What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Subscriber Contest is LIVE (3 Viewers)

I don't know who got the Calomatic live scoring going again for this year, but want to saw THANK YOU!  I always enjoy watching in real time how my contest team is doing.  I've been playing this contest for years, have finished in the low (small amounts) of money twice.  I don't comment much, but I really appreciate this tread and am always pulling for the the long time regulars like QuizGuy66, BassNBrew and TheWinz.  You always keep the discussion interesting and longer you are around, the better it is. 

This season is already so crazy with all the movement of games and the byes.  Like a  lot of participants, I try to front load my bye weeks so have more players going towards the end as the cuts gets steeper.  COVID has totally thrown that strategy out the window!  

Good luck to all the regular participants on the this thread.  Hope you keep avoiding the Turk!
Thanks Voogach :) - you still in the running?

-QG

So here's the official situation with the cutline at 139.95:

122 + (AJ Brown/Z Moss - 5.70/6.10) + (Gostkowski - 6.00)

Gonna need some big time efforts from these guys to save the day.

No Moss hurts the efforts :kicksrock:

Good luck to everyone facing The Turk!

-QG

Last edited by a moderator:
I entered last night up one over the Turk with all of Brees going.  After a quarter plus of me staying within a point or two of him, he finally did something so feeling pretty good up 22.5 and I still got Gostkowski -9 in case he kick 7 FGs.

Good luck to all that need it tonight.

Decided with only 36 left in Joe's extra bonus contest, I would give ya'll a play-by -play on the teams sweating...

- @neal cassady is 2.7 under the cut with some hope.  He has Moss, AJ Brown, and Gostkowski left
- @Shaunz33 is 32.1 under the line and under hospice care, even with Moss, Gostkowski, and the Titans D remaining
- @bcnfinance is 1.25 under with Moss, Smith, and Gostkowski.  In poker terms, at least he has outs
- @stuckinthemuck is 9.1 under with Tannehill, Henry, Moss, Smith, and Gostkowski.  He should be fine
- @Raging weasel is a mere .2 under, but only has Gostkowski & Titans D left.  Luckily he gets all Gostkowski points
- @IHEARTFF is down by 9.5 with Evans, Gostkowski, and BUF D, but already has decent scores at K & D
- @ConstruxBoy is 12.4 down, but has the Allen/Beasley combo along with Gostkowski & TEN D
- @BillyJoeBob is above by 3.65, but only has Gostkowski left with 6 already by Sloman
- @QuizGuy66 is down by 17.95, I dunno if Moss, AJ Brown, and Gostkowski are enough
- @BassNBrew is down by 1.3 and needs a Moss miracle, Gostkowski can't help much with Slye's 12.70

The other 26 teams are pretty safe.

Oops, Moss is out.

Decided with only 36 left in Joe's extra bonus contest, I would give ya'll a play-by -play on the teams sweating...

- @neal cassady is 2.7 under the cut with some hope.  He has Moss, AJ Brown, and Gostkowski left
- @Shaunz33 is 32.1 under the line and under hospice care, even with Moss, Gostkowski, and the Titans D remaining
- @bcnfinance is 1.25 under with Moss, Smith, and Gostkowski.  In poker terms, at least he has outs
- @stuckinthemuck is 9.1 under with Tannehill, Henry, Moss, Smith, and Gostkowski.  He should be fine
- @Raging weasel is a mere .2 under, but only has Gostkowski & Titans D left.  Luckily he gets all Gostkowski points
- @IHEARTFF is down by 9.5 with Evans, Gostkowski, and BUF D, but already has decent scores at K & D
- @ConstruxBoy is 12.4 down, but has the Allen/Beasley combo along with Gostkowski & TEN D
- @BillyJoeBob is above by 3.65, but only has Gostkowski left with 6 already by Sloman
- @QuizGuy66 is down by 17.95, I dunno if Moss, AJ Brown, and Gostkowski are enough
- @BassNBrew is down by 1.3 and needs a Moss miracle, Gostkowski can't help much with Slye's 12.70

Oops, Moss is out.
Well I'm out.

6 teams on a "bye" when it's supposed to be 2 & I get royally screwed. I would've never had that many players on the same bye. 

Tannehill got me 37 points. Still wasn't enough to get past the cut.

I'll bet I could make the cut the rest of the way. 

11 of my 27 players were on a "bye". Complete garbage. 

We all should get 1 mulligan with these schedule changes. C'mon Joe Bryant....make it happen!

You miss the cut twice you're out instead of once. 

Oops, Moss is out.
Not even close for me. Oh well.. michael Thomas and going cheap at QB were (part of) my fatal flaws... good luck to all remaining. Look forward to the playoff contest.

Squeaking by through 4 weeks with 164 ppg, within a few pts of the cut each of the past 2 weeks.

