What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Subscriber Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

Still sifted through what was what with my team given that I only missed 1 cut...

Rounding up the suspects that made the least difference (up to and including the 6 ghost weeks).

Burrow $11 and Possibly Fitz $4.  

I wouldn't change a thing - though Murray swamped these guys out Burrow was on every iteration of my team and certainly played enough.  Fitz is a little more the practical reality that alternate reality week 5 saves would include the 4 points he beat Murray by.  At peace here.

Moss $10 Thompson $5 Gore $3.  Much like Adam Gase I permanently had Gore in my line up - my reason was Gase is a bonehead.  No 2nd guessing that assessment.  Moss was one of those FBG/other analyst hype plays.  He got hurt and that happens.  I think I do it again (and heck look at the expensive guys that got hurt).  Thompson.  He was a mistake.  I added him later because I felt better going 6 backs instead of 5.  However Like Gore he was a guy in a bad spot thag was uncertain.  Unlike Gore I didn't have any sense on the coaching battle.  His $5 I would take back.

Shepherd 11 Lazard 5 Edwards 3.  Lazard was great value til he got hurt - bad luck though he was also was part of my over-investment in bye week 5.  Shepherd was also bad injury luck and has been contributing to the chost team - he is however guy I most likely would have jettisoned for say a Brandon Cooks with the useless Edwards money - so that might be the woulda coulda shoulda.

Herndon $7 and Eifert $6.  This was a case where I read the Jets wrong - there was a done of buzz on Herndon and he just...disappeared.  A combo of Akins and Jonnu Smith was one I had (to go with Fant and Waller) so that is a woulda coulda shoulda as well.  

But all in all I cannot kill myself too much - maybe just shoulda been a tiny bit better balancing byes and not overloading on players on known bad teams but I don't think I was too far off overall.

Kickers and Defenses were cheap and mostly unspectacular (especially the defenses but that is a different brand of voodoo).

Anyway good luck to those still in it :)

-QG

Still sifted through what was what with my team given that I only missed 1 cut...

Rounding up the suspects that made the least difference (up to and including the 6 ghost weeks).

Burrow $11 and Possibly Fitz $4.  

I wouldn't change a thing - though Murray swamped these guys out Burrow was on every iteration of my team and certainly played enough.  Fitz is a little more the practical reality that alternate reality week 5 saves would include the 4 points he beat Murray by.  At peace here.

Moss $10 Thompson $5 Gore $3.  Much like Adam Gase I permanently had Gore in my line up - my reason was Gase is a bonehead.  No 2nd guessing that assessment.  Moss was one of those FBG/other analyst hype plays.  He got hurt and that happens.  I think I do it again (and heck look at the expensive guys that got hurt).  Thompson.  He was a mistake.  I added him later because I felt better going 6 backs instead of 5.  However Like Gore he was a guy in a bad spot thag was uncertain.  Unlike Gore I didn't have any sense on the coaching battle.  His $5 I would take back.

Shepherd 11 Lazard 5 Edwards 3.  Lazard was great value til he got hurt - bad luck though he was also was part of my over-investment in bye week 5.  Shepherd was also bad injury luck and has been contributing to the chost team - he is however guy I most likely would have jettisoned for say a Brandon Cooks with the useless Edwards money - so that might be the woulda coulda shoulda.

Herndon $7 and Eifert $6.  This was a case where I read the Jets wrong - there was a done of buzz on Herndon and he just...disappeared.  A combo of Akins and Jonnu Smith was one I had (to go with Fant and Waller) so that is a woulda coulda shoulda as well.  

But all in all I cannot kill myself too much - maybe just shoulda been a tiny bit better balancing byes and not overloading on players on known bad teams but I don't think I was too far off overall.

Kickers and Defenses were cheap and mostly unspectacular (especially the defenses but that is a different brand of voodoo).

