What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Anarchy League 4 Thread (2 Viewers)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
League 4 Site: LINK
Turning draft on in a few minutes.

Draft order
01 - Cobalt Cruisin'
02 - BusMan
03 - BassNBrew
04 - ryheaps
05 - Go DC Yourself
06 - jhexel
07 - Maggot Brain
08 - Crippler
09 - Mr. Irrelevant
10 - indyram96
11 - bro1ncos
12 - BroncoFreak_2K3
13 - Mr. Landry
14 - Hawkeye21
15 - Public Ridicule
16 - Shadowfax

Last edited by a moderator:
Regrettably life has become too busy for me to commit to this at such a late date.

I applaud David for running these and always enjoyed them.  I will perhaps jump back in in 2021.

OUT.

Cheers!

Sure, I'll play. 

I can virtually engage and pretend I haven't been alone in my basement since March.  

Trying to work through some technical and communications issues. Will try to address these this morning. 

I think we should be good to go, but let me know if there are any other issues. I am not drafting in this league so am not paying quite as much attention . . .

so far...

Eagles, Philadelphia PHI TMQB

Drake, Kenyan ARI RB

McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB

Cooper, Amari DAL WR

Parker, DeVante MIA WR

What are the chances that every guy in my pre-draft ranking gets taken?
Depends on your list of course.

I had 4 TE in my predraft list who after checking just now are all gone.

I reached on Johnathan Taylor a round early because I thought it unlikely he would make it back to me.

I was happily surprised when Kyler Murray did last into the 4th round for me.

This group has drafted RB a bit more aggressively than the other draft group. 3 more RB selected in the top 60 here than there.

Depends on your list of course.

I had 4 TE in my predraft list who after checking just now are all gone.

I reached on Johnathan Taylor a round early because I thought it unlikely he would make it back to me.

I was happily surprised when Kyler Murray did last into the 4th round for me.

This group has drafted RB a bit more aggressively than the other draft group. 3 more RB selected in the top 60 here than there.
I had Kyler next in my predraft list right after AJ Brown for the 4th. 

A thousand apologies all ... I’m on vacation in Maine this week and we lost internet all of yesterday in a place with minimal cell service. Borked myself in IBL as well and was only rescued there through the quick reaction of my FBG teammates.

@Anarchy99 - feel free to skip my pick if I’m OTC for more than a couple hours between now and Sunday. I’ll predraft as needed.

A thousand apologies all ... I’m on vacation in Maine this week and we lost internet all of yesterday in a place with minimal cell service. Borked myself in IBL as well and was only rescued there through the quick reaction of my FBG teammates.

@Anarchy99 - feel free to skip my pick if I’m OTC for more than a couple hours between now and Sunday. I’ll predraft as needed.
Good thing you let me know. I was going to send in some of my contracted night protester friends. If you pre-draft multiple rounds, you should be ok.

So, given the opportunity, I didn't draft Nuk ... but I did draft the QB on his old team and the WR he's most likely to steal targets from on his new team.

It's all part of my devious master plan, which I'll reveal to you as soon as I come up with it.

Biabreakable said:
I have Edwards doing more than Jefferson as a rookie but I am hoping to be wrong. Nice pick 256!
I really like them both but Minny being a better overall team in this format tipped the scale. Also I needed to go WR-WR and figured there was at least some small chance Edwards might make it back to me. With you directly behind me I knew there was zero chance Jefferson would.  ;)

And Harry and Samuel were my two top choices for the second WR so naturally you and @bro1ncos conspired to give me neither of them. I can't tell you how glad I am that very few of my money leagues are this competitive.

I really like them both but Minny being a better overall team in this format tipped the scale. Also I needed to go WR-WR and figured there was at least some small chance Edwards might make it back to me. With you directly behind me I knew there was zero chance Jefferson would.  ;)

And Harry and Samuel were my two top choices for the second WR so naturally you and @bro1ncos conspired to give me neither of them. I can't tell you how glad I am that very few of my money leagues are this competitive.
I was still taking  Edwards over Jefferson but yeah I was sad to see him gone. Its been like that even before the NFL draft though, someone else likes Jefferson more than me.

If you like money you don't want to be wondering who the fish are in your league because if you are its probably you and you should find safer waters.

We were kind of late getting these things going this year with all of the other stuff going on, but a lot of guys have talked about using these drafts to help prepare them for their other leagues. When you draft 16 teams 12 teams does seem a lot easier by comparison. If you train harder than the real thing I think that helps prepare you.

If you like money you don't want to be wondering who the fish are in your league because if you are its probably you and you should find safer waters.

We were kind of late getting these things going this year with all of the other stuff going on, but a lot of guys have talked about using these drafts to help prepare them for their other leagues. When you draft 16 teams 12 teams does seem a lot easier by comparison. If you train harder than the real thing I think that helps prepare you.
It's the right philosophy for poker (another hobby of mine) but FF? I've been playing FF long enough where I stopped bothering with ROI a while back. If the league is fun, active, and fair then it doesn't matter how good my opponents are - so much of this hobby is down to luck anyway. If it's not then it's not worth my time regardless.