Pos    Player    Starts    Starter Points
QB    Kirk Cousins    2    57.3
QB    Philip Rivers    0    0
QB    Derek Carr    2    61.95
RB    Derrick Henry    2    40.6
RB    Josh Jacobs    4    64.5
RB    Antonio Gibson    3    46
RB    Benny Snell    0    0
RB    Frank Gore    0    0
WR    Michael Thomas    0    0
WR    Julian Edelman    1    25.9
WR    Deebo Samuel    0    0
WR    Parris Campbell    1    14
WR    Corey Davis    3    41.6
WR    Laviska Shenault    3    36.2
WR    TreQuan Smith    3    43.2
WR    Marquez Valdes-Scantling    2    28.1
WR    Bryan Edwards    0    0
TE    Zach Ertz    1    17.5
TE    Darren Waller    3    70.1
TE    Irv Smith    0    0
TE    Jordan Akins    2    25.1
PK    Chris Boswell    0    0
PK    Dustin Hopkins    2    17.1
PK    Stephen Gostkowski    2    40
PK    Sam Sloman    0    0
DT    Tennessee Titans    1    8
DT    Atlanta Falcons    0    0
DT    Jacksonville Jaguars    1    5
DT    Detroit Lions    1    4
DT    Arizona Cardinals    1    8

I guess the good news is that I've gotten some of my byes out of the way, and I have Deebo back and likely Michael Thomas soon.

My MVPs so far are Waller, Jacobs, and Gostkowski. WR depth paying off too. The biggest disappointment is my 5 defenses coming together to give me very little. Also, Irv Smith.
And I'm out, 1.6 below the cut (if current numbers hold). Although that kinda seems fair, given how close I've been skating to the cut line the past couple weeks.

Storyline #1 behind my demise: missing wide receivers. 6 of them out this week: Michael Thomas, Julian Edelman, Parris Campbell, Corey Davis, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and Bryan Edwards. Injury, covid rescheduling, injury, covid, schedule bye, injury. Carves out a big hole in my lineup. This week I had a mediocre WR1, a lousy WR2, and a pretty lousy 2nd flex.

Storyline #2: getting very little from my 5 defenses. Just 5 points this week from JAC or TEN, and a 6 ppg avg through 5 weeks. If Clowney had hung on to the interception on that last drive I would've survived.

Storyline #3: getting very little from Michael Thomas and Zach Ertz, two of my highest-priced players. They combined for just 1 start, and neither made my lineups this week. Thomas ($33) headlines my "never started" crew, joined by Rivers ($8), Snell ($4), Gore ($3), Edwards ($3), Sloman ($2), and ATL D ($2).

My Las Vegas trio did what they could to keep me alive, with Carr, Waller, and Jacobs all putting up good numbers this week (and this season so far) but it was not enough.

Update: I may have jumped the gun. Calcomatic is now showing me surviving, with TEN D at 7 instead of 5.

165.65 and on to next week.  I feel like I'm in a good spot.  29-man roster and for the most part, mostly healthy.

Anyone in here personally survived a week where they didn't have a QB?

Put up 191.9 this week. Was feeling pretty good about my team until Dak went down.  

At least I still have ::checks notes::  Phillip Rivers.  :censored:

yeah too little too late though at least AJ Brown came to play - was sorta slow motion torture with the early tease of the Brown TD.  Then I get to watch him tackled at the 3 yard line or so trying for another TD.  Then every time it looks like Gostkowski is about to get a FG attempt somethjng happened - a decision to punt, a catch by some non-AJ Brown dude on 3rd and a zillion, a boneheaded penatly on the Bills.  Ended up about 11 short - I'm guessing a lot of that was the last Jonnu TD but Tannehill might have moved things up enough on his own even if the throw had been to AJ.  A bummer but I knew once the roosters were released that this was going to he my toughest bye.  A gaggle of injuries left me with little room for error.  But did at least make it to the top half of entries.  Will track my ghost entry and go through a full breakdown sometime soon.

Good luck to those still in the fight! :boxing: :)

-QG

Oops, Moss is out.
How many are left in Joe's extra contest?  And how did they all rank this week?

I was at #287 (193.9 points) this week, though I'm still kicking myself for the last change I made before Joe's deadline, dropping Claypool so I could add Chris Thompson.

Surviving, but not with strong scores and a tough week upcoming

• Jacobs on bye and have used all five weeks
  • Lockett on bye and have used all five weeks
  • Ruggs and Edwards on bye and Ruggs is coming around, used last week
  • Goedert still out, but have Hockenson and Gesicki playing
  • Haskins lost his job and have only Burrow and Minshew to carry the load

Been a fun ride so far, but going to be difficult for my squad to advance this coming week with Waller on bye, and Jarwin out.  Not sure why I only took 2 TE's.  Let that be a lesson to you kids. 