-QG
I love write-ups like these.  I also rostered Gore, and I think it was a mistake.  Sure, he was only $3.  Sure, he outscored all other $3 RB's by a mile.  And sure, I would've used him in week 6 if I hadn't died in week 4.  But the plain truth was staring us in the face from the start - he is 1000 years old on the worst coached team in history with no passing game.  That adds up to exactly what you are getting - 12 carries for 43 yards 

Ownership numbers for the finals - RB edition

Gibson - 188
Moss - 109
Edwards-Helaire - 94
Jacobs - 83
Thompson (Chris) - 67
Conner - 60
Taylor - 46
Henry - 45
Edmonds - 42
Hunt - 40
Snell - 32
Dobbins - 31
Carson - 30
Lindsay - 29
Johnson (David) - 26
McKinnon - 25
Gore & Scott - 22
Brown & Mostert - 19
Jones (Aaron) - 18
Kamara - 17
Akers - 16
Cook - 14
Kelley - 13
Hines - 12
Cohen, Jones (Ronald), Mixon, & Thompson (Darwin) - 11
Chubb, Elliott, & Gurley - 10
Mattison & White - 9
Dillon, Ekeler, Harris, & McCaffrey - 8
Ingram, Mack, Murray, Singletary, & Swift - 7
Barkley, Burkhead, Drake, & Michel - 5
Gordon, McFarland, Peterson, & Samuels - 4
Armstead, Bernard, Evans, Hyde, Jackson, McCoy, & Ogunbowale - 3
Bell, Bowden, Coleman, Lewis, Pollard, Sanders, & Smith - 2
Fournette, Guice, Henderson, Howard, Johnson (Kerryon), Montgomery, Richard, & Williams - 1
Bonnafon, Breida, Freeman, Hill, Johnson (Duke), Penny, Vaughn, & Washington - 0

# of teams with 2 RB's - 1
# of teams with 3 RB's - 3
# of teams with 4 RB's - 54
# of teams with 5 RB's - 82
# of teams with 6 RB's - 77
# of teams with 7 RB's - 24
# of teams with 8 RB's - 9
# of teams with 9 RB's - 2
Fun fact - Survival rates are better for 2 RB's vs 3, 4 RB's vs 5, 6 RB's vs 7, and 8 RB's vs 9

Least spent - $45 (Dobbins, Moss, Gibson, McKinnon, and Chris Thompson)
Most spent - $118 (Henry, Edwards-Helaire, Chubb, Moss, Hines, Edmonds, and Harris)

Ownership numbers for the finals - WR edition

Edwards - 94
Thielen - 74
Lamb - 63
Chark - 58
Boyd - 54
Fuller - 53
McLaurin, Metcalf, & Shenault - 47
Jeudy - 39
Lockett & Sanders - 38
Claypool & Johnson - 36
Brown (Marquise) & Valdes-Scantling - 34
Cooks & Williams (Preston) - 31
Allen & Ridley - 29
Woods - 27
Campbell - 26
Kupp & Lazard - 23
Cobb & Shepard - 22
Brown (AJ) & Kirk - 21
Fitzgerald, Hardman, & Jackson - 20
Jones (Marvin) - 18
Diggs & Moore - 17
Smith-Schuster - 16
Adams, Crowder, Gallup, Hill, & Jefferson - 15
Renfrow & Ruggs - 14
Aiyuk, Beasley, & Godwin - 12
Bourne, Miller, Samuel (Curtis), & Sims - 10
Davis, Evans, & Robinson (Allen) - 9
Hopkins, Landry, Parker, Reagor, & Smith - 8
Anderson, Golladay, Hilton, Jeffery, Slayton, & Watkins - 7
Boykin, Pascal, Robinson (Demarcus), & Samuel (Deebo) - 6
Arcega-Whiteside, Cooper, Higgins, & Pittman - 5
Gage, Harry, Jones (Julio), Reynolds, Ross, & Washington - 4
Beckham, Brown (John), Conley, Edelman, Green, Mims, Perriman, Snead, Stills, Tate, & Westbrook - 3
Amendola & Brown (Antonio) - 2
Hurd, Isabella, Meyers, Sutton, Williams (Mike), & Williams (Tyrell) - 1
Gandy-Golden, Hamler, Humphries, Sanu, & Thomas - 0

# of teams with 3 WR's - 2
# of teams with 4 WR's - 10
# of teams with 5 WR's - 51
# of teams with 6 WR's - 87
# of teams with 7 WR's - 48
# of teams with 8 WR's - 32
# of teams with 9 WR's - 16
# of teams with 10 WR's - 3
# of teams with 11 WR's - 1
# of teams with 12 WR's - 2
Fun fact - No live teams own any extinct WR's, hmmm?

