What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Subscriber Contest is LIVE (3 Viewers)

I'm sure our GB's here are already doing that.  As JB previously posted, official results will be posted on Friday.
In year's past, someone found an error after the results were posted and brought it to the attention of the staff.  The rules state you have a narrow window to report any discrepancies.  Hopefully the calcomatic is off and you took first.

Weeks 12 & 13 were my team's best two weeks of the season (thanks to D Henry, Gibson, Waller, Corey Davis, and some others), and I am just 2.55 points short of being in second place.

Unfortunately, those 2.55 points would have to come in week 8 when I was eliminated.

At 429.5, I must have one of the strongest ghost teams around.
618.1 (201.25 + 228.25 + 188.6) for the finals which would've won the thing. Eliminated in week 8.

Sweetening the pot a little here for Shark Pool posters.

Prize payout structure is sweet:

If you post your lineup here by noon ET Wednesday, and don't change it before lock,

I'll add a $100 price to whatever you win and a lifetime Football subscription

IF you finish in the top 100.

Thanks to @SeniorVBDStudent for the clarity.

Ok, what's the final for this for the people who posted their lineups and finished in the Top 100? 

I've got:

@Raging weasel

Who else? If you're there, please post the link for where you posted the lineup. Thanks.

Y'all crushed this year. 

2nd place and less than half a point from 1st!!!  OMG!

Congrats to the 1st place winner! 

Thanks to @Joe Bryant @David Dodds and the rest of my GB's that make up the staff!
Congratulations @St. Louis Bob and everyone else that ended in the top 150. Crazy it came down to the final minutes of the Monday night game and ended with such a small gap between 1st and 2nd. My team was 106645. I was sweating this all week 😃.

Ok, what's the final for this for the people who posted their lineups and finished in the Top 100? 

I've got:

@Raging weasel

Who else? If you're there, please post the link for where you posted the lineup. Thanks.

Y'all crushed this year. 
Sure wish I saw this when it was posted. Been here a long time but unfortunately life came along and I don't get to frequent the boards much these days. Congrats to all those that cashed!! First time I have ever cashed in this contest but I enjoy it every year and picking your team is so much fun and actually helps me a ton with prep for the year. Thanks Joe and Co.!!

I've got:

@Raging weasel

Y'all crushed this year. 
Joe,

Only 3 made it to the finals, but 2 teams finished in the top 100...

@Raging weasel - team # 103462 - 20th place - 569.70 points - page 9, posted 9 Sep 7:47 am

@4th&inches - team # 103205 - 85th place - 506.50 points - page 10, posted 9 Sep, 10:51 am

@gobrowns33 - team # 100246 - 125th place - 483.45 points - page 9, posted 9 Sep, 5:19 am

Once again, thanx for the extra incentive this year.  This was my worst year, getting ousted in week 4.  Still, you made me enjoy following all the eligible teams.  Bring on the playoff contest!

Joe,

@Raging weasel - team # 103462 - 20th place - 569.70 points - page 9, posted 9 Sep 7:47 am

@4th&inches - team # 103205 - 85th place - 506.50 points - page 10, posted 9 Sep, 10:51 am

@gobrowns33 - team # 100246 - 125th place - 483.45 points - page 9, posted 9 Sep, 5:19 am

Once again, thanx for the extra incentive this year.  This was my worst year, getting ousted in week 4.  Still, you made me enjoy following all the eligible teams.  Bring on the playoff contest!
I just missed the wk 8 cut and would have finished top 20.  I'm super bummed right now!

Joe,

That's awesome. 

@Raging weasel @4th&inches @gobrowns33 - send me a PM with:

Your email address for the FBG subscription.

Your real name

Your mailing address so we can send the check

@gobrowns33 we'll throw something together for you too.

Great job, Folks. 

That's awesome. 

@Raging weasel @4th&inches @gobrowns33 - send me a PM with:

Your email address for the FBG subscription.

Your real name

Your mailing address so we can send the check

@gobrowns33 we'll throw something together for you too.

Great job, Folks. 
Thanks again for doing this Joe.