Would still be alive in Joe's extra contest though, if only I had read the rules close enough. Only submitted a roster once and didnt touch it again, but didn't actually post it in this thread. Oh well, been fun to follow everyone else though. 

Hopin' for a miracle this week. 

I'm hoping for a low cut line this week given the teams on BYE.  As it stands as of Wednesday morning, here's who I'll have available to count this week.

Roethlisberger or Rivers

Mixon, CEH, Boston Scott, Zack Moss, Antonio Gibson, Snell

Hilton, Lamb, Claypool

Gesicki, Jonnu

Prater, McManus

Indy, Atlanta, Arizona

My quickly depleted WR pool has me concerned. Averaging 191+ but this is going to be my tightest week I think.

Only 37 started the week, and here are the finishes:

@Go DC Yourself - 214.65 (gets top billing over Grid71, because he posted his lineup 26 minutes earlier back on 9 September)
@Grid71 - 214.65
@gobrowns33 - 209.35
@Sweet Love - 202.45
@apalmer - 193.90
@Deamon - 193.25
@Maggot Brain - 192.35
@coltsuperfan - 191.90
@Titans_fan - 189.95
@Kujjie - 186.75
@Synthesizer - 183.75
@GroveDiesel - 182.95
@Solomon Grundy - 180.75
@wombat104 - 179.25
@BroadwayG - 176.35 (gets billing over da_budman, but only Mingooch posted an earlier roster than either)
@da_budman - 176.35
@scoobus - 175.25
@madzff - 173.60
@Genester - 171.80
@mphtrilogy - 170.55
@themeanmachine - 169.35
@stuckinthemuck - 169.25
@Ignoratio Elenchi - 164.35
@4th&inches - 163.95
@Galileo - 163.70
@cstruk - 162.45
@Stephen Holloway - 159.85
@Mingooch - 159.10
@bcnfinance - 154.60
@ConstruxBoy - 154.05
@neal cassady - 151.15
@Raging weasel - 148.75

Sadly, we lost 5:
@BillyJoeBob - 143.60
@BassNBrew - 138.65
@QuizGuy66 - 137.50
@IHEARTFF - 130.45
@Shaunz33 - 114.85

Best of luck to the 32 left fighting for extra goodies!

Only 36 started the week, and here are the finishes:

@Go DC Yourself - 214.65 (gets top billing over Grid71, because he posted his lineup 26 minutes earlier back on 9 September)
@Grid71 - 214.65
@gobrowns33 - 209.35
@Sweet Love - 202.45
@apalmer - 193.90
@Maggot Brain - 192.35
@coltsuperfan - 191.90
@Titans_fan - 189.95
@Kujjie - 186.75
@Synthesizer - 183.75
@GroveDiesel - 182.95
@Solomon Grundy - 180.75
@wombat104 - 179.25
@BroadwayG - 176.35 (gets billing over da_budman, but only Mingooch posted an earlier roster than either)
@da_budman - 176.35
@scoobus - 175.25
@madzff - 173.60
@Genester - 171.80
@mphtrilogy - 170.55
@themeanmachine - 169.35
@stuckinthemuck - 169.25
@4th&inches - 163.95
@Galileo - 163.70
@cstruk - 162.45
@Mingooch - 159.10
@bcnfinance - 154.60
@ConstruxBoy - 154.05
@neal cassady - 151.15
@Raging weasel - 148.75

Sadly, we lost 5:
@BillyJoeBob - 143.60
@BassNBrew - 138.65
@QuizGuy66 - 137.50
@IHEARTFF - 130.45
@Shaunz33 - 114.85

Best of luck to the 31 left fighting for extra goodies!
I copied Go DC Yourself’s rooster, so it’s only fair he gets top billing.

For sake of this contest mulling over if me being one of over 20% of remaining teams that lost Dak is worse or better for me then fact I'm one of about 1% of the teams still alive that have Dalton?

Only 36 started the week, and here are the finishes:

@Grid71 - 214.65
@gobrowns33 - 209.35
@Sweet Love - 202.45
@apalmer - 193.90
@Maggot Brain - 192.35
@coltsuperfan - 191.90
@Titans_fan - 189.95
@Kujjie - 186.75
@Synthesizer - 183.75
@GroveDiesel - 182.95
@Solomon Grundy - 180.75
@wombat104 - 179.25
@da_budman - 176.35
@scoobus - 175.25
@madzff - 173.60
@Genester - 171.80
@mphtrilogy - 170.55
@themeanmachine - 169.35
@stuckinthemuck - 169.25
@4th&inches - 163.95
@Galileo - 163.70
@cstruk - 162.45
@Mingooch - 159.10
@bcnfinance - 154.60
@ConstruxBoy - 154.05
@neal cassady - 151.15
@Raging weasel - 148.75

Sadly, we lost 5:
@BillyJoeBob - 143.60
@BassNBrew - 138.65
@QuizGuy66 - 137.50
@IHEARTFF - 130.45
@Shaunz33 - 114.85

Best of luck to the 31 left fighting for extra goodies!
You forgot me! :(

Deamon said:
You forgot me! :(
I had to go back to figure out why.  Turns out you altered your roster on page 7 and I missed it.  As a matter of fact, I assumed you were out of the running, and did not include you on my posts on pages 15, 24, and 27 of this thread.  You are back on the list, and I apologize.  I now have the team numbers written down for the remaining 32 teams, so I won't accidentally leave anyone off for the rest of the contest.

