Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation

25 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

So looks like 11 right now? One more and we match last year. 

Yeah. I just asked in the Shining Path FF thread if anyone had any interest in doing a music draft/FF league. I'm trying to think of music guys and gals that would be intereted, too. Buffaloes hasn't been around for a bit, and I know he follows FF as he was always more an SP guy than FFA. So maybe...

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2.07:   NICK CHUBB - RB  (went to U of GA) SONG:  B-52s:  MESOPOTAMIA LINK   Trying to dig a tad deeper and have some fun with this playlist.  

This is the second season without one of our original members. The league was started by my brother 21 years ago. Most of the people in the league are people my brother grew up with or met in college

I'm just happy the air quality has improved enough for me to sit back and take a deep breath

6 hours ago, rockaction said:

Buffaloes hasn't been around for a bit, and I know he follows FF as he was always more an SP guy than FFA. So maybe...

thanks for the invite. i have scaled back fantasy foosball the past couple years to just a long-running dynasty and use that basically as a way to do something with old friends. haven't followed it other than that so i think i will pass on this

Edited by Buffaloes
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Buffaloes said:

thanks for the invite. i have scaled back fantasy foosball the past couple years to just my long-time dynasty and use that basically as a vehicle to do something with old friends. haven't followed it other than that so i think i will pass on this

Thanks for the response, man. Keep it real in the field and all that. Be in touch even as COVID wanes, eh? 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

Looks like 11 it is. I'll fire up a draft order this afternoon. Slow start tomorrow. 

Can you do odd number leagues in Yahoo? 

4 minutes ago, simey said:
23 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Can you do odd number leagues in Yahoo? 

I don't mind dropping out so it can be an even 10.

If that is necessary it should be me.  I'm the one that bumped it to 11.

1 minute ago, facook said:

If that is necessary it should be me.  I'm the one that bumped it to 11.

You said you were bummed you missed out on year 1. I've played in year 1 and 2.  I don't mind taking a seat so you can play.

1 minute ago, simey said:

You said you were bummed you missed out on year 1. I've played in year 1 and 2.  I don't mind taking a seat so you can play.

You're kind, but I'm far from a music aficionado.  It would be fun but you are a far better fit.  Also I joined in the Shining Path league which is averaging about 1 pick every 5 hours, so that will keep me busy.  :D   

On 8/21/2020 at 12:35 PM, Pip's Invitation said:

I’d be interested if people are needed, but I am not available most of the time from Aug. 29 to Sept. 1 because of work commitment. So if that’s a disqualifying factor, I understand.

Don’t forget what I said when I put my hat in. If someone needs to drop, I’m ok with it being me.

55 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Is this free? I can do it so we don't need someone to drop out.  

Be warned- I currently know less about football than I do about music. 

It’s free and just for fun, glad you can join 

3 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

And what is this fantasy foosball you people are talking about?  Peyton Manning still playing? 

I don't follow football too closely these days either, the one thing I'll say is look at the league rules (superflex so can be 2 QB, and another WR/RB/TE flex spot in addition to the 2 RB 3 WR spots).

3 minutes ago, Pip's Invitation said:

These were posted first, so: my random order was:

Raging Weasel  - 8 

Dr. Octopus  7 

Pip's Invitation - 12

rockaction - 4  

simey  -2 

Northern Voice  - 3

Karma Police  - 6

Mrs. Rannous  -11

mphtrilogy  - 9 

Ilov80s  -  10

Doug B  -  1

facook   - 5

Sorry @Pip's Invitation, your post gives you the last pick :lol: but maybe being on the turn will be helpful with your limited availability.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Sorry @Pip's Invitation, your post gives you the last pick :lol: but maybe being on the turn will be helpful with your limited availability.

I was actually hoping for being on either turn just for that reason. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So for yahoo, from last year, I think this is right?...

Ekeler Parties = NV

The Delanie Warhols = simey

I Am the Walleres = rockaction

Blackened Voodoo = Doug B

Froghoppers = Mrs. Rannous

High Res 4K Receivers = Ilov80s

Thin White Dukes = Dr. Octopus

---

and facook, KP, Pip's, mphtrilogy and Raging Weasel can join by clicking this link: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/771874/invitation?key=308568cbead579b7&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=73ff16cd12f5cd64

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Ekeler Parties = NV

---

and facook, KP, Pip's, mphtrilogy and Raging Weasel can join by clicking this link: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/771874/invitation?key=308568cbead579b7&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=73ff16cd12f5cd64

Yep to all seven returnees.

18 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Ekeler Parties = NV

---

Got it. I'm After the Pass Rush. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Ekeler Parties = NV

---

I'm Life Is.... for now.  May change depending on which Vanilla Ice song I use.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

That's a good question.  I'll have to see if Mr R's regular league needs to do that.

Doesn't matter here, but "regular leagues" also need to decide what constitutes a "full year" in case the year ends early, and also who wins if they do....most points?  Best record?  Split?  Decide now to avoid arguments later.

17 minutes ago, facook said:

Doesn't matter here, but "regular leagues" also need to decide what constitutes a "full year" in case the year ends early, and also who wins if they do....most points?  Best record?  Split?  Decide now to avoid arguments later.

True, although our league is an odd one.  This will (hopefully) be its 32nd year.  We'll work it out.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

I had a dream last night I drafted some guy named Phifer at pick 3 and named my team 'Phifer Fighting', how's everybody else's morning?

Great when I thought I had the first pick, slightly less so now at the 8 spot.

10 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

Ekeler Parties = NV

---

In, Born Under Punches 

4 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

Crap! My work network is down until Mon/Tues and used work email to join league not realizing I would need to access it right away .

You won't really need the Yahoo site until the season starts, unless you wanted to use it for searching players etc.. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

You won't really need the Yahoo site until the season starts, unless you wanted to use it for searching players etc.. 

Never done superflex before so it could be a landmine for me but at least it's free. 

Team name will be While My QB Gently Weeps.

• Like 2