Least spent - $52 (Metcalf, Boyd, Jackson, Edwards, Bourne, Pascal)
Most spent - $130 (Godwin, Thielen, Woods, Metcalf, Brown (Marquise), Miller, Campbell, Washington, Ross)

Wow, not only did I make it but I came in 13th this week, with my highest score so far this year. 

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2020/101525.php

Move aside everyone, my entry is rising to the top thanks to big-time studs like Mark Ingram, Boston Scott, Deebo Samuel, Sammy Watkins, and Evan Engram! 😄
I like your trio of TE's actually.  They just need to pull together and have 3 strong weeks.  I am surprised you have only 2 flex scores from them.  Best of luck to you!

Made it to the final!!!

Just missed Joe's offer on here at the beginning of the season but I would have had a different team anyways.  But really cool move to throw that offer out there for the loyal SP members.

https://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2020/101239.php

No shot at this but maybe I can sneak into the money.  Good luck to those still in it!
Even if you don't sneak into the money, you can always tell your grandkids you once scored 95.80 with just a QB and a WR!  Now go kick some ###!

In the spirit of @QuizGuy66 here is what I would have done differently knowing what I know now.

QB - Philip Rivers at $8 was a waste except for 1 week.  I thought he was the missing piece combined with a solid O-Line and strong running game that would create softer defenses.  What I didn't think was that Rivers was mostly finished.  I feel like my thought process was correct but the production didn't follow.  More on the Colts to come...

QB2 - Roethlisberger at $11 was good value but I was surprised to see he didn't count for me once.  Still like the value, but Russell Wilson was just ridiculous early.

RB - The only change I might have made here was moving off Benny Snell.  I started with 4 solid starters (Mixon, Carson, CEH, Gibson) and three high-value backups (Scott, Snell, Moss) and just got ravaged by injuries.  Not sure who would have replaced Snell.

WR - I shouldn't have taken both Hilton and Parris Campbell.  I wanted to pair up all my QBs with one of their receiving weapons and somehow ended up with 2 Colts.  That was just an oversight on my part.  I probably would have kept Campbell and swapped Hilton but would have to see the options at $17 to see who that might have been.

WR2 - Bryan Edwards, oof.  I would like to know what would have happened had he not gotten injured.  Still like the value and probably wouldn't have dropped him but that was a big swing and a miss.  The only "player" other than Big Ben that never counted for me.

TE - No changes here.  Loved the value on all 3.  Howard's injury sucked but it is what it is.

K - I try to get Denver's kicker every year and a guy in a dome on a suspect offense.  Wouldn't have changed anything here either.

DST - Indy (what was my deal with the Colts?) was a nice surprise.  Atlanta was a disaster and never counted for me.  Arizona was "meh" but whatever.  Cheap defenses each and probably stick with them given a second chance.

My Week 10 exit sucked as I would have survived to the final 250 but I just couldn't overcome $76 worth of injuries at my RB position.  Made the final 250 last year and will look to do it again next year.  Good luck to those remaining!

