Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Footballguys Subscriber Contest is LIVE


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Titans_fan said:

I can't tell you how many times I said, "Why the f*** is Corey Clement getting touches?" and "Lamb!  Throw it to Lamb!"

I'm hopeful but realistic at the same time.  I'd take a 14-10 game and be happy.  Ownership percentages handy for tonight?  Wondering who to root against the most!

Here you go.  Lucky for those sweating, you don't have to worry about kickers.

QB - Brady (246), Jones (75)
When I predicted a decent rise in the cut, I was thinking about Brady.  He is owned by one out of every six teams left, and there haven't been a lot of great showings by QB this week.  Also have to assume a chunk of them will be using his entire score.

RB - Jones (61), McCoy (38), Barkley (37 - OUT), Fournette (9), Freeman (6 - OUT), Lewis (6), Vaughn (1)
Only the Bucs can move the line at RB.  Dion has been active all 7 games, with only 1 game over 2 points.

WR - Shepard (91), Godwin (76 - OUT), Evans (53), Slayton (49), Tate (28), Brown (4 - OUT)
The trio of NYG WR's may steal from each other, but Evans has a chance for a huge game.

TE - Howard (145 - OUT), Gronkowski (94), Engram (51), Brate (22), Smith (9)
Gronk with 5 catches and a TD in each of his last 2 games.  Engram capable of monster game at any time.  Brate with a decent week 5, but invisible otherwise.  Smith with a high of 17 yds in week 1.

D - TB (160), NYG (47)
Only 2 live teams with both.  Bucs are common enough to make a big dent with a strong game.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TheWinz said:

Here you go.  Lucky for those sweating, you don't have to worry about kickers.

QB - Brady (246), Jones (75)
When I predicted a decent rise in the cut, I was thinking about Brady.  He is owned by one out of every six teams left, and there haven't been a lot of great showings by QB this week.  Also have to assume a chunk of them will be using his entire score.

RB - Jones (61), McCoy (38), Barkley (37 - OUT), Fournette (9), Freeman (6 - OUT), Lewis (6), Vaughn (1)
Only the Bucs can move the line at RB.  Dion has been active all 7 games, with only 1 game over 2 points.

WR - Shepard (91), Godwin (76 - OUT), Evans (53), Slayton (49), Tate (28), Brown (4 - OUT)
The trio of NYG WR's may steal from each other, but Evans has a chance for a huge game.

TE - Howard (145 - OUT), Gronkowski (94), Engram (51), Brate (22), Smith (9)
Gronk with 5 catches and a TD in each of his last 2 games.  Engram capable of monster game at any time.  Brate with a decent week 5, but invisible otherwise.  Smith with a high of 17 yds in week 1.

D - TB (160), NYG (47)
Only 2 live teams with both.  Bucs are common enough to make a big dent with a strong game.
 

So, based on your history with tracking this and expected production, how much does this game move the line?  Assuming Vegas is right on the number and our final score is something like 28-17 TB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Titans_fan said:

So, based on your history with tracking this and expected production, how much does this game move the line?  Assuming Vegas is right on the number and our final score is something like 28-17 TB.

I don't know what to think anymore.  I assumed a 10 pt increase last night, but it was only 5.  With Brady's commonality, I will guess 10 for this game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ConstruxBoy said:

Yeah, going out with a whimper. Too many injuries as you mentioned. Good luck to everyone else on the list above. 

I realize that it's SOMEWHERE in this thread but rather than looking for your lineup I'm curious if you wish that you had gone with a bigger roster? Or did your big $ players get you this far?

In the end I think injuries eliminate at least half the teams even in a normal year, and this year has been anything but normal. The additional wild card of bye weeks moving around(which I didn't expect given how the league said they were going to handle Covid) probably hurt a lot of people this season as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

This is funny?  I am either missing out on something or dudes in here are doing some serious number crunching. 

Here you are...

http://calcomatic.com/EntryLive/104127

Just refresh the page every few minutes and you will see the cut line change

Edited by TheWinz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, BoltBacker said:

I realize that it's SOMEWHERE in this thread but rather than looking for your lineup I'm curious if you wish that you had gone with a bigger roster? Or did your big $ players get you this far?

In the end I think injuries eliminate at least half the teams even in a normal year, and this year has been anything but normal. The additional wild card of bye weeks moving around(which I didn't expect given how the league said they were going to handle Covid) probably hurt a lot of people this season as well. 

