edited by pecorino
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Charlie Harper said:

WRONG. 

A paper written by someone whose company stands to have a financial gain from the success of LL is hardly proof. The theory is sound, but a lot of things sound good in theory. So far LL has not delivered in practice.

It's great to believe in the drug, but saying that there is proof it works is extremely frustrating/annoying. You think if there was proof the FDA would keep the drug on the sidelines?  

Did you miss the part where it was peer reviewed?  Are you really that naive that you have no idea how the scientific review process works?  It certainly seems so and therefore you should be much more careful  before you make statements where you are so woefully misinformed. 

  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, pecorino said:

To get back on the buying/selling track, am I far off in thinking that our groupthink has us buying back in (or buying more) at or around $1.50? I sold a while back and would buy back half my shares at that level and the other half should it approach a buck. I’m waiting for another shoe to drop but watching intently. Thoughts? 

Another idea: I think this is both a trading stock (as claimed upthread) and a long term hold (see also: chet). Seems to warrant two tranches. I’m heading in that direction too. 

I've pretty much had that $1.50 number in my head but definitely going to  watch a bit.  I think we are going to get there faster than I thought, maybe today?

Just feels like there isn't any reversal in the short term.  Definitely don't know what the bottom will be so I'm going to be a little more patient. 

Really no good news came out of the CC yesterday that I heard.

Been wrong before but don't think it will be a one shot deal to get it at $1.50 so gonna be patient.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chet said:

Did you miss the part where it was peer reviewed?  Are you really that naive that you have no idea how the scientific review process works?  It certainly seems so and therefore you should be much more careful  before you make statements where you are so woefully misinformed. 

Again it's all theory. I agree with the theory behind LL. Sounded perfect. I invested because of the MOA that Patterson believed in. 

However, theory and trial results are two different things. 

1 million peer reviewers can agree with the MOA but if it can't even pass 1 clinical trial....it doesn't matter.

Edited by Charlie Harper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IC FBGCav said:

The stocks got alligator blood.

I think the fact that there’s so many shares outstanding that the price looks cheap. I’m shocked after the conference call, the FDA thing and no real movement on cancer/HIV that the company is still worth over $1B. Look at HGEN where everyone is much more optimistic. HGEN as a company is worth less than CYDY. Shocking to me, but because this is more of a cult based stock the price of under $2 makes it look cheaper than it truly is in terms of actual market cap.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, firstseason1987 said:

1 paper with irreproducible results is hardly confidence inspiring

Who are you and what results, specifically, are you claiming are irreproducible?

It's ironic that the naysayers automatically invalidate the work of a world class scientist with an impeccable record because he has a company and therefore any conclusions he draws must be marred because of his vested interest.  Yet you same people will take the word of a known short seller as gospel even though they have a proven track record for distorting the truth and outright lying.  

@BassNBrew I don't have the time to argue with an "investor" whose position totals 40 shares.  I suggest you sell them and take your best guy/gal out for a big night on the town.  You'll never have to visit this thread again, and we will both be happier.

  • Laughing 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, chet said:

Who are you and what results, specifically, are you claiming are irreproducible?

It's ironic that the naysayers automatically invalidate the work of a world class scientist with an impeccable record because he has a company and therefore any conclusions he draws must be marred because of his vested interest.  Yet you same people will take the word of a known short seller as gospel even though they have a proven track record for distorting the truth and outright lying.  

@BassNBrew I don't have the time to argue with an "investor" whose position totals 40 shares.  I suggest you sell them and take your best guy/gal out for a big night on the town.  You'll never have to visit this thread again, and we will both be happier.

Ummm none of the trials have showed more effective than placebo.

The FDA has said regarding CD10...

"With the conclusion of both the CD10 and CD12 clinical trials, it has become clear that the data currently available do not support the clinical benefit of leronlimab for the treatment of COVID-19. In the smaller study that CytoDyn conducted in patients with mild-to-moderate COVID-19 disease (CD10), there was no observed effect of the drug on the study’s primary endpoint or on any of the secondary endpoints. "

The FDA on CD12...

"The larger trial that CytoDyn conducted in patients with severe COVID-19 disease (CD12) also failed to find any effect of the drug on the primary study endpoint, with no difference seen in mortality (20.5% in the leronlimab treatment group and 21.6% in the placebo treatment group); or on any of the secondary endpoints, for example, with no difference on the average length of hospitalization (21.4 days in both the leronlimab and the placebo treatment groups)."