Yeah, the money is nice, but I've won and lost more in four hours at a NLHE table then I could win or lose in four months in any of my FF leagues. I'm sure I'd feel differently if I were an FFPC regular or whatever. 🤑

So I check in this morning to find that I have drafted Washington Team QB and that was supposed to be my last pick but @Mr. Irrelevant took TE Jordan Akins of Houston who I did a bit of digging into and looks poised to have a good season for them.

Akins wasn't even drafted in my other draft. I figured he would be safe. Wrong. I meant to draft this guy in the other league as well but I messed up and didn't do it.

The universe seems to be conspiring against me on this issue.

So I check in this morning to find that I have drafted Washington Team QB and that was supposed to be my last pick but @Mr. Irrelevant took TE Jordan Akins of Houston who I did a bit of digging into and looks poised to have a good season for them.

Akins wasn't even drafted in my other draft. I figured he would be safe. Wrong. I meant to draft this guy in the other league as well but I messed up and didn't do it.

The universe seems to be conspiring against me on this issue.
Maybe next year we should go with TMTE (which is actually an option in the scoring options).

How about Team Skill position? That would be a hoot.

I made those mistakes all on my own but I can blame you for everything else I guess.
Don’t ask me why, but TMRB, TMWR, and TMTE are all league options. As of today in L2 I am down a kicker. Sucks to be me. Should have taken one earlier (although I don’t think I will be down a kicker . . . but it certainly could be the outcome).

There are multiple NFL teams that had kicker camp battles. Whomever they picked will be on a short leash. A couple missed kicks early and they will get the boot. Having the “right guy” to start the season Is not much of a guarantee that player kicks all season for that NFL team. 

Don’t ask me why, but TMRB, TMWR, and TMTE are all league options. As of today in L2 I am down a kicker. Sucks to be me. Should have taken one earlier (although I don’t think I will be down a kicker . . . but it certainly could be the outcome).

There are multiple NFL teams that had kicker camp battles. Whomever they picked will be on a short leash. A couple missed kicks early and they will get the boot. Having the “right guy” to start the season Is not much of a guarantee that player kicks all season for that NFL team. 
It isn't. I went through that with Blair Walsh and even more inexplicably with Robbie Gould when the Bears decided to get cheap. Man the Bears are dumb.

Sorry not sorry @Biabreakable  :P

I was *almost* sure he’d make it to the last round, but in my experience the bottom 8-10 team DSTs are completely interchangeable so figured I’d go a round early on my guy. Glad I did, I guess.

Personally I love drafting individual players in leagues like this. My home league is a 12-team redraft but with 22 roster slots, so there are usually 230+ skill position players drafted - and these mocks are the only ones I’ve found that give me a decent picture on draft trends that far down the list.

Better late than never with a writeup, I suppose!

1.09 - Davante Adams, WR2 GBP
Last year WR6. Unquestioned #1 target for one of the game's elite QBs on what is still an elite offense when firing on all cylinders. Still a clear step below the names taken so far - #9 feels like a really tough slot in this format especially. High playoff potential.

2.08 - Chris Godwin, WR6 TBB
Last year WR3. Felt like an absolute gift here. His skillset seems tailor-made to run wild in a Brady offense, to the point where I'll make a futures bet on him to lead the league in yards if I can find a good price. Moderate playoff potential.

3.09 - TMQB Texans (Watson), TMQB6 HOU
Last year QB4. Still the most underappreciated QB of the 21st century. Even with a breathtakingly incompetent front office, I still have to trust in the all-world talent at a bargain price. Low playoff potential.

4.08 - Tyler Higbee, TE8 LAR
Last year TE7. At this ADP I will own zero shares in season-long as I see very little difference in value across the TE7-15 range. But at 2PPR I don't want to tempt fate by passing on the position for another 16 picks, and besides, Anarchy is all about upside, right? Right?? Moderate playoff potential.

5.09 - Melvin Gordon, RB24 DEN
Last year RB26. Not the most exciting RB1 - but given his talent, decent surrounding cast, and likely role, it's tough to imagine a scenario where a healthy Gordon truly busts at this draft slot. Low-moderate playoff potential.

6.08 - Cam Akers, RB27 LAR 
The Rams spent their first draft pick on Akers despite just trading up for Henderson last year and paying Brown in FA. I don't know if he's any good (to be fair, even tape-grinders probably don't know, given he spent every snap in college getting hit behind the LOS) but I have to think we'll get a chance to find out. Moderate playoff potential.

7.09 - Jack Doyle, TE21 IND
Last year TE19. In other words, he outperformed this draft slot in 2019 even splitting time down the middle with Eric Ebron and catching passes from Jacoby Brissett. Replace Brissett with Rivers and Ebron with Trey Burton (oh, look! He's hurt already. Again.) and the upside feels sizable. Moderate-high playoff potential.