Eh, not really. Went with 26 anyway:

 

QB - Josh Allen - BUF/11 - $16
QB - Joe Burrow - CIN/9 - $11
QB - Dwayne Haskins - WAS/8 - $5

RB - Saquon Barkley - NYG/11 - $35
RB - Miles Sanders - PHI/9 - $28
RB - Antonio Gibson - WAS/8 - $9
RB - Chris Thompson - JAX/7 - $5
RB - Malcolm Brown - LAR/9 - $4
RB - Benny Snell - PIT/8 - $4

WR - Calvin Ridley - ATL/10 - $21
WR - DK Metcalf - SEA/6 - $18
WR - D.J. Chark - JAX/7 - $17
WR - Diontae Johnson - PIT/8 - $13
WR - Jerry Jeudy - DEN/8 - $12
WR - Cole Beasley - BUF/11 - $5
WR - Bryan Edwards - LV/6 - $3

TE - Mike Gesicki - MIA/11 - $12
TE - Blake Jarwin - DAL/10 - $9
TE - Kyle Rudolph - MIN/7 - $6
TE - Jordan Akins - HOU/8 - $3

PK - Chris Boswell - PIT/8 - $3
PK - Stephen Gostkowski - TEN/7 - $2
PK - Sam Sloman - LAR/9 - $2

TD - Tennessee Titans - TEN/7 - $3
TD - Arizona Cardinals - ARI/8 - $2
TD - Cincinnati Bengals - CIN/9 - $2

 

Allen was better than I thought and Barrow is solid but Haskins didn't make it. 

Barkley getting hurt was brutal. Sanders was good for awhile but then injured as well. I really needed two of the remaining four to become consistent double digit guys and really only Gibson did that. 

WRs were OK. Ridley and Metcalf were solid. Chark is a bust. Johnson was too banged up although had some solid weeks. Jeudy was a bust. Beasley was great value and Edwards did nothing. 

Gesicki disappointed and Jarwin getting hurt killed this position. Really thought Akins would be a sleeper. 

K and D were nothing great but not terrible. 

 

Just not my year. Week 8 isn't too bad. Good luck to all remaining. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, BoltBacker said:

I realize that it's SOMEWHERE in this thread but rather than looking for your lineup I'm curious if you wish that you had gone with a bigger roster? Or did your big $ players get you this far?

In the end I think injuries eliminate at least half the teams even in a normal year, and this year has been anything but normal. The additional wild card of bye weeks moving around(which I didn't expect given how the league said they were going to handle Covid) probably hurt a lot of people this season as well. 

I went with 18 and am still happy with my choice. Now I would be happier with a different 18 but I would not increase the roster much if at all given a second chance. People in this group seem to prefer large rosters and look down upon the small rosters but I found that the cheap players I would pick never made any difference. So after many years I finally concluded that I was bad at picking cheap players and have gone with 18 the last two years. Last year was the first time I made it to the final 250.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still alive but I think this is my final week unless some WR's start to heal up quickly.  I try to space out bye weeks, but can't space out injuries LOL.

Kenny Golladay        out?

Sammy Watkins       out?

Justin Jefferson      

Allen Lazard            out?

Josh Reynolds         bye

Bryan Edwards        out?

http://calcomatic.com/EntryLive/106713

Good Luck to the the rest of the teams that are still in!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, The Future Champs said:

:lmao:  holy crap dude

:kicksrock:

Cutoff ended up being 125.25. I had 125.15 

😢 In hindsight, having more RBs might have helped, but at what cost? Taking Mitch was a mistake but the thought process (cheap QB who isn't good but puts up FF points when playing) wasn't horrible. But if diontae or golliday had produced this week I'd be good to go. :shrug: good luck to those remaining!

Edited by FUBAR
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And now I'm out for real, 2.55 pts below the cut line. (Prev posts on my team: 1, 2, 3)

Biggest problem was that half of my 18 RB/WR/TEs were inactive, with 7 injured & 2 on bye. So no Michael Thomas, Zach Ertz, Julian Edelman, Deebo Samuel, Antonio Gibson (bye), Laviska Shenault (bye), Parris Campbell, Bryan Edwards, or Jordan Akins. That left 9 guys for 7 starting slots (including Snell who didn't play a snap) so I wound up with Irv Smith (3.1 pts) and Valdes-Scantling (3.3 pts) in my lineup. In total I had a 17 player $135 roster active this week.