The FDA on subset populations...

"Subgroup analyses have well-established limitations, especially in the context of a clinical trial that has failed to show a benefit in the overall study population. For example, subgroups are often small, and therefore imbalances are common. Here, the data from CD12 illustrated imbalances in mortality among subgroups, some favoring leronlimab and some favoring placebo. None of these analyses met statistical significance when using established and reliable analytical methods that correct for multiple comparisons. However, as noted above, such analyses may inform the design of future clinical trials investigating leronlimab for the treatment of COVID-19. "

THESE ARE THE FDAs OWN WORDS!! NOT SHORT SELLERS.

So despite the peer reviewd MOA that Patterson believes in so much to have his company produce test for it......LL HAS NOT PROVEN EFFECTIVE IN THE REAL WORLD.

Your refusal to acknowledge that LL has not yet proven effective is delusional at this point and also screams like the opposite of a short....an insider pump. I hate saying that but that's truly what it's starting to sound like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chet said:

Who are you and what results, specifically, are you claiming are irreproducible?

It's ironic that the naysayers automatically invalidate the work of a world class scientist with an impeccable record because he has a company and therefore any conclusions he draws must be marred because of his vested interest.  Yet you same people will take the word of a known short seller as gospel even though they have a proven track record for distorting the truth and outright lying.  

@BassNBrew I don't have the time to argue with an "investor" whose position totals 40 shares.  I suggest you sell them and take your best guy/gal out for a big night on the town.  You'll never have to visit this thread again, and we will both be happier.

We I'm glad I sold the other 2500 at a price significantly higher that where it sits today.  The remaining 40 shares wouldn't even buy a good lunch.

By the way, you were the one who asked anyone owning shares to PM you, which is where I disclosed I was down to forty shares, and didn't have the decency to respond.  If you weren't going to respond, you shouldn't have asked.  

Furthermore, pretty classless to take shots at people who have a dissenting viewpoint on a stock as well as people who have saved people thousands of dollars in losses.  As great as you're call was at 50 cents, the guys who said to get out in the $5 to $6 range were just as valuable to the investors here.  Many here including myself have posted kudos and wished you well in maximizing this investment.  Pretty ####ty to dump on people here because the FDA says that there's no proof the drug works.

By the way, your world class scientist isn't even using LL in his long hauler work.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

 

By the way, your world class scientist isn't even using LL in his long hauler work.

I don't think he can.  He tweeted in a reply 3-4 months ago he wished he could.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

, you were the one who asked anyone owning shares to PM you, which is where I disclosed I was down to forty shares, and didn't have the decency to respond.  If you weren't going to respond, you shouldn't have asked.  

 

What was this all about anyway? Never got a return PM. Made it just feel scammy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

I don't think he can.  He tweeted in a reply 3-4 months ago he wished he could.

Yep.  He tweeted the other day that LL isn’t available to him.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Yep.  He tweeted the other day that LL isn’t available to him.  

Well obviously believes there are other options that work. Is he limited to approved drugs in his study?

also I thought LL was available in the US in certain situations?  Did that authorization get pulled by the FDA?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not going to get in the middle of this tiff, but thought I’d post that chet called me (and a lot of other folks) when he did not really need to do that. Shared what he needed to share and was very gracious. He’s been 100% a stand-up guy in my book and all while helping many of us make four, five, even six figures. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Well obviously believes there are other options that work. Is he limited to approved drugs in his study?

also I thought LL was available in the US in certain situations?  Did that authorization get pulled by the FDA?

These things I do not know.  Just know he posted LL wasn't available to him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

We I'm glad I sold the other 2500 at a price significantly higher that where it sits today.  The remaining 40 shares wouldn't even buy a good lunch.

By the way, you were the one who asked anyone owning shares to PM you, which is where I disclosed I was down to forty shares, and didn't have the decency to respond.  If you weren't going to respond, you shouldn't have asked.  

Furthermore, pretty classless to take shots at people who have a dissenting viewpoint on a stock as well as people who have saved people thousands of dollars in losses.  As great as you're call was at 50 cents, the guys who said to get out in the $5 to $6 range were just as valuable to the investors here.  Many here including myself have posted kudos and wished you well in maximizing this investment.  Pretty ####ty to dump on people here because the FDA says that there's no proof the drug works.

By the way, your world class scientist isn't even using LL in his long hauler work.

