What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Subscriber Contest is LIVE (3 Viewers)

I didn't realize it was up and running until just a few minutes ago as the contest loses so much interest for me without the live scoring.  Anyways, thanks for getting it running and donation sent.  

Comfortably continuing with a 181.1. 

Gostkowski for early contest MVP.

@Joe Bryant

The list of 67 eligibles for your extra prizes has shrunk to 57.  Here they are, by reverse order of submission:

Page 10 - @Rhythmdoctor  @SeniorVBDStudent  @scoobus  @BassNBrew  @fbomb  @Dreamer  @AwesomeAuger  @wombat104  @Synthesizer  @themeanmachine  @QuizGuy66  @4th&inches  @BillyJoeBob  @Titans_fan  @ConstruxBoy  @mphtrilogy  @madzff  @Maggot Brain  @apalmer  @Kujjie  @zed2283  @IHEARTFF  @Brook Jacoby  All 23 entries on page 10 seem to have kept their roster intact
Page 9 - @Grid71  @bro1ncos  @mrmits  @ajm27501  @Go DC Yourself  @Raging weasel  @Tha Guru  @stuckinthemuck  @rick6668  @Genester  @Stephen Holloway  @rockaction  @gobrowns33  @bcnfinance  @Longtucky Lemmings  @Sweet Love  @Shaunz33  @coltsuperfan  @Ignoratio Elenchi  @GroveDiesel  @Steeler  @neal cassady  @The Man With No Name  @Galileo  Quiz Guy had 2 iterations, but the remaining 24 entries are intact
Page 8 - @nightmare  @cstruk  @reflint  @Solomon Grundy  @da_budman  @BroadwayG  @Mingooch  These 7 rosters remain intact
Page 7 - @Hot Sauce Guy  @Dacomish  @TheWinz  The 3 who kept themselves from rosterbating

Good luck to all in the contest, but especially to this crew.  Hopefully I didn't miss anyone.
This week we sadly say goodbye to the following entries:

@The Man With No Name - 156.90
@Longtucky Lemmings - 153.40
@rockaction - 136.05
@zed2283 - 146.75
@AwesomeAuger - 157.70
@fbomb - 147.15
@SeniorVBDStudent - 158.80
@Rhythmdoctor - 152.80

Down to 49 teams fighting for the extra prizes.  Shout outs go to @Kujjie with the highest weekly score of 237.15 (26th overall) and @neal cassady for barely making it, as he was the cut line at 158.85.

Just a "so you know" tidbit: Contest Rules say Tuesday is this week, Wednesday is next week. So, a Titan/Steelers game on Tuesday doesn't change any scoring. If it's somehow bumped to Wednesday, players won't count for this week, but could give double points in Week 5.

Only have 7 TEN/PIT players including punters. Is that Mac truck headlights headed my way? 🚚 🤣
I hear ya.

Glad I have 4 QB's since Big Ben is my #2.

I wouldn't even still be alive if it wasn't for Gostowski, although I'm sure he raised the cutoff quite a bit all by himself so it's hard to know what the cutoff would have been if he would have been released after week#1 and wasn't counting for me or anyone else.

Looks like AJ Brown might be back for a week 5 game....assuming Tennessee has one of course.  Would be a boon to my week 5 bye heavy team.

-QG

No Conner, Snell, Jonuu, Gostkowski, or Titans Defense this week...I'll need a flex score from one of Scott, Moss, Preston Williams, or Chris Herndon 😐

TBD but looks like they also might shuffle Baltimore from week 8 to a week 7 bye (swapping their game with PIT to week 8).  I think that actually might help me slightly in terms of bye week distribution (assuming I last that long, LOL)

QB - Deshaun Watson - HOU/8 - $18
QB - Kirk Cousins - MIN/7 - $8
They are QB's 17 & 24 so far, but at least both are upright.  They face each other this week, so fingers crossed their game doesn't get postponed.  Can't afford a goose egg at QB.

RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire - KC/10 - $27
RB - Josh Jacobs - LV/6 - $26
RB - Tarik Cohen - CHI/11 - $14
RB - Zack Moss - BUF/11 - $10
RB - Antonio Gibson - WAS/8 - $9
RB - Frank Gore - NYJ/11 - $3
$14 down the drain with Cohen, who I never used.  Haven't used Moss or Gore yet, either.  Not gonna make it too far using just 3 RB's.

WR - Adam Thielen - MIN/7 - $21
WR - Calvin Ridley - ATL/10 - $21
WR - Keenan Allen - LAC/10 - $18
WR - Preston Williams - MIA/11 - $12
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - ARI/8 - $7
WR - Adam Humphries - TEN/7 - $4
WR - Marquez Valdes-Scantling - GB/5 - $3
WR - Bryan Edwards - LV/6 - $3
Pretty happy with this group.  Hopefully Edwards doesn't miss too much time.  Have yet to use Williams, Fitzgerald, or Edwards.

TE - Mike Gesicki - MIA/11 - $12
TE - Dallas Goedert - PHI/9 - $11
TE - Chris Herndon - NYJ/11 - $7
TE - Jordan Akins - HOU/8 - $3
Will be without Goedert for 3 games minimum.  Glad I decided to go with 4 at TE.

PK - Chris Boswell - PIT/8 - $3
PK - Stephen Gostkowski - TEN/7 - $2
PK - Sam Sloman - LAR/9 - $2
They all still have jobs, yay!  Sloman's gonna be my guy this week no matter what.

TD - New York Giants - NYG/11 - $2
TD - Arizona Cardinals - ARI/8 - $2
TD - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/9 - $2
Have used each team once.  Nothing of note here.