Looks like I was only eliminated once. Missed the cut in week 8 by 2.55 points, but beat the cutline in the other 10 weeks. "Peaking at the right time" (though it's moot) with weeks 10 & 11 as my highest scoring weeks since before the byes, clearing the cut by 20+ each time. Here's how my players did across all 11 weeks:

Pos    Player    Starts    Starter Points
QB    Kirk Cousins    5    145.9
QB    Philip Rivers    2    66.35
QB    Derek Carr    4    123.5
RB    Derrick Henry    8    161.3
RB    Josh Jacobs    8    139.7
RB    Antonio Gibson    8    122.8
RB    Benny Snell    1    8.6
RB    Frank Gore    2    23.1
WR    Michael Thomas    3    34.2
WR    Julian Edelman    1    25.9
WR    Deebo Samuel    3    34.4
WR    Parris Campbell    1    14
WR    Corey Davis    7    111.9
WR    Laviska Shenault    5    58.5
WR    TreQuan Smith    6    70.3
WR    Marquez Valdes-Scantling    6    81.8
WR    Bryan Edwards    0    0
TE    Zach Ertz    2    26.8
TE    Darren Waller    9    167.9
TE    Irv Smith    4    43
TE    Jordan Akins    3    40.9
PK    Chris Boswell    6    58.1
PK    Dustin Hopkins    3    28.3
PK    Stephen Gostkowski    2    40
PK    Sam Sloman    0    0
DT    Tennessee Titans    3    28
DT    Atlanta Falcons    1    5
DT    Jacksonville Jaguars    2    16
DT    Detroit Lions    1    4
DT    Arizona Cardinals    3    27

28/30 players and 245/250 dollars at least cracked my lineup once across 11 weeks (everyone but WR Bryan Edwards & PK Sam Sloman). Best for the bucks were WR MVS, PK Gostkowski, WR Corey Davis, WR TreQuan Smith, QB Carr, and RB Gibson. My $6 and under WRs really came through. Let down by a lot of my higher priced guys, especially Michael Thomas, Ertz, and Edelman. My cheap QBs worked beautifully (30.8 ppg for just $23), but my throw-numbers-at-it defenses did not (just 7.8 ppg with 5 for $11).

I think my strategy wasn't bad, but it's hard when the players don't pan out - this squad looks a lot better if you swap in Davante Adams or Keenan Allen for MT, or if I didn't have so many missed games among my top 4 WRs.

I'll have to look into whether the struggling defenses is due to DST scoring being down across the league (making it not worth it to invest this much into the position) or if it's more about the particular ones I roostered.

2nd time here in about 15 years of playing.  About a decade ago I won $50!
Last thing I won here was a sweatshirt.  Joe had a limerick contest and I wrote a doozy about how I lost when Brian Westbrook took a knee at the one yard line.  That was back in 2007.

I'll have to look into whether the struggling defenses is due to DST scoring being down across the league (making it not worth it to invest this much into the position) or if it's more about the particular ones I roostered.
Great question.  Through 10 games played for all 32 teams (I removed the points for CAR and TB in week 11, because they haven't had their bye yet), there have been 1723 points scored from all 32 D's.  If you do the math, the average weekly score is currently 5.38 points.  How does this compare to the past few seasons, through 10 games each?

2019 - 6.40
2018 - 6.25
2017 - 6.43
2016 - 5.84
2015 - 6.57

So yeah, D scoring is down.

Great question.  Through 10 games played for all 32 teams (I removed the points for CAR and TB in week 11, because they haven't had their bye yet), there have been 1723 points scored from all 32 D's.  If you do the math, the average weekly score is currently 5.38 points.  How does this compare to the past few seasons, through 10 games each?

2019 - 6.40
2018 - 6.25
2017 - 6.43
2016 - 5.84
2015 - 6.57

So yeah, D scoring is down.
Good to know.

Is there an MFL league or something that has weekly scoring from every player so that I can play around with this myself? I'd like to see some variations on this (like broken down by price), and it seems like it'd be poor form for me to expect you to do that work.

Good to know.

Is there an MFL league or something that has weekly scoring from every player so that I can play around with this myself? I'd like to see some variations on this (like broken down by price), and it seems like it'd be poor form for me to expect you to do that work.
I just use the stats section of FBG.  Here is a link...https://subscribers.footballguys.com/myfbg/myviewstats.php?pos=td&yr=2020&startwk=1&stopwk=17&profile=p 

I like the stats it uses for D's, because it matches the contest scoring.  You can filter from week to week, and the stats are accurate for most positions going back to nearly 2000.  Enjoy!