 

On 5/17/2021 at 6:08 PM, BassNBrew said:

Glad I'm only holding 40 shares.  Probably will buy 60 10 minutes in tomorrow and dump all around 10 am.

You disclosed here that you held 40 shares.  I am not taking shots at anyone but it's ridiculous to be the loudest person in the thread with almost no exposure to the stock.  And how many times have you accused me of pumping?  I also sold a significant amount in the $5-7 range and was very vocal about it.  

I tried to reach out to everyone who PMd me but to expect a call with 40 shares is ridiculous.  You should be embarrassed that I have to explain this to you but if you had any common sense, you'd understand why I read your message and moved on.  I have tried to keep people up to date on this company while protecting myself but you seem to be more interested in mocking me.

Then you make statements about the world class doctor not even using LL.  To be so misinformed about his intentions and then to make misleading statements is irresponsible.  But hey, you're the guy who quotes the short sellers as gospel.  It really shows how little you know about this company or situation.

I have wasted enough time on this stupid discussion.  I am moving on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, firstseason1987 said:

What was this all about anyway? Never got a return PM. Made it just feel scammy.

I have no idea who you are.  You have 30 posts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, chet said:

I have no idea who you are.  You have 30 posts.

Blame mods with itchy trigger fingers. Been here more than 10 years. I didn't realize you were going to be so picky about who you deign to respond to. 

Edited by firstseason1987
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, firstseason1987 said:

Blame mods with itchy trigger fingers. Been here more than 10 years. I didn't realize you were going to be so picky about who you deign to respond to. 

Low post counts always throw up a red flag to old timers.  My new aliases are treated that way too until people figure out who you are.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, firstseason1987 said:

Blame mods with itchy trigger fingers. Been here more than 10 years. I didn't realize you were going to be so picky about who you deign to respond to. 

Again, the attitude so you will get some back.  If you've been around for as long as you say, you'd know that others have suggested that some in this thread have nefarious intent.  How am I supposed to know who you are or what your intentions are?  If you wanted a response, you should have provided an explanation. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, chet said:

Again, the attitude so you will get some back.  If you've been around for as long as you say, you'd know that others have suggested that some in this thread have nefarious intent.  How am I supposed to know who you are or what your intentions are?  If you wanted a response, you should have provided an explanation. 

 

As I said before, I want some kind of explanation about what kind of shady deal you have going on that can only be explained in PM and not on the board before I turn over any more information to you. I don't even need it from you, any of the other people you've deemed worthy of sharing your info with can let me in on it too if they want. But I'm not giving up any more private personal info to anyone until I have a better idea why. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, chet said:

 

You disclosed here that you held 40 shares.  I am not taking shots at anyone but it's ridiculous to be the loudest person in the thread with almost no exposure to the stock.  And how many times have you accused me of pumping?  I also sold a significant amount in the $5-7 range and was very vocal about it.  

I tried to reach out to everyone who PMd me but to expect a call with 40 shares is ridiculous.  You should be embarrassed that I have to explain this to you but if you had any common sense, you'd understand why I read your message and moved on.  I have tried to keep people up to date on this company while protecting myself but you seem to be more interested in mocking me.

Then you make statements about the world class doctor not even using LL.  To be so misinformed about his intentions and then to make misleading statements is irresponsible.  But hey, you're the guy who quotes the short sellers as gospel.  It really shows how little you know about this company or situation.

I have wasted enough time on this stupid discussion.  I am moving on.

I PMd you on May 7th when the stock price was around $3. Why would I want the have exposure to a stock threat was going to lose 35% of its value.  I’m already a moron for holding 30 shares through the conference call yesterday. I refrain from describing anyone who had a large stake. 
 

By the way, I just noticed the PM I sent was unread. I guess you can add lying to your resume of spreading falsehoods that the FDA has debunked.  
 

never was personal until you began talking crap to anyone who had a differing opinion. As you might recall you posted something here that I quoted that you were concerned might not be in your best interest. When you PMd me I edited that post at your request immediately to hide the quote. 
 

Good day and I hope your investment works out well for you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

Low post counts always throw up a red flag to old timers.  My new aliases are treated that way too until people figure out who you are.  

While it's fair, it's got nothing to do with the original request that people PM him that I can figure out. Unless there's some kind of "trusted insider people only" thing going on which I obviously cannot guess the backstory behind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BassNBrew said:

By the way, I just noticed the PM I sent was unread. I guess you can add lying to your resume of spreading falsehoods that the FDA has debunked.  