PK - Chris Boswell - PIT/8 - $3
PK - Stephen Gostkowski - TEN/7 - $2
PK - Sam Sloman - LAR/9 - $2
They all still have jobs, yay!  Sloman's gonna be my guy this week no matter what.
540 live teams with Gostkowski & Boswell (110 also have Sloman), so you and I are not alone.

ETA: 16 have Boswell, Gostokowski & Koo. 9 have Gostkowski, Boswell & Lambo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Week 4 trim to 4,500 teams - whittling down another 2000 teams.  How will the postponed game change the landscape?

Big Ben was so common from the start, he nearly doubles the next QB (1498 to Minshew's 841).  Tannehill wasn't all that common.

It's been a brutal start, and now week 4 will be without Derrick Henry and James Conner.  Sadly, 170 live entries will be trying to eke by with both.

At WR, week 4 should be pretty decent for most entries.  Bryan Edwards is the most common WR, but he was only $3 and has only scored a high of 6, so if you are counting on him, you are screwed anyways.  The next most common that will be sure to miss week 4 is Parris Campbell (706), who was 17th most common and only $7.  Diontae was the most common PIT or TEN WR, coming in at 26th.

The top 5 most common TE's from the start were Herndon, Jarwin, Gesicki, Smith, and Ebron.  This week we are down to only Herndon and Gesicki.

Gostkowski (1988) & Boswell (1494) are far and away the most common kickers in this contest.  The next closest is Zuerlein (931).  I didn't look at every team, but there are 439 teams that spent $5 on 2 kickers, and it's safe to say the Gostkowski/Boswell combo is a large chunk of that.

TEN (1280) & PIT (610) defenses were the 2nd & 8th most common from the start.  Luckily, only 48 entries have both, and even some of them have other D's.

Week 4 trim to 4,500 teams - whittling down another 2000 teams.  How will the postponed game change the landscape?

Big Ben was so common from the start, he nearly doubles the next QB (1498 to Minshew's 841).  Tannehill wasn't all that common.

It's been a brutal start, and now week 4 will be without Derrick Henry and James Conner.  Sadly, 170 live entries will be trying to eke by with both.

At WR, week 4 should be pretty decent for most entries.  Bryan Edwards is the most common WR, but he was only $3 and has only scored a high of 6, so if you are counting on him, you are screwed anyways.  The next most common that will be sure to miss week 4 is Parris Campbell (706), who was 17th most common and only $7.  Diontae was the most common PIT or TEN WR, coming in at 26th.

The top 5 most common TE's from the start were Herndon, Jarwin, Gesicki, Smith, and Ebron.  This week we are down to only Herndon and Gesicki.

Gostkowski (1988) & Boswell (1494) are far and away the most common kickers in this contest.  The next closest is Zuerlein (931).  I didn't look at every team, but there are 439 teams that spent $5 on 2 kickers, and it's safe to say the Gostkowski/Boswell combo is a large chunk of that.

TEN (1280) & PIT (610) defenses were the 2nd & 8th most common from the start.  Luckily, only 48 entries have both, and even some of them have other D's.
Great stuff.  Thanks for pulling those stats together. 
I have Conner, so need Jacobs, Carson, MBrown (was riding high after week 1 usage. Not so much now) and Snell (see MBrown). Hopefully I can get by at RB. 
At kicker, I do have both of Gostkowski and Boswell, but thankfully I have a 3rd K.  Bagley, don't let me down!

This week we sadly say goodbye to the following entries:

@The Man With No Name - 156.90
@Longtucky Lemmings - 153.40
@rockaction - 136.05
@zed2283 - 146.75
@AwesomeAuger - 157.70
@fbomb - 147.15
@SeniorVBDStudent - 158.80
@Rhythmdoctor - 152.80

Down to 49 teams fighting for the extra prizes.  Shout outs go to @Kujjie with the highest weekly score of 237.15 (26th overall) and @neal cassady for barely making it, as he was the cut line at 158.85.

Thanks for keeping track of this.  Cant be  easy to keep track of it....of course with the turk lurking more and more it will get easier ;(  

I have Conner, so need Jacobs, Carson, MBrown (was riding high after week 1 usage. Not so much now) and Snell (see MBrown). Hopefully I can get by at RB. 
At kicker, I do have both of Gostkowski and Boswell, but thankfully I have a 3rd K.  Bagley, don't let me down!
Snell isn't going to be much help.

I loaded up on Steelers this year because I'm a homer :lol:    Also have the Gostkowski and Boswell combo (along with C. Cantazaro :bag: ).  Fortunately I also have M. Crosby.  I wanted a 30 man roster because of COVID so that's why I ended up with 4 kickers, at this point it seems like a great move :)

I noticed you also have Godwin, who may be missing some time.  Hang in there!

hey maybe jerry jeudy is finally done singlehandedly tanking all my best ball teams!

(then again i thought that when preston williams scored an early td last thursday too) 

With Jarwin gone for the season, it may actually work out to my advantage to have Jonnu out when more teams will make the cut.  

At least that's what I'll tell myself.  Feeling fairly good about getting to week 5.  We'll check back in 72 hours.

can somebody real quick just explain the extra prize contest thingie? browsed posts a little bit but couldnt find it.
Check Joe's post on page 7.  On top of the $100 that @bro1ncos mentioned, he is throwing in a lifetime subscription, but you have to finish top 100 for both prizes.

And Chris Herndon counts. I am at 2.6 points and above the cut line. 

anyone run stats on the players for Pittsburgh and Tennessee yet? Would be tough to get cut from this contest if your top player(s) were postponed. 

good luck everyone 

I have 3 TEs, Jonnu, Fant & Herndon. Friday morning and I already know what my TE score the week is.

I will have zero points at TE, and hope that my 2 rbs on same team and 2 WRs that aren’t out actually put up points. 

Yeah I’m doomed.

Users who are viewing this thread