Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Extreme Cheapskates on TLC

eoMMan

2 hours ago, huthut said:

Yep, but beyond that assume all reality TV is fake. House hunters is fake, the MTV shows are fake, they are all fake. 

We watch a bunch of HGTV shows, and I wonder how much of them are scripted, especially with the curious occurrences in every episode of some semi-disastrous event with the house that is being renovated. 

22 minutes ago, Mr. Ected said:
3 hours ago, huthut said:

Yep, but beyond that assume all reality TV is fake. House hunters is fake, the MTV shows are fake, they are all fake. 

We watch a bunch of HGTV shows, and I wonder how much of them are scripted, especially with the curious occurrences in every episode of some semi-disastrous event with the house that is being renovated. 

Fake. Fake. Fake. Fake. :elainebenes:

• Laughing 1

I have quite a few first hand experiences of reality tv. My wife applied to go on house hunters a while ago, you need to already be in escrow to go on the show, then you look at 2 houses that are not yours, then the one that is yours, 100% fake. A friend went on the show Trading Spaces. It is also 100% fake, where you pretend to do some renovation for a minute, then the camera cuts out and a crew comes in and finishes the job. Another friend was on one of the early 2000 MTV shows where a girl dates 2 guys, and then chooses one (or the inverse), I cannot remember the name of it. They are not given a script, but they are told what to talk about for the whole show, and people are intentionally made to look like the heel. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2020 at 8:31 PM, Mr. Ected said:

One of my favorite examples was when Tariq on Flip or Flop LA was swinging a sledgehammer at bathroom tile in shorts and flip flops with a Rolex on his wrist. :rolleyes: So, so fake.

• Laughing 1