What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CEO is making me take at least a week-long vacation on the company (1 Viewer)

If it is unplanned(CEO 'making' you take it), I would do a 'staycation' and take a week to learn some weird, abstract, fun skill.  Juggling, ride a unicycle, growing mushrooms, Canning, hypnosis, sewing, how to throw a Ritz cracker more than 50 feet, take an online course on philosophy, knot tying, etc.

The choices are only limited by your imagination.

Great time for a vacation. Seriously though, is there a place you can rent near a lake or beach that isn't too crowded and won't require flying?

Go fly and see some #### while it's not crowded. Wear a mask. Planes are going to be plenty safe right this minute.

Great Wall of China is probably empty or at least not a log jam. The Pyramids would be cool as #### now, too. Of course you may be killed at either because of politics/religion, but now is the time.

You can do US based stuff on your own time. Spend that money mother####er!

I've been maxed on vacation days for months. Unfortunately things are too hectic for anyone to get time off approved. 

For weeks I've been dreaming of taking a two day vacation to my couch. Maybe as far as the back yard. Someday, maybe. It's a nice thought. 
Same, I have lost half a year of vacation day accrual due to being maxed out because there is no where to go and enough of a backlog on work where I don't see the point of using a vacation day one day, and then working 16 hours the next. I would not be taking a day off, I would just be pushing the work until later. I would get approval if I requested it, I just don't see the point. 

I've been maxed on vacation days for months. Unfortunately things are too hectic for anyone to get time off approved. 

For weeks I've been dreaming of taking a two day vacation to my couch. Maybe as far as the back yard. Someday, maybe. It's a nice thought. 
I haven't taken a day since the first week of March and wouldn't dream of asking for one at the moment. I haven't complained, whined, or any other passive attempt to get recognition. She just sent me a text saying my full salary has been returned this pay cycle and that she is buying me plane tickets and hotel in Puerto Vallarta if I don't come up with something soon. No hit to my PTO either.

Front runner is a bike ride down the PCH from Monterey to San Luis Obispo.

Is that an option? To the google...
Yes.  All you need is a negative PCR Covid test 7 days prior to travelling.  We are going in September.  You can order an at home test from Pixel or Everlywell if you do not have a testing site near you with quick turnaround.

Yes.  All you need is a negative PCR Covid test 7 days prior to travelling.  We are going in September.  You can order an at home test from Pixel or Everlywell if you do not have a testing site near you with quick turnaround.
Oh my. Thanks. Looking into it.

Great time for a vacation. Seriously though, is there a place you can rent near a lake or beach that isn't too crowded and won't require flying?
This. 

Our perfect vacation right now would be cabin on a mountain lake. 

Something like This

So what's for lunch then?  
Neopolitan pizza! And not a moment too soon. Got hammered last night for the first time in awhile and nausea struggle is real.

This St. Lucia thing might have legs. 12 hour layover Miami on the way back but I think I can live with that, assuming I don't get the -vid while in that petri dish.

Neopolitan pizza! And not a moment too soon. Got hammered last night for the first time in awhile and nausea struggle is real.

This St. Lucia thing might have legs. 12 hour layover Miami on the way back but I think I can live with that, assuming I don't get the -vid while in that petri dish.
Lookee what arrived yesterday....  Lou Malnati's legendary Chicago Deep Dish.  Hopefully yours is as good as mine.  

Good luck with St. Lucia.  Keep us posted.  :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread