What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drew Pearson & Tom Flores selected as finalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2021 (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
Former Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Drew Pearson was selected Tuesday as the Senior Finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2021.  An undrafted free agent, Pearson played his entire 11-year career with the Cowboys, accumulating 489 receptions for 7,822 yards (16.0 per-catch average) and 48 touchdowns. He was a three-time All-Pro, three-time Pro Bowl selection and a member of the All-Decade Team of the 1970s. He played in 22 playoff games, making 68 catches and scoring eight touchdowns. The 1977 Cowboys won Super Bowl XII with Pearson leading the NFL in receiving yards (870) that season.

Two-time Super Bowl-winning coach Tom Flores has also been selected as the Coach Finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2021.  Flores posted a 105-90 overall career record with the Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders and the Seattle Seahawks. He guided the Raiders to victories in Super Bowls XV and XVIII, following the 1980 and 1983 seasons, the latter a season in which he was named the AFC Coach of the Year.  In nine seasons with the Raiders, Flores won 91 games against only 56 losses (.619), including a record of 8-3 (.727) in the playoffs. His career wins total trails only Hall of Famer John Madden in franchise history.  Flores was the first Hispanic coach in the National Football League and first to win a Super Bowl.

Does anyone think that Drew Pearson and/or Tom Flores have a legitimate shot of making the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2021?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pearson is for is rant on national tv and Flores is because he has more rings than Dungy.  I think both candidates were bubble guys out of the last seniors class and most of the time the seniors nominees are rubber stamped in.

Hall of the Very Good

-Love DP, no problem accepting him if they vote him in but it's hard to look at his stats and automatically say HoF. 

Does anyone know who Drew Pearson's high school QB was back in the day? Try not to look it up

Last edited by a moderator:
Hall of the Very Good

-Love DP, no problem accepting him if they vote him in but it's hard to look at his stats and automatically say HoF. 

Does anyone know who Drew Pearson's high school QB was back in the day? Try not to look it up
Was it Joe Theisman?

Hall of the Very Good

Pearson is one of those guys where I think stats shouldn't matter as much. Stats are overrated in general in HOF discussions, but that is another discussion.

I actually think Drew Pearson was the best NFC WR of the 70's, and 2nd best in the NFL after Cliff Branch(also not in the HOF) with the caveat that the 70's weren't a great decade for WR's.

Without looking it up, based on when Pearson played, I'll guess Dan Fouts was his HS QB. 

Pearson is one of those guys where I think stats shouldn't matter as much. Stats are overrated in general in HOF discussions, but that is another discussion.

I actually think Drew Pearson was the best NFC WR of the 70's, and 2nd best in the NFL after Cliff Branch(also not in the HOF) with the caveat that the 70's weren't a great decade for WR's.

Without looking it up, based on when Pearson played, I'll guess Dan Fouts was his HS QB. 
Outstanding guess, the answer is actually Joe Theisman, believe it or not. 

My favorite WR from the 70s was actually a holdover from the Late 60s in Cleveland before he came to Miami, the great Paul Warfield. There were a few but the 70s was still run run run, Marino will usher in the passing era in the 80s along with a few others. WR stats take a huge surge, Mark Clayton was an outstanding WR and has the numbers but he gets no credit because he caught most of them from Marino. I'd add Duper but he has no one to blame but himself, wasted several prime years on cocaine. It used to matter when a WR collected 500+ balls over their career, today that's a 4 year total for some guys. 

Outstanding guess, the answer is actually Joe Theisman, believe it or not. 

My favorite WR from the 70s was actually a holdover from the Late 60s in Cleveland before he came to Miami, the great Paul Warfield. There were a few but the 70s was still run run run, Marino will usher in the passing era in the 80s along with a few others. WR stats take a huge surge, Mark Clayton was an outstanding WR and has the numbers but he gets no credit because he caught most of them from Marino. I'd add Duper but he has no one to blame but himself, wasted several prime years on cocaine. It used to matter when a WR collected 500+ balls over their career, today that's a 4 year total for some guys. 
Well I certainly hope that was a successful HS team.

Warfield was my #3 WR from the 70's oddly enough. Along those same lines, I always thought Griese was the best QB of the 70's, he just didn't have the passing volume guys like Tarkenton and Staubach had. Griese was like the richest man's version of Troy Aikman.

Users who are viewing this thread