Best of luck!

didn't think i would make it, but did by a whole 0.25. Not optimistic with my WRs and losing Goeddart
made another week by a whopping 2.25.

i should feel good knowing the only injuries i have had are Goedert and Bryan Edwards (and a K was cut preseason), but i'm barely scraping by with a healthy roster... so not so much

30 player rooster barely made it through to week 5  :excited:  clearing 7 byes.

Surprise MVP $5 McKinnon saved my bacon with 19 points and is the only player counting each week.

3 players scored 3/4 weeks.  CEH, Lamb and Sanders

9 players counted twice

9 players counted once

8 haven’t cracked the lineup 

$12 dead money Jarwin and Seibert
Welcome to the starting lineup Preston Williams and Irv Smith!  Good to see some small ray of sunshine from the TE group.

still just $12 dead money, but Moss and his $10 tag might belong here too. has been a complete dud so far.  Your brothers have been carrying you kid. Bout time to show em you belong.

6 players haven’t counted 

10 provided a single boom week

5 showed out twice (includes my FF mancrush Mapletron)

6 lit up the scoreboard three times

3 stars nailed it 4 times.   McKinnon saved me in this contest week 4, so I’m glad he took a week off to recoup.  Lamb and Sanders are the root.

Welcome to the starting lineup Preston Williams and Irv Smith!  Good to see some small ray of sunshine from the TE group.

still just $12 dead money, but Moss and his $10 tag might belong here too. has been a complete dud so far.  Your brothers have been carrying you kid. Bout time to show em you belong.

6 players haven’t counted 

10 provided a single boom week

5 showed out twice (includes my FF mancrush Mapletron)

6 lit up the scoreboard three times

3 stars nailed it 4 times.   McKinnon saved me in this contest week 4, so I’m glad he took a week off to recoup.  Lamb and Sanders are the root.
You realize that dead money is money spent on players that have not contributed to any of your weekly scores, and not simply injured/cut players, correct?

I have something like 50$ in dead money still, lol...

You realize that dead money is money spent on players that have not contributed to any of your weekly scores, and not simply injured/cut players, correct?

Funny, my definition of dead money is just the opposite: money spent on players who have no chance of contributing because of injury/cut.

This is why i havent replied about my dead money...I wasnt sure what " dead money" actually meant.

After 5 weeks, I have only 2 players who have not scored yet...a total of $12 in dead money. (bryan edwards and blake jarwin)

Going forward, I have injuries to dak and blake ($28 total) and also carrying Nick Chubb ($26)

Roster size survival stats...

Overall - 3212/10226 = 31.41%

18 - 780/2992 = 26.07%
19 - 407/1381 = 29.47%
20 - 373/1193 = 31.27%
21 - 321/943 = 34.04%
22 - 313/882 = 35.49%
23 - 254/732 = 34.70%
24 - 200/555 = 36.04%
25 - 164/412 = 39.81%
26 - 123/332 = 37.05%
27 - 100/266 = 37.59%
28 - 52/171 = 30.41%
29 - 54/141 = 38.30%
30 - 71/226 = 31.42%

Dead money count for me:

Roethlisberger ($11) and Rivers ($8).  That will change this week with Russ on BYE.

Boston Scott ($11) and Zack Moss ($10).

Bryan Edwards ($3)

Atlanta ($2) and Arizona ($2).

Total = $47

Actually did not consider that. Count dead money as players who have no chance of contributing for the rest of the contest. Literally dead money with no shot at helping going forward. Dak is the perfect example of a player I would list as dead money going forward. I would count him as dead despite scoring points for owners several times weeks 1 to 5.

On the other hand, between Moss, Edwards, Boswell and Sloman there is a good chance someone will contribute going forward despite not producing enough to count through week 5.

Since I misunderstood, could you help me state the status more accurately going forward? 

I think dead money is what you stated, guys injured or cut and out the rest of the year. I have Barkley and Jarwin, so that's $44 in dead money. 

Dead weight is guys who aren't dead money, but haven't counted for you yet. So I have Burrow, Haskins, and Edwards who are not ruled out for the year, but have not contributed yet. I don't consider being benched dead money. So $19 in dead weight. 

Users who are viewing this thread