What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: Rookie Picks 1.05 and 1.07 ... what to do?? (1 Viewer)

BearsFan4Life

Footballguy
14 Team - NO PPR - Standard Scoring (Start 1qb, 1rb, 1wr, 1 te, 2 flex)

Who do I take at 1.05 and 1.07? 

1.01 - JTaylor (me)

1.02 - CEH

1.03 - Dobbins

1.04 - Lamb

Pick 6 could take a RB or WR. I would doubt he takes Burrow having Allen, Cousins and Brady

Option 1: Do I take Jeudy at 1.05 and whoever falls between Swift and Akers at 1.07?

Option 2: Do I take Swift at 1.05 and whoever falls between Jeudy and Akers at 1.07?

Option 3: Trade 1.05, 1.13, 2.06 for either MGordon or Gurley and 2021 1st Round Rookie Pick and then pick whoever is left between Jeudy, Swift, Akers at 1.07

My team:

Mahomes, Brees, Cam

CMC, DHenry, JTaylor

Hopkins, Godwin, KAllen, TLockett

Kelce, Higbee

Thanks for the help. I will return the favor.

14 Team - NO PPR - Standard Scoring (Start 1qb, 1rb, 1wr, 1 te, 2 flex)

Who do I take at 1.05 and 1.07? 

1.01 - JTaylor (me)

1.02 - CEH

1.03 - Dobbins

1.04 - Lamb

Pick 6 could take a RB or WR. I would doubt he takes Burrow having Allen, Cousins and Brady

Option 1: Do I take Jeudy at 1.05 and whoever falls between Swift and Akers at 1.07?

Option 2: Do I take Swift at 1.05 and whoever falls between Jeudy and Akers at 1.07?

Option 3: Trade 1.05, 1.13, 2.06 for either MGordon or Gurley and 2021 1st Round Rookie Pick and then pick whoever is left between Jeudy, Swift, Akers at 1.07

My team:

Mahomes, Brees, Cam

CMC, DHenry, JTaylor

Hopkins, Godwin, KAllen, TLockett

Kelce, Higbee

Thanks for the help. I will return the favor.
Love your situation.  You have a killer team.  So you're taking BPA.

I would pass on Option 3.  Rather have the picks than to take on Gordon and Gurley, both older RBs with Gurley on his last legs.  Taylor should be be the IND bellcow later in the year.

So since it's a standard league, I would take Swift at 5 and hope Akers lasts to pick 7.  If he goes 6, Jeudy is a nice consolation prize.  So Option 2 for me.  Go with Option 1 only if you are indifferent between Swift and Akers and you really want Jeudy.  In your league, I would love to get the 2 RBs and not Jeudy.

Based on your team and starting requirements I would take Swift and hope for Akers. (I love Jeudy, but it's a standard and you only have to start 1 WR and you have 2 killers and 2 more very good ones already)

TheKillerBrees said:
Based on your team and starting requirements I would take Swift and hope for Akers. (I love Jeudy, but it's a standard and you only have to start 1 WR and you have 2 killers and 2 more very good ones already)
Thanks for mine. I agree with this comment completely. If Akers is gine maybe trade for more future picks?

I'm a big fan of RB depth - one injury and your season is shot.  So, I would stock up on RB's - whether that is via trade for future picks or drafting 2. 

Don't force a position.  Make a combined draft board and rank all the players.  Take the guy at the top of your list when it gets to you.  It is really that simple.  Put in your time and research and figure out the best player regardless of position.  Don't force a position.  The key is to get a player that is startable.  Taking a lesser RB because RB's get hurt more so give me the depth or take the WR because RB's get hurt more (whichever way you want to rationalize) only hurts you if you take the lesser player.  Put in the time and figure out who you think will be the best fantasy player regardless of position.  Then take him. 

I'm a big fan of RB depth - one injury and your season is shot.  So, I would stock up on RB's - whether that is via trade for future picks or drafting 2. 
Can stack up another RB if I want ..

Was offered Conner for 1.13, 2.07, and my 2021 2nd rounder which should be one of last 6 picks of draft?

Can stack up another RB if I want ..

Was offered Conner for 1.13, 2.07, and my 2021 2nd rounder which should be one of last 6 picks of draft?
Do you have a preferred player at 1.13?  That is fairly expensive for Conner but if you don't have any must haves that look like they will be there for you at 1.13 or 2.07 seems like it might be worth it.   Also depends on where you see your team.  Rebuild I probably keep the bullets and keep shooting at rookies.  Competing the next couple years then Conner might have a roll.

Do you have a preferred player at 1.13?  That is fairly expensive for Conner but if you don't have any must haves that look like they will be there for you at 1.13 or 2.07 seems like it might be worth it.   Also depends on where you see your team.  Rebuild I probably keep the bullets and keep shooting at rookies.  Competing the next couple years then Conner might have a roll.
I am built to win now and next couple years.

Mahomes, Brees, Cam

CMC, Henry, JTaylor, Swift, Akers

Nuk, Godwin, KAllen, Lockett

Kelce, Higher

I have no favorites amongst the Rookie WRs. So I have 3 choices...

1. Make the picks

2. Trade 1.13, 2.07, and next years 2nd Round for Conner

3. Cam and 1.13 for DJones 

Conner gives me a vet, Jones gives me younger backup qb..  Leaning Conner right now

I am built to win now and next couple years.

Mahomes, Brees, Cam

CMC, Henry, JTaylor, Swift, Akers

Nuk, Godwin, KAllen, Lockett

Kelce, Higher

I have no favorites amongst the Rookie WRs. So I have 3 choices...

