What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Well, I held CYDY stock when it hit $10.01. Kicking myself now.
Oh I did too. And all my shares at that point were $.29.  Epic fail.  But I still did well on my CYDY for sure. Unfortunately that has now all been given back, plus a big chunk, via HGEN.  

Definitely a bunch based on the stock thread. I think only that Whyatt guy was really heavily invested (some others probably had a good chunk), but he was the guy who got people into it. Based on the split, it was in the 30s back when the investment angle popped up. I didn’t feel like getting into the same ride again. I feel really lucky to have made a nice chunk of change on one based on both companies’ current price.
@Whyatt, any thoughts on today's news and action?  I have a small position at just under $17, wondering if any point in holding or just time to move on.

SFBayDuck said:
@Whyatt, any thoughts on today's news and action?  I have a small position at just under $17, wondering if any point in holding or just time to move on.
Yes, SF, I have plenty of thoughts.

Developing therapeutics for Covid has proven to be really difficult, virtually every program has been delayed, failed, or otherwise challenged. I’m really struggling with how a Lenz’s successful P3 trial which had input from US government (BARDA, OWS) is somehow not viewed as sufficient for EUA. This is after FDA review and being encouraged to submit an EUA application. Seems HGEN was set to fail here.

I think the ongoing NIH trial will be successful, but it won’t be completed until year end. Meanwhile material events could happen, like approval in other countries, but I’m not counting on it. So we could be looking at 6 months of scraping the bottom here. That said, I think Lenz will eventually be approved drug in 2022 and could have a intrinsic value of 3 to 5 billion, vs HGENs current market cap of < 500 million. The company isn’t in danger of running out of cash.

So I’m a bag holder here.

Developing therapeutics for Covid has proven to be really difficult, virtually every program has been delayed, failed, or otherwise challenged. I’m really struggling with how a Lenz’s successful P3 trial which had input from US government (BARDA, OWS) is somehow not viewed as sufficient for EUA. This is after FDA review and being encouraged to submit an EUA application. Seems HGEN was set to fail here.

I think the ongoing NIH trial will be successful, but it won’t be completed until year end. Meanwhile material events could happen, like approval in other countries, but I’m not counting on it. So we could be looking at 6 months of scraping the bottom here. That said, I think Lenz will eventually be approved drug in 2022 and could have a intrinsic value of 3 to 5 billion, vs HGENs current market cap of < 500 million. The company isn’t in danger of running out of cash.

The other fallout from yesterday is it makes it unlikely England approves. Oh well, back to waiting. 

4 hours ago, Whyatt said:

Expand  
The other fallout from yesterday is it makes it unlikely England approves. Oh well, back
As I’m in at an around a 19 holding seems like my only real opinion.  I’ve already lost 2/3 of my investment.   Might as well hope for some kind of rebound.  

I think the deck is pretty stacked against these smaller biotechs as they don't have the advantage of running the hugely powered trials that Big Pharma is afforded to do.

HGEN seemed to manage the process as well as they could.  The jury is out just the same as CYDY though in how beneficial the drug really is.  I still believe that leronlimab is the superior of the two drugs and can help more people.  At best, lenzilumab would have had a very narrow population that it was prescribed for. 

HGEN designed a trial that they could hit their primary endpoint, that's something CYDY couldn't do but at the end of the day it doesn't seem like the FDA was overly impressed with their trial design either.  

IMO we may have overjudged lenzilumab a bit and I think leronlimab may still be underjudged but CYDY definitely needs to prove it out.

Tread lightly with these stocks for sure and both may be better suited for trading.  I do think CYDY will have another run and I think HGEN will be higher than it is today as they get closer to having data from their Big Effect Trial.  Holding either through any approval though is where it starts to get dangerous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they doing a Brazilian trial? If so, that’s fine I guess but the fda won’t accept those results. Have they just totally given up on ever getting any US approval?

I guess there was a call today? I used to be pretty on top of when calls were going to happen, barely care right now.

Was checking the various boards though and the longs seem to think it went well.  They are excited about the Philippines again?  Can't trust any of these people but they seem to think something good is about to happen.

I guess there was a call today? I used to be pretty on top of when calls were going to happen, barely care right now.

Was checking the various boards though and the longs seem to think it went well.  They are excited about the Philippines again?  Can't trust any of these people but they seem to think something good is about to happen.
Still don’t understand how with no US approval  any other country approves it. And there’s no US trial (that I know of). :shrug:  

Still don’t understand how with no US approval  any other country approves it. And there’s no US trial (that I know of). :shrug:  

Yeah, im not anticipating anything like that happening anytime soon.  If the Brazil trial did go well, that may change things a bit (at least in Brazil) but obviously not even close to that completing

It was a "conference". A "conference" that CYDY paid to be in attendance. I believe these "conferences" are run like 3 times a week.

I’m down to a 100 shares but it’s still nice to see green. It’s been a lot of red in my portfolio recently.  

Been tradin in and out.  I've doubled my holdings for free over the last few weeks.  Expecting another drop soon; hoping to increase more.

Hard to know what is going on besides the 13d being smacked around. No news on LL, as far as I can tell. Seems to be a lot of positive energy around Brazil and Philippines.

I can't see this continuing, this run is surprising even by CYDY standards.

I will reload though on the next dip into the 1.30s, you can't keep this thing down for good
Yea that’s my thinking. Unload today or tomorrow, get back in on the dip. There is no catalyst for this to surge to 3 or 4 anytime soon, at least not before I could get back in. 

I last bought in at $2.17, so it is nice to see it above that number. Too bad those shares account for less than 2% of my holdings.

Third Brazil trial approved for critical patients.

Link

also in the FB group, an article about another well know person in the Phillipines seeing a dramatic turn around after taking LL.

They changed the dosing from subcutaneous to IV and increased from two doses to four per week. I'm actually interested to see how this plays out. 

So I still don’t get the long term plan? Approval in Brazil? 

Have they totally given up on the US?
Seems like a nice run up if you bought at the bottom, but long term, it does seem like they’ve given up on the US. I guess than long hauler thing is still going, which is important. One of my wife’s co-workers got it (she regrets not vaccinating, damn misinformation), but she has said she’s still foggy at times. I bet there’s going to be a lot of that so medicine that could help with that is still important, but might not be a huge money maker. Also, that other group seems to have been knocked around so it’s funny that people were hoping for the white knight but that seems to have faded and the stock’s up.

You know, I haven’t said I’m glad I sold for a while, but I guess I don’t feel like bringing it up anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread