What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Subscriber Contest is LIVE (2 Viewers)

I don't remember seeing numbers of entries by team size, so here goes...

18 - 2992 (29%)
19 - 1381 (14%)
20 - 1193 (12%)
21 - 943 (9%)
22 - 882 (9%)
23 - 732 (7%)
24 - 555 (5%)
25 - 412 (4%)
26 - 332 (3%)
27 - 266 (3%)
28 - 171 (2%)
29 - 141 (1%)
30 - 226 (2%)
feel like that this more of a slight reversion to smallwr stud roosters compared to the last couple of years, though still not nearly as pronounced as the early flex years.

-QG

Concept Lineup.  Packing most expensive studs plus dirt cheapies meeting minimum bye coverage with a bias towards more popular guys for the cheapies:

QB Mahomes 27

QB Carr 7

RB McCaffrey 39

RB Barkley 35

RB Snell 4

RB M Brown 4

RB Gore 3

WR M Thomas 33

WR T Hill 31

WR T McLaurin 20

WR B Edwards 3

WR M Valdes-Scandling 3

TE T Kelce 30

TE J Akins 3

PK S Gostkowski 2

PK S Sloman 2

DEF Arizona 2

DEF Las Vegas 2

Will track this concept for fun :)

-QG

Basically the math says you get 6 1/2 top dollar guys without farcical backups (e.g. Dalton for $2)

-QG

Last edited by a moderator:
Their week one performance tends to re-enforce the position of those of you who tried to tell me Ertz was not a value play.

His 3 catches versus Gehoeerdaaharwt's 10 catches has given me bronchitis.

Look for high K turnover this year as teams are keeping backups on their expanded practice squads...

Cleveland Browns PK Austin Seibert was waived Monday, Sept. 14. PK Cody Parkey was elevated from the practice squad to take his place on the roster.

What's your trio of gg low% guys that could make a big difference for your team?

For me it's Chubb/K Allen/Goedert - 2 owners have this trio (they ave 6% each owned)

feel like that this more of a slight reversion to smallwr stud roosters compared to the last couple of years, though still not nearly as pronounced as the early flex years.

-QG
I expected far fewer ultra low number teams due to covid worries.  Interesting that there are so many.  

Look for high K turnover this year as teams are keeping backups on their expanded practice squads...

Cleveland Browns PK Austin Seibert was waived Monday, Sept. 14. PK Cody Parkey was elevated from the practice squad to take his place on the roster.
Whoa.  Man, I should have rostered Bullock - my Bengals will never ever ever get rid of him :(

-QG

What's your trio of gg low% guys that could make a big difference for your team?

For me it's Chubb/K Allen/Goedert - 2 owners have this trio (they ave 6% each owned)
Kyler, Robby Anderson, Aaron Jones - only 2 entries have this combo :cool:

Swap AJ Brown for Aaron Jones and you get...the same 2 roosters.  Mine has 27 guys the other one has 18.

-QG

Only 32 kickers were offered in this contest.  Here are 25% of them (with ownership numbers):

Hauschka (545) - homeless
Catanzaro (524) - homeless
McLaughlin (470) - homeless
Joseph (372) - homeless
Seibert (327) - homeless
Pineiro (245) - On IR, Bears promoted Santos
Gay (175) - homeless
Rohrwasser (76) - Patriots practice squad

I expected far fewer ultra low number teams due to covid worries.  Interesting that there are so many.  
That was a common perception expressed in the thread before the lock.

While its hard to know the real numbers, I'd guess the NFL will see far less of an infection rate then the gen pop.

Anyway, I did not try to model relative risk between players, nor aggregate risk as it relates to roster inflation, or prediction of games played less than 16.  Ignored it all.

End of season diagnostics is the only way we'll know if roster inflation due to covid was a valid strategy.

How much time would it take to manually populate a DB with every team roster in it? If you had that then all you need is a copy and paste snapshot of box scores. It wouldn't be a live feed but it would be just as good. The problem is populating 10000 rows of data. 

I used to be the Geospatial Team Lead for a government remote sensing laboratory. It was largely a production shop where we churned out ridiculous amounts of digital widgets, each one largely the same as the one before. Ok there was a ton more nuance than that but point is I bet 10000 rows of rosters wouldn't take as long as you think. You just have to put on some good tunes. 

ETA to be clear I'm saying this populating would only need to be done once. If people are willing to kick in I'd do the work. My proof of concept needed first of course. 

Sitting at 149.25 with a few potential changes to go:

• James Conner (-9.3)
  • Eric Ebron (-8.3)
  • Boswell (-12.6)
  • Titans D (-1.0)
With a 28-player rooster fairly happy with dispersion.

169-ish with Ben (-17.95), Jeudy & J. Smith (both -10.2 and 10.9) and Boswell/Gostkowski (-8.6).  Big weeks from Jacobs and Ridley, but nearly everyone else was a little lower than I expected, so I was surprised to be doing that well.

Where are folks finding the tool to say what % of entries have a combo of players X, Y and Z?

How much time would it take to manually populate a DB with every team roster in it? If you had that then all you need is a copy and paste snapshot of box scores. It wouldn't be a live feed but it would be just as good. The problem is populating 10000 rows of data. 

I used to be the Geospatial Team Lead for a government remote sensing laboratory. It was largely a production shop where we churned out ridiculous amounts of digital widgets, each one largely the same as the one before. Ok there was a ton more nuance than that but point is I bet 10000 rows of rosters wouldn't take as long as you think. You just have to put on some good tunes. 

ETA to be clear I'm saying this populating would only need to be done once. If people are willing to kick in I'd do the work. My proof of concept needed first of course. 
I have already created an excel spreadsheet with all 333 players offered in the contest.  I am willing to do some grunt work.

