What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Subscriber Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

Cut is 145.40 with only NE/NYJ remaining

QB - Newton (111 - 10.03%), Darnold (25 - 2.26%), Stidham (1 - 0.09%)
Darnold is not officially out, but Rotoworld says Flacco will start.  I am sure a few teams will use Cam's full score.

RB - Gore (80 - 7.23%), White (59 - 5.33%), Harris (45 - 4.07%), Michel (27 - 2.44%), Burkhead (19 - 1.72%)
Gore tied for 17th in rushes, but sits at RB53.  Will Michel be activated and eat into Harris's workload?  White/Burkhead are TD dependent.

WR - Crowder (62 - 5.60%), Harry (29 - 2.62%), Edelman (17 - 1.54%), Perriman (12 - 1.08%), Mims (8 - 0.72%), Meyers (3 - 0.27%)
Rotoworld says all 3 Jets WR's will be playing; same can't be said for the Pats.

TE - Herndon (282 - 25.47%), Asiasi (28 - 2.53%)
Herndon is the most common contest TE.  Any decent score and he easily becomes the biggest line mover.  Asiasi was placed on IR.

K - Rohrwasser (3 - 0.27%)
If Nick Folk sits, Rohrwasser will see his first action of the season.  Of the 3 who do own him, 2 have Boswell (10.20), and 1 has Gostkowski (7.00).

D - NE (52 - 4.70%), NYJ (15 - 1.36%)
Pats are middle of the pack, but the Jets are the rarest D.

@4th&inches - done at 181.3 - When your WR4 scores 17, you advance
@stuckinthemuck - 171 with Herndon in reserve
@gobrowns33 - 169.2 with Darnold, Gore, Crowder, and Herndon left
@Synthesizer - done at 166.95 - Lock was only active QB, and he came through
@cstruk - done at 159.6 - was fun watching him make up ground tonight with Brees
@Raging weasel - 153.9 with Perriman counting after 6.8 (and Darnold)
@Kujjie - done at 145.6 - 12 teams have to leapfrog him, which should happen fairly soon
@bcnfinance - done at 145.4 - currently sitting on the cut line.  Has there ever been a game where the line went down?
@Titans_fan - done at 140.4 - no great game from anyone
@Go DC Yourself - 136.4 with Herndon counting after 5.8
@Galileo - 131.3 with only Herndon counting after 10.4.  He will start moving the line pretty fast, and need a MONSTER game to overcome the deficit.

Looks like this week was brutal.

Third week in a row that I will need a miracle to advance.  This one is the tallest of orders though since I will need 31+ from Damian Harris -0 and Chris Herndon -6.8.  Come on Bill, give Harris a night like Jonas Gray in November of 2014!

@4th&inches - done at 181.3 - When your WR4 scores 17, you advance
@stuckinthemuck - 171 with Herndon in reserve
@gobrowns33 - 169.2 with Darnold, Gore, Crowder, and Herndon left
@Synthesizer - done at 166.95 - Lock was only active QB, and he came through
@cstruk - done at 159.6 - was fun watching him make up ground tonight with Brees
@Raging weasel - 153.9 with Perriman counting after 6.8 (and Darnold)
@Kujjie - done at 145.6 - 12 teams have to leapfrog him, which should happen fairly soon
@bcnfinance - done at 145.4 - currently sitting on the cut line.  Has there ever been a game where the line went down?
@Titans_fan - done at 140.4 - no great game from anyone
@Go DC Yourself - 136.4 with Herndon counting after 5.8
@Galileo - 131.3 with only Herndon counting after 10.4.  He will start moving the line pretty fast, and need a MONSTER game to overcome the deficit.

Looks like this week was brutal.
I think that I have the Brees/Brady TD race to thank for moving on as it looked like New Orleans was going to play their backups but they decided to put Brees back in for one more TD.

The NY Giants are starting to get points for my team which is what I was hoping for. Best of luck to those of you counting on Herndon or summoning the spirit of Jonas Gray tonight. 

