What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation (4 Viewers)

Gotta love this draft - tie breaker is going to the player that I can draft a favorite band/song for:

5.xx:  DARREN WALLER - TE (went to Georgia Tech in Atlanta)

SONG:  THE BLACK CROWES - I AIN'T HIDING (Marietta is about 30mi from Atlanta) 

LINK

Been taking these guys a bit in drafts, so I will try to get something in there that's newer or not on the main two albums that get picked.  
Not the route I was thinking about, but figured I would be nice and ease up on the metal a bit.  

Yeah, he will be. He's actually as good as billed. I'd be stunned if he didn't have just a WR1 type year barring injury. The really weird thing is he's not rated that highly in the industry, but a guy in my second dynasty league today that rosters him said he was untouchable and meant it. I agreed. Productive trade talk, no end to it. It was about Dobbins and D'Andre Swift plus a guy, and I mentioned Chark and I'd throw in Kyler Murray, and he said Chark? Untouchable -- and that in another salary cap league he'd signed him to a max contract. He said he'd be the next Julio, who I traded for Chark in my other dynasty league. Enough about my teams. He's good. I'm just trying to figure out the disconnect between he and other people who cover this stuff.
I think I have said this in the Chark thread but it's entirely some weird lingering effect of the industry being really down on him when he came into the draft. Nobody at all was touting him and everyone thought the early pick on him was a reach. So I just don't think there were many analysts hyping him early so now that he has broke out, we don't get the usual victory laps. I think Chark can perform comparably to Kenny Golladay who got hype because he was a darling sleeper among the industry from the beginning of his career. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I've been  drinking for 8 hours and no sign of Pip so calling it a night.

Can message a pick to someone drafting after me if you think it's needed

Well, I've been  drinking for 8 hours and no sign of Pip so calling it a night.

Can message a pick to someone drafting after me if you think it's needed
Sorry, guys. Today was the worst/busiest day of my conference, I was back on work stuff after dinner until just a bit ago. Tomorrow and Tue should not be as bad and then I'm in the clear. Picks coming soon depending on how well I can read the spreadsheet and whether I take someone from ####### Buffalo or Wyoming again. 

I searched the spreadsheet and this thread and I was surprised he's here, injury history and such aside, so here we go. And I get to reuse a song from when I biffed at the last turn.

Todd Gurley RB ATL

Song: As I was saying, Athens is close enough to Atlanta, so REM -- Fall on Me

This should go well if we don't get the ####ty version of Goff all season.

Robert Woods WR LAR

Song: Buffalo Springfield had members who hailed from all over North America, but they were formed and based in LA. This is how I get Neil "There Is a Town in North Ontario" Young on my team. Buffalo Springfield -- Mr. Soul

Back to @Mrs. Rannous

I searched the spreadsheet and this thread and I was surprised he's here, injury history and such aside, so here we go. And I get to reuse a song from when I biffed at the last turn.

Todd Gurley RB ATL

Song: As I was saying, Athens is close enough to Atlanta, so REM -- Fall on Me

This should go well if we don't get the ####ty version of Goff all season.

Robert Woods WR LAR

Song: Buffalo Springfield had members who hailed from all over North America, but they were formed and based in LA. This is how I get Neil "There Is a Town in North Ontario" Young on my team. Buffalo Springfield -- Mr. Soul

Back to @Mrs. Rannous
@Northern Voice already took REM...I think that each artist is one and done, but others correct me if I'm wrong.  

@Northern Voice already took REM...I think that each artist is one and done, but others correct me if I'm wrong.  
Actually, for this one, I don't think it is. It's not an artist draft, if I'm not mistaken. I think it's more of a nerd code that some, but not all, adhere to. I wouldn't double up on an artist that I personally had already picked, but striking an artist from being picked if someone else does strikes me as draconian. 

Actually, for this one, I don't think it is. It's not an artist draft, if I'm not mistaken. I think it's more of a nerd code that some, but not all, adhere to. I wouldn't double up on an artist that I personally had already picked, but striking an artist from being picked if someone else does strikes me as draconian. 
Agreed.

Round 6  -  Cooper Kupp  -  WR  -  Rams

Also from LA, the Go Go's  -  Cool Jerk

@Ilov80s is up.

I also evidently missed all the news in the offseason.  I finally looked at a cheatsheet this am and most of the time it was - "wtf, he plays there now??"

Lol.  I was eyeing him up.  I for sure waited too long for a WR1.  :scared:
You're probably better off with Kamara and Chubb than to have wasted an early pick on a receiver. You can still get guys that will finish in the WR1 range, you're no longer looking at that with RBs. That's what my untrained eye says.

I figured this would be a place people were into fantasy yet hadn't heard. It's still pretty early this morning and you guys have lives...

Wasn't Fournette a top ten pick just a few years ago? Holy crow, that never materialized. Yeah, he was. They drafted him before Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. Oof. Bang for your what?

Been doing post draft party cleanup and just had music on. Hopefully he ends up in a better situation and doesn't screw me.
Yeah, see my post below that about me having no life... :bag:

eta* I'm kidding, really. I just figured not everyone had seen and all...

Wasn't Fournette a top ten pick just a few years ago? Holy crow, that never materialized. Yeah, he was. They drafted him before Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. Oof. Bang for your what?
He was good his rookie season, and was constantly hurt his second season, and was productive last year. Last year he had a lack of touchdowns, but they didn't run much at the GL, and their OL was horrible. Maybe Gay Gruden doesn't like him. 

I will figure out the song later and see if I can do something besides The Goo Goo Dolls or Cannibal Corpse.  

6.xx:  STEFON DIGGS

@facook is UP
He may not score the most points given that his QB is Allen and he'll be running with John Brown, but as a receiver, he's second-to-none in route running and just general excellence. When they do advanced analytics on these guys, they find Diggs's catch rate per certain routes run and yards per route run tops in the game. I know I'm editorializing about a pick and usually don't, but I especially like this. You got a WR1 in real football. I would have been tempted to go outside of need just to watch him on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread