What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Reasons I am Voting for TRUMP (1 Viewer)

TripItUp

Footballguy
1.  Standing up to China

2.  More mental capacity than Joe Biden

3.  Foreign Policy 

4.  Pro Economy  - policy will be better for the middle class and jobs in general

5.  Immigration policy/anti-voter fraud

6.  Not afraid of the virus, opening schools and the economy to protect America

Topics I Disagree with Trump On (Environment, Education, Divisiveness)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottom line is this:

I don't agree with President Trump....
...he agrees with me.

Another difference in 2020 is that I am not voting against the Democrat candidate.
I'm voting for Donald Trump.
In 2016, I may have been voting against Hillary more than voting for Mr.Trump.

Since January, 2017, he has more than proven that he's the best thing for the country and he's got my vote...again.  :headbang:

It's sad that you see this as a positive.
Is this allowed in the forum?
:confused:

I weep for America when I see people attempt to spin bad political behavior into a positive.

Imagine someone saying "I'm voting for Bush because he's not afraid of Iraq." It's easy for Bush to be unafraid as he sits behind a desk in Washington, but not so easy for the thousands of men and women who were sent to their deaths to justify his lack of fear.

Also, Republicans have disavowed the Iraq War, have they not? It's hard to keep up with the latest spin but I believe the current spin says "Yes". The same fate awaits Trump's position on the coronavirus. Those who once said "I support his plan!" will eventually disavow it. But I weep for those who are unable to see the disaster that is right in front of their eyes.

:confused:

I weep for America when I see people attempt to spin bad political behavior into a positive.
Whether or not Trump has exhibited bad political behavior is a matter of opinion.  I personally don't characterize others opinions as "sad" in this forum.

People please, I’m begging you....

Please do not turn this into a Trump bashing thread.  Those of you (and I’m in this group) that have strong anti-Trump feelings please don’t feel the need to counter point or trash every pro Trump thought here.  We all know where you stand.  I’d really like to hear the thoughts of those voting for Trump and why.  It’s a large percentage of our population, I’d like to hear them.  Thank you in advance.  

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don’t #### on this thread.  

Please do not turn this into a Trump bashing thread.  Those of you (and I’m in this group) that have strong anti-Trump feelings please don’t feel the need to counter point or trash every pro Trump thought here.  We all know where you stand.  I’d really like to hear the thoughts of those voting for Trump and why.  It’s a large percentage of our population, I’d like to hear them.  Thank you in advance.  

But we weep for America!

1.  Standing up to China

3.  Foreign Policy 

4.  Pro Economy  - policy will be better for the middle class and jobs in general

Reasons I am voting for Biden:

1. He understands that China is an economic superpower that is best dealt with through diplomacy rather than either unilateralism or isolationism 

2. More mental capacity, greater flexible thinking, higher attention span, an interest in things that do not relate to him personally, and infinitely more empathy than Donald Trump

3. Foreign policy (see #1 above for how someone with a nuanced worldview thinks)

4. Economy: will be better for ALL classes except the uber wealthy -and am not 100% certain that Biden won't be net better for the uber wealthy as they probably would benefit substantially from: a rising tide that lifts all boats, greater wealth distribution (see lessons from 1929), and less civil unrest.

5. Immigration policy/reduced disenfranchisement of legal US citizens

6. Not afraid to make the tough choices necessary to balance the very real health risks with the obvious economic tradeoffs 

Topics I agree with Trump on: cancel culture, scientists are fallible, scientists do not set economic policy, defunding the police is just about the stupidest slogan ever invented, Rosie O'Donnell isn't funny, Ivanka is pretty hot

Apologies, just seeing this AFTER I posted - though I do not believe mine is a Trump-bashing post at all.  Rather I think it illuminates the problem we have, and will be illustrated more so if others post their reasons for voting FOR Trump: we just see the world completely differently.  I attempted to demonstrate that Trip's reasons for Trump are identical to mine FOR Biden.

1.  Standing up to China

3.  Foreign Policy 

This bullet amazes me, first the phrase 'not afraid of the virus' as if it's like another country attacking us, and then thinking 'not being afraid' is good for the economy and 'protects' America.

