What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Does voting for Trump in 2020 make you a racist?" (1 Viewer)

Are you voting for Trump in 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • No

Votes: 72 88.9%
  • Prefer not to answer

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gianmarco

Footballguy
Pretty straight forward.

I added the second question to have an idea of how many on each side are voting.

• Thanks
Reactions: rct
Will be interesting but think without a public poll here you will get shenanigans.  Because some want to say “see, x many people think Trump voters are racist”

Its worth a try...just hard to get abtrue result when we know we have people who have stated in phone polls they will answer in ways to give misinformation.

• Thanks
of course not, but it may mean you are willing to overlook/condone his blatant racism for another reason

• Smile
I don't think there are many Caucasian racists (who are eligible or actively seeking to vote) who AREN'T voting for Trump. 

ETA:  Caucasian 

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Not quite as silly as the original question but still a silly question nonetheless. Thankfully just how silly is bearing itself out in the results. Surprised Joe thought this was THE question to ask. Just how warped are minds here?

• Thinking
someone can bemoan their mistaken impression that their luck in the birth lottery was a matter of destiny without being racist. racism has merely caught many neverwas deposed Princes of America in its net

• Thinking
No/No.

In my view, Trump is a racist and many Trump voters are racist.  I won't go down the list of reasons why I hold that opinion. 

A vote for Trump does not automatically make that voter a racist, however, for it is probable that many voters have other issues in play to justify their vote.  An example would be Supreme Court appointments - a voter may view that single issue as an imperative that overrides Trump's racism.  In other words, the voter is willing to overlook that one flaw (in this case racism) because of other issues that the voter feels are more important.  This is a pretty fine line to walk though, and I have no doubt that there are many racists and others holding racist beliefs who use those other justifications to mask or justify their true intent. 

A similar analogy can be drawn to religious voters.  A devout Catholic who votes for Trump is not necessarily approving of Trump's non-Christian antics or somehow revoking their Christian ideals.  It is something they should have to explain though as the hypocrisy is pretty blatant.       

I don't think there are many Caucasian racists (who are eligible or actively seeking to vote) who AREN'T voting for Trump. 

ETA:  Caucasian 
I would venture to say that there are plenty of racist Caucasians who will be voting for someone other than Trump. 

• Thinking
Its a complex question with a complex answer imo.

If you supported and/or voted for David Duke, does that make you a racist?

If you supported the southern states seceding from the Union, did that make you a racist?

If you supported Jim Crow laws, or you voted for people who enacted Jim Crow laws did that make you a racist?

I also look at everyone as racist - albeit on a spectrum, where it may not be noticeable or it maybe full fledged.  I think when you vote for someone who is likely to enact racist policies, your are further along that spectrum.  You may not embrace those racist policies, but you are willing to accept them, in exchange for some other position that the candidate favors.  

So, in the case of Trump, lets say a small business owner votes for Trump because he (or she) likes the tax treatment that Trump supports.  That is why they are voting for Trump, but in doing so, they are tacitly accepting any racist policies as an acceptable trade-off to get the favorable tax laws.

In terms of this poll - I voted no/no.  Voting for Trump does not make you a racist.  There are a lot of other things that led to you accepting racism, long before you decided to vote for Trump.

It's very clear to me that the man is racist.  He has a long history of racism and numerous times during the last 4 years he has played to the racist crowd

So the correct answer is yes it makes you a racist.  Not necessarily because you are a racist but because you are willing to turn a blind eye to it to get something you want.  That's just as bad as the racism itself.  

'I don't love the whole idea of some of the Nazi platform but i really like who they are putting on the courts'

• Thanks
It's very clear to me that the man is racist.  He has a long history of racism and numerous times during the last 4 years he has played to the racist crowd

So the correct answer is yes it makes you a racist.  Not necessarily because you are a racist but because you are willing to turn a blind eye to it to get something you want.  That's just as bad as the racism itself.  

'I don't love the whole idea of some of the Nazi platform but i really like who they are putting on the courts'
Are you voting for Biden?   Any standard that we use to call Trump a racist could easily be used to call Biden a racist, but some seem willing to turn a blind eye to get something they want.

• Laughing
Are you voting for Biden?   Any standard that we use to call Trump a racist could easily be used to call Biden a racist, but some seem willing to turn a blind eye to get something they want.
I will vote Biden to get Trump out of office yes

I haven't seen the type of race baiting out of Biden or the outright racism you are claiming here at all.  

Yeah...it's hard to deny those racist comments.....but somehow....some will.

May 2020: “You ain’t black.”

August 2019: “Poor kids” just as bright as “white kids” 

June 2019: “The kid wearing a hoodie.”

June 2019: Touts his work with segregationist senators 

August 2012: “Put y’all back in chains” 

Obama is "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean”

2006: "You can't go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent" 

• Thinking

Obama is "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean”

2006: "You can't go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent" 
Wow......Holy cow.  I actually never knew this.  So should the question be is voting for either major party candidate a racist act?  Sheesh

• Laughing
Wow......Holy cow.  I actually never knew this.  So should the question be is voting for either major party candidate a racist act?  Sheesh
You knew this. Everybody knows this
I didn't say who's quotes they were.

You knew that they came from Biden.

• Laughing

Does this mean if I vote for Biden I am racist errrrr I tolerate racism?

• Laughing
Does this mean if I vote for Biden I am racist errrrr I tolerate racism?
pffft....get serious.    :rolleyes:

that's crazy talk.

It may simply mean you like the way the hairs on his legs stand up after you (or a child) rub them.

• Thinking
Voting?  Not necessarily, but it means you tolerate racism.

100% support of Trump with no concerns about his behavior, actions, etc. Absolutely.
No it doesn't.  It just doesn't.

That's like saying if you vote democratic you automatically support or "tolerate" abortion.   Just untrue.

• Thinking

What does any of that have to do with the question and thread?  This is nothing more than pure deflection at best...

• Thinking
What does any of that have to do with the question and thread?  This is nothing more than pure deflection at best...
...a deflection to the real racist in the race??  Yup.

If I listed racial comments made by President Trump, would the post be acceptable to you?

• Thanks
...a deflection to the real racist in the race??  Yup.

If I listed racial comments made by President Trump, would the post be acceptable to you?
Well there is another word for that type of posting meant to just get a response....the question wasn't about Biden...you know that...you know what your post was meant to do.  Its not that difficult to see...have a nice day.

How can such an offensive thread like this even be allowed?  It’s no wonder there are no conservatives here. And this is an example of why I don’t believe the polls. What a disgusting question and thread. 

How can such an offensive thread like this even be allowed?  It’s no wonder there are no conservatives here. And this is an example of why I don’t believe the polls. What a disgusting question and thread. 
How is the thread/poll offensive?  Its asking  question of people...a position some here claim that anti Trump posters have been claiming.

Also...what does it have to do with conservatives? 

I see nothing disgusting about the question at all...I disagree with the methodology as mentioned earlier.

• Thanks
How is the thread/poll offensive?  Its asking  question of people...a position some here claim that anti Trump posters have been claiming.

Also...what does it have to do with conservatives? 

I see nothing disgusting about the question at all...I disagree with the methodology as mentioned earlier.
I don’t like replying to you and this is why. You can’t even see why this would be offensive   

I don’t like replying to you and this is why. You can’t even see why this would be offensive   
True...I can't see how asking a question would be offensive.  It came from conversations about what percentage of people here would think it...the question itself is not inherently disgusting or offense...the offense would be in the answer people may give.

And Id feel the same if the question was actually about Biden or anyone else Id consider voting for.

• Smile
Ask the owner of the site. It was his question. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread