What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jets trade Jamal Adams to Seahawks for multiple 1st-round picks (1 Viewer)

Ironically this hurts his value and helps McDougald's tremendously.  Adams will be playing behind a fleet of stud LB if Wright is healthy so there doesn't seem to be a lot of action likely to get to him.  They will use him all over the place so he'll manufacture some TFL and sacks.  Meanwhile McDougald will be cleaning up after a couple of guys coming off season-enders and a rookie that looked lost at times. 

Well by the time we play again in 2021 those SEA LB's may start showing their age and the Jets might get healthy and this flips.

Ironically this hurts his value and helps McDougald's tremendously.  Adams will be playing behind a fleet of stud LB if Wright is healthy so there doesn't seem to be a lot of action likely to get to him.  They will use him all over the place so he'll manufacture some TFL and sacks.  Meanwhile McDougald will be cleaning up after a couple of guys coming off season-enders and a rookie that looked lost at times. 

Well by the time we play again in 2021 those SEA LB's may start showing their age and the Jets might get healthy and this flips.
I'm not so sure about that.  Kam Chancellor was a stud safety behind those same LB's.  I tend to believe that Adams will have that same role and value.

I'm not so sure about that.  Kam Chancellor was a stud safety behind those same LB's.  I tend to believe that Adams will have that same role and value.
Chancellor was vastly overrated.  His best single-season total was 75 solos (twice) and 13.4 PPG in 2011.  He was S6 that year but 2012 and 2013 he averaged 10.75 both years and was S27 and downhill from there.  Last year 8 safeties (and 1 CB) averaged over 13.4 PPG.  Adams was only at 14.0 when he had the field to himself and was used all over like that.  Not sure he'll get that same action in this D.

There is a difference between being a stud NFL safety and being a stud NFL safety for fantasy purposes.  Chancellor was a good NFL safety and was ok for IDP.  Adams value in the IDP world takes a hit going to the Seahawks.  He will still be a great NFL safety. 

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a difference between being a stud NFL safety and being a stud NFL safety for fantasy purposes.  Chancellor was a good NFL safety and was ok for IDP.  Adams value in the IDP world takes a hit going to the Seahawks.  He will still be a great NFL safety. 
Hmmm...I just went back and checked.  In our league, Kam finished:
2011- #5 Overall DB
2012- #34 Overall DB
2013- #7 Overall DB
2014- #39 Overall DB
2015- #11 Overall DB
2016- #6 Overall DB
2017- IR'd/Career done

So, 4 out of 6 years he finished at #11 or better, and three of those were #7 or better.  I think that's pretty studly.  At least better than ok.  I could be wrong, but I still think Adams will still maintain "stud" status.  Not to mention Wagner and Wright have a good bit of mileage on them.

Hmmm...I just went back and checked.  In our league, Kam finished:
2011- #5 Overall DB
2012- #34 Overall DB
2013- #7 Overall DB
2014- #39 Overall DB
2015- #11 Overall DB
2016- #6 Overall DB
2017- IR'd/Career done

So, 4 out of 6 years he finished at #11 or better, and three of those were #7 or better.  I think that's pretty studly.  At least better than ok.  I could be wrong, but I still think Adams will still maintain "stud" status.  Not to mention Wagner and Wright have a good bit of mileage on them.
In my scoring he was way off those stud years.  He finished the following:

2011 - 10th DB

2012 - 69th DB

2013 - 42nd DB

2014 - 90th DB

2105 - 78th DB

2016 - 33rd DB

Far from studly.  So maybe your scoring elevates the things he did in your play.  Either way he was inconsistent (every other year up and down fairly significantly).  To me that does not equal stud DB. 

In my scoring he was way off those stud years.  He finished the following:

2011 - 10th DB

2012 - 69th DB

2013 - 42nd DB

2014 - 90th DB

2105 - 78th DB

2016 - 33rd DB

Far from studly.  So maybe your scoring elevates the things he did in your play.  Either way he was inconsistent (every other year up and down fairly significantly).  To me that does not equal stud DB. 
Yeah, I had just come to that conclusion myself.  We score tackles and assists the same, so it probably makes a big difference as Kam had a lot of assists.  No worries- makes for good conversation.

Yeah, I had just come to that conclusion myself.  We score tackles and assists the same, so it probably makes a big difference as Kam had a lot of assists.  No worries- makes for good conversation.
We do too at 1 pt each.  But we give 3 pts for Pass break up and 7 pts for INT, and 8 pts for sack (total with QBH and TFL rolled into it).  So if he doesn't pick off many passes, get breakups or sacks he falls pretty quick. 

We do too at 1 pt each.  But we give 3 pts for Pass break up and 7 pts for INT, and 8 pts for sack (total with QBH and TFL rolled into it).  So if he doesn't pick off many passes, get breakups or sacks he falls pretty quick. 
So, your league is basically big-play dependent.  That makes sense as to why Kam would be ranked much lower.  We do:
6 pts for a tackle/assist
3 pts for a sack/tfl
5 pts for forced fumble
5 pts for a fumble recovery
10 pts for an INT
6 pts for a pass defended

So, your league is basically big-play dependent.  That makes sense as to why Kam would be ranked much lower.  We do:
3 pts for a sack/tfl
5 pts for forced fumble
10 pts for an INT
1 pt per tackle and assist

3 pts for a sack

2 pts for TFL

3 pts for QBH

3 pts for pass defensed

7 pts for INT

3 pts for FF

3 pts for Fumble recovery

Vastly different scoring.  You are on the extreme end for tackle heavy.