168.  I should be good for another week. Lost Kittle last week. Lamb on bye this week.  Slowly fading.  

Cohen, Hardman, Lamb, Kittle, Doyle all out next week  anyone else surviving with dead money? 

only hope is many have Chiefs next week   

Calcomatic has a scoring glitch with Mike Williams registering zero (at least the last two weeks, didn’t look at it before that), but still advancing at 160.5.

Luck of the Irish in play.  My strategy of prioritizing initials (DK, AJ, DJ, TJ, and now signs of life from JK) clearly looks like an act of genius.   I was so kicking myself earlier in the year for not working CeeDee into that mix, but that has worked out nicely as well.

Calcomatic has a scoring glitch with Mike Williams registering zero (at least the last two weeks, didn’t look at it before that), but still advancing at 160.5.

Luck of the Irish in play.  My strategy of prioritizing initials (DK, AJ, DJ, TJ, and now signs of life from JK) clearly looks like an act of genius.   I was so kicking myself earlier in the year for not working CeeDee into that mix, but that has worked out nicely as well.
Every single person who selected both Justice Hill and Mike Williams is still alive

168.  I should be good for another week. Lost Kittle last week. Lamb on bye this week.  Slowly fading.  

Cohen, Hardman, Lamb, Kittle, Doyle all out next week  anyone else surviving with dead money? 

only hope is many have Chiefs next week
Dude, you were so close to being a Joe's extra contest member.   :cry:

Third week in a row that I will need a miracle to advance.  This one is the tallest of orders though since I will need 31+ from Damian Harris -0 and Chris Herndon -6.8.  Come on Bill, give Harris a night like Jonas Gray in November of 2014!
Week 3 version of Rex Burkhead will suffice too

Ghost entry continues to taunt me by staying above the cut line since the Week 5 disaster.

164.15 + (Gore - 11.70/11.80) + (Herndon - 11.70/13.30)

Good luck to those sweating The Turk for real!

-QG

I do think somewhere buried in the thread is the link to a fake myfantasyleague with all the contest scores but I don't use that :)

-QG

Good luck to all of those still alive, I enjoyed the ride and will check the thread earlier in the season next year in case JB adds a special prize again!

And then there were six.  A round of applause for the following:
@4th&inches - 181.30 - Only 4 WR's scored points, but they totaled 95.5.  2 cheapest RB's used.  Akers & Edwards still the only benchwarmers.
@Raging weasel - 174.20 - Perriman scored 27.10 points last night.  We lost 4 teams by a combined 17.2 points.  Ever think of sharing?
@stuckinthemuck - 171.00 - Blown away team is still alive.  67 unused bucks from 7 out of 26 spots.  Only survivor with Danny Dimes & Saquon.
@gobrowns33 - 169.20 - Remaining 7 byes this week.  Only team left with a Jet player at QB, RB, WR, and TE.  Your name doesn't match your roster.
@Synthesizer - 166.95 - Looking good everywhere except WR heading into week 10 with 2 active WR's (have to assume Unicorn is out).
@cstruk - 159.60 - Our smallest remaining roster has come up big.  Honestly just rooting for this team to continue seeing the avatar.  Schwing!

As I said, this was a brutal week.  We lost almost half, and a few were under a single point:
@Kujjie - 145.6 - Lasted 9 weeks with only 3 RB's.  Only 1 WR with a solid score, along with 2 low flex spots.
@bcnfinance - 145.4 - A few close calls in weeks 4 & 5.  Too bad it was Metcalf's week instead of Lockett's.
@Titans_fan - 140.4 - Mixon, CEH, and Carson, and only 1 stayed upright.  Not much out of the Rivers/Hilton/Campbell trio.
@Go DC Yourself - 136.4 - 4 players $20 and over, and a mere 12 points combined this week.  Ertz hertz.
@Galileo - 131.3 - $9 RB outscores $92 WR corps = not good.  Double digits look nice, but 10 for a high priced RB doesn't cut it.