• Smile
Reactions: ZWK
Oh, and I use my own excel spreadsheet for prices, ownership numbers, etc.  But here are this year's D prices:

$7 - PIT, SF
$6 - BAL
$5 - BUF, NE, CHI, NO
$4 - MIN, LAR, KC, TB, LAC, PHI, DEN
$3 - IND, TEN, SEA, DAL, GB, CLE, WAS, HOU, NYJ
$2 - ARI, DET, LV, MIA, ATL, CAR, JAX, NYG, CIN

Putting that info together, here's what I get for defensive scoring (ppg) by price this year (wk1-11):

$2: 4.48
$3: 5.23
$4: 5.76
$5: 5.93
$6: 7.50
$7: 6.70

all: 5.38
owned by me: 4.10

So it's both that scoring is down and I picked badly. Worse than choosing randomly among the $2 defenses.

Will be nothing like my final team, but this was my 30 second attempt to at least have something in there. 

QB - Tom Brady - TB/13 - $15
QB - Drew Brees - NO/6 - $15
QB - Nick Foles - CHI/11 - $5
RB - Josh Jacobs - LV/6 - $26
RB - David Montgomery - CHI/11 - $19
RB - Tony Pollard - DAL/10 - $10
RB - Chase Edmonds - ARI/8 - $8
RB - Adrian Peterson - WAS/8 - $8
RB - Ito Smith - ATL/10 - $7
RB - Darwin Thompson - KC/10 - $3
WR - Amari Cooper - DAL/10 - $23
WR - Robert Woods - LAR/9 - $20
WR - D.J. Chark - JAX/7 - $17
WR - A.J. Green - CIN/9 - $16
TE - T.J. Hockenson - DET/5 - $14
TE - Dallas Goedert - PHI/9 - $11
TE - Jonnu Smith - TEN/7 - $9
TE - Eric Ebron - PIT/8 - $8
PK - Chris Boswell - PIT/8 - $3
PK - Chandler Catanzaro - NYJ/11 - $2
PK - Greg Joseph - TEN/7 - $2
TD - Minnesota Vikings - MIN/7 - $4
TD - Indianapolis Colts - IND/7 - $3
TD - New York Giants - NYG/11 - $2
Just for fun, I went back to the first roster posted in this thread.  Would it still be alive?  Believe it or not, it would've made it all the way to week 11, then missed the final cut by only .65

Putting that info together, here's what I get for defensive scoring (ppg) by price this year (wk1-11):

$2: 4.48
$3: 5.23
$4: 5.76
$5: 5.93
$6: 7.50
$7: 6.70

all: 5.38
owned by me: 4.10

So it's both that scoring is down and I picked badly. Worse than choosing randomly among the $2 defenses.
Let me start by saying I have the worst luck in the world.  I am like Eugene Proctor in the movie Pure Luck.  Even so, I have done too much research on D's for this contest over the years.  I know I posted my findings in last year's thread, but I will say this - the numbers are overwhelmingly in favor of multiple cheap D's versus the top priced options.  And it's not even close.  This year is no different.  This year is a great example to use, because PIT is the top D at the moment, and also the highest price.  So, are they worth the $7?  No, but there is one condition in which I would consider rostering a top D - if my roster ended up being 30 spots.  Oh, and let's not forget that SF was also $7, and they are currently tied for 24th place.