I will attest to this.

if @dkp993 has done anything, he has shown an interest in understanding this different point of view.
He may totally disagree with it...but he seems to want to understand.

For that...I applaud him   :bow:
....and am a bit jealous.

🤔   Never thought about it this way but I can see the logic
I have a good buddy that made a similar comment.   It's sort of where he comes from when he says "Trump is one of us".  Nothing to do with Trump being a billionaire, privledged life, or anything like that.  Not making that assumption for anyone here.  Just that I too can understand it whether I agree or not.

I have a good buddy that made a similar comment.   It's sort of where he comes from when he says "Trump is one of us".  Nothing to do with Trump being a billionaire, privledged life, or anything like that.  Not making that assumption for anyone here.  Just that I too can understand it whether I agree or not.
I guess I am still not getting what Opie or your friend means by this.  

• Thanks
Reactions: rct
The people I know personally who are voting for Trump this time are voting for him pretty much for the same reason as last time.

1. Supreme Court. This is far and away the biggest reason. They will say they are playing the long game and they're willing to put up with another 4 years of the embarrassing tweets if it means a more conservative court for the next 30 years. 

2. Economy. What they perceive as economic pro business policies more favorable to them and a strong economy. (This group ranges from middle class to very rich)

3. Taxes. What they perceive as economic tax polices more favorable to them.

4. Jobs. What they perceive as trying to keep jobs in America.

5. What they perceive as a general attitude of putting their interests as Americans ahead of the world's interests. 

This group includes Nuclear Engineers, Attorneys, Financial Advisers, Sports Agents, Bankers, Medical Device Sales and more. 

I'm well aware many here will say Trump has no effect or actually hurts reasons 2-5. I'm just telling you what they'd say. 

I'm also well aware it's way more fun to cast these Trump people as one step short of KKK members or hateful mean people who live to make the libs cry. In the case of the people I'm talking about, that's not remotely accurate.

:shrug:  

1.  Standing up to China

3.  Foreign Policy 

I like the idea of this thread, thanks.  

Could elaborate on his policies that you believe are better for the middle class, and why you say opening schools protects America.  I assume you mean economically, which from I understand of previous posts of yours one of your top priorities. 

The people I know personally who are voting for Trump this time are voting for him pretty much for the same reason as last time.

1. Supreme Court. This is far and away the biggest reason. They will say they are playing the long game and they're willing to put up with another 4 years of the embarrassing tweets if it means a more conservative court for the next 30 years. 

2. Economy. What they perceive as economic pro business policies more favorable to them and a strong economy. (This group ranges from middle class to very rich)

5. What they perceive as a general attitude of putting their interests as Americans ahead of the world's interests. 

This group includes Nuclear Engineers, Attorneys, Financial Advisers, Sports Agents, Bankers, Medical Device Sales and more. 

I'm well aware many here will say Trump has no effect or actually hurts reasons 2-5. I'm just telling you what they'd say. 

I'm also well aware it's way more fun to cast these Trump people as one step short of KKK members or hateful mean people who live to make the libs cry. In the case of the people I'm talking about, that's not remotely accurate.

I was surprised that #1 wasn't in the OP.  

And #1 is the reason the Supreme Court and its lifetime appointments needs to be fixed. I would argue that no matter which "side" had control. 

Would also favor increasing the number of justices.

I will say another reason I've seen for some still supporting Trump is being pro-life.

Which, to me, is such a difficult to understand sentiment. I understand that being pro-life is of the utmost importance for certain people (i.e. Catholics), but how his other behaviors can be overlooked from a religious standpoint as well as the increasing disregard for people currently dying is something I have a hard time reconciling.

I hear abortion as a #1 reason too, yet not a huge mention here so far.  Great example of how diverse the current Trump voter base is.  I respect that.
People I have talked to have been about abortion, the 2nd, and hating cancel culture.  Not sure how any pertain to Trump specifically or them always voting R no matter who it is though.  

• Thinking
Reactions: rct
I hear abortion as a #1 reason too, yet not a huge mention here so far.  Great example of how diverse the current Trump voter base is.  I respect that.
Of all the issues, abortion is the single issue that I have the most trouble reconciling without sounding like a total hypocrite.