We finally have our first batch of extinct players.  The fat lady has started singing for:

QB Marcus Mariota
QB Jarrett Stidham
RB KeShawn Vaughn
WR Mohamed Sanu
TE Jeremy Sprinkle

I love doing contest fun facts...

- Saquon Barkley survived this week at a higher rate than Alvin Kamara, Aaron Jones, Todd Gurley, and D'Andre Swift.  Why did I choose these 4 RB's?  Because they all scored in double digits.

- Let's check to see how each of the most common at their position are doing:
  - QB Big Ben - 2377 owners to start - tied for 17th most expensive, currently QB18
  - RB Gibson - 4764 owners to start - tied for 50th most expensive, currently RB15
  - WR Edwards - 2669 owners to start - tied for 94th most expensive, currently WR140
  - TE Herndon - 2499 owners to start - tied for 23rd most expensive, currently TE50
  - K Gostkowski - 2395 owners to start - tied for 27th most expensive, currently K24
  - D Colts - 1910 owners to start - tied for 15th most expensive, currently D2
Looks like home runs were hit at RB & D, singles for QB & K, and strikeouts for WR & TE

- Did this guy choose wisely?  https://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2020/105087.php
Averaging 188 with the top scoring QB, RB, and WR, the #4 & #9 TE, the top 2 K's, and the #2 D

Hopefully many have Chiefs and Cowboys on BYE this week because I have a ton injuries/dead cap. 

could we see a low cut week with many on bye and injuries piling?

Gottabesweet said:
Hopefully many have Chiefs and Cowboys on BYE this week because I have a ton injuries/dead cap. 

I sort of feel like the Cowboys 🤠 have already been on a bye the last 3 weeks. 

Gottabesweet said:

I just looked at some of the teams that have Kelce and I don’t see a path for many of them.

And then there were six.  A round of applause for the following:
@4th&inches - 181.30 - Only 4 WR's scored points, but they totaled 95.5.  2 cheapest RB's used.  Akers & Edwards still the only benchwarmers.
@Raging weasel - 174.20 - Perriman scored 27.10 points last night.  We lost 4 teams by a combined 17.2 points.  Ever think of sharing?
@stuckinthemuck - 171.00 - Blown away team is still alive.  67 unused bucks from 7 out of 26 spots.  Only survivor with Danny Dimes & Saquon.
@gobrowns33 - 169.20 - Remaining 7 byes this week.  Only team left with a Jet player at QB, RB, WR, and TE.  Your name doesn't match your roster.
@Synthesizer - 166.95 - Looking good everywhere except WR heading into week 10 with 2 active WR's (have to assume Unicorn is out).
@cstruk - 159.60 - Our smallest remaining roster has come up big.  Honestly just rooting for this team to continue seeing the avatar.  Schwing!

As I said, this was a brutal week.  We lost almost half, and a few were under a single point:
@Kujjie - 145.6 - Lasted 9 weeks with only 3 RB's.  Only 1 WR with a solid score, along with 2 low flex spots.
@bcnfinance - 145.4 - A few close calls in weeks 4 & 5.  Too bad it was Metcalf's week instead of Lockett's.
@Titans_fan - 140.4 - Mixon, CEH, and Carson, and only 1 stayed upright.  Not much out of the Rivers/Hilton/Campbell trio.
@Go DC Yourself - 136.4 - 4 players $20 and over, and a mere 12 points combined this week.  Ertz hertz.
@Galileo - 131.3 - $9 RB outscores $92 WR corps = not good.  Double digits look nice, but 10 for a high priced RB doesn't cut it.
Good luck yall...and any others in this thread that are still alive with their OG entry

Week 9 was the crash and burn for me. My top 3 paid players $63 combined for 5.8points and with Boyd on bye I just couldn't overcome it. Was really hoping PIT defense would feast on the DAL OL/QB situation but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Still happy with the 4QB strategy this season overall though as I still got 34+ points from my QB in week9.