Ownership numbers for the finals - TE edition

Ebron - 72
Herndon - 57
Waller - 56
Smith (Jonnu) - 49
Gesicki - 35
Jarwin - 34
Hockenson - 32
Fant - 30
Hurst - 25
Kelce - 24
Goedert - 23
Howard - 20
Gronkowski - 17
Andrews - 15
Doyle & Olsen - 14
Eifert & Smith (Irv) - 13
Henry - 11
Graham - 10
Asiasi - 9
Engram, Kittle, Knox, Njoku, & Rudolph - 8
Dissly & Higbee - 7
Cook, Everett, Fells, & Kmet - 6
Akins & Uzomah - 5
Boyle, Sternberger, & Thomas - 4
Ertz, Reed, & Smith (Kaden) - 3
McDonald - 2
Brate - 1
Sprinkle - 0

# of teams with 1 TE - 4
# of teams with 2 TE's - 93
# of teams with 3 TE's - 121
# of teams with 4 TE's - 29
# of teams with 5 TE's - 4
# of teams with 6 TE's - 1
Fun fact - Travis Kelce is in a league by himself.  The next closest TE is Darren Waller, who would still be in 2nd place with 9 additional TD's!

Least spent - $8 (Ebron)
Most spent - $65 (Kelce, Andrews, Herndon, Knox)

Ownership numbers for the finals - D edition

IND - 67
TEN- 60
SEA - 41
DAL - 37
TB - 32
BUF - 30
KC & LAR - 27
ARI - 26
BAL - 25
MIN - 23
PIT - 22
GB - 19
MIA - 18
CHI - 15
CLE, JAX, & LAC - 14
DET - 12
ATL & NO - 10
CAR, DEN, LV, NYG, & SF - 9
NE - 8
HOU, NYJ, PHI, & WAS - 5
CIN - 4

# of teams with 1 D - 11
# of teams with 2 D's - 135
# of teams with 3 D's - 92
# of teams with 4 D's - 11
# of teams with 5 D's - 2
# of teams with 6 D's - 0
# of teams with 7 D's - 0
# of teams with 8 D's - 0
# of teams with 9 D's - 1

-QG
Same boat sir.....
https://subscribers.footballguys.com/contest/2020/108300.php

Only missed 1 cut & would've made it to the final if not for Covid Byes where 50% of my 27 player team was on a "bye"/injured.
Made the cut every single week since including Week 11 -- Damnit 

I put together a list of the cuts from week 6 on

Week 06 -- 2201. Entry 104431 121.15

Week 07 -- 1501. Truth Hurts 140.55

Week 08 -- 1100. springman 125.25

Week 09 -- 751. Entry 109686 146.25

Week 10 -- 501. historyguy71 130.95

Week 11 -- 250. Entry 107442 158.00

I knew my team was good but I would've never kept it knowing 50% of my roster would be out week 5 -- We put our teams together based on the byes & when surprise byes come along, you simply cannot prepare for it nor is it fair. 

If I could change one thing it would be replacing Courtland Sutton ($18)

Best of luck to those still in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghost Team After 1pm games:

176.85 + (CEH/A JONES - 10.10/10.80/13.80/34.10) + (LAZARD/TREQUAN - 10.80/13.80/19.40/19.80) + (FANT - 10.80/12.10) + (GB - 20)

-QG

My ghost team after the 4pm games is sitting at 328.80:

QB - Mahomes - 43.90
RB1 - Henry - 37.50
RB2 - Gibson - 34.10
WR1 - Hill - 57.90
WR2 - Fuller - 35.10
TE - Engram - 21.90
Flex1 - Landry - 28.30
Flex2 - Jefferson - 26.00
K - Koo - 23.10
D - ATL - 21.00

My ghost team after the 4pm games is sitting at 328.80:

QB - Mahomes - 43.90
RB1 - Henry - 37.50
RB2 - Gibson - 34.10
WR1 - Hill - 57.90
WR2 - Fuller - 35.10
TE - Engram - 21.90
Flex1 - Landry - 28.30
Flex2 - Jefferson - 26.00
K - Koo - 23.10
D - ATL - 21.00
:eek:

-QG

So who hits the jackpot next week with double scores from Pittsburgh and Baltimore players? Wednesday game counts as week 13 as will their Sunday/Monday games. Could be big for someone with Ben and another decent QB: get the other guy's score this week and 2 game scores for Ben next week.

