What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Presidential Election Polling Thread (3 Viewers)

There is no evidence that those voting for Trump were not motivated. Quite the opposite in fact. He received more votes this time than last time. His supporters were extremely energized. 

Who are the primary organizations that provide polling data?.  I never implied or said there were intentional inaccuracies so not sure why you go here.  But I have no proof. 
Because if its just an inaccuracy due to people answering dishonestly...how can it be “voter suppression” which implies and intentional act being committed.

And most of the organizations actually running the polling are attached to media companies but not necessarily run by the actual media company at all.

So you are now speaking for Chaz or you have 2 ids. Which is it?
Oh sorry, I assumed you understood that this thread isn't your private chat with Chaz. Maybe take it to PMs if you don't want the input of others?

Last edited by a moderator:
Because if its just an inaccuracy due to people answering dishonestly...how can it be “voter suppression” which implies and intentional act being committed.

And most of the organizations actually running the polling are attached to media companies but not necessarily run by the actual media company at all.
It’s could cut both ways imo.  Your candidate up big so you don’t feel the need to vote or the opposite.   I believe college/university polls in conjunction with media organizations dominate polls. 

It’s could cut both ways imo.  Your candidate up big so you don’t feel the need to vote or the opposite.   I believe college/university polls in conjunction with media organizations dominate polls. 
And your point about who is running the polls?  

Sooo, why did you ask the question if you're already certain of the answer??
Crazy as it may sound I was interested in what others think.  That’s why you ask a question so you can hear others answer, digest the information then reassess your origami position.  

But if the data is consistently wrong, it worthless ..  
One...I dont think its as wrong as you seemingly think.  
But what is the implication?  That left leaning organizations are wrong and thus suppressing the vote?  Despite unprecedented voter turnout?

One...I dont think its as wrong as you seemingly think.  
But what is the implication?  That left leaning organizations are wrong and thus suppressing the vote?  Despite unprecedented voter turnout?
So the polls have been accurate lately..

I think anytime you have one side telling a story, it’s an opportunity to form opinions and manipulate what people think.  
So are you then claiming they are intentionally inaccurate...because polls are based on the data given.  Its not based on the opinions of the organization running the polls.

Nor is polling run from one side in the first place.

So are you then claiming they are intentionally inaccurate...because polls are based on the data given.  Its not based on the opinions of the organization running the polls.

Nor is polling run from one side in the first place.
I’m claiming polls are inaccurate which is supported.  Do you agree?  Since polls are inaccurate why are they part of the mainstream political information? 

I’m claiming polls are inaccurate which is supported.  Do you agree?  Since polls are inaccurate why are they part of the mainstream political information? 
I agree some polls are inaccurate most often its within the margin of error.  Because polling isnt an exact science.

Your last statement finally got to a point that we may discuss without conspiracy theory level stuff.  
Given what we have seem...not sure how much major polling will play a part going forward.  Because we have seem people are willing to just be dishonest to those polling them.

But to claim its suppression, in a year with unprecedented turnout seems to be severely lacking in amy factual basis.

This is no longer an engagement in good faith. Can we stop polluting this thread with this back and forth and stop giving airtime to this.

Just change the channel.
Really. So you want one channel now. That’s good faith?  I’m disappointed in you.  I’ve been responding to 10-12 people that disagree for the last 2 hours.  Tribalism lives here with gianmarco.  

Your assertion is inaccurate as Chaz said polls did suppress votes for HRC in 2016. 
Huh.  It's not suppressing anything.  If someone stays home because they think their vote won't make a difference and it's not worth the effort, that's on them.

I never said anything about Biden.. didn’t  the polls have Biden winning by a much bigger margin? 
So....now your issue is that the polls were right, but they weren't as accurate as you would like?  I'm so confused what's bothering you. Are you suggesting that the polls were so wrong that it kept people from voting even though more people voted in this election than any other presidential election in history?  

So....now your issue is that the polls were right, but they weren't as accurate as you would like?  I'm so confused what's bothering you. Are you suggesting that the polls were so wrong that it kept people from voting even though more people voted in this election than any other presidential election in history?  
My point is if you tell someone the same thing over and oven again you either don’t vote because it doesn’t matter or think about changing your vote.  

My point is if you tell someone the same thing over and oven again you either don’t vote because it doesn’t matter or think about changing your vote.  
Well, I'm not buying it.  It's not a very convincing argument. Especially when we know more people voted in this election than any other election. 

That’s your opinion. If I heard that it would motivate me to go and vote.

This is subjective based on your opinion completely different from other types of voter suppression, you know, where we know for a fact that votes are suppressed.

Polling dominated by the left..l
Republican pollsters like Robert Cahaly of Traflagar group say that "people are scared they will be canceled if they reveal they are voting for Donald Trump."

I heard him on NPR before the election and he spoke about his secret sauce profile of voters to determine how people are going to vote. He gave away one ingredient after 2016 - ask people who their neighbor will vote for - and other pollsters followed suit. So, he won't give away any more secrets.

The Monday before the election, he had Trump ahead in Florida (by 4), Michigan (by 2) and Georgia (by 7). Very good, close, and very bad. 

Polling is hard in the Trump era - I heard 2 different callers to Hannity radio say they were intentionally deceptive and one in Texas called it a strategy, with Hannity approving.

Users who are viewing this thread