Also, none of my many defenses and kickers came through. Only 5 of the 9 were active this week, with 3 on bye (PK Hopkins, JAX D, ARI D) and 1 unemployed (PK Sloman), and none of those 5 managed to score more than 5 points. Usually the large bench of specialists offers a high floor, but that didn't really pan out this year and especially not this week.

With how my roster is looking, I mainly feel lucky to have made it this far and to even be this close to the wk8 cut-line. Nice games this week from Rivers & Corey Davis at least made it close.

Final stats for my half-season:

Pos    Player    Starts    Starter Points
QB    Kirk Cousins    2    57.3
QB    Philip Rivers    2    66.35
QB    Derek Carr    4    123.5
RB    Derrick Henry    6    130.2
RB    Josh Jacobs    6    98.8
RB    Antonio Gibson    5    72.4
RB    Benny Snell    1    8.6
RB    Frank Gore    1    9
WR    Michael Thomas    0    0
WR    Julian Edelman    1    25.9
WR    Deebo Samuel    3    34.4
WR    Parris Campbell    1    14
WR    Corey Davis    5    83.9
WR    Laviska Shenault    5    58.5
WR    TreQuan Smith    5    61.9
WR    Marquez Valdes-Scantling    4    37.6
WR    Bryan Edwards    0    0
TE    Zach Ertz    2    26.8
TE    Darren Waller    6    118.7
TE    Irv Smith    3    27
TE    Jordan Akins    2    25.1
PK    Chris Boswell    4    31.4
PK    Dustin Hopkins    2    17.1
PK    Stephen Gostkowski    2    40
PK    Sam Sloman    0    0
DT    Tennessee Titans    2    15
DT    Atlanta Falcons    1    5
DT    Jacksonville Jaguars    1    5
DT    Detroit Lions    1    4
DT    Arizona Cardinals    3    27

Edited by ZWK
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We started the week with 17, and will be moving to week 9 with 11

179.05 - 103477 - @stuckinthemuck - only position he lacks a Giant is kicker, because Gano wasn't offered
171.55 - 103205 - @4th&inches - good scores at every position; even left double digit TE on the bench
170.70 - 103462 - @Raging weasel - consistent scoring team - never too high or low - welcoming back Goedert
163.05 - 103413 - @Go DC Yourself - a tough week 9 with Haskins benched; hopefully Wilson or Rivers can fill in
155.55 - 103368 - @Kujjie - only rostered 4 RB's, and has been playing with 3 all season (Cohen was a bust)
151.00 - 103729 - @bcnfinance - quite safe with Mahomes and his 50 pts; needs Jonnu to step up in Kittle's absence
148.50 - 100246 - @gobrowns33 - still has 2 producing TE's, and Davante looking great; Corey Davis a nice surprise
141.10 - 104031 - @cstruk - 18-man roster; only player not used yet is Chris Thompson
135.40 - 104127 - @Galileo - took a goose egg at RB, as only Jacobs showed up; game ball goes to the Miami D
133.50 - 103154 - @Synthesizer - one of many who sat home thankful the Giants gave the Bucs a hard time
132.45 - 102453 - @Titans_fan - over by at least 34 every week until now; need Mixon and Carson back in the lineup

Join me in saying goodbye to:
121.15 - 102020 - @neal cassady - 3 RB's in double digits every week... until now; stable of4 TE's didn't pan out either
116.90 - 104511 - @Deamon - Aaron Jones sorely missed and Ridley/Thielen combo scored less than half their averages
116.90 - 103146 - @themeanmachine - calcomatic has no pts for Damien Harris, but having only 1 WR score did him in
110.00 - 104539 - @BroadwayG - was comfortably over the line each week, then his WR corps disappeared
109.60 - 103281 - @mphtrilogy - it's amazing how many teams have a stable of similar underwhelming TE's
104.75 - 103292 - @ConstruxBoy - 7, 6, 4, 4, 3, 2, 0 - 7 scores used this week - sans Metcalf woulda finished 1500th

  • Thanks 3
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheWinz said:

We started the week with 17, and will be moving to week 9 with 11

179.05 - 103477 - @stuckinthemuck - only position he lacks a Giant is kicker, because Gano wasn't offered
171.55 - 103205 - @4th&inches - good scores at every position; even left double digit TE on the bench
170.70 - 103462 - @Raging weasel - consistent scoring team - never too high or low - welcoming back Goedert
163.05 - 103413 - @Go DC Yourself - a tough week 9 with Haskins benched; hopefully Wilson or Rivers can fill in
155.55 - 103368 - @Kujjie - only rostered 4 RB's, and has been playing with 3 all season (Cohen was a bust)
151.00 - 103729 - @bcnfinance - quite safe with Mahomes and his 50 pts; needs Jonnu to step up in Kittle's absence
148.50 - 100246 - @gobrowns33 - still has 2 producing TE's, and Davante looking great; Corey Davis a nice surprise
141.10 - 104031 - @cstruk - 18-man roster; only player not used yet is Chris Thompson
135.40 - 104127 - @Galileo - took a goose egg at RB, as only Jacobs showed up; game ball goes to the Miami D
133.50 - 103154 - @Synthesizer - one of many who sat home thankful the Giants gave the Bucs a hard time
132.45 - 102453 - @Titans_fan - over by at least 34 every week until now; need Mixon and Carson back in the lineup

Join me in saying goodbye to:
121.15 - 102020 - @neal cassady - 3 RB's in double digits every week... until now; stable of4 TE's didn't pan out either
116.90 - 104511 - @Deamon - Aaron Jones sorely missed and Ridley/Thielen combo scored less than half their averages
116.90 - 103146 - @themeanmachine - calcomatic has no pts for Damien Harris, but having only 1 WR score did him in
110.00 - 104539 - @BroadwayG - was comfortably over the line each week, then his WR corps disappeared
109.60 - 103281 - @mphtrilogy - it's amazing how many teams have a stable of similar underwhelming TE's
104.75 - 103292 - @ConstruxBoy - 7, 6, 4, 4, 3, 2, 0 - 7 scores used this week - sans Metcalf woulda finished 1500th

Thanks goodness for Metcalf then, huh?

 

:lmao:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ConstruxBoy said:

Barkley getting hurt was brutal. Sanders was good for awhile but then injured as well. I really needed two of the remaining four to become consistent double digit guys and really only Gibson did that. 

Yeah, when you have that big a piece of your roster go down that early it's pretty tough to go even as far as you did. I am going through the same thing now that Chris Carson($21) tied as my most expensive player. Doing pretty well but my RB's are patchwork and if I can't get some consistent production from Carson again I'll be out soon.

The only one that really shocked me was Chark($17), and I know you weren't alone in your optimism. The switch to Gruden as OC had me spooked. I threw a dart at Conley and he's been a bust for me as well but it's easier to take at $4. He still hasn't counted toward my total even one week but my WR's have been strong and been carrying my team.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, cstruk said:

People in this group seem to prefer large rosters and look down upon the small rosters but I found that the cheap players I would pick never made any difference. So after many years I finally concluded that I was bad at picking cheap players and have gone with 18 the last two years. Last year was the first time I made it to the final 250.

Congrats on making it to the final 250, that's farther than I have ever gotten. Not sure if I agree that most people were in for deeper rosters. I think it was something like less than 5% had rosters in the high 20's. 

Just to be clear, I'm not always a deep roster guy but THIS year.... with fewer than normal number of entries AND probably more games missed due to increased injuries/COVID... I felt like it was the best strategy. But maybe it's not the best strategy to WIN, just to get in the final 100 or whatever.... we will soon find out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10.83% overall contest survival rate

# of QB's
1 - 9/112 = 8.06%
2 - 392/3802 = 10.31%
3 - 536/4770 = 11.24%
4 - 146/1183 = 12.34%
5 - 22/254 = 8.66%
6 - 2/64 = 3.12%
7+ - 0/41 = 0.00%

$ spent on QB's
$5 - $10 - 0/4 = 0.00%
$11 - $15 - 1/46 = 2.17%
$16 - $20 - 24/295 = 8.14%
$21 - $25 - 104/1134 = 9.17%
$26 - $30 - 277/2392 = 11.58%
$31 - $35 - 287/2460 = 11.67%
$36 - $40 - 219/1897 = 11.54%
$41 - $45 - 111/1071 = 10.36%
$46 - $50 - 45/441 = 10.20%
$51+ - 39/486 = 8.02%

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10.83% overall contest survival rate

# of RB's
2 - 3/73 = 4.11%
3 - 35/515 = 6.80%
4 - 227/2357 = 9.63%
5 - 407/3764 = 10.81%
6 - 286/2243 = 12.75%
7 - 102/866 = 11.78%
8 - 38/300 = 12.67%
9+ - 9/108 = 8.33%

$ spent on RB's
$1 - $40 - 0/23 = 0.00%
$41 - $50 - 4/52 = 7.69%
$51 - $60 - 25/191 = 13.09%
$61 - $70 - 89/676 = 13.17%
$71 - $80 - 265/1903 = 13.93%
$81 - $90 - 351/3046 = 11.52%
$91 - $100 - 268/2646 = 10.13%
$101 - $110 - 89/1222 = 7.28%
$111+ - 16/467 = 3.43%

Survival rate drops pretty fast once we hit $81, yet more than 72% of the entries spent $81 or more.