Good luck to everyone that posts in the thread, it's one of the most interesting threads every year! For the first time since I was a teenager I wasn't in a traditional FF leagues this season so the FBG contest is the end of the road for my season. 

Scores from Thursday Night's game, along with ownership numbers

QB - Rivers (96 - 21.40), Tannehill (54 - 14.25)
RB - Taylor (133 - 4.70), Henry (111 - 11.40), Hines (30 - 26.00), Mack (16 - 0.00), Evans (4 - 0.00)
WR - Brown (97 - 3.10), Campbell (79 - 0.00), Davis (22 - 11.70), Hilton (21 - 8.00), Pittman (15 - 19.20), Pascal (9 - 7.30), Humphries (2 - 0.00)
TE - Smith (137 - 10.50), Doyle (47 - 0.00)
K - Gostkowski (190 - 7.00)
D - IND (203 - 7.00), TEN (173 - 1.00)

Not many people helped by that game despite the fairly high score. Of course, if I was one of the few Hines or Pittman owners (which I’m not), I’m ecstatic.

Contest fun fact

There were 42 QB's, 82 RB's, 101 WR's, 44 TE's, 32 K's, and 32 D's offered.  Of the 333 available, only 1 has had a higher survival rate every week versus the overall average.  Care to guess?

This team would still be alive...

QB - Joe Burrow - $11
QB - Justin Herbert - $4
RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire - $27
RB - Jonathan Taylor - $21
RB - DAndre Swift - $18
RB - J.K. Dobbins - $16
RB - Zack Moss -$10
RB - Antonio Gibson - $9
RB - Joshua Kelley - $8
WR - Jerry Jeudy - $12
WR - CeeDee Lamb - $12
WR - Henry Ruggs - $11
WR - Brandon Aiyuk - $9
WR - Justin Jefferson - $9
WR - Tee Higgins - $5
WR - Laviska Sheault - $5
WR - Chase Claypool - $4
WR - K.J. Hamler - $4
TE - Jordan Akins - $3
TE - Cole Kmet - $3
PK - Sam Sloman - $2
TD - Indianapolis Colts - $3
TD - Tennessee Titans - $3

23 rosters spots = $209

Can you spot the odd man out?

Contest fun fact

There were 42 QB's, 82 RB's, 101 WR's, 44 TE's, 32 K's, and 32 D's offered.  Of the 333 available, only 1 has had a higher survival rate every week versus the overall average.  Care to guess?
Hmmm....we're talking every week.  Kyler's been excellent but he's had his bye.  I'll make my official guess Diggs.

-QG

This team would still be alive...

QB - Joe Burrow - $11
QB - Justin Herbert - $4
RB - Clyde Edwards-Helaire - $27
RB - Jonathan Taylor - $21
RB - DAndre Swift - $18
RB - J.K. Dobbins - $16
RB - Zack Moss -$10
RB - Antonio Gibson - $9
RB - Joshua Kelley - $8
WR - Jerry Jeudy - $12
WR - CeeDee Lamb - $12
WR - Henry Ruggs - $11
WR - Brandon Aiyuk - $9
WR - Justin Jefferson - $9
WR - Tee Higgins - $5
WR - Laviska Sheault - $5
WR - Chase Claypool - $4
WR - K.J. Hamler - $4
TE - Jordan Akins - $3
TE - Cole Kmet - $3
PK - Sam Sloman - $2
TD - Indianapolis Colts - $3
TD - Tennessee Titans - $3

23 rosters spots = $209

Can you spot the odd man out?
Jordan Akins

Hmmm....we're talking every week.  Kyler's been excellent but he's had his bye.  I'll make my official guess Diggs.

-QG
Helluva guess, as he is the only non-QB to score in double digits every single week.  He was below the average in weeks 3 & 7, even though he scored 14.9 & 10.8.

Users who are viewing this thread