So who hits the jackpot next week with double scores from Pittsburgh and Baltimore players? Wednesday game counts as week 13 as will their Sunday/Monday games. Could be big for someone with Ben and another decent QB: get the other guy's score this week and 2 game scores for Ben next week.
Cut & pasted from the contest rules...

Week 13: all games whose kickoff occurs between December 2, 2020 and December 8, 2020 (inclusive)

It is unlikely but possible that a player might play more than one game in a given Week. ALL stats accrued by a player during a given week will count toward his score for that Week.

So yeah, gonna be a monster advantage for some people, depending on roster makeup.  On the flip side, some owners are gonna get screwed.  All in all though, I am amazed the NFL was able to keep to such a normal schedule.

Cut & pasted from the contest rules...

Week 13: all games whose kickoff occurs between December 2, 2020 and December 8, 2020 (inclusive)

It is unlikely but possible that a player might play more than one game in a given Week. ALL stats accrued by a player during a given week will count toward his score for that Week.

So yeah, gonna be a monster advantage for some people, depending on roster makeup.  On the flip side, some owners are gonna get screwed.  All in all though, I am amazed the NFL was able to keep to such a normal schedule.
Yeah, haven't analyzed the live entries, but using my dead one for an example: I would have gotten Fitzmagic's acceptable score at QB this week and then would have two Ben scores next week.  It's not unreasonable to anticipate that he might have a combined 500-600 yards and 5 or 6 TDs in two games (with a possibility for even more), for a monster week 13 score. If only....

The rules were specified and applied correctly, imo. Plus at this point it doesn't matter which of the three weeks that your player scores for you.

Thanks.

Wow. I did great this week!  Oops I was looking at the report upside down.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Folks. Thanks for understanding and rolling with us here. We were worried about something weird happening during the season so were hyper clear on the rules. I know it's odd but we felt we had no choice but to stick exactly to the rules. 

2020. Dang. 

The rules were specified and applied correctly, imo. Plus at this point it doesn't matter which of the three weeks that your player scores for you.

Thanks.

Wow. I did great this week!  Oops I was looking at the report upside down.  
Actually it does - Let's say a team has Roethlisberger and Mahomes.

Roethlisberger gets 25 points tomorrow and then 30 points on Monday.

Mahomes got 43.90 this week and for fun let's say he gets 30 on Sunday.

Well now the team will get 43.90 + (25+30) = 98.90 points at QB over the 2-weeks.

If Roethlisberger games were counted separately the entry would get 43.90+30 = 73.90.

But the rules are 10000% clear (well done to Joe there) so it is what it is.  And frankly we had no idea things could play out this way and which teams it would have involved.

But it definitely does have an effect on the contest.  My ghost team would be protesting right now ;) (not really)

-QG

Hey Folks. Thanks for understanding and rolling with us here. We were worried about something weird happening during the season so were hyper clear on the rules. I know it's odd but we felt we had no choice but to stick exactly to the rules. 

2020. Dang. 
Besides it gives us more to chew on in this thread :)

It is kinda surprising that this scenario played out rather than some week where say 5 games were lost.

But again good on you Joe - bases well covered :)

-QG

I kinda picked Mahomes out of a hat for my example but it turns out this is the exact scenario for the current 1st place team.  Go figure :)

-QG

Actually it does - Let's say a team has Roethlisberger and Mahomes.

Roethlisberger gets 25 points tomorrow and then 30 points on Monday.

Mahomes got 43.90 this week and for fun let's say he gets 30 on Sunday.

Well now the team will get 43.90 + (25+30) = 98.90 points at QB over the 2-weeks.

If Roethlisberger games were counted separately the entry would get 43.90+30 = 73.90.

But the rules are 10000% clear (well done to Joe there) so it is what it is.  And frankly we had no idea things could play out this way and which teams it would have involved.

But it definitely does have an effect on the contest.  My ghost team would be protesting right now ;) (not really)

-QG
I guess that is right. I only have Boswell as far as any Ravens or Steelers.  