8.08 - Christian Kirk, WR44 ARZ
Last year WR39. Without some guy named Nuk in the mix. As mentioned upthread, I'm not exactly sure where I was going with this since it feels like a low-ceiling, low-floor pick. Given a do-over I take Hardman or Ruggs 10/10 times here. Low playoff potential.

9.09 - Wil Lutz, PK4 NO
Last year PK2. With training camp a facade and offenses likely to be rustier than an '84 Fiero, 2020 could be an all-time high-water mark for NFL kickers. Last elite name on the board, even if it's 2-3 rounds earlier than usual in Anarchy. High playoff potential.

10.08 - TMQB Bengals (Burrow), QB22 CIN
Sure, San Fran has a better team, better coach, and more proven QB, but what the hell - I'm not in this thing to finish 6th. Low playoff potential.

11.09 - Justin Jefferson, WR56 MIN
If a big, fast, athletic, highly-touted first-round pick who broke all sorts of conference receiving records can't beat out Bisi freaking Johnson for targets on a team with deep postseason aspirations, then *throws up hands*. Moderate-high playoff potential.

12.08 - Parris Campbell, WR65 IND
If the Colts are half as good as the pundits believe, somebody will deliver WR3 fantasy value alongside Hilton almost by default. I went with Campbell because (a) he should play the slot and Rivers is no longer a deep-ball threat and (b) Pittman has been getting all the camp buzz, a great contrarian indicator for young WRs. Moderate-high playoff potential.

13.09 - Justin Jackson, RB55 LAC
I'm always surprised by just how little relative value scatbacks possess in this format. Tarik Cohen and Matt Breida were both comfortably outscored by Alex Erickson last year. Alex Erickson! Give me a RB like J-Jax with a small chance of early-down relevance over guys like that. Low playoff potential.

14.08 - Mike Badgley, PK18 LAC
Last year PK32. Young, has job security, and no one is confusing Tyrod Taylor for Patrick Mahomes. Low playoff potential.

15.09 - Bryce Love, RB61 WAS
So I'd say AP getting cut was timed pretty well for me, all things considered. Love could earn a plurality of touches - although it is The Washington Dumpster Fire Football Team, so who knows what that's really worth. Low playoff potential.

16.08 / 18.08 - Cowboys DST21 / Raiders DST27
Last year DST22/DST28. Dallas will probably be very good this year! Las Vegas ... will probably not be! But both squads should be better than last year. High / low playoff potential respectively.

17.09 - Jordan Akins, TE36 HOU
Last year TE27. Fun fact if you feel like winning a bar bet - Akins actually led Texans' TEs in receiving last year. He could make some noise entering his 3rd NFL season, and if nothing else Nuk's absence will put a ton of targets up for grabs. Low playoff potential.

My going-in strategy was to effectively punt RB entirely in favor of elite names at the PPR positions. After jumping on falling value in Watson and Gordon it really morphed into a BPA exercise, although the back half is heavy on dart-throws I'm optimistic can boost my upside.

I should be competitive for the bulk of the season ... but champion teams get about 1/4 of their total points from the playoffs and I just don't see enough postseason opportunity on this roster to take home a title.

Best of luck all.

2.08 - Chris Godwin, WR6 TBB
Last year WR3. Felt like an absolute gift here. His skillset seems tailor-made to run wild in a Brady offense, to the point where I'll make a futures bet on him to lead the league in yards if I can find a good price. Moderate playoff potential.
I have Godwin in one of the other leagues, and I am tempering my enthusiasm for all things Tampa Bay. I think there is a decent chance that things don't play out as many people are predicting. Brady look spent the end of last season and statistically he was the worst starting QB in the league the second half of last year.

IMO, it will be much harder for him to get in sync with a new team with basically 2-3 weeks of practice time. In his time in NE, Brady froze out receivers he didn't trust and who were not spot on in terms of where he expected them to be. I don't see any possible way things will go like clockwork after 20 years in NE.

BB figured out a few years ago the best way to win with a so so Brady was to get him to release the ball in 2 seconds or less so he wouldn't get hit. Arians relies on down the field throws on plays that take a long time to develop. That's no longer Brady's strong suit. Edelman and Brady had a mind meld that I am not sure he will have out of the gate with Godwin.

If the Bucs defense actually is better (the verdict is still out on that one), then Tampa may not be airing the ball out all game. IMO, if they hope to win, they should follow BB's lead and run as much as possible and limit how much they need Brady to be the one driving the offense.

So I think all of the Tampa receivers are getting over projected. I am in the minority, but I see Brady being the weakest link of the guys on their offense (and they probably were better off keeping Winston and working with him on his decision-making).

How long before Brady has an aneurysm on the sideline screaming at his receivers that they didn't run the right routes? He was famous for chewing people out in NE. I think things will play out differently in real life than they will on paper (just looking at the roster).

Users who are viewing this thread