Only 32 kickers were offered in this contest.  Here are 25% of them (with ownership numbers):

Hauschka (545) - homeless
Catanzaro (524) - homeless
McLaughlin (470) - homeless
Joseph (372) - homeless
Seibert (327) - homeless
Pineiro (245) - On IR, Bears promoted Santos
Gay (175) - homeless
Rohrwasser (76) - Patriots practice squad
You have me visualizing some sort of kicker hobo camp.

-QG

Gostkowski with a miss to start his time in Tennessee.  Between him and Sloman I'm already a little nervous about my kickers all of  a sudden :scared:

-QG

Another fun gimmick rooster.

Valid roster with just 7 different names:

POS PLAYER TEAM PRICE BYE

QB L Jackson BAL 26 8

QB T Taylor LAC 6 10

RB M Sanders PHI 28 9

RB J Taylor IND 21 7

RB J Jackson LAC 8 10

RB I Smith ATL 7 10

RB M Brown LAR 4 9

RB D Washington FA 3 X

WR D Hopkins ARI 28 8

WR A Brown TEN 22 7

WR M Brown BAL 16 8

WR Jo Brown BUF 11 11

WR E Sanders NO 11 6

WR D Jackson PHI 9 9

WR A Brown FA 9 X

WR J Washington PIT 6 8

WR T Smith NO 3 6

TE J Smith TEN 9 7

TE I Smith MIN 8 7

TE K Smith Giants 3 11

PK J Sanders MIA 3 11

PK D Hopkins WAS 2 8

DEF Browns CLE 3 9

DEF Football Team WAS 3 8

-QG

Another fun gimmick rooster.

Valid roster with just 7 different names:

POS PLAYER TEAM PRICE BYE

QB L Jackson BAL 26 8

QB T Taylor LAC 6 10

RB M Sanders PHI 28 9

RB J Taylor IND 21 7

RB J Jackson LAC 8 10

RB I Smith ATL 7 10

RB M Brown LAR 4 9

RB D Washington FA 3 X

WR D Hopkins ARI 28 8

WR A Brown TEN 22 7

WR M Brown BAL 16 8

WR Jo Brown BUF 11 11

WR E Sanders NO 11 6

WR D Jackson PHI 9 9

WR A Brown FA 9 X

WR J Washington PIT 6 8

WR T Smith NO 3 6

TE J Smith TEN 9 7

TE I Smith MIN 8 7

TE K Smith Giants 3 11

PK J Sanders MIA 3 11

PK D Hopkins WAS 2 8

DEF Browns CLE 3 9

DEF Football Team WAS 3 8

-QG
This gimmick team had 187.65 :lmao: .  The stud concept lineup I posted earlier had 170.75.  My actual entry had 173.80

-QG

QB - Kirk Cousins - 27.35
RB1 - Josh Jacobs - 33.9
RB2 - Clyde Edwards-Helaire - 19.8
WR1 - Calvin Ridley - 33.9
WR2 - Adam Thielen - 29
TE - Dallas Goedert - 28.1
Flex1 - Marquez Valdes-Scantling - 19.6
Flex2 - Jordan Akins - 12.9
K - Chris Boswell - 9.7
D - NYG - 4

Total - 218.25

No injuries of note, but Gostkowski will surely be cut.

Can you spot the gimmick in this gimmick team?

QB - Prescott ($19 - 10)
QB - Roethlisberger ($11 - 8 )
RB - Cook ($31 - 7)
RB - Gordon ($23 - 8 )
RB - Hunt ($17 - 9)
RB - Coleman ($13 - 11)
RB - Smith ($7 - 10)
RB - McCoy ($3 - 13)
WR - Jones  ($29 - 10)
WR - Chark ($17 - 7)
WR - Jones ($13 - 5)
WR - Sanders ($11 - 6)
WR - Fitzgerald ($7 - 8 )
WR - Beasley ($5 - 11)
WR - Arcega-Whiteside ($3 - 9)
TE - Waller ($17 - 6)
TE - Goedert ($11 - 9)
TE - Brate ($3 - 13)
PK - Lutz ($5 - 6)
PK - Boswell ($3 - 8 )
TD - IND ($3 - 7)
TD - ARI ($2 - 8 )
TD - CIN ($2 - 9)

Can you spot the gimmick in this gimmick team?

QB - Prescott ($19 - 10)
QB - Roethlisberger ($11 - 8 )
RB - Cook ($31 - 7)
RB - Gordon ($23 - 8 )
RB - Hunt ($17 - 9)
RB - Coleman ($13 - 11)
RB - Smith ($7 - 10)
RB - McCoy ($3 - 13)
WR - Jones  ($29 - 10)
WR - Chark ($17 - 7)
WR - Jones ($13 - 5)
WR - Sanders ($11 - 6)
WR - Fitzgerald ($7 - 8 )
WR - Beasley ($5 - 11)
WR - Arcega-Whiteside ($3 - 9)
TE - Waller ($17 - 6)
TE - Goedert ($11 - 9)
TE - Brate ($3 - 13)
PK - Lutz ($5 - 6)
PK - Boswell ($3 - 8 )
TD - IND ($3 - 7)
TD - ARI ($2 - 8 )
TD - CIN ($2 - 9)
Hint?  I'm stumped... and have gone through everything from where they played college, team colour/mascot in college/NFL, common letters in their names or jersey numbers, where they were drafted, etc.  Help!

Hint?  I'm stumped... and have gone through everything from where they played college, team colour/mascot in college/NFL, common letters in their names or jersey numbers, where they were drafted, etc.  Help!
It's all in the numbers

Users who are viewing this thread