 

Didn't even think to check. My PM sits unread as well. Guess it's SEUT guys only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, IC FBGCav said:

Low post counts always throw up a red flag to old timers.  My new aliases are treated that way too until people figure out who you are.  

It’s the drunk posting that gives it away 😂

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, firstseason1987 said:

While it's fair, it's got nothing to do with the original request that people PM him that I can figure out. Unless there's some kind of "trusted insider people only" thing going on which I obviously cannot guess the backstory behind.

Nothing wrong with only sharing with your good buddies, just admit it and move on.  All most of us have been doing is sharing our opinion to help others.  I was balls deep in this stock and it became a > 20% position for me last year during the big run up.  The last straw for me was the delay in the latest trial results and the insider selling.  That was when i started liquidating 5% chunks each day until I got down to nearly nothing.  Once the results came out and the spin of it working when you sliced and diced the study group into small subsets was published I knew it was time to say adios.  I'll keep my small position more for tracking purposes and keep up with this thread because there have been some pretty smart traders posting in here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I PMd you on May 7th when the stock price was around $3. Why would I want the have exposure to a stock threat was going to lose 35% of its value.  I’m already a moron for holding 30 shares through the conference call yesterday. I refrain from describing anyone who had a large stake. 
 

By the way, I just noticed the PM I sent was unread. I guess you can add lying to your resume of spreading falsehoods that the FDA has debunked.  
 

never was personal until you began talking crap to anyone who had a differing opinion. As you might recall you posted something here that I quoted that you were concerned might not be in your best interest. When you PMd me I edited that post at your request immediately to hide the quote. 
 

Good day and I hope your investment works out well for you. 

Lying and spreading falsehoods?  You're the only one guilty of that.  I make you thousands and you make unfounded accusations?  You're a hell of a guy--just glad I've never had the misfortune of real life interactions with you.  

I'm done with this.  Welcome to my ignore list.  I should have done it sooner.  I forgot my lesson to not engage with idiots--they drag me down to their level and beat me with experience every time.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, chet said:

Lying and spreading falsehoods?  You're the only one guilty of that.  I make you thousands and you make unfounded accusations?  You're a hell of a guy--just glad I've never had the misfortune of real life interactions with you.  

I'm done with this.  Welcome to my ignore list.  I should have done it sooner.  I forgot my lesson to not engage with idiots--they drag me down to their level and beat me with experience every time.  

Guy is on full tilt.  I guess I should cut him a break given how the FDA validated all the recent "short hit pieces".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, firstseason1987 said:

you've deemed worthy of sharing your info with can let me in on it too if they want. But I'm not giving up any more private personal info to anyone until I have a better idea why. 

Your position is very weird to me.  You want to know what’s going on but you’re unwilling to take the steps to find out. Then you’re upset you don’t know what’s going on.  Sounds like a you problem to me.  🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chet's original "promise" was to be transparent with all his moves related to this stock, and for a long time he was.  Then we needed to send a PM to get an update and many of our PMs were ignored.  Then we needed to provide a phone number for a 15 minute phone conversation.... so I can see why people are uneasy with the changes in the way he is handling things recently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Steeler said:

Chet's original "promise" was to be transparent with all his moves related to this stock, and for a long time he was.  Then we needed to send a PM to get an update and many of our PMs were ignored.  Then we needed to provide a phone number for a 15 minute phone conversation.... so I can see why people are uneasy with the changes in the way he is handling things recently. 

Wishful thinking was that he was that he was part of a group trying to oust Nadar.  The reality is that this company is so diluted that would be next to impossible at these prices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got no issue with Chet here. Opposite in fact. And I've lost money on this #######g thing (that's my fault).I think he's been on the receiving end of some smartassedness that was probably undeserving. Way I see it, he stuck to his guns and even dug his heels in when it looked/was bad. He doubled- and tripled-down. But as he did that, he became a target for many, and that, fairly I think, got under his skin at some point. Leave the dude alone. So what if he keeps pimping this thing? It's not like he's defending NP. Opposite in fact.

Do your own due diligence.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DEADHEAD said:

I've got no issue with Chet here. Opposite in fact. And I've lost money on this #######g thing (that's my fault).I think he's been on the receiving end of some smartassedness that was probably undeserving. Way I see it, he stuck to his guns and even dug his heels in when it looked/was bad. He doubled- and tripled-down. But as he did that, he became a target for many, and that, fairly I think, got under his skin at some point. Leave the dude alone. So what if he keeps pimping this thing? It's not like he's defending NP. Opposite in fact.