1. Make the picks

2. Trade 1.13, 2.07, and next years 2nd Round for Conner

3. Cam and 1.13 for DJones 

Conner gives me a vet, Jones gives me younger backup qb..  Leaning Conner right now
No need for Jones.  You are set at QB in a 1 qb league. 

Not really sure you need Conner especially when you only need to start 1 RB.  I think i keep the picks and try and throw more darts at rookies to hope a few pan out.

No need for Jones.  You are set at QB in a 1 qb league. 

Not really sure you need Conner especially when you only need to start 1 RB.  I think i keep the picks and try and throw more darts at rookies to hope a few pan out.
I can start 1 RB and 2 Flex so can start 3 RBs. If JT Swift and Akers take time Conner could be a bye week fill in for CMC, Henry, Nuk, and Godwin

I can start 1 RB and 2 Flex so can start 3 RBs. If JT Swift and Akers take time Conner could be a bye week fill in for CMC, Henry, Nuk, and Godwin
But you also have Keenan Allen and Lockett for that as well.  They are just as good (or better) than Conner.  I think it's an overpay for bench depth. 

Gally said:
I would rank them:

1. PIttman
  2. Aiyuk
  3. Shenault
  4. Higgins
  5. Sims
You confirmed my gut.  We are on pick 15 now, and I pick again at 21. Guaranteed to get one of Aiyuk  Shenault, Higgins, Mims, Dillon, Gibson, or Vaughn .

Going into the yr with a team:

Mahomes, Brees, Cam

CMC, Henry, JTaylor, Swift, Akers, DWashington

Nuk, Godwin, KAllen, Lockett, Pittman Jr

Kelce, Higbee

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
You confirmed my gut.  We are on pick 15 now, and I pick again at 21. Guaranteed to get one of Aiyuk  Shenault, Higgins, Mims, Dillon, Gibson, or Vaughn .

Going into the yr with a team:

Mahomes, Brees, Cam

CMC, Henry, JTaylor, Swift, Akers, DWashington

Nuk, Godwin, KAllen, Lockett, Pittman Jr

Kelce, Higbee

Thanks for the help!
I also like Dillon quite a bit.  I think we will surprise a bit.

If Dillon is gone, I def go with one of the WR's next. Gibson is ok, but Washington - lol, and I'm not liking what I'm seeing from Vaughn at all (in my one draft we're doing right now in a dynasty Vaughn slipped all the way into the 3rd round in a 10 team league 😮 )

Actually I would rank the WR's on your list above Dillon too even though I do like him, if your league is "Packed" (pun intended - haha) then one of them grabbing him before your pick is good, just leaves a better player for you!!! (Aiyuk would be my #1 of the guys you have listed as remaining - I also like Higgins)

TheKillerBrees said:
If Dillon is gone, I def go with one of the WR's next. Gibson is ok, but Washington - lol, and I'm not liking what I'm seeing from Vaughn at all (in my one draft we're doing right now in a dynasty Vaughn slipped all the way into the 3rd round in a 10 team league 😮 )

Actually I would rank the WR's on your list above Dillon too even though I do like him, if your league is "Packed" (pun intended - haha) then one of them grabbing him before your pick is good, just leaves a better player for you!!! (Aiyuk would be my #1 of the guys you have listed as remaining - I also like Higgins)
Dillon is only RB left on board and suspect he goes in one the two picks before I am on the clock. Vaughn and Gibson are gone. Shenault, Higgins, Mims are left at WR.  Dropping Dede Westbrook (DWashington only other options and he is starter if CEH would ever have to miss a game). Roster is full of talent. I usually like to leave one spot available for flyers, but not this year.

You can't go wrong with any of those 4 guys. (And I would def drop Westbrook for any of those 4, I also agree with keeping Washington over him too) 

You can't go wrong with any of those 4 guys. (And I would def drop Westbrook for any of those 4, I also agree with keeping Washington over him too) 
Grabbed Tee Higgins.. my draft went

1. Taylor

5. Swift

7. Akers

13. Pittman

21. Higgins

Built for now and the future.. now let's hope there is a season!

I also like Dillon quite a bit.  I think we will surprise a bit.
Well after all that ... I got an offer I couldn't pass up and am back to trying to get a little depth at QB and TE now.

I gave: Brees, JTaylor, KAllen, and Higbee

I got: Kamara and Sutton

Need to go find a backup TE now but that shouldn't be too hard as one team has Hockenson, Engram, Hurst, and Geodart.

As far as QB goes I guess I can stay with the uncomfortable feeling of Cam or I can trade Cam and Pittman for DJones.  Not sure which I do at this point.

Well after all that ... I got an offer I couldn't pass up and am back to trying to get a little depth at QB and TE now.

I gave: Brees, JTaylor, KAllen, and Higbee

I got: Kamara and Sutton

Need to go find a backup TE now but that shouldn't be too hard as one team has Hockenson, Engram, Hurst, and Geodart.

As far as QB goes I guess I can stay with the uncomfortable feeling of Cam or I can trade Cam and Pittman for DJones.  Not sure which I do at this point.
I am not sure that is an easy accept for me.  I think Sutton is a big risk as I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as a wr4 type with Allen still being the better of those two..  and if Taylor meets his ceiling and Kamara is close to last year you lose quite a bit.

With your RB's already Henry and CMC I probably rather see if Taylor hits his ceiling

Users who are viewing this thread