In my heart of hearts, I believe that it is stopping a beating heart and therefore, murder but I have difficulty trying to force a woman to carry it to term.
Not speaking up makes me a hypocrite....interfering with a woman's choice...makes me a hypocrite too.

Taking no stand at all, makes me an absolute hypocrite!

It is very difficult for me and I'm glad that it's a decision that I never had to make.

I just do not know the answer to this.

Of all the issues, abortion is the single issue that I have the most trouble reconciling without sounding like a total hypocrite.

In my heart of hearts, I believe that it is stopping a beating heart and therefore, murder but I have difficulty trying to force a woman to carry it to term.
Not speaking up makes me a total hypocrite....interfering with a woman's choice...makes me a hypocrite too.
Doing nothing at all, makes me an absolute hypocrite!

It is very difficult for me and I'm glad that it's a decision that I never had to make.

I think tons of people feel like this. They just don't talk about it that much. Way more to do what we do with everything else and paint the sides as radical monsters. 

Just curious.....if Trump had implemented a nationwide mask mandate, and ordered the country to be completely shut down for 30 days back in April....and the result was...

- 150,000 US deaths by August 7th

- 2nd quarter GDP of -30.0

Would that cause you to consider voting for Biden?

Just curious.....if Trump had implemented a nationwide mask mandate, and ordered the country to be completely shut down for 30 days back in April....and the result was...

No, Biden will still be a net net loss for the economy with his current fiscal plan.

Not speaking up makes me a hypocrite....interfering with a woman's choice...makes me a hypocrite too.

I am like you.  But ultimately I, as a man, cannot tell a woman what to do with her own body.  

it is such a tough issue.  

I think its good to have some issues that are hard to reconcile, if not you're probably too "invested" in one side.

For me on abortion I think the conservatives have the high ground and are "in the right", I think liberals have the right answer but for the wrong reasons.

Its starts for me that we should not allow the taking of a life.  I don't care about anyone's obligations, freedoms or choices when it comes to this....man or woman.  Risk to the woman is a carve-out.  Repubs are correct here.  Dems are wrong.  (My views of course)

When does life begin.  Republicans in my view draw an unnecessarily aggressive timeline.  I personally am not on board with conception or close to it.  Six months seems a tad late, 3 months seems in the ok zone (again, my rough view of timing).

So in summary for me abortion should remain legal.  But, not because of a "right to choose", but because reasonable people can agree its not a person yet.  You don't have the "right to choose" past month 6 for example.

No winner on this one.

I'm glad you posted this thread. I have had trouble figuring out why people like him in 2020 (I understood it in 2016) but I don't like resorting to foolish logic like "the other side is dumb" or anything like that. I'd much rather understand where you're all coming from. 

Discussions on here and in real life would be much more productive if we all just talked it out honestly.

No
Is there anything that Trump could have done, with regards to the coronavirus, that would have prevented you from listing it as a reason to vote for him?

Joe's post lists the reasons my pro-Trump family members say they like Trump, and yea, they're not white supremacist types.  In addition, the most vocal supporters in my family regularly say Trump has stood up to MSM. I'm thinking of 3 white guy family members, whose wives or SOs are anti-Trump. I don't see it the other way around much, a pro-Trump woman with a pro-Biden man. Except in the Conway household. The gender divide shows up in the polls.

Is there anything that Trump could have done, with regards to the coronavirus, that would have prevented you from listing it as a reason to vote for him?
I think an overreaction to the virus in terms of unnecessarily stunting the economy and damaging livelihoods and the country's overall well being.   Overall the administration did a decent job of balancing economy vs. deaths.

My thoughts on this one is that i agree with your "sentiment" but think DT could have done MUCH better.  And that in a nutshell describes about 99% of anything I agree with Trump on.

Challenging the idea that we just stay shut down in perpetuity and not go back to work or school...that is a good "not afraid".  Carelessness in the face of known danger executing such plans (like the so simple action of wearing a mask)...this is bad "not afraid". 

Great posting and most of those reasons align with my views.   I'm admittedly less invested in the Supreme Court topic than many pro Trump voters.

