What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CYDY/Leronlimab Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Previous conversions were set at $4.5 and $0.50 I think from the same folks.

I post the info to say that the company has been able to get multi-million dollar loans before, without much collateral, on similar terms, which indicates that seeing results likely wasn't part of the deal.

Still, having cash for operations is a big deal, but the 10% terms and conversion to share prices above the current share price seems like it has been previously done by the lender before (if it is indeed the same one - seems likely).

ETA: I do agree that the lender has to expect to be able to capture benefit from the terms of the loan, and if they think the share price conversion price should be $10, then its' reasonable to assume the lender has good reason to believe it reasonable the stock price will be above that during the term of the loan.

But again, they did the same terms before when no results were available...so to assume this means the lender saw results and is bullish is, imo, not consistent with the two previous loans where that couldn't have happened.  They may be bullish for other reasons, but it's unlikely it's because they got a peek at good results.
What were the stock prices at for the previous deals?

What were the stock prices at for the previous deals?
Jan 30, 2019: $5.7 million loan, $0.50 conversion price. SP was right around $.50, maybe $.53 or so.

Mar 31, 2020: 17.1 million loan (which I'm not sure, but may include 2.1 from previous loan) at $4.50 conversion price.  SP around $2.67 on Mar 31st.

Not sure how much of the $28.5 million includes amounts from the previous loan - maybe 3.5 million from previous?  But it seems reasonably clear that they're paying off these loans through stock conversion.

So with their recently passed ability to add another 100 million shares, they're in reasonable shape to handle this kind of loan in the event they need the shares to pay it off.  When you don't have revenue, it's tough to do much else...with an approved product comes revenue I would assume, so as long as they keep moving forward they'll stay ahead of the Poorhousen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care if they're the Genoveses. They did the deal because they think the stock will be worth a lot more than $10 in the near future.
Likely true.  If they believe giving the company cash makes it more likely they get uplisted, or FDA approved, or can do more clinical trials, and if those things happen the share price will gain over $10, then its' a pretty good bet.  Works just fine for CYDY as well.

My only real point is that this loan doesn't signify that the lender saw any results.  It's a gamble by the lender that the company gets uplisted imo, or FDA approved, or has good results for treating Covid.  Any or all of those situations panning out works out well for them, and CYDY.  Seems a good deal for both.  It just has nothing to do with any inside knowledge of the results for Covid - maybe more so a confidence in $10 share price relatively soon, which in and of itself is a good thing.

Guaranteed to have a hit piece in the morning picking knits out of this financing PR.  Shouldn't surprise any investors that have been paying attention.   May even make for a better buying opportunity after the mid-morning price fall.  

The PR is good news. Not earth shattering,  but good. Good things to come. 

Likely true.  If they believe giving the company cash makes it more likely they get uplisted, or FDA approved, or can do more clinical trials, and if those things happen the share price will gain over $10, then its' a pretty good bet.  Works just fine for CYDY as well.

My only real point is that this loan doesn't signify that the lender saw any results.  It's a gamble by the lender that the company gets uplisted imo, or FDA approved, or has good results for treating Covid.  Any or all of those situations panning out works out well for them, and CYDY.  Seems a good deal for both.  It just has nothing to do with any inside knowledge of the results for Covid - maybe more so a confidence in $10 share price relatively soon, which in and of itself is a good thing.
Agree with this take. It’s seems like an encouraging sign, but not an omen of absolute positivity.

Lol man you guys can pull a negative out of anything 
I just never heard of them so I looked them up. It’s certainly possible they tend to give money to extremely speculative penny stocks because one homerun can make up for several whiffs.

So they're pretty much just a bunch of Chets.

I just never heard of them so I looked them up. It’s certainly possible they tend to give money to extremely speculative penny stocks because one homerun can make up for several whiffs.
This isn't a penny stock anymore.  They are less than $2.50 from being in the bottom of the S&P500.

This isn't a penny stock anymore.  They are less than $2.50 from being in the bottom of the S&P500.
It was when they started giving them money.

ETA: I want this to succeed by the way. Just mentioning their funding history.

Jan 30, 2019: $5.7 million loan, $0.50 conversion price. SP was right around $.50, maybe $.53 or so.

Mar 31, 2020: 17.1 million loan (which I'm not sure, but may include 2.1 from previous loan) at $4.50 conversion price.  SP around $2.67 on Mar 31st.

Not sure how much of the $28.5 million includes amounts from the previous loan - maybe 3.5 million from previous?  But it seems reasonably clear that they're paying off these loans through stock conversion.

So with their recently passed ability to add another 100 million shares, they're in reasonable shape to handle this kind of loan in the event they need the shares to pay it off.  When you don't have revenue, it's tough to do much else...with an approved product comes revenue I would assume, so as long as they keep moving forward they'll stay ahead of the Poorhousen.
"We are very pleased with the continued support and tremendous confidence demonstrated by this institution’s fourth financing round with us. "

So this 4th financing arrangement with this institution. They must be making $ off these transactions. This current financing is the largest amount to date.

Since 2016 Iliad Research and Trading has been involved with approximately 28 different companies. The vast majority have since experienced significant decreases in their share prices, in some cases greater than 99%. The average annualised rate of return for 27 of these 28 companies is a horrific -49%

https://utopiacap.com/2020/03/18/iliad-research-and-trading/

Silver lining: Maybe CYDY is the one exception they listed.

This loan sends some serious signals. If tomorrow's call doesn't address results that presumably form the basis for the bank to grant the loan, you can bet there will be questions on it in the Q&A. Bank has probably seen the results and liked the risk. Bank probably knows the terms of the other agreements too, like manufacturing and distribution. This is good enough for me to sit on no news tomorrow. Absent good trial results, we may have nowhere to go but down after market close tomorrow.

Aside from the fact that the share price usually drops when NP is yapping, any regulatory or legal reason the call would be scheduled when the market is closed? 

Finally a night where I might go to sleep thinking positively about tomorrow. 
You guys suck.

I am very excited to share with all of our stakeholders the excitement we have around our COVID-19 therapies during tomorrow’s conference call, as well as our expected timelines.”
So at least it doesn't sound like the results are going to be bad or mediocre based on "our excitement around our covid therapies" comment.  I know NP is always excited but if the team shares his excitement it seems we won't hear anything negative.  We won't have results either, but optimism from Dr. Jay and others about how the analysis is going is encouraging, imo.

I hope by "as well as our expected timelines" he means they expect an answer for uplisting soon.  

siffoin said:
It's a great question.

Another would be: If you or a loved one were infected with Covid and needed pharmaceutical treatment - knowing what you know about all potential treatment options available or in trial studies- which would you chose?
Answered that a while ago.  Early stages dexamethasone.  If it progresses add LL.

BassNBrew said:
The last financial statement shows $29,000 in property, plant, and equipment (basically less than what's in my garage) and $14.5 million in intangible assets.  This loan isn't secured by jackchet.
I'm going with ficus. Those things are 💰.

Do you feel good about that?  serious question
Yes.

I've played the game and made $10k off the stock, but I've never had a good feeling about what I see from the company itself.

Every day that passes brings us closer to a vaccine, every day Nader talks I feel worse.  Think I am taking my ball and going home.

Of course if it tanks on some crazy short attack i might be lured back in for another trade.....

I've decided I'm not going to chase this stock.  I have a buy order in at 5.  I'm ok if it fills.  I'm ok if it doesn't.

Every time I have chased, which is unfortunately every time, it has burned me.

Users who are viewing this thread