 

Edited by TheWinz
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2020 at 7:28 PM, Steeler said:

I just updated Calcomatic.  Let me know if things look OK now.

Sorry for the delay - lot of stuff happening IRL for me this week.  Nothing major - just needed my attention more than Fantasy Football.

 

I see we are ready for week 9. Thank you!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TheWinz said:

10.83% overall contest survival rate

# of RB's
2 - 3/73 = 4.11%
3 - 35/515 = 6.80%
4 - 227/2357 = 9.63%
5 - 407/3764 = 10.81%
6 - 286/2243 = 12.75%
7 - 102/866 = 11.78%
8 - 38/300 = 12.67%
9+ - 9/108 = 8.33%

$ spent on RB's
$1 - $40 - 0/23 = 0.00%
$41 - $50 - 4/52 = 7.69%
$51 - $60 - 25/191 = 13.09%
$61 - $70 - 89/676 = 13.17%
$71 - $80 - 265/1903 = 13.93%
$81 - $90 - 351/3046 = 11.52%
$91 - $100 - 268/2646 = 10.13%
$101 - $110 - 89/1222 = 7.28%
$111+ - 16/467 = 3.43%

Survival rate drops pretty fast once we hit $81, yet more than 72% of the entries spent $81 or more.

 

Thanks TheWinz.  This type of data is really helpful in planning the 2021 team.  Can't wait to see what the final 250 teams look like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10.83% overall contest survival rate

# of WR's
2 - 0/36 = 0.00%
3 - 3/143 = 2.10%
4 - 66/1013 = 6.52%
5 - 293/2967 = 9.88%
6 - 356/2970 = 11.99%
7 - 193/1693 = 11.40%
8 - 120/874 = 13.73%
9 - 47/351 = 13.39%
10+ - 29/179 = 16.20%

$ spent on WR's
$1 - $50 - 1/129 = 0.78%
$51 - $60 - 30/399 = 7.52%
$61 - $70 - 114/1287 = 8.86%
$71 - $80 - 333/2776 = 12.00%
$81 - $90 - 334/2995 = 11.15%
$91 - $100 - 200/1735 = 11.53%
$101 - $110 - 71/636 = 11.16%
$111+ - 24/269 = 8.92%

Looks like a cheap and deep WR combo has been the way to go thus far.  When I finish all the positions, I am gonna try to make the ultimate roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10.83% overall contest survival rate

# of TE's
1 - 27/445 = 6.07%
2 - 467/4952 = 9.43%
3 - 483/3913 = 12.34%
4 - 114/794 = 14.36%
5 - 14/100 = 14.00%
6 - 2/19 = 10.53%
7 - 0/3 = 0.00%

$ spent on TE's
$1 - $10 - 6/150 = 4.00%
$11 - $15 - 33/443 = 7.45%
$16 - $20 - 103/1288 = 8.00%
$21 - $25 - 259/2366 = 10.95%
$26 - $30 - 243/2129 = 11.41%
$31 - $35 - 171/1567 = 10.91%
$36 - $40 - 145/1225 = 11.84%
$41 - $45 - 79/568 = 13.91%
$46 - $50 - 33/269 = 12.27%
$51+ - 35/221 = 15.84%

Not alot of great cheap contest TE's this year.  The cheapest of the top 6 thus far is Hockenson at $14 (Kelce, Waller, Kittle, Hurst, Andrews).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10.83% overall contest survival rate

# of K's
1 - 57/1034 = 5.51%
2 - 675/6335 = 10.66%
3 - 338/2489 = 13.58%
4 - 33/291 = 11.34%
5+ - 4/77 = 5.19%

$ spent on K's
$1 - $2 - 2/110 = 1.82%
$3 - $4 - 51/795 = 6.42%
$5 - $6 - 218/2172 = 10.04%
$7 - $8 - 346/3086 = 11.21%
$9 - $10 - 279/2341 = 11.92%
$11 - $15 - 197/1554 = 12.68%
$15+ - 16/168 = 9.52%

