What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is there an app for this? (Video chat) (1 Viewer)

ghostguy123

Footballguy
If my son is at home playing on his tablet (he is 4), is there an app that would allow me to call him for a video chat?  Something that will pop up on his screen so that he can accept the call?  

He is 4, so obviously he isn't going to go into an email and accept an invite or whatever.  

Simple and easy, I call him, it pops up on his screen regardless of what he is doing on his tablet, and he answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
He does not have an apple device if that matters.

I am aware of Skype, facetime, zoom........but do any of them do what I ask, which is pop up on his screen without him having to do anything?

As in, the call is linked to his device, not to him being logged into anything.

No, I am not getting him a phone

He does not have an apple device if that matters.

I am aware of Skype, facetime, zoom........but do any of them do what I ask, which is pop up on his screen without him having to do anything?

As in, the call is linked to his device, not to him being logged into anything.

No, I am not getting him a phone
Duo?

Duo will do it. You can setup a Google account and Duo for him on the tablet he uses and call that. 

ETA: I get accidental Snapchat calls from family members that put you in video conference, but you may not want to go there.

Without having to accept or answer? I don't know if any app that overrides everything else with an incoming call.

Without having to accept or answer? I don't know if any app that overrides everything else with an incoming call.
I didn't say without having to accept or answer.  I want something to pop up that he would need to accept or decline.

However, if there WAS something that just popped up and immediately began a video chat, even better.

My littles have the Facebook messenger kids app. It does what you’re asking. Then you can connect them with other people you want to allow like friends, grandparents, etc. It will pop up like a video call. 

My littles have the Facebook messenger kids app. It does what you’re asking. Then you can connect them with other people you want to allow like friends, grandparents, etc. It will pop up like a video call. 
Sweet I will look into this.  

Will he need to be logged into a facebook account for it to pop up?

Users who are viewing this thread