My thoughts on this one is that i agree with your "sentiment" but think DT could have done MUCH better.  And that in a nutshell describes about 99% of anything I agree with Trump on.

Challenging the idea that we just stay shut down in perpetuity and not go back to work or school...that is a good "not afraid".  Carelessness in the face of known danger executing such plans (like the so simple action of wearing a mask)...this is bad "not afraid". 
No question Trump could have done better.   I think we would have said that about any President though.   Every President in my lifetime has never understood science.   Clinton and Obama probably the sharpest but neither had a background in science.

Why aren't people like this more at the forefront of Big Right Media? It would be refreshing to hear these people talk instead of the usual snark and "lib" hating. If more people like this were at the forefront of the Right Wing media.....I think their message would resonate way more with Centrists. 

No question Trump could have done better.   I think we would have said that about any President though.   Every President in my lifetime has never understood science.   Clinton and Obama probably the sharpest but neither had a background in science.
The issue with Trump isn't that he doesn't understand science - it's not fair to expect these guys to be experts on every subject matter.

It's that he is either anti-science and subscribes to conspiracy theory level stuff or he's at least playing that up for political reasons.

I think an overreaction to the virus in terms of unnecessarily stunting the economy and damaging livelihoods and the country's overall well being. 
You don't think that a 30-day complete shutdown of the economy -- at a time when new cases were half as much as they are right now -- would have been an overreaction?

Why aren't people like this more at the forefront of Big Right Media? It would be refreshing to hear these people talk instead of the usual snark and "lib" hating. If more people like this were at the forefront of the Right Wing media.....I think their message would resonate way more with Centrists. 
They are there, you just have to look. 

A lot of us aren't overly pleased with Trump so likely don't want to over-advertise for a divisive President...I think this is a big factor.

The issue with Trump isn't that he doesn't understand science - it's not fair to expect these guys to be experts on every subject matter.

It's that he is either anti-science and subscribes to conspiracy theory level stuff or he's at least playing that up for political reasons.
I think it is an issue and problem that our politicians on both side of the aisle are career politicians and lawyers.  Those types of backgrounds don't know how to fix problems or how to address complex issues IMHO.  So I disagree with your first statement.

I wouldn't state Trump is anti-science.  CHINA and the WHO committed egregious errors and were blatantly wrong in the beginning on several levels.  This is after Trump was unfairly accused/attacked/persecuted in the Russia investigations etc.    You have to be careful what you trust with that kind of toxic political landscape.  There is no question in my mind Trump was trying to protect the country and was doing what he thought was best to accomplish that.   

You don't think that a 30-day complete shutdown of the economy -- at a time when new cases were half as much as they are right now -- would have been an overreaction?
I do not think we had an overreaction from the Federal Govt.   I do think some states like California have overreacted.

I think it is an issue and problem that our politicians on both side of the aisle are career politicians and lawyers.  Those types of backgrounds don't know how to fix problems or how to address complex issues IMHO.  So I disagree with your first statement.

I wouldn't state Trump is anti-science.  CHINA and the WHO committed egregious errors and were blatantly wrong in the beginning on several levels.  This is after Trump was unfairly accused/attacked/persecuted in the Russia investigations etc.    You have to be careful what you trust with that kind of toxic political landscape.  There is no question in my mind Trump was trying to protect the country and was doing what he thought was best to accomplish that.   
There were some logistics that were poorly handled by the Trump people. Remember "we're not shipping clerks"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/03/19/trump-governors-coronavirus-medical-supplies-137658

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/maryland-hiding-testing-kits-purchased-south-korea-us/story%3fid=70434840

I do not think we had an overreaction from the Federal Govt.   I do think some states like California have overreacted.
I understand that you don't think that what actually happened was an overreaction.

My question was whether you thought that a 30-day complete shutdown in April (i.e., a total shutdown of economy, no schools, absolute mandate to stay at home and/or wear a mask) would have been an overreaction.

There were some logistics that were poorly handled by the Trump people. Remember "we're not shipping clerks"
No question.  But I reiterate, any President was going to make mistakes handling this situation.  Trump gets a passing grade from where I stand.

Users who are viewing this thread