Time to check in on The Three Musketeers after the first week of finals:

100246 - @gobrowns33 - 143.35/186th - Had to settle for Darnold's 8.75 with Ben missing week 12.  A combined 10 points from Zeke & Jacobs was brutal.  Double digits from 3 WR's, but nothing explosive.  10 from Hurst, and looking to gain ground in week 13 with the Ben/Ebron connection.  Also getting double points from Boswell next week, as are 74 others.  Props on having the highest scoring D in week 12.

103205 - @4th&inches - 130.45/214th - Another team that could've benefited with the Ben/Ebron duo, but only 9 points each from Carr & Goff.  Are you kidding me?  Will be great to get a daily double from Conner in 13, but it's hard to dig out of the hole with 59 other Conner owners.  Not alot to be happy about here, but if you are looking for a silver lining - finally got to use Cam Akers and his $18.  Just need Bryan Edwards to step up in 13 or 14.

103462 - @Raging weasel - 186.75/52nd - Was way down in the standings at the start of the SEA/PHI game, but 51.70 points from Metcalf & Goedert catapulted him.  Welcome to the party, Mr. Akers.  One of only 7 teams hoping for great double scores from JK Dobbins and Marquise Brown, and Ebron will join in the mix.  Congrats on a good start, and here's to hoping you stay in the top 100.

Besides it gives us more to chew on in this thread :)

It is kinda surprising that this scenario played out rather than some week where say 5 games were lost.

But again good on you Joe - bases well covered :)

-QG
Thanks Buddy. Credit goes to Doug Drinen there! 

Time to check in on The Three Musketeers after the first week of finals:

100246 - @gobrowns33 - 143.35/186th - Had to settle for Darnold's 8.75 with Ben missing week 12.  A combined 10 points from Zeke & Jacobs was brutal.  Double digits from 3 WR's, but nothing explosive.  10 from Hurst, and looking to gain ground in week 13 with the Ben/Ebron connection.  Also getting double points from Boswell next week, as are 74 others.  Props on having the highest scoring D in week 12.

103205 - @4th&inches - 130.45/214th - Another team that could've benefited with the Ben/Ebron duo, but only 9 points each from Carr & Goff.  Are you kidding me?  Will be great to get a daily double from Conner in 13, but it's hard to dig out of the hole with 59 other Conner owners.  Not alot to be happy about here, but if you are looking for a silver lining - finally got to use Cam Akers and his $18.  Just need Bryan Edwards to step up in 13 or 14.

103462 - @Raging weasel - 186.75/52nd - Was way down in the standings at the start of the SEA/PHI game, but 51.70 points from Metcalf & Goedert catapulted him.  Welcome to the party, Mr. Akers.  One of only 7 teams hoping for great double scores from JK Dobbins and Marquise Brown, and Ebron will join in the mix.  Congrats on a good start, and here's to hoping you stay in the top 100.
Perfect time for my best score of the year!

I should add that it doesn't all go one way for thr Baltimore/Pittaburgh owners - they can also lose points as a result of the double week.  Take the Goff/Carr/Roethlisberger owner.

This week they got 9.

Now let's Roethlisberger gets 23 vs the Ravens and 12 vs Washington.  And then let's say Carr get 37 this week.

The player will get 9+37=46.

But if Pitt/Ravens counted in week 12 they would get 23+37=60.

So for this entry with Roethlisberger they end up losing 14 points.

Interesting :grad:

-QG

I should add that it doesn't all go one way for thr Baltimore/Pittaburgh owners - they can also lose points as a result of the double week.  Take the Goff/Carr/Roethlisberger owner.

This week they got 9.

Now let's Roethlisberger gets 23 vs the Ravens and 12 vs Washington.  And then let's say Carr get 37 this week.

The player will get 9+37=46.

But if Pitt/Ravens counted in week 12 they would get 23+37=60.

So for this entry with Roethlisberger they end up losing 14 points.

Interesting :grad:

-QG
Yeah, the entry by @4th&inches is one of those Carr/Goff/Roethlisberger teams who certainly didn't benefit this week

Users who are viewing this thread