What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Summerpalooza III: FFA Music/Fantasy Football Draft - Congrats League Champ Pip's Invitation (1 Viewer)

For Jerry Jeudy  -   Wildflowers

Jeudy played for Alabama.  Emmylou Harris is from Birmingham and is part of the Trio who played on the album of that name.

For Greg Zuerlein  -  Dancng Dolls  -  Spooner

Both from that part of Nebraska where The Leg went to college.  

At least everyone knows what team he plays for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Herndon is who I wanted late. Chris Herndon left practice today, so I chose Higbee. Chris Herndon never plays games, so Higbee it was. I think you got a steal if he's not hurt or suspended.
I have Hurst as well so I’m just going gut with him finally putting together a season.

I took this dude with my second round rookie pick this afternoon, so if he sucks I blame you all. 
What'd your draft look like? If you needed RBs, then you might have done a good thing. There are other guys that might make more immediate impact at WR this year, but RBs are scarce, so you probably did the right thing. He's a converted WR/gadget guy that runs a sub 4.4 40 and that the WAS coaches are giving serious run at RB now that Guice got released.
Yeah, it's that roster I pm'd you, so we had kept 2 QB, 2 RB, 5 WR, 1 TE. It's superflex like here, so qb went early. 

1.01  - Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB KC
1.02  - Jonathan Taylor RB IND
1.03  - Joe Burrow QB CIN
1.04  -  Tua Tagovailoa QB MIA
1.05  - DJ Chark WR JAX
1.06  - JK Dobbins RB BAL
1.07  - Justin Herbert QB LAC
1.08  - CeeDee Lamb WR DAL
1.09  - D'Andre Swift RB DET
1.10  - Cam Akers RB LAR
1.11  - Jerry Jeudy WR DEN
1.12  - Henry Ruggs III WR LV

2.01  - Zack Moss RB BUF
2.02  - DeVante Parker WR MIA
2.03  - Michael Pittman Jr WR IND
2.04  - Justin Jefferson WR MIN
2.05  - Brandon Aiyuk WR SF
2.06  - Antonio Gibson
2.07  - Damien Harris
2.08  - Jalen Reagor
2.09  - Christian Kirk
2.10  - Darrell Henderson
2.11  - Latavius Murray
2.12  - AJ Dillon

My picks bolded. Obviously Chark should have been kept. I might have taken Reagor or Kirk if we weren't so strong at WR. 

Round 3 I took Tyrod Taylor, because QB's  :bag:

Yeah, it's that roster I pm'd you, so we had kept 2 QB, 2 RB, 5 WR, 1 TE. It's superflex like here, so qb went early. 

1.01  - Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB KC
1.02  - Jonathan Taylor RB IND
1.03  - Joe Burrow QB CIN
1.04  -  Tua Tagovailoa QB MIA
1.05  - DJ Chark WR JAX
1.06  - JK Dobbins RB BAL
1.07  - Justin Herbert QB LAC
1.08  - CeeDee Lamb WR DAL
1.09  - D'Andre Swift RB DET
1.10  - Cam Akers RB LAR
1.11  - Jerry Jeudy WR DEN
1.12  - Henry Ruggs III WR LV

2.01  - Zack Moss RB BUF
2.02  - DeVante Parker WR MIA
2.03  - Michael Pittman Jr WR IND
2.04  - Justin Jefferson WR MIN
2.05  - Brandon Aiyuk WR SF
2.06  - Antonio Gibson
2.07  - Damien Harris
2.08  - Jalen Reagor
2.09  - Christian Kirk
2.10  - Darrell Henderson
2.11  - Latavius Murray
2.12  - AJ Dillon

My picks bolded. Obviously Chark should have been kept. I might have taken Reagor or Kirk if we weren't so strong at WR. 

Round 3 I took Tyrod Taylor, because QB's  :bag:
Looks good, NV. Bryan Edwards nowhere to be seen, huh? He's going to likely start this year. Maybe the PFF article about him is scaring people off. Shenault and he are the two notables that I see missing. Joshua Kelley, who I just drafted in this league, is getting second team reps over Justin Jackson at RB. Waldman loves him. Maybe something to look for in the fourth.

I have Hurst as well so I’m just going gut with him finally putting together a season.
Yeah, I figured it was because you had a solid back up. I was just saying that I was gonna wait even longer on TE for Herndon. Glad I didn't. I had you pegged as someone taking him, but once you took Hurst, I figured...

Spotify has some strange holes (says the guy who barely uses it).

That's kind of what kept me from jumping in with both feet. I'd look for stuff that I didn't think was all that obscure (at least at a regional level) ... and it just wouldn't be there. So, instead, I'd keep kicking that Spotify can down the road.

I wanted Chase but there were pressing needs and some TEs weren't picked by teams yet. I think Chase is a real value there in that offense. I just picked Higbee because I got news my guy left practice and I needed a tight end. The guy I was going with has never really been that reliable, either.
You are one of the people that sniped me. 

I thought we were using wiki for band origin, which they have as Cleveland.   I thought we just used birth if it was a solo musician. 
We've been doing both "place of origin" for bands and "place of birth" for people (either solo or in bands). Place of birth for individuals within bands has been tapped a bunch of times.

We've been doing both "place of origin" for bands and "place of birth" for people (either solo or in bands). Place of birth for individuals within bands has been tapped a bunch of times.
And sometimes the place of origin of a band isn't really where they spent their career.

And sometimes the place of origin of a band isn't really where they spent their career.
Yeah, for some acts, place or origin gets a little complicated. And then some other acts are strongly associated with a town or locale (e.g. Bruce Springsteen, Jefferson Airplane).

0 clue if I can come up with a song, but I will take C.KIRK  (Tex A&M is close enough to Houston)

SONG:  SOLANGE - WEARY  (FROM HOUSTON)

Well, if we know one thing about Cam from the last few years - he can at least throw to a RB.  

10.07:  JAMES WHITE  (Went to UW-Madison)

SONG: LES PAUL - HOW HIGH THE MOON (from Waukesha, WI)

The song selection will be junk, but I will roll the dice on Mr. Robbie Gronkowski  (went to Arizona)

SONG:  SUPERSUCKERS - PRETTY ####ED UP (From Tuscan)

** I also think that Gronk himself would like this dumb party jam **

On my sheet that's the Steelers.  If others agree we'll move on.

SONG:  NINE INCH NAILS - EVERY DAY IS EXACTLY THE SAME (Trent born near Pittsburgh)

** a little COVID theme for the playlist ** ;)  

I show Will Lutz, K, NO.  If that can be corroborated @Dr. Octopus can go.

SONG:  BETTER THAN EZRA - KING OF NEW ORLEANS (from down the road in Baton Rougue - also where KP was born)
 @Northern Voice - here are the missing songs for my picks.  

Pretty sure I haven't thought of drafting 4 of these 5 selections before.   This draft setup does make it interesting  

Users who are viewing this thread