If you want to put an apple in Eden or want to improve the US GDP by 1/10tha percent next year, do this again next year with the deadline three weeks before the contest starts.   :lol:

Finished 19th and it's the first time I've ever made it to the final 250! So it's all good. Enjoy this contest so much.

Jimmy Garoppolo

Kirk Cousins

Drew Lock

Austin Ekeler

David Johnson

Zack Moss

Nyheim Hines

Antonio Gibson

Darwin Thompson

Allen Robinson

A.J. Brown

Keenan Allen

Marquise Brown

CeeDee Lamb

Allen Lazard

Chase Claypool

Bryan Edwards

Darren Waller

Jack Doyle

Daniel Carlson

Josh Lambo

Buffalo Bills

Seattle Seahawks

I also haven't received an email or seen anything in here on how we get paid. Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Steeler!  Sorry to hear yu won't be running it for future years of the contest... what's the "obviously" part though?  Am I forgetting something from earlier in this thread? I know it was a pain to scramble to point to MFL instead of the prior feed, but now that work is done is there additional lift for future seasons?

Thanks Steeler!  Sorry to hear yu won't be running it for future years of the contest... what's the "obviously" part though?  Am I forgetting something from earlier in this thread? I know it was a pain to scramble to point to MFL instead of the prior feed, but now that work is done is there additional lift for future seasons?
At the beginning of every year I have to load all the entries.  Then each week I have to do "maintenance" on the sight  to flag the teams that have been eliminated, reset the scores to zero, etc.  I'm just tired of the weekly/yearly overhead of running the contest. 

At the beginning of every year I have to load all the entries.  Then each week I have to do "maintenance" on the sight  to flag the teams that have been eliminated, reset the scores to zero, etc.  I'm just tired of the weekly/yearly overhead of running the contest. 
As much as I hate to see you say this, I understand and can only imagine how much work it is to keep up with it. Thank you for doing it though, calcomatic is one of my favorite things about fantasy football. 

Hey guys - I've enjoyed running Calcomatic for the last several years but I'm opting not to run anything for the playoff contest this year and obviously won't be running anything for future years of the contest.  I appreciate all your support over the years!
Steeler, thank you very much for making this contest the funnest thing I have ever done in FF.  I wish I was computer savvy enough to take over for you.

Is this contest not free anymore? I keep getting emails about a $35 playoff contest.   @Joe Bryant
Should be loaded very soon.  Links already have placeholders under "Contests", then "2021 Subscriber Contest - Postseason".
First link will eventually be the entry form.  The second link are the rules, and is currently last year's rules.  Dates are pretty much the only thing that will change when it gets updated.

Finished 19th and it's the first time I've ever made it to the final 250! So it's all good. Enjoy this contest so much.

Jimmy Garoppolo

Kirk Cousins

Drew Lock

Austin Ekeler

David Johnson

Zack Moss

Nyheim Hines

Antonio Gibson

Darwin Thompson

Allen Robinson

A.J. Brown

Keenan Allen

Marquise Brown

CeeDee Lamb

Allen Lazard

Chase Claypool

Bryan Edwards

Darren Waller

Jack Doyle

Daniel Carlson

Josh Lambo

Buffalo Bills

Seattle Seahawks

I also haven't received an email or seen anything in here on how we get paid. Anyone?
Yes. Every winner has been contacted by email. If you haven't seen yours, something is wrong with the email address you gave or it's in spam. Send an email to dodds@footballguys.com and let him know. 

Does anyone know if there are sites/services that offer contests/games along the lines of this subscriber contest?  Best ball format but no draft - just preset salaries. 

Since this has been bumped I'll use it as a reminder that I am not going to run Calcomatic this year.  I just don't have the time to do it any longer, but someone always seems to step up and fill the void when there is a vacancy.

Since this has been bumped I'll use it as a reminder that I am not going to run Calcomatic this year.  I just don't have the time to do it any longer, but someone always seems to step up and fill the void when there is a vacancy.
Come on Steeler, please don’t let us down…..this contest is my favorite of the year due to you contest scoring. 

I will pay you $200 000 if you run it this year.

Steeler said:
pproxy Iggy

Users who are viewing this thread