1 pt per tackle and assist

3 pts for a sack

2 pts for TFL

3 pts for QBH

3 pts for pass defensed

7 pts for INT

3 pts for FF

3 pts for Fumble recovery

Vastly different scoring.  You are on the extreme end for tackle heavy.
Yeah, but we do like the week-to-week consistency better than depending on big-play.  That's the beauty of this game.  Endless ways to play it.  As long as we all have fun with it.

Yeah, but we do like the week-to-week consistency better than depending on big-play.  That's the beauty of this game.  Endless ways to play it.  As long as we all have fun with it.
Yep......we like the big play scoring because it includes more players to be relevant (edge rushers primarily)

Yep......we like the big play scoring because it includes more players to be relevant (edge rushers primarily)
Oohh...good point.  We added the "Edge" position this year for just that reason.  Combined defensive ends with outside LB's in a 3-4 defense.  Excited to see if it works well.

I also play in a big-play dependent IDP scoring league, where IDP stars score as much as offensive stars (six points per sack, DL - 3 pts per tackle, LBs and DBs - 2 pts. per tackle).  I really like that scoring system, makes the strategy of trading and roster management a ton more fun in my opinion.

I was wondering if Adams was still a Jet, how much a possible healthy CJ Mosley might have cut into Adams IDP scoring.

I was also wondering if a good Seattle offense would hurt Adams IDP scoring more than if he had stayed on the Jets.

3 pts for a sack/tfl
5 pts for forced fumble
10 pts for an INT
Wait what?  6 points per assist but 1/2 that for a sack? 

Hankmoody said:
In most cases you get a sack, TFL, and a tackle for a sack so that actually adds up to 12 pts for the act of sacking a QB...…..and if you force a fumble you get another 5 pts too.

Hankmoody said:
Gally got it right.  With every sack, the player gets credit for a tackle as well as a sack.  Occasionally, the stadium scoring crew will throw in a TFL as well...all for the same play.  So, we decided to give the majority of credit for making a tackle, and if was a sack, they get the add-on points for the big play.  BTW, 6 pts per tackle is for DB's.  LB's get 5 and 2.5 for a sack or TFL.

All that said, I didn't mean to hijack the thread.  If you all want to discuss IDP scoring in depth, I can make another thread.

Gally got it right.  With every sack, the player gets credit for a tackle as well as a sack.  Occasionally, the stadium scoring crew will throw in a TFL as well...all for the same play.  So, we decided to give the majority of credit for making a tackle, and if was a sack, they get the add-on points for the big play.  BTW, 6 pts per tackle is for DB's.  LB's get 5 and 2.5 for a sack or TFL.

All that said, I didn't mean to hijack the thread.  If you all want to discuss IDP scoring in depth, I can make another thread.
The only time I have noticed that a TFL is not awarded on a sack is if it is a shared sack or if it was a play for no gain.  A solo sack behind the line of scrimmage always received a TFL.

Adams blows up in his first game with the Hawks.

• 8 solos
  • 4 assists
  • 1 sack
Bobby Wagner seems to start slow but with the addition of Jamal he's much less effective.

• 2 solos 
  • 5 assists
Solos earn more points in our league so the impact of Jamal Adams has a direct effect on Bobby Wagner.

Gally reacted to this (with a puzzled emoji)

I've noticed Wagner has started 'slow' the last few seasons but picks it up after a few games but that was before Jamal Adams.

Adams tore it up so this could hamper Wagner going forward.

Bobby is older but impact of Jamal 'might' mean it could be a good time to shop Wagner because his value is still high.  I'm not sure the impact of Jamal Adams has caught up to his value.

Gally reacted to this (with a puzzled emoji)

I've noticed Wagner has started 'slow' the last few seasons but picks it up after a few games but that was before Jamal Adams.

Adams tore it up so this could hamper Wagner going forward.

Bobby is older but impact of Jamal 'might' mean it could be a good time to shop Wagner because his value is still high.  I'm not sure the impact of Jamal Adams has caught up to his value.
Puzzled?  I thought that meant that I was thinking about what you said, as if to say, "Hmmmm, I hadn't thought about it that way.  Interesting point!"...…...

I thought about dropping Jeremy Chinn for him. My problem is not enough bench spots. I can only afford either Chinn or Maye. My other safety is Collins. The problem is that I’ve read Chinn is taking snaps at OLb. And that he is playing in the box primarily. 

Also, do people think Alden Smith is the real deal, a legit DE1? I have Dante Fowler. But wondering what to make of Alden Smith.

Blackbear said:
Also, do people think Alden Smith is the real deal, a legit DE1? I have Dante Fowler. But wondering what to make of Alden Smith.
Yes, he should be owned in all leagues.  It is very possible he is a top 10 DE the rest of the way.  Quinn put up good numbers last year in Dallas and Smith is probably better at this point in their careers.  I think Quinn's numbers from last year are Smith's floor. 

Users who are viewing this thread