I am big on cheap kickers, but this year the $2 ones can't seem to keep their jobs.  Also, didn't really want to bulk all the $11 thru $15 teams into one, but didn't feel like counting individual entries.  My guess is that $11 & $12 teams have a better survival rate than the $14 & $15 teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10.83% overall contest survival rate

# of D's
1 - 54/938 = 5.76%
2 - 645/5933 = 10.87%
3 - 341/2782 = 12.26%
4 - 55/461 = 11.93%
5+ - 12/112 = 10.71%

$ spent on D's
$1 - $2 - 3/80 = 3.75%
$3 - $4 - 43/652 = 6.60%
$5 - $6 - 170/1701 = 9.99%
$7 - $8 - 314/2897 = 10.84%
$9 - $10 - 294/2445 = 12.02%
$11 - $15 - 253/2172 = 11.65%
$15+ - 30/279 = 10.75%

As expected, D's are very similar to K's, but you seem to get a better bang for your buck with cheap D's vs cheap K's this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, using the data from my last handful of posts, here is a great roster for this year's contest... at least so far

QB - Russell Wilson, Ryan Tannehill, Justin Herbert, Andy Dalton - 4 QB's for $33
RB - Alvin Kamara, Kareem Hunt, Antonio Gibson, Giovani Bernard, Jerick McKinnon, Frank Gore - 6 RB's for $72
WR - Tyler Lockett, Will Fuller, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Cole Beasley, Tee Higgins, Laviska Shenault, Chase Claypool, Kendrick Bourne, TreQuan Smith - 10 WR's for $73 
TE - Travis Kelce, Jonnu Smith, Eric Ebron, Jimmy Graham - 4 TE's for $52
K - Wil Lutz, Randy Bullock, Joey Slye - 3 K's for $11
D - Chiefs, Colts, Dolphins - 3 D's for $9

Total - 30 roster spots for $250

The closest to the line this team came was in week 4, when they squeaked by with a paltry 197, only 56 points above. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Deamon said:

I'm sad I'm out.  I want back in.

Dude, I hear ya.  I got booted in week 4, and it sucks.  I just want the playoff contest to begin at this point.  I'm doing a pretty decent job of trying to root on those still alive, but the truth is I'd slaughter a truckload of kittens to be back in it.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joe's magnificent 11 survivors recap (in order of when team submitted):

8 Sep, 7:20pm - @cstruk
18-man roster with very little wasted money.  Only player unused is Chris Thompson.  Ertz can still come back for the contest playoffs, but at this point, woulda been nice to see Thompson's $5 spent on Jimmy Graham.  One of many teams hoping Ridley returns to form quickly.  Go Mongol Horde!

8 Sep, 8:21pm - @Galileo
21-man roster aching to get Aaron Jones & Chris Carson healthy for a final push.  Chris Thompson, Sam Sloman, and Raiders D yet to count.  The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else to do in the universe. - my favorite Galileo quote

9 Sep, 12:08am - @bcnfinance
22-man roster whose most important player right now might just be Jonnu Smith.  In hindsight, you might think it would've been better to roster Kelce ($30) instead of Kittle ($27) and the unused Bryan Edwards ($3), but if you had, you would've been eliminated in week 4.  Hang in there, BCN.

9 Sep, 5:19am - @gobrowns33
23-man roster who has used every player (albeit a goose egg from Seibert in week 4).  Even though you've made the cut by 38 & 23 over the last 2 weeks, do you realize you woulda been cut both weeks if Davante hadn't returned?  Now, that's how good he is!

9 Sep, 7:33am - @stuckinthemuck
26-man roster with $67 unused after 8 weeks.  Just let that sink in for a minute - it's pretty incredible.  The only entry still alive with the trio of Wilson/Lockett/Metcalf along with battering ram Derrick Henry.  Also, the only team left with Saquon and the Giants D.

9 Sep, 7:47am - @Raging weasel
25-man roster who seem to be taking turns having good games.  Only unused players are Darnold and Akers, who is slowly returning from a rib injury suffered early on.  Phillip Lindsay  is running at a 6.9 YPC clip since returning from a toe injury - move over Melvin Gordon.