Do your own due diligence.

We are doing our own due diligence.  Chet is the one who took personal shots at anyone who posted anything negative about LL and violated this boards TOS.  Most if not all of the negative comments were directed towards NP or the drugs prospects of getting approved.  Time after time Chet would then step in  and personally call out those posting anything other than pro-cydy messages.  I for one am very appreciative that some of the dissenters put up with the BS tossed at them and continued to post.  They saved me a lot of money and help me do my own due diligence.  

Maybe the solution is two threads, one where only pom-poms and moonshots are allowed and another where we can discuss the impact of the failure of the drug to meet endpoints and the FDAs dismantling and total rebut of everything cody has done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm definitely not taking sides either.  I think everyone in here has been stand up and now we're at the point where there are just dissenting opinions about the efficacy of leronlimab.

Bass has made good points about the subsets and how anyone aged between 55 and 62 in Clark County seemed to fair well.  It's kind of funny, we can laugh.  There is also some truth in it.

Chet has absolutely been a stand up guy, has given us a big winner (he said to buy it at .29, let's not forget) and ultimately he may be right that leronlimab will be able to prove it out.  We aren't there yet but that hardly means it doesn't have a future.

This is a good thread and it's great to have differing opinions.  At the end of the day, we all just want to make money.  Whether it happens with this company or another one in the stock thread, let's try not to make it personal when there are disagreements but for sure everyone should continue to stand by what they are thinking.

Edited by Dwayne Hoover
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Charlie Harper, I think at this point you and the FDA are right.  They didn't prove it out, seems plain as day.

Does that mean in a better designed trial we could get a different result?  The jury is still out on this.

They may not have gotten the dosage right, it may not have had a legit chance.  They also may not have matched the populations between placebo and leronlimab as fairly as it should have been.

There are definitely questions that came out of that trial so perhaps they still can do better in the future.  It's a matter if this company can actually pull it off and not screw up the next chance that they get.

I definitely have some mixed feelings and it could go either way..  Regardless it may be a very tradeable stock still.  The CYDY community will keep buying, that much seems like something we can count on.  So a good price and it may be worth another flyer.

Edited by Dwayne Hoover
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dwayne Hoover said:

 

 

2 hours ago, DEADHEAD said:

I've got no issue with Chet here. Opposite in fact. And I've lost money on this #######g thing (that's my fault).I think he's been on the receiving end of some smartassedness that was probably undeserving. Way I see it, he stuck to his guns and even dug his heels in when it looked/was bad. He doubled- and tripled-down. But as he did that, he became a target for many, and that, fairly I think, got under his skin at some point. Leave the dude alone. So what if he keeps pimping this thing? It's not like he's defending NP. Opposite in fact.

Do your own due diligence.

I'm fine with Chet believing in LL, but stating that it's a fact that LL works and calling anyone who interpreted the clinical trials THE EXACT SAME WAY AS THE FDA a short was just too much for me to bear silently. 

Ok. I'll keep quiet again. Hope everything works out for everyone

Edited by Charlie Harper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Chaz McNulty said:

Sure are a lot of people piling on.  He made most of us money.

I think it’s a good cautionary tale. Getting in early is almost a must as I know it’s the only reason I made money. The folks who buy GME at $5 expecting $45 have a much better shot than the people who jumped in at $400 expecting $1000. Then you need to lighten the load like @Todem always says if you get a great gain. You also can’t ignore the facts when they come out like the trial results and the CEO lies. Lastly, there are always other opportunities. There’s tons of stocks that do well, so it’s never a bad thing to move on if you aren’t happy or comfortable and find something else in which to invest.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was reading the Ihub board on HGEN.  Some of those guys think an EUA submittal will really shoot the stock up.  I kind of disagree.  It may go up a little, but is an EUA submittal really a market moving event?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, unckeyherb said:

I think anything forward-moving is market moving, but I could be wrong.

Generally speaking, but they already announced they will submit one by the end of May.  It will not be a surprise.  Everyone knows it's coming, and the stock is being held under $20.  

I'm just wondering if you think we see a quick spike upward and then it falls back down again.  To me, hitting the primary endpoint in a phase 3 trial is way better news than filing the EUA.  And the stock spiked and fell back with that news.

Obviously, getting the EUA is the real event, as that sets you on your way to revenue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...