9 Sep, 8:39am - @Go DC Yourself
26-man roster with Russell Wilson at the helm.  This team has only had one scare in week 4 (over by 7.90), but otherwise has been over the line by a weekly average of 45.5 points.  Has used Wilson every week except for his week 6 bye... but would still be alive without him!

9 Sep, 9:44am - @Kujjie
21-man roster that looks more like an 18-man roster.  Well above the cut all but once.  Has done this with only 3 RB's all season, after losing Cohen.  Oh wait, he was also without Aaron Jones a few times too.  Leading the pack with a weekly average of 182, even with $24 in unused bucks.  

9 Sep, 10:31am - @Titans_fan
24-man roster looking for help at the WR position.  Have used trio of Lockett, Lamb, and Claypool 17 times, while the trio of Hilton, Campbell, and Edwards have combined for 2 starts.  Who needs Big Ben when you have Wilson?  Will be welcoming back Mixon after his bye.

9 Sep, 10:51am - @4th&inches
25-man roster held together by a strong WR corps.  1 flex score from RB's, 2 from TE's, and 13 from WR's.  Akers, Edwards, and Raiders D still aching to count for the first time.  As a lifelong Chargers fan, it's fun to root for Keenan Allen & Mike Badgley.  Shoulda taken Herbert too!

9 Sep, 11:20am - @Synthesizer
22-man roster with only $5 unused (Chris Thompson).  Only kicker who could save him in week 3 was Gostkowski.  Looking thin at WR - Boyd on bye, Ridley ailing, Williams with only 1 strong game, Lamb without Dak, so Synthesizer will be rootin' for Luton with Chark on his squad.

Good luck all!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, TheWinz said:

Dude, I hear ya.  I got booted in week 4, and it sucks.  I just want the playoff contest to begin at this point.  I'm doing a pretty decent job of trying to root on those still alive, but the truth is I'd slaughter a truckload of kittens to be back in it.

That may be a tiny bit extreme but I feel ya.

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/4/2020 at 11:14 PM, TheWinz said:

10.83% overall contest survival rate

# of QB's
1 - 9/112 = 8.06%
2 - 392/3802 = 10.31%
3 - 536/4770 = 11.24%
4 - 146/1183 = 12.34%
5 - 22/254 = 8.66%
6 - 2/64 = 3.12%
7+ - 0/41 = 0.00%

$ spent on QB's
$5 - $10 - 0/4 = 0.00%
$11 - $15 - 1/46 = 2.17%
$16 - $20 - 24/295 = 8.14%
$21 - $25 - 104/1134 = 9.17%
$26 - $30 - 277/2392 = 11.58%
$31 - $35 - 287/2460 = 11.67%
$36 - $40 - 219/1897 = 11.54%
$41 - $45 - 111/1071 = 10.36%
$46 - $50 - 45/441 = 10.20%
$51+ - 39/486 = 8.02%

 

4QB/35$ here so I'm right in the sweet spot of these results.

Interestingly, my top 2QB/$23 have counted 4 times @ 29.9ppg.  My bottom 2QB/$12 have counted 4 times @ 32ppg. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BoltBacker said:

4QB/35$ here so I'm right in the sweet spot of these results.

Interestingly, my top 2QB/$23 have counted 4 times @ 29.9ppg.  My bottom 2QB/$12 have counted 4 times @ 32ppg. 

My guess is your $4 QB may not count too much for you anymore.
I will throw out another guess - the Steelers D will count for you every week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TheWinz said:

My guess is your $4 QB may not count too much for you anymore.
I will throw out another guess - the Steelers D will count for you every week

Let's hope that DAL offensive line treats they PIT defense very well this weekend.

I am rooting for Tua to succeed overall, but given all the injuries in 2020, growing list of Covid players, and the Tua personal history of health I wouldn't be all that surprised if Fitz plays again before the end of the year. Either way, he has already counted for me twice so for $4 I can live with that.

At this point it could be coming down to a war of attrition and I am still pretty happy with the exception of PK. Gostowski may be done but at least Lutz has already had his bye.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/7/2020 at 4:11 PM, TheWinz said:

Joe's magnificent 11 survivors recap (in order of when team submitted):

8 Sep, 7:20pm - @cstruk
18-man roster with very little wasted money.  Only player unused is Chris Thompson.  Ertz can still come back for the contest playoffs, but at this point, woulda been nice to see Thompson's $5 spent on Jimmy Graham.  One of many teams hoping Ridley returns to form quickly.  Go Mongol Horde!

8 Sep, 8:21pm - @Galileo
21-man roster aching to get Aaron Jones & Chris Carson healthy for a final push.  Chris Thompson, Sam Sloman, and Raiders D yet to count.  The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else to do in the universe. - my favorite Galileo quote

9 Sep, 12:08am - @bcnfinance
22-man roster whose most important player right now might just be Jonnu Smith.  In hindsight, you might think it would've been better to roster Kelce ($30) instead of Kittle ($27) and the unused Bryan Edwards ($3), but if you had, you would've been eliminated in week 4.  Hang in there, BCN.

9 Sep, 5:19am - @gobrowns33
23-man roster who has used every player (albeit a goose egg from Seibert in week 4).  Even though you've made the cut by 38 & 23 over the last 2 weeks, do you realize you woulda been cut both weeks if Davante hadn't returned?  Now, that's how good he is!

9 Sep, 7:33am - @stuckinthemuck
26-man roster with $67 unused after 8 weeks.  Just let that sink in for a minute - it's pretty incredible.  The only entry still alive with the trio of Wilson/Lockett/Metcalf along with battering ram Derrick Henry.  Also, the only team left with Saquon and the Giants D.

9 Sep, 7:47am - @Raging weasel
25-man roster who seem to be taking turns having good games.  Only unused players are Darnold and Akers, who is slowly returning from a rib injury suffered early on.  Phillip Lindsay  is running at a 6.9 YPC clip since returning from a toe injury - move over Melvin Gordon.

9 Sep, 8:39am - @Go DC Yourself
26-man roster with Russell Wilson at the helm.  This team has only had one scare in week 4 (over by 7.90), but otherwise has been over the line by a weekly average of 45.5 points.  Has used Wilson every week except for his week 6 bye... but would still be alive without him!

9 Sep, 9:44am - @Kujjie
21-man roster that looks more like an 18-man roster.  Well above the cut all but once.  Has done this with only 3 RB's all season, after losing Cohen.  Oh wait, he was also without Aaron Jones a few times too.  Leading the pack with a weekly average of 182, even with $24 in unused bucks.  

9 Sep, 10:31am - @Titans_fan
24-man roster looking for help at the WR position.  Have used trio of Lockett, Lamb, and Claypool 17 times, while the trio of Hilton, Campbell, and Edwards have combined for 2 starts.  Who needs Big Ben when you have Wilson?  Will be welcoming back Mixon after his bye.

9 Sep, 10:51am - @4th&inches
25-man roster held together by a strong WR corps.  1 flex score from RB's, 2 from TE's, and 13 from WR's.  Akers, Edwards, and Raiders D still aching to count for the first time.  As a lifelong Chargers fan, it's fun to root for Keenan Allen & Mike Badgley.  Shoulda taken Herbert too!

9 Sep, 11:20am - @Synthesizer
22-man roster with only $5 unused (Chris Thompson).  Only kicker who could save him in week 3 was Gostkowski.  Looking thin at WR - Boyd on bye, Ridley ailing, Williams with only 1 strong game, Lamb without Dak, so Synthesizer will be rootin' for Luton with Chark on his squad.

Good luck all!

Actually I wish I had gotten Kelce instead of Ertz. I kept thinking I was spending too much at RB but could not find a cheaper combo that I liked so I settled for Ertz. It looks like that decision will cost me this weekend as I have been hanging around the cut line most of the day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, cstruk said:

Actually I wish I had gotten Kelce instead of Ertz. I kept thinking I was spending too much at RB but could not find a cheaper combo that I liked so I settled for Ertz. It looks like that decision will cost me this weekend as I have been hanging around the cut line most of the day

Kelce coulda cost $50 and he still woulda been worth it so far!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Injuries finally caught up with me.  Couldn't survive a week with zeroes from Mixon, Carson, Scott, Campbell, Edwards, Hilton and Howard and single digit scores from Lockett and all my defenses.

TO those who remain, best of luck.  I'm going to try and track this for the rest of the contest, but I liked my chances.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Titans_fan said:

Injuries finally caught up with me.  Couldn't survive a week with zeroes from Mixon, Carson, Scott, Campbell, Edwards, Hilton and Howard and single digit scores from Lockett and all my defenses.

TO those who remain, best of luck.  I'm going to try and track this for the rest of the contest, but I liked my chances.

Sorry to see you missing the cut.  You were one of the stronger teams left, averaging over 178.  Congrats on making it as far as you did